• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Yes. What Reno Blade said above.

Otherwise you need to wait, I've started testing for it today.

#242 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts
  • LocationXylanthia, Sirius Star System

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Disabled that thanks Reno.

#243 SirPuFFaLoT

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

I just installed the medium-high config and my frame rates seemed to have dropped compared to yesterday without a user.cfg file.

I must say I can see mechs much easier now in the testing grounds but I am not sure what I should have my video settings at. I am currently running at the HIGH setting with Post Processing set to LOW and Textures set to VERY HIGH. My framerate with the user.cfg is around 50 and drops down into the 30-40's at times. I never seen it below 58-60 before installing the user.cfg (using Vsync).

Using an nVidia 560 TI with a quad core 4.4 GHz CPU.

Any suggestions on what I could change?

#244 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

Since yesterdays patch most options need to be re-tested.
Either play without a config, or test some of the lines to see if you can get better performance.
Easiest way:
You could use a config file where only the deapth of field is set to 0 and nothing else in there to wait for a new config file while keeping the most important setting (disabled DoF).

#245 P Hocto

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, I wasn't sure if my cfg file was doing anything at all but since the patch something in it was making my game crash. So now I just have FOV, colorgrading and depthoffield in it and nothing else...

#246 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Can we fix this problem with some command or setting?

#247 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostAlexander Malthus, on 05 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Can we fix this problem with some command or setting?

id recommend you turn off motion blur.

BUT, inside the 6 (ultra-high) are 4 commented out lines regarding shutterspeed/motionblur near the top. you can try fiddling with those, just remove ";" to make them activate again, their under "motionblurfun"

very important you disable q_ShaderPostProcess = 4 or you will see massive FPS drops.

also, make sure you turn vsync "off" if using dx11 right now it causes big fps hits.

this is my current user.cfg. its in alpha for dx11, so be aware.

Spoiler

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 05 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#248 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Turned motion blur off long time ago. Isn't helping much now either. Will test above mentioned commands right now.

#249 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Used your user.cfg, didn't help at all :P .

#250 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Anyone found out which of the lines makes DX9 smoke green? It looks too much like Alien vs Predator now ^^

#251 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I only get green smoke when using heat vision ^^ and it looks kinda cool :P but i have no idea what line creates the effect.

#252 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 05 March 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Anyone found out which of the lines makes DX9 smoke green? It looks too much like Alien vs Predator now ^^

I was hoping you'd found it Reno :huh: Still hunting for it.

Updated user.cfg. I'm testing this in dx9 right now, should work in 11. this user.cfg is giving green smoke in dx9 heatvision and also I am seeing FPS drops to 10 when overheating my mech. add your feedback below.

Visuals are quite good, lasers glow more, overall visually it's very nice. add visual feedback here too pls.

Spoiler

#253 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

and another updated user.cfg you can try. This is for very high spec and will be (7) when added to the package. adds some bonus ssdo & hdr / bloom for nicer lasers too.

this config should fix the green smoke problem.

culprit looks to be r_FogShadows = 1, disable that line in your cfg and see if that fixes the green fog for you. this cfg below fixed the green fog for me.

Spoiler

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 05 March 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#254 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 05 March 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

and another updated user.cfg you can try. This is for very high spec and will be (7) when added to the package. adds some bonus ssdo & hdr / bloom for nicer lasers too.

this config should fix the green smoke problem.

culprit looks to be r_FogShadows = 1, disable that line in your cfg and see if that fixes the green fog for you. this cfg below fixed the green fog for me.

Spoiler

I'll give it a try after work tonight.

#255 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

@Colonel Pada Vinson

I just tested your newest .cfg and the green smoke is gone :P and i also noticed that it removed the flickering shadows i had on my atli in the mechlab which i had with your last cfg before the dx11 patch hit.

#256 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

please post an update of the cfg when you can. after last patch i had to delete the user.cfg because i had a big drop in fps. aftter deleting it and running the repair tool things came to normal but i dont like how the game looks...:P

so - if you can post all the updated cfg's - low/medium/high..i would be gratefull :P

thanks for your work

#257 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

Does dx9/11 impact visuals with your cfg's at all? Or should things look the same either way (MSAA aside)?

#258 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 March 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Does dx9/11 impact visuals with your cfg's at all? Or should things look the same either way (MSAA aside)?

I'm testing both but playing with 9 for now still. it should work with both, visually dx11 will upgrade you slightly but it costs vsync = off which causes me screen tearing.

I will update the package, but i am too busy right now to get to it. Maybe this weekend, for now disable the above noted entries to fix green fog & fps loss, of use the latest cfg i posted.

#259 Precipus

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

greetings~
while i am eager to get my game back to it's peak performance I wanted to share with you folks what i did and how it has helped.
firstly I am running on a intel quad core @ 3.0, 6 gig ram, and 2 GTX460. I run SLI by using Nvidia inspector and loading the crysis 3 settings. I was having most of the issues above and missing terrain and mechs.

uninstall MWO->reboot->install MWO to a new directory->reboot. fired up game and went DX11. turned off glow and blur. set everything to low except object detail which is very high, and disable AA. I can hit almost 70 FPS during drop screen then down to about 48 as an average. I do get those drops to the teens still though, but noticed this more when around jumjets...smoke?
game is no where as nice as before, but playable

#260 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostPrecipis, on 06 March 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

greetings~
while i am eager to get my game back to it's peak performance I wanted to share with you folks what i did and how it has helped.
firstly I am running on a intel quad core @ 3.0, 6 gig ram, and 2 GTX460. I run SLI by using Nvidia inspector and loading the crysis 3 settings. I was having most of the issues above and missing terrain and mechs.

uninstall MWO->reboot->install MWO to a new directory->reboot. fired up game and went DX11. turned off glow and blur. set everything to low except object detail which is very high, and disable AA. I can hit almost 70 FPS during drop screen then down to about 48 as an average. I do get those drops to the teens still though, but noticed this more when around jumjets...smoke?
game is no where as nice as before, but playable

you still get the drops with object detail set to low too?

does it say "low" or "custom" up top for prime config? try setting prime config to low.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users