High-End User.cfg File

372 replies to this topic

#201 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Seems it do not work after update 4th feb :x .
I have film grain and I can not turn off shadows.

EDIT:After reinstalling game I am able to turn off film grain and shadows...wtf is wrong with this game? :x

View PostK1Com, on 04 February 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

most cvars are blocked to prevent cheat , this is a very good thing

yea like adjusting joystick is cheating right?

Edited by JudgeDeathCZ, 04 February 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#202 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

I just read the dmp file and the Omicron file and I got this:

Initializing AI System
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_gain
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_sensitivity
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_throttle_range
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_invert_throttle
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_invert_pitch
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_invert_yaw
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_invert_turn
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_joystick_deadzone
[Warning] Unknown command: cl_fov

So did they disable the .cfg again?

#203 K1Com

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

most cvars are blocked to prevent cheat , this is a very good thing

#204 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

Joystick config no longer work? Thats strange.

Waiting for a new working high-end config Pada :ph34r:

#205 Shamoth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

Colonel,
Im really astonished that You have strengths and will to keep this going, considering how PGI used or what was done with our time in matter of gfx optimizations during closed beta...

After year of break i came back few days ago to see what has changed, activated 180+ days of banked premium time and i was really pleased with changes that took so long... and now this new UI, i think another another year of break...

Any way, I wish You strengths and will to keep this threat alive and helping ppl.

#206 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Spoiler

current user.cfg with game set to high/very high and post processing to medium.

try it, might help. high end user.cfg. if your having fps troubles set everything to low or medium and dont use custom for now

#207 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

I don't know what happened but after UI 2.0 my user cfg doesn't look to be working at all, and my game is stuck @ 50 fps no matter if i set it to low, medium, high or very high (using presets, looks like custom values are fubar). I've just tried the user.cfg in your post with no effort, without it, nothing changes.

Any attempt to disable vsync from either attributes.xml or user cfg or whatever end up always in making the game run @ 50, with huge stutter; i have a Nvidia GTX 660 (on an i5 3570k, 8gb ram, game starts from a SSD, so my rig isn't exactly slow), I've tried adaptative vsync (my usual setting) off, on, I've deleted the shaders, I've deleted the whole profile folder and rebuilt everything.. game is always stuck both in mechlab and after drop in testing grounds @ 50. And yes, I have the latest drivers, no other game shows this behaviour.

What the hell. I've also have a backup installation in another folder, patched it, same results, everything is stuck @ 50. I'm not actively playing the game anymore, so whatever, but it's unplayable due to the stutter if I'll ever want to make a drop with the old friends!

#208 Shamoth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

like i mentioned somewhere else...

View PostShamoth, on 06 February 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

Weird, im pushing over 100fps v-sync off when set custom settings to medium, since they are messed up and act as low/off
also i set sys_spec in system.cfg from 3 to 1

View PostShamoth, on 06 February 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

custom settings are messed up... if you want to set something to low or off set it to medium, if you want something to medium set it as high, if yoy want something set as high set it as vhigh and if you need something set to vhigh detail choose low option ;]

Edited by Shamoth, 06 February 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#209 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Anything I can do for a PC with 2x Xeon 2.8 GHz Quad-Core processors? I think Cryengine only uses one processor up to four cores anyway I could force it to use 2?

#210 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostImperius, on 06 February 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Anything I can do for a PC with 2x Xeon 2.8 GHz Quad-Core processors? I think Cryengine only uses one processor up to four cores anyway I could force it to use 2?

not that i am aware. you could look into multi-gpu commands for cryengine, but i dont think more than 4 cores will work. you shouldnt need more than 4 anyhow is your performance struggling?

regarding DoF, i will restate that post-processing to medium for now to kill most of the DoF effect.

Finally, anyone tinkering with user.cfg that finds useful & working commands it would be helpful if you posted them here for me to review and add in. I will be investigating user.cfg settings this weekend and have an update for you guys on Monday.

#211 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

I did some experimentation with my user.cfg today. If you look at the omicron.txt file in the main folder you will see a history of the previous session. What was loaded, what had errors, etc. I found that all of my previous cfg commands were listed as unrecognizeable. I moved my cfg file and on the next look, those went away. I then removed my joystick lines (they are now redundant because of the new UI) and suddenly my cl_fov=80 line works perfectly. There is no warning message that it is an unrecognized command. I believe that if there are commands in your user.cfg that are now handled by the UI, that the game will ignore the entire cfg file. My suggestion, throw out the lines that you know for sure are handled by the game, then add the rest one at a time to determine if they disrupt the game. The Omicron.txt will tell you if your user.cfg file is not working.

#212 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

I have been using a MS Precision 2 Joystick in this game since day one (early beta). I was using the following user.cfg with these command lines to play:
<<<
cl_joystick_gain = 13 //The higher this value is set to, the faster a full throw of the joystick is going to move the reticule
cl_joystick_sensitivity = 1 //The smaller this value is set to, the more sensitive your joystick will become
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0 //makes the throttle work in (Forward/Neutral/Reverse) mode.
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1 /makes the throttle work in the right direction.
cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1 //Sets the y-axis (aka Pitch) in the right direction
cl_joystick_invert_yaw = 0 //Sets the x-axis (aka yaw) in the right direction Added just in case you require to change your x-axis
cl_joystick_invert_turn = 0
I_joystick_deadzone = 0.3 //This is the amount of non-movement wiggle room when you're joystick is centered
I_joystick_buffered = 0 //disables the Joystick buffering which greatly increases the joystick's sensitivity
>>>

Over time I got the throttle, pitch, yaw, and twist settings fixed using the GUI but still needed the gain, sensitivity and dead zones command settings to play well.

Now after this patch my game <was> pretty much gone. I have played with the x/y sensitivity slides but either I <got> a clumsy and sluggishly slow game control at the low end or a bat-out-of hell fast and twitchy command that rubber bands all over the place toward the high end. Now after three days of playing using various settings across the middle, I still not have found any sort of sweet spot. This new controller GUI does not work half as well as last week. I get either an ultra-slow but controllable recital or a fast, totally uncontrollable recital. BTW I have a decent PC with Intel i7 4770 3.4G CPU with 16Gs of ram and NVidia GTX 645 Vid card. Has PGI forgot the gain settings? I want slow movemnet with small stick throws and fast with large stick throws.

Trying to adjust to new settings. If any of the joystick commands are forbidden and kill the user.cfg file please imform us which. Thanks...

***** Update 9th Feb 14 *****
Finally getting my game back. Game playable, getting decent hits. Adjusted game's joystick controler sliders to the low (left) end producing the following lines in my attributes file:

<<<
<Attr name="OptionCfg.cl_joystick_deadzone" value="0.110000"/>
<Attr name="OptionCfg.cl_joystick_invert_pitch" value="1"/>
<Attr name="OptionCfg.cl_joystick_invert_throttle" value="1"/>
<Attr name="OptionCfg.cl_joystick_sensitivityX" value="0.240000"/>
<Attr name="OptionCfg.cl_joystick_sensitivityY" value="0.170000"/>
>>>
Works Ok for my Microsoft Precision 2 stick. As I get better I will slowly bump the x/y sliders to the right for a bit more response.
PS: PGI, Thanks for the great sale this weekend. My two new heros for the price of one are working out well.

Edited by FireDog, 09 February 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#213 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Sir:

Looking at the medium-stock file, I see
e_ParticlesQuality = 2
e_ParticlesMaxScreenFill = 65
but aren't values those typos?

I see
r_ShadowBlur
set to 2 in low-stock, but it's set to 1 in medium-stock? Shouldn't that be 0 and 3, respectively?

I've noticed
e_TerrainTextureLodRatio
only exists in medium- and low-stock: Is it missing from the higher settings, or just defalting to something?

Only ultra-stock has a
sys_spec_Quality

The
;Particles

e_ParticlesQuality = 4
e_ParticlesLights = 1
e_ParticlesMaxScreenFill = 128
e_ParticlesMinDrawPixels = 1
e_ParticlesMotionBlur = 0
e_ParticlesObjectCollisions = 2
r_UseParticlesHalfRes = 0
r_UseSoftParticles = 1
section is missing in high-stock: Are these the missing values?

While I've got you here, what do you think of setting
r_beams = 2
to go along with turning Glow
r_Glow = 0
off?

Also: You would happen to be willing to hazard a guess as to which of these sections effect the CPU more then the GPU? :P

Thanks for your work …

What is with p_gravity_z?

#214 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 07 February 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

not that i am aware. you could look into multi-gpu commands for cryengine, but i dont think more than 4 cores will work. you shouldnt need more than 4 anyhow is your performance struggling?

regarding DoF, i will restate that post-processing to medium for now to kill most of the DoF effect.

Finally, anyone tinkering with user.cfg that finds useful & working commands it would be helpful if you posted them here for me to review and add in. I will be investigating user.cfg settings this weekend and have an update for you guys on Monday.

Not sure. My CPU usage seems to never go over 25-30% and my GPU really never goes over 70% useage but my FPS is crap. 17-32 ish (In game) 60-100 (In training grounds). I'm on Windows 8.1 maybe I just need to wait and hope for DX 11.2 support come march.

#215 DeusL0Vult

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

I can't use the download link, as it says access is forbidden.

#216 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostAlbert Meyburgh, on 06 February 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

vsync makes the shaders rebuild so it's probably related to a bug we've been tracking regarding the game getting corrupt during async shader compilation. we're possibly turning off async shader compile when dx11 is released but it's not my dept so I'm not sure. In the meanwhile if you delete your user shader cache, run the repair tool, and add r_ShadersAsyncCompiling=0 to your user.cfg it MAY resolve the issue but no promises for now :ph34r:

View PostAlbert Meyburgh, on 07 February 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

sorry I should clarify, if you follow these steps as I suggested, you can turn vsync off again, and since async compiling is disabled with that user.cfg flag, the corruption would thus be avoided in the future... so it is a permanent workaround in theory with no need to rely on vsync to force a rebuild... but no warranty as I said :excl: I am just throwing it out there since I can appreciate the frustration.

I have also found that this made a difference with my crossfire set up don't know if it will help with SLI setup though

r_MultiGPU = 1

0=disabled, 1=extra overhead to allow SLI(NVidia) or Crossfire(ATI),
2(default)=automatic detection (currently SLI only, means off for ATI)
should be activated before rendering

#217 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

I know what I should ask: Anyone here know the way to set the front ends' framerate limit?

#218 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 04 February 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Seems it do not work after update 4th feb :x .
I have film grain and I can not turn off shadows.

EDIT:After reinstalling game I am able to turn off film grain and shadows...wtf is wrong with this game? :x

yea like adjusting joystick is cheating right?

What, after the patch, you where able to disable film grain?! HOW?!

#219 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

View PostGoose, on 10 February 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I know what I should ask: Anyone here know the way to set the front ends' framerate limit?

For veeeery poor systems:
sys_MaxFPS = 39

For all the others:
sys_MaxFPS = 59

#220 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

Did anyone manage to figure out which commands are working and which are not? Want to filter out useless lines off my user.cfg.

Edited by Alexander Malthus, 11 February 2014 - 05:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users