• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostVodage, on 06 June 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

I see a lot of CFG's posted with really pretty graphics. I'm looking for something more like this

Edit: video isn't embedding properly >< http://youtu.be/DreDIhnK-co

^Most pro QL players run settings like these. Granted, Quake is a different style of game, where neon green enemies have become tournament standard. So maybe PGI won't let me remove all textures from all surfaces through the CFG-- but can I at least get blob shadows? Howabout less of this blockbuster-esque overexaggeration of every particle effect? Foliage elimination would be nice, too. If I can shoot through it, I should be able to see through it :P

Has anyone put together a CFG for max visibility? ...the tournament players perhaps? :P

I wish that lower graphics settings let you see worse than the higher ones, rather than the opposite, so lame that its "better" to run with everything off and have the game look like crap. Something like having opaque smoke if you can't run regular smoke, not just get rid of it.

#342 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

I've updated the first post in this thread with my final user.cfg files for the game. [redacted]

Thanks,

Vinson

Edited by Egomane, 13 August 2014 - 05:30 AM.
removed instructions on how to get the file

#343 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

And I removed the link, as the file contains instructions to modify the game in a way not intended by the devs.

@Pada Vinson
Only modifications to the user.cfg itself are acceptable. You can link it and advertise it here, if you remove the parts that do not comform to this rule.

Edited by Egomane, 13 August 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#344 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Alright then.

I've pulled the user.cfg file from our website. Obviously for the past 3 years it was acceptable to use these files, but it is no longer the case, so good luck out there guys. I only reposted this since the last 2 patches have brought FPS below 30 again, and some of you requested assistance. Sorry folks, but it looks like you'll have to hope PGI can fix these issues for you from now on.

#345 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostEgomane, on 13 August 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

And I removed the link, as the file contains instructions to modify the game in a way not intended by the devs.

@Pada Vinson
Only modifications to the user.cfg itself are acceptable. You can link it and advertise it here, if you remove the parts that do not comform to this rule.

oh, someone from PGI visited my website and downloaded content from it?

thanks Egomane.

#346 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

As to your config... I'm fairly certain the blanked out "CVarGroups_MWO" folder doesn't actually do anything, and hasn't for quite some time. Plus the film grain removal file included does nothing as well, and again hasn't for some time. There is now a user.cfg command to remove film grain instead.

All that's left is your actual user configs which I assume are alright to post.

#347 Colonel Tequila

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

the content has been moderated?!

poor show, pada has done good justice to the community for the past 3 years..... tut tut....

I hope someone will continue to take up the mantle of 'fixing' mwo - each patch I have wild FPS changes - I refuse to buy a new graphics card!!

#348 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

View PostColonel Tequila, on 16 August 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

the content has been moderated?!

poor show, pada has done good justice to the community for the past 3 years..... tut tut....

I hope someone will continue to take up the mantle of 'fixing' mwo - each patch I have wild FPS changes - I refuse to buy a new graphics card!!

Ego edited his post already on the 13th. User.cfg files are allowed.

#349 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

@Colonel Pada Vinson

Thank you so much for your cfgs ! It made the game a lot more enjoyable :)

@Everyone

For a few Patches now I am experiencing green smoke in Heatvision again, either when I use a clean install of the game without any cfg modifications, or with my usual cfg (Reno Blade's personal cfg from page 17) and r_FogShadows = set to 0 or simply disabled with a semicolon doesn't remove the green smoke.
So my question is, has anyone else had this problem occuring again and does anyone know how to get rid of it, because on some maps like frozen city I usually play 80% in Heatvision and now it is impossible to do so and seriously affects my gameplay on such maps.

I am running in Dx9 Mode with everything at max Settings except PostAA, which is disabled since the cfg enables its own AA and this is what my current cfg looks like:

Spoiler

Edited by El Rizzo, 19 August 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#350 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hey El Rizzo,

I use DX11 without problems. But I checked DX9 (without config) and if you set the details for Shadows to Very High it turns green. High/med is normal.

I went into the game and tried with different cfg line disabled/changed, but it did not help.
Then I just loaded another RC night and switched the Shadow slider in the adv. settings to High and it was gone.

I guess this option now overrides the config, or the config line with r_FogShadows = 0 no longer is valid.

#351 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hey Reno Blade,

just tested your solution and it works with shadows set to high ! so first of all thanks for the very quick response and a working solution :)

Regarding Directx 11, I would love to switch to Dx11, but the last time I tested it, I had lower fps than with Dx9 so I switched back and now I am waiting until PGI finally makes Dx11 viable, or has the performance improved already and PGI simply didn't mention it in one of the patchlogs ? (or I didn't read it :D)

#352 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

You are welcome. :)

I upgraded my GTX 560Ti (2GB) to a GTX 770 OC (4GB) and my fps is now up in the 60s (vsync off = 100fps) with lowest dips to 40, where I had usually 45 with dips to 20 fps.

I am still not using MSAA or TXAA (only PostAA) as these can bring fps down to 48fps in the testing grounds and I don't want to run into game with less than 30fps anymore.
I don't even notice any difference anyway :D

Edited by Reno Blade, 19 August 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#353 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

Well, the improved Fps make sense from upgrading your GPU :D but I just tested Dx11 again on my GTX 780 and the overall GPU Load is higher to achieve the same FPS I get using Dx9, for example:

Using Dx9 and a driver set Fps Limit of 58 (less Tearing than 60, at least it feels like less to me :D), my GPU usually runs at 889Mhz and about 40-60% load on River City, using the Testing Grounds.

Using the same scenario and map location with Dx11, the card runs at full Clockrate of 1163Mhz and about 50-60% load thus demanding more GPU Power than Dx9 although both times I had the same constant 58 Fps.

So you might try Dx9 and find your Fps going up and dropping less into the 40s :) The simplest way to test this is to use Msi Afterburner's OSD to monitor your GPU load and clockrate while ingame, thats at least how I did it and don't worry, you don't need a MSI card to use the software, it runs with pretty much any card of any vendor, mine for example is from Gigabyte.

#354 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 18 January 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Since egomane and PGI killed this topic, I'm calling it quits. Good luck out there.

This was quite the overreaction. In any case, farewell and good luck to you Colonel Pada Vinson. My interactions with you in the Closed Beta were incredibly helpful, and instrumental to my enjoyment of the game in those early days.

*Query for Thread*
I downloaded the configs before the link was removed. I could just post the content of the user.cfg's here, if they are something that is wanted.

#355 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

@Grey Ghost
That would be nice, I would like to see what he changed and how it affects the game.

#356 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 21 August 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

This was quite the overreaction.

Actually, no, it is not. It is not the first time PGI ****** with him for trying to unlock some performance/prettiness in MWO.

#357 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 21 August 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

*Query for Thread*
I downloaded the configs before the link was removed. I could just post the content of the user.cfg's here, if they are something that is wanted.

Please fell free to do so.

Just make sure that there really isn't anything in there, besides the user.cfg files and explainations. There were some .xml file modifications explained in the textfiles, as well as some additional file to be added to the game client in there. All those need to be thrown out, as they are rule violations.

View PostModo44, on 22 August 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Actually, no, it is not. It is not the first time PGI ****** with him for trying to unlock some performance/prettiness in MWO.

The rules on modifications to the game files are clear and known for a long time. I do not know why he, or you as far as it matters, is so shocked that they are enforced on the forums. I find his reaction kind of sad, as even without the parts, that are in violation to the rules, his work would have been extremly helpfull.

#358 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

I am shocked by closing off -- hard -- an entire modding path that could help PGI and players alike, not by rule enforcement itself.

Edited by Modo44, 22 August 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#359 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

1_lowest_no_shadows.cfg
Spoiler

2_medium_shadows_on.cfg
Spoiler

3_medium_high.cfg
Spoiler

4_high_tweaked.cfg
Spoiler

5_ultra_high.cfg
Spoiler

6_ultra_high_maxed.cfg
Spoiler

View PostEgomane, on 22 August 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Please fell free to do so.

Just make sure that there really isn't anything in there, besides the user.cfg files and explainations.

Text only.

#360 El Rizzo

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Thanks a lot for posting the configs <_< will try out the ultra high maxed.

Looks good so far and haven't had any performance issues, on the contrary it feels slightly smoother but that might be my imagination :blink: since the Fps are the same.

Edited by El Rizzo, 25 August 2014 - 09:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users