Piranah You Really Should Stop The Pr Rubbish And Start Talking To Us.

89 replies to this topic

#1 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Bioware made the same mistake with SWTOR, the game was in turmoil and they had Penny from the PR department write all their patch intros and all it did was infuriate the customers and made quite a few leave. There is no worse feeling when you can see a game in turmoil than the devs talking as if it's fine, all that does is drive people away. (not saying MWO is in turmoil)

I notice Jan 18th Weekly review is wrote in the same trend as all corporate PR crap, totally out of touch with customers and written to make shareholders smile.

Everyone knows the last patch was awful, it failed on so many fronts that I would have not dared release it tbh. Yet this is how your PR department wrote it:

We also had a fantastic patch that brought us our newest Mech, the Spider!

Fantastic? It brought another light Mech with ECM to a game where light Mechs are glitching with lag shield and ECM is so OP that victory depends on actually having one on your team. It failed to address 99% of the glaring concerns that us beta testers are telling you about everyday, yet your PR team lauded it as fantastic, do you have any idea how demoralising that sounds to us customers? On a forum poll 43% of your customers were very dissapointed with it and only 3% were impressed, but your PR department thought it was fantastic...seriously!

You never even show your faces on the forums and actually try to talk to us, all we get are PR statements now and then, it's woeful. Filtering the devs posts to see how often they actually speak to the people testing their game is just shocking tbh. If this were my company I would be getting the feedback everyday.

We all know you are a small team of developers working your ***** off to try and fix this game. We all (well most of us) appreciate that it's very hard work and can be frustrating and annoying. Start talking to us on a regular basis, stop being so elusive and learn to take a bit of critique, we both want the same goal, MWO to succeed, so let's actually work together because at the moment it's more like us and them.

#2 Kanaric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

the only mistake bioware made with swtor was making an incomplete version of WoW

#3 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostMack1, on 19 January 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Everyone knows the last patch was awful, it failed on so many fronts that I would have not dared release it tbh.

Really? I expected a new 'Mech, I got a new 'Mech. Where is the terrible part? Or are you referring to the announcement that the patch would be "big"? Well, sooner or later a lady will tell you that "big" is a relative term.

#4 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

SWTOR was doomed to fail from the beginning. The thing that made WoW worth playing was real world PvP. When they started to step away from that in the expansions is when problems started.

and people don't want to ******* drive trucks. you spend 40 hours of gamepla putting points into your character and stats. but ****, throw all that out of the window, let us give you these drivable devises that throw character advancement out the window.

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Really? I expected a new 'Mech, I got a new 'Mech. Where is the terrible part? Or are you referring to the announcement that the patch would be "big"? Well, sooner or later a lady will tell you that "big" is a relative term.

lol new endscreen was delayed. so yeah, it did fail expectations (not to mention all the meta game issues present from previous patches). even to PGI but they are used to delays

or do people conveniently forget about all the patch delays that have happened over PGI's career. what do they do with all these extra weeks ?

Edited by Tennex, 19 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#5 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

The last two patches combined have actually been terrible for me. My framerate has tanked, and now my audio hisses and pops.

That said, we have seen more feedback from PGI in the past couple days than we have in a few months. Confirmation the ECM is OPed and being looked at, confirmation that 2 guys are working full time on just netcode, and a few other comments.

#6 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

#7 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

The last two patches combined have actually been terrible for me. My framerate has tanked, and now my audio hisses and pops.

That said, we have seen more feedback from PGI in the past couple days than we have in a few months. Confirmation the ECM is OPed and being looked at, confirmation that 2 guys are working full time on just netcode, and a few other comments.

Yeah that is true and let's hope this continues as it's clearly the way forward.

#8 Toong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 427 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

The devs post on the forums almost every day. There is a stickied thread that allows you to track those posts easily.

A dev gets on each No Guts No Galaxy podcast and talks for 20-30 minutes about what's going on at PGI, and then takes a few questions from the audience afterwards. The Mechs, Devs and Beer podcast also features PGI devs.

There is an entire sub forum (The Command Chair) that is a dedicated repository for what they are working on. While it hasn't been updated much recently due to the holidays, it normally gets several updates a week.

Most of the weekly patch notes also contain information about things that are coming soon.

The devs host periodical Q&A sessions where they answer questions posted to them on the forums.

Every time a big issue has come up, they've responded with a stickied thread in general discussion. In most cases the responses have been within one day of the issue.

How exactly are PGI not talking to us?

Edited by Toong, 19 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostTennex, on 19 January 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

lol new endscreen was delayed. so yeah, it did fail expectations (not to mention all the meta game issues present from previous patches). even to PGI but they are used to delays

or do people conveniently forget about all the patch delays that have happened over PGI's career. what do they do with all these extra weeks ?

Those delays happen for a reason. Endscreen was 95% secure, so I can understand when people get high hopes for its implementation, but I cannot understand people getting upset when Murphy's law hit.

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure there will always be people that "suffer" from a patch, in one way or another. But I never see any company releasing a statement like "We had a beautiful patch last friday, though for some people the game is now f'd up."

#10 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

The only mistake Bioware made is to pay attention to the small minority of overly vocal, incessantly whiney, impossible to please forum losers and let it get to them. Quit your damned whining and either give constructive feedback, or just protest your dissatisfaction by not spending money on MC, or just quit all together.

#11 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

They *are* talking to us, daily and even in PM sometime. Some people are just too lazy to look for info.

#12 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

View PostTennex, on 19 January 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

When did you find out about the endscreen? Was it before or after the patch? Was it from that e-mail they sent? Can't really go "cool new patch." and then see the e-mail a couple days later and go "OH MAN. THIS PATCH SUCKS THEY TOTALLY FAILED TO INCLUDE THAT ENDSCREEN THAT I WANTED SO BADLY BUT DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT UNTIL NOW! !#$^%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I mean.. that's just silly.

#13 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure there will always be people that "suffer" from a patch, in one way or another. But I never see any company releasing a statement like "We had a beautiful patch last friday, though for some people the game is now f'd up."

Yeah, that was certainly an uhoh item when I read it in the release notes.

Worst part was the fanboy response... you go into the feedback thread and say "Yeah, my game is running 50% slower", and the apologist posters say "Oh, shut up, it was in the release notes!" like that somehow makes it ok.

#14 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

PGI needs to fix the netcode and ECM immediately!

Why they would release the Spider when it's effected by the two biggest problems in this game is beyond me!

The Raven hitboxes need to be expanded by about 200% too...

PGI.. Pick the ball back up, please.

#15 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostToong, on 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

How exactly are PGI not talking to us?

It was more a matter of what they were talking about... the last month hasn't been their shining hour, ESPECIALLY when it comes to ECM. Again though, communications have improved a great deal, so I am hoping this will be the new norm.

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Why they would release the Spider when it's effected by the two biggest problems in this game is beyond me!

I actually think the Raven should be pulled from the game until fixed. It's as close to an exploitable bug as any ive ever seen in a game. True, it will **** a few people off, but the majority will be happier for it.

#16 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostPaul Inouye, on 17 January 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

It is myself and David B. who do the game balancing. Both of us are not programmers and you DEFINITELY don't want us playing with netcode. I'll let you and the rest of the community in on something. Netcode is our #1 priority on the engineering side of things. The guys working on netcode have touched nothing but netcode. They have nothing to do with game balancing or adding new mechs/maps/items. Their main focus is netcode. i.e. Finding problems, re-writing a LOT of code that is part of the engine and making sure it doesn't break anything back up the chain. This is a VERY long process and not something that is addressed in a few days or weeks for that matter.
http://mwomercs.com/...36#entry1754136

Netcode people have nothing to do with what content is released. Please. For the love of all that is Holy... Please, understand that.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 19 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#17 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Netcode people have nothing to do with what content is released. Please. For the love of all that is Holy... Please, understand that.

But the Raven could have been fixed long ago... and should have.

#18 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Shut up with your redundant dribble. It's getting old. I am aware of what you're saying, but it makes no difference. PGI has made some bad decisions lately and need to be held accountable for them. I have given money to PGI so I have an interest in what's going on. I love this game and want to see it succeed but all PGI seems to be doing is breaking things and ******* their community off.

#19 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

But the Raven could have been fixed long ago... and should have.
Could it have? Probably, but probably not. We don't work at PGI. Should it have? Probably... probably not... There's a few fundamental problems that need to, and are, getting fixed first. I'm sure they're heavily waiting on Netcode. Once netcode is cleaned up they'll be looking at ways to introduce tripping. While this doesn't have anything to do with hitboxes, it has a lot with how the game is played. They can then adjust mech's, weapons, and all those things afterwards.

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Shut up with your redundant dribble. It's getting old. I am aware of what you're saying, but it makes no difference. PGI has made some bad decisions lately and need to be held accountable for them. I have given money to PGI so I have an interest in what's going on. I love this game and want to see it succeed but all PGI seems to be doing is breaking things and ******* their community off.

All of what you said now is pretty redundant. I don't care about what money you gave to PGI. You're fully aware it's beta, and your money is not PGI's responsibility. Bla bla bla bla bla. "I GAVE MONEY TO PGI! I AM ENTITLED NOW!"
There there little one. *pat pat*

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 19 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#20 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Could it have? Probably, but probably not. We don't work at PGI. Should it have? Probably... probably not... There's a few fundamental problems that need to, and are, getting fixed first. I'm sure they're heavily waiting on Netcode. Once netcode is cleaned up they'll be looking at ways to introduce tripping. While this doesn't have anything to do with hitboxes, it has a lot with how the game is played. They can then adjust mech's, weapons, and all those things afterwards.

All of what you said now is pretty redundant. I don't care about what money you gave to PGI. You're fully aware it's beta, and your money is not PGI's responsibility. Bla bla bla bla bla. "I GAVE MONEY TO PGI! I AM ENTITLED NOW!"
There there little one. *pat pat*

Money talks. It's not even a beta.. it's an alpha but since they have decided to take real money, they have to be held to certain standards.

Quit white knighting a crappy dev studio. Your nose is very brown.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users