456 replies to this topic

#121 Toolan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany, Lower Saxony

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

with this answers you got me for the next six months or so, just to play new maps and drop mode and CW....

ok, you got me with introducing a Mechwarrior FTP ;)

#122 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Would love Asian servers... ...ping from all the way down under is pretty bad ;)

Actually quite excited about the answers to the camo questions.. ..really want to splash my mechs with paint!!!

#123 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Garth and Bryan, thanks for your efforts. I think this is probably the greatest Q&A so far because, good or bad news, it answers the questions, and those it can't its very clear about. I like that, and this is the exact sort of communication that the (reasonable) among us enjoy and love. Not everyone can be happy, of course and some people have a personal vendetta against specific game elements, so it will always be top priority for them. To those people I ask to take a break. It isn't that your concerns do not have merit. They all do, but if the devs say it isn't a high priority, then there isn't much that can be done about it. I agree that collusions are a huge deal, and I wish they were a higher priority, but I'm willing to put up with it. If you aren't, I suggest you take a break and come back in a few month.

Regardless, Garth and Bryan, I think there's a lot of people who enjoy this game and the effort you're putting forth. Please don't let the bile get you down (or let you get wary of 1000+ post users! ;) ). You might be an ******* Bryan, but your our *******. :D PGI was the only company with the balls to take up this IP and breathe life into it. Every time there's a new user on the forums talking about how much they love the game, that's a win for you guys. I personally greatly enjoy teaching new players the ins an outs of the game, and to hear the surprise in their voice over the depth of aspects of the game. This game has had growing pains, but I can safely say that the upcoming features and content gets me excited. I may complain about things I don't like (ECM, paint jobs, etc), but rest assured that I play this game almost every night with my corp mates, and we have a blast doing it.

If I have that much fun with myself and 7 other blockheads on TS3 with 4 maps and 2 game modes with bad netcode, no collisions, and various bugs, I imagine the future holds much more, as long as you guys keep working hard to dust this old series off and put a nice polish onto it. I really do miss playing with ya'll on TS3. Those were fun times. I recall one time in which Paul and I stupidly shot, overheated, shut down, powered up, shot, overheated, and continued that idiotic dance for almost 20 seconds against each other. I laughed until my sides were in orbit. Ya'll are always welcome on The Remnant's TS3. Those NGNG guys need to stop hogging the fun. :D

So really, keep up the good work, and keep up the communication like this! It really helps give people something, anything, to go off of. They might not like it, hell, they might complain about that new info instead, but like I said, most reasonable people will be very happy that we got this kind of information. We just want to know what's going on.

Keep on truckin'.

#124 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Very good Q&A. Feedback is above average in my opinion and I appreciate that good things take time to build.

I'm excited to hear about more maps, but the slow progression towards netcode fixes and collisions really do make me feel that PGI is on-point. Just because it takes longer isn't a surprise to me, but for others who don't have to work on bug fixes before, it's easy to complain and demand more.

Keep it rolling guys! More bug fixes!

-S

#125 Blair

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Bryan, you are a scholar and a gentleman. I just bought 3,000 MC in appreciation for this great, candid response to our questions. Thank you, and the entire PGI team, for bringing this game to where it is today. I can't wait for where it's going.

#126 Nemesiz416

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Terra

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostTrucker, on 22 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Funny....

North Americans say 'Bi-Weekly' and Brits say 'Fortnight'....what a world we live in...

We haven't used Fortnight since we broke away from the crown. Or as the British call it, the "American Rebellion" ;P

#127 Wun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Thanks for all the info.

Its a shame that feedback is generally more whine that constructive criticism.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Indirect Fire Units
A: We have plans to introduce Artillery and Air Strikes into MWO this year. These will be consumable items players can equip to a module slot, and used during matchplay. Details will be forthcoming when we get close to releasing them.

Q: Is PGI looking into alternative or creative ways to spend the excess Mech XP earned from piloting Mastered Mechs? (other than using MC to convert it to GXP)
A: No plans.

When I saw those two questions, am I the only person whom sees one as the solution to the other? Let us "refill" our consumable air-strike/artillery modules with that excess elite XP.

Edited by Wun, 22 January 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#128 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Best Ask The Devs so far. Surprised at some of the answers (The priority of collisions for example), but happy with the level of information covered. 'Yes' / 'No' / 'Maybe' / 'We're working on it' better than no answers at all.

#129 glycerin

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX, USA

Thanks so much for all this news and the QnA. I just wish there was something I could do to accelerate the timeline to be closer to a finished state.

In other words, Are we there yet?

PS- wasn't there a Cicada parked around here a few minutes ago? Nevermind, Garth left.

#130 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I am glad to hear our stats will be reset when the achievements are added and that the achievements will not just be "oh you got that one" and will also come with rewards for the achievements.

#131 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

No plans for jump jets? Why? They are totally useless on anything but the spider. More like generate-dust jets. Few people use them anymore. This is, as is, a broken mechanic.

Oh and could i keep my stats please, if i couldn't care less about "achievements"? Rethorical question... ;)

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#132 Koningswulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Superb and fantastic news! it is exactly what I asked for and I am really looking forward to this!
Well done and thanks for listening to us in the community!!!

#133 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

"Q: BattleGrid - Well, do you have any plans for it? To change display or add more command features ( being able to send air support and stuff like that).
A: Yes! Lots left to implement here: Commander Controls, Lance Controls, Drone, Artillery, and Air Strikes functionality."

Though, how many of these functions should/will be attributed to the BattleGrid, and how many should/will be used to flesh out the Command Console? ;)

#134 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the answers Garth. I understand you guys can't tack down firm dates or exact info on some of the stuff that's further out in-work, but I appreciate the updates anyway. That whole 4-week backoff on releases and changes can be tough to deal with sometimes, too - har to discern if things aren't being paid attention to, or if they've already been addressed and are in internal testing (ECM being an example). I look forward to hearing more about the CW and Planetary Conquest modes!

#135 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

And geeze, if negative forum posting discourages you you guys need way thicker skin, for game forums, fiew people will bother to take the time to post if they're happy with the game, I mean, if you're happy, you're gonna be busy playing the game instead of posting on the forums, people only get worked up enough to post if they're unhappy, that's just how game forums \work.

Well that and us elite hacker trolls just want to see the forums burn, but mostly it's guys who are unhappy about things who take the time to say so.

You're never going to make official forums into a "positive" place, ever, just man up and deal with it.

Unless you start charging 10 dollars for entry or something stupid like that.

Edited by QuantumButler, 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#136 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postglycerin, on 22 January 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

PS- wasn't there a Cicada parked around here a few minutes ago? Nevermind, Garth left.

Nobody expects the Cicada Inquisition!

No plans for jump jets? WTF? They are totally useless on anything but the crappy spider. More like generate-dust jets.

No plans for changes to the system itself, yes for tweaks and tuning. I think he thought the question was about making double jumps, or a different STYLE of jumping.

#137 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Only thing I'm questioning is "consumable" airstrikes and artillery strikes? Do you mean as in "once per match" or "you have to buy a new one each match". Might want to head that statement off before people go P2W crazy over it...

#138 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

The best answer here was that server for EU ;)

#139 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Only thing I'm questioning is "consumable" airstrikes and artillery strikes? Do you mean as in "once per match" or "you have to buy a new one each match". Might want to head that statement off before people go P2W crazy over it...

1x airstrike 5000MC only GRAB DEAL

Edited by QuantumButler, 22 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#140 Trucker

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

No plans for changes to the system itself, yes for tweaks and tuning. I think he thought the question was about making double jumps, or a different STYLE of jumping.

Can I have some rocket skates for my mech?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users