what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#21 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

View PostHenchman 24, on 26 May 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Oh please, there's no impunity there. Yeah, they can be annoying in the hands of a good pilot. No, they aren't OP, and yes, you will need some support to keep them at bay.

This is all part of a combined arms game. Luckily, MWO is a little simpler, and should be easier to deal with in that regard.
Funny how you mention the hill camp(which so far is in EVERY mech game, just abused in MW4), yet complain about the air units that discourage such behavior.

I bet you think BattleArmor is OP too huh?

I didn't say they were OP, I said they were annoying. There are counters to aerospace units, but if i'm already in the field with a mech suited for mech-to-mech fighting, not AA, then i'm boned when moderate or better aircraft pilots show up and hang out in a cone of safety above my mech. Good BAs are also annoying.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 26 May 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#22 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

View PostLeanansidhe, on 26 May 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

Suicide scouting, another WoT thing that ticks me off because its so braindead but works there.

EDIT: Maps that funel you to a few key locations.. hate those

Don't think suicide scout is as much viable here, since long range weapons like lrm have 650m range

#23 SmackZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 303 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

What do I not want to see in MWO?,,,,any signs of "GOOGLE"

#24 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

Mean people...............take that back. Loud immature people. I'm constantly annoyed by kids in WoT complaining that X tank penetrated their uber turret. Yep, **** happens, here's a brick so you can build a bridge and get over it.

#25 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

More of these threads.

Oh and everyone running the same 'mech.

#26 Reking Havoc

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

I want to see alot of variation. For examle, in worlf of tanks, once a tank has its best modules unlocked everyone is the same. Im excited for the possiblities with mechs. From all the research Ive done (and others at work, its a big deal to us, we probably spent 10 hours talking about mechwarrior this week alone) it looks like we will have ALOT of choices that will taylor a chassis to our play style or to adapt to a strategy.

I like game that make me think.

#27 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

I don't want to see people turning down the game just because it's different (as with EVE), or because their opinion>opinion of others (Hawken). ;)

But I'm sure we're (as a community), more than able to prevent this happen. :)

#28 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

I don't want to see hill-humping and jump-sniping as in MW4. Apart from this and the usual (no cheaters, trolls etc.) I'm pretty open for everything. ;)

#29 Eternal Pink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Lag - ruined enough games in its time so lets hope the dev's have thought about how they are going to provide decent latency.

#30 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing a bit of pop tarting and hill humping, its a perfectly viable tactic. Choke points are fine as well, they give a map a heated center and make players think to succeed.

What I'd rather not see has been stated several times, one or two variants or loadouts becoming overwhelmingly popular. I personally like to go for very unorthodox loadouts, just to catch people off guard.

#31 eRkkituo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 26 May 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

I didn't say they were OP, I said they were annoying. There are counters to aerospace units, but if i'm already in the field with a mech suited for mech-to-mech fighting, not AA, then i'm boned when moderate or better aircraft pilots show up and hang out in a cone of safety above my mech. Good BAs are also annoying.

It's a multiplayer game. Teammates have to support each other with assets/loadouts that complement each other. Deal with it.

#32 PinTBC

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationI'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

As long as they don't implement the paytoplay golden ammo, I think I can work with most of the rest. Covering some of the money making things here...

Wouldn't mind having to pay a registration fee for a Company
Wouldn't mind seeing some varients as pay to play as long as they are not completely unbalanced
Wouldn't mind paying for more mech slots in a garage
Wouldn't mind having to pay to reset an extra Inner sphere tree (That assumes that Steiners will progress through Steiner mechs etc.. I'd love a way for mercs to associate with a house and progress their learning through that houses mechs, and then have to align with say Liao to learn a Catpharact)
Would hate to see the game forget the planet capture aspects and simply move to a solaris style that killed the original MPBTech

Many of the other things mentioned here are caught up in the things that I'm sure the developers also do not want.

#33 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

I never want to see the one-off Black Knight mech (if ever) that was the personal ride of that Merc Captain in the MW4:Black Knight expansion

#34 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

I don't want LASERs and PPC beam following me like they are heat seekers. I see enough of the with arty in WoT.

Edited by Haroldwolf, 26 May 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#35 Pook600

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Goonswarm...

#36 Fomorian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 267 posts
  • LocationAshburn Virginia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hyper torso twist when taking damage like in MW4 or the Assaults with jump jets alpha striking from spawn :P

#37 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Two words: Coolant Flush. That is all.

#38 Doolie

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationComstar Substation Wisconsin

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

My biggest fear is the battlefield full of the exact same mech, with the exact same load outs, on the exact same maps, over and over.

Really hoping for something other than team deathmatch in the future. Missions that require balance and tactical savvy.

I'm still hopeful.

-D

#39 Jonneh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostThomas Hogarth, on 26 May 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

I don't want to see an experience that is so far removed from canon that it breaks immersion. When rare 'Mechs are used more frequently than common 'Mechs, it breaks immersion for me. When every-freakin-body is in a custom 'Mech that bears little to no resemblance to the original chassis, it breaks immersion for me. When 20 out of 24 'Mechs in the match have Lostech, and the year is 3049, it breaks immersion for me.

I lol'd

and pray tell why your immersion is more important than anyone elses gameplay? ;p

Sorry to be the one to point it out, but this isn't a table top gaming experience. Its an online PVP game. We're not all here to provide an immersive experience for you. All mechs will be available to all players, and the customization will be as described.

#40 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

As a general comment...
Until we get our hands on MWO we really don't know what the gameplay will be like. If the game isn't designed to require a proper mix o' mechs to win then it will turn that one or two loadouts based on assualt mechs with Gauss Rifles and PPCs will be the standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users