what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#41 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Combined arms. 'nuff said.

Oh yeah and knife only fights.

#42 UnLimiTeD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'd like projectile Inheritance; That'd mean, if you jumpsnipe, and your weapons are not instant or homing, your projectiles will inherit your jump velocity, so you have to lead your target even if it's standing perfectly still.
Or time it so you fire on the apex of your jump.

That aside, I obviously could go well without OP tactics and configs; I love finding the best config for my style, to then play with it and maybe get an advantage, I'm good at that stuff. But as soon as it's the best config in general, it gets boring. And cheap.

#43 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Personally dont want to see the same map, or maps that prefer a certain kind of combat (close range or snipers)- would enjoy mixed balanced maps that offer all rolls the chance to do there job.

Dont really want the mech lab to be abused to a extent where every one is running the same loadout that X person posted on a thread (Relating to chrome hounds here for those who played it). Do want to see the mech lab bring diversity (which it will) to the battle field. Dont want it to be when the clans come out to create such a massive diffrence between the weapons/mechs to where it makes the game unfun (madcats soloing several people, i know cannon wise clan stuff was WAY better but come on, some things dont need to be that close).

Really dont want the dev - customer (player) relationship to be crippled and or strained by little to no communication (WoT is a good example here, Russian devs dont really like to communicate with the NA server group and the NA server stuff dont really seem to know whats what half the time either).

And another tid bit from WoT- please do NOT make it where a certain region has diffrent items or is a head of the other regions (WoTs Russian servers get there updates much earlier then the NA ones, and the china server for them has many tanks that are not seen in the NA server or the Russian server for that matter, i know china is a big market but come on, dont make em feel special bout it.).

Dont want to see a certain chassis gain a large dominance on the battle field either (Every one rockin hunchbacks or atlases would really make game play dull..).

And damn another from WoT - when you give us info please give it to us in a way we can understand it (Have you see the WoT MM teir chart, most of the time its a shotty translation and even they dont talk to the NA server group bout lots of whats on there. And there is even a T11 chart but it goes up to T10 really confused me personally..).

-Dont really want to see the game kick new players out into the fray with out giving them some kind of instruction on some of the many game mechanics first and how the weapons work (Setting up a wiki or posting videos in the in game client or just posting a link to the website [maybe do a how to page] to give them instruction on some of that stuff, or do a training room. try to give new players a chance to be on the same playin field ya know? a big thing when i tried to show friends MW games is they couldnt understand how every thing worked and what everything ment)

-Please devs if you read this, talk to the people who have stuff in commen with you guys in terms of MW. I am mainly talking about MWLL because right now im pretty sure it is the closest thing to MWO right now a side from the old school games. Hell maybe if you guys sat down and talked bout stuff you guys could share some of it with us :P

I think thats it really for what i have to say..

So far this is what i could come up with. Couldnt do many MWLL related points cause i havent tried out the beta to make a relation between the two..

#44 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

To many things I don't want. I can't pick just one. Coolant Flushing, weapon recycle rates overwhelming heat sinks to make neutral heat impossible, double armor and internal structure, pin point accuracy, lack of damage transfer, mech's walking around with two destroyed legs, etc etc.

#45 BuSH

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

This thread epitomizes what I don't like about the game already.

LOL @ the cry babies in this thread complaining about sniping etc. You were more than likely a horrendous player and/or you couldn't adjust your tactics.

#46 Juiced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Everyone ends up playing assault mechs like all the other MW games.

I hope that roles work. I hope that mechs of various tonnages are viable and people will play them instead of getting into the most heavily armored/armed mech you can get (the 100ts)

#47 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

• Hill humping and jump sniping without a serious accuracy penalty.
  • Players using "nonsensical" configs, like the 7 ERLL Nova Cat in MW4 that would knock down anything in 1 hit, and shut down. Or the ridiculous 8 Minigauss Annihilator. Pretty much any "overly excessive boating" config. It breaks the immersion for me.
  • Firefights that last 5 seconds. I want mechs dodging, weaving, taking potshots, brawling, ramming. I don't want 1-shot-ur-dead. Weapons reload faster and are more accurate then TT, so I support double armor.
  • Everyone joining the Clans for cool stuff and for no other reason. The IS had more troops, it should be that way in-game.
  • Everybody using a Lostech mech like AWS-9M, and being able to establish a net gain from it unless they absolutely dominate the field.

#48 Oversight99

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostCruxshadow, on 26 May 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

What one thing do you not want to see in MWO? Be specific, you can't just put something like "Clan Mechs" pick that one thing that you absolutely hate and don't want to see it ever in MWO.

No MFB. No repairs in the field.

#49 DecisivePickle

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

An inability to mute/block aggravating teammates

#50 KT Grim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Servers shutting down.

#51 Reitar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostThomas Hogarth, on 26 May 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

I don't want to see an experience that is so far removed from canon that it breaks immersion. When rare 'Mechs are used more frequently than common 'Mechs, it breaks immersion for me. When every-freakin-body is in a custom 'Mech that bears little to no resemblance to the original chassis, it breaks immersion for me. When 20 out of 24 'Mechs in the match have Lostech, and the year is 3049, it breaks immersion for me.

To bad that immersion in a video game that is as fake as a pair of implants on a **** star...how can you be immersed in something that is not real? If someone wants to pilot a mech, and there are 6 other guys pilot that same thing, that is their immersion for their enjoyment. You cannot control that.

View PostHaroldwolf, on 26 May 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

I don't want LASERs and PPC beam following me like they are heat seekers. I see enough of the with arty in WoT.

Fun fact, artillery is accurate as a drunk trying to take a ****. Its not accurate at all, it uses the howitzer to kill a fly method. Higher tier guns, have massive splash radius up to 10 meters on some shells. They don't miss, you just got collateral damage. The lower tier...pfft they miss 9/10 times unless you stopped for at least 6 seconds.

View PostQuentin Yatoki, on 26 May 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Definately no Gold ammo. The moment this game becomes pay to win, it will alienate the fanbase. I also agree about the Aerospace units.

Gold ammo wouldn't of been a problem in WoT, it would of at least given lower tier tanks some way to pierce the frontal armor armor in really stupid matches...the kind where your sub standard gun will bounce but the other guy has free standard ammo that just goes right through you. But the prices are absurbly stupid to the point you can fire .25 cent quarters that will still miss and bounce.

Only thing I want to see in MWO is fair competition, none of that WoT crap where you are just out classed by other higher tier tanks. People should of been given the choice to challenge themselves by facing a tougher opponent with a handicap, they should not be forced into a match as fodder where the top tier tank is just counting the number of easy opponents they can kill as their high penn weapon will just go right through the weak *** tank, I don't want to select a light mech and end up facing assault mechs all day, I want to play against things that are in the same weight class and when I feel like it I will try to take on tougher mechs.

Edited by Ghost, 30 May 2012 - 05:57 PM.
Thank you for your... colorful metaphors.

#52 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

< S > ME

thats what i want in MWO :)

Firestorm =RMA= OMD *M*

#53 Cappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

this will probably make me unpopular... but.. Battle armor or anything similar.

Matches that don't have a mix of all weight classes. And Light/medium 'mechs should be more numerous.

#54 RabbitHRF

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

I don't want to hear dumb *** teens bragging or crying about any aspect of how they did ingame!
Need a mute button to shut the little peckers up!

#55 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostVininator, on 26 May 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

"One loadout to rule them all" situations where one particular loadout on one particular mech can dominate almost every other mech in the game.

amen

#56 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

The Tukayyid Truce. B-)

#57 illyrian

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

Having to pay for a premium account to lvl vehicles. Grinding and paying should be almost equal with maybe a few perks to the paying customer. Unlike a certain game that awards a death and loss with a two digit exp gain :) just becuase im not paying them.

#58 MaximumRisk98

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

I don´t want to see a button to buy money

thats Bullshit

#59 Tieya

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAt the center of the earth..

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hackers enough said :3

i like the coolant system in MW4 so i don't see a problem with it ^^

#60 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostJonneh, on 26 May 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

I lol'd

and pray tell why your immersion is more important than anyone elses gameplay? ;p

Sorry to be the one to point it out, but this isn't some basement table top gaming experience. Its an online PVP game. We're not all here to provide an immersive experience for you. All mechs will be available to all players, and the customization will be as described.

I don't think I like you...
One can't play a mechwarrior game without some form of canonicity. Sure one can expect to see some changes that keep a player on the toes but like Thomas said in a nutshell. Reality in a game counts.
Maybe a great way to combat this would be a percentage of mechs are available when the game comes out but when that percentage is fulled those mechs cost more.
Like say there are 100 people, well for instance have 25 dragons for people to claim. Once they are all taken the price goes up. When people sell the mechs the price goes down. Yes for capitalism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users