what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#81 DDM PLAGUE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 151 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I dont want to see everything nerfed, so you dont require tactics, skill & team play to win the day,
I dont want to see another Mech game that does not include elementals, airunits & ground armor.
I dont want to see a system where your mech is automatically repaired to pre battle condition after a fight, Thats what salvage & c-bills are for.
I dont want to see tactics like Legging & sniping removed from the game if your going to take all the armor out of your legs you are going to die.( they are valid combat tactics) particularly for light mechs taking on heavies.

#82 Iron Sid

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Aloha Everyone,

There have been a lot of comments about things they don't want and some about things they'd like to see. There have also been some comparisons with the game of WoT (that I also play) that I feel is more of an Apple-v-Oranges issue that should be brought up to put it to bed. In WoT tank rounds bounce. A LOT. Energy weapons don't. EVER. And (please correct me if I'm wrong) all of the weapons in MW will deliver damage if they connect. There is a reason to go for the bigger tank in WoT and with enough of a size difference the smaller tank is next to useless. You will never have that in MW. The laser on a 20T mech will always damage the 100T mech. You then use your skill in that 20T mech to try and stay out of the other guys weapons arc. In MW there will always be a reason for a coordinated team to make a selection that includes mechs from the whole weight range. This is where a persons preferred playing style and skill count. There is a reason to have a scout. There is a reason to have a brawler. There is a reason to have a sniper. (even a jumpy one) Teams that communicate and cooperate to combine their fire to greatest effect will stand the greatest chance of coming out on the winning side.

Edited by Iron Sid, 26 May 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#83 Arioch

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Elves

No Elves in MWO!

All Elves must die!

There I did that to make Mopar feel better :)

#84 Iron Sid

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

LOL!

I agree Arioch

#85 Knusern

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yellow PENDING signs :)

#86 foxmcloud

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

I dont want to see unbalanced weapons on mechs.

#87 TheVirus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostBuSH, on 26 May 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

This thread epitomizes what I don't like about the game already.

LOL @ the cry babies in this thread complaining about sniping etc. You were more than likely a horrendous player and/or you couldn't adjust your tactics.

Couldn't agree more. You can see how much of a whine fest this is going to be when these guys start losing as bad as they did in MW4.

Edited by TheVirus, 26 May 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#88 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Cats.

#89 black oak

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostStar Captain, on 26 May 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

The complainers. If they let me use certain weapons and I kick you around with them, don't cuss me out. Every weapon has its faults, find mine and kill me.

Sure, and in online games, some weapons aren't imbalanced to start with? Min/Max'ers *find* those builds - then wonder why they end up getting hit with the nerf bat...

View PostTheVirus, on 26 May 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more. You can see how much of a whine fest this is going to be when these guys start losing as bad as they did in MW4.

You two remind me of all the "pro" arty players in Closed and Open Beta in WoT's... When an Arty could rack up 10-12 kills/game (out of 15...) Yeah, *that* didn't need changing... :)

Edited by black oak, 26 May 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#90 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

I don't want to see this game become a pay2win crapfest, a la APB.

#91 Kraekvark

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

gold ammonitions whit real money cost

View PostXavierX, on 26 May 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

This. Any variation of Pay-2-Win ammo, modules, mechs or weapons will sour the community and ultimately ruin the potential of the game to reach a wider audience. I can't stand WoT. It puts me, as a tier 4 medium, in a game against tier 7 and 8 behemoths that you can't even penetrate unless you buy the gold ammo. Ridiculous.

Edited by Kraekvark, 26 May 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#92 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

"HEY YOO Mechwarrah, U buy Much Cbiils for only ten dollah! visit www.wegotyrcbills.com"

#93 Pusspuss

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I don't want to see assault mechs everywhere. No more picking the best assault mech and loading it with the best weapons to one shot people. I want to see more useful light mechs and mediums one the battlefield. So far it seams like MWO has done that though so I'm not to worried. But that's the only thing on the top of my head that I don't what to see.

#94 TheVirus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

View Postblack oak, on 26 May 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

You two remind me of all the "pro" arty players in Closed and Open Beta in WoT's... When an Arty could rack up 10-12 kills/game (out of 15...) Yeah, *that* didn't need changing... ;)

The point Bush made, you're an awful player that want's the game changed so you don't get repeatedly owned (not you in particular, guys that complain about sniping, pop sniping etc).

Edited by TheVirus, 26 May 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#95 Jonneh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostSkye Storm, on 26 May 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

I don't think I like you...
One can't play a mechwarrior game without some form of canonicity. Sure one can expect to see some changes that keep a player on the toes but like Thomas said in a nutshell. Reality in a game counts.
Maybe a great way to combat this would be a percentage of mechs are available when the game comes out but when that percentage is fulled those mechs cost more.
Like say there are 100 people, well for instance have 25 dragons for people to claim. Once they are all taken the price goes up. When people sell the mechs the price goes down. Yes for capitalism

That is so stupid I can't even begin to respond to it with enough sarcasm.

So you want mechs to go to the 25% of people who buy them first, basically ;p

Also, talking about "reality" in a game where you are sat in a computer chair controlling a lazer toting mech from 1000 years in the future betrays a slightly unhinged state of mind.

The 'reality' of the situation is, you cannot restrict who can play what or who can buy what in a game like this. What you can do is give people reasons to play lighter or "more common" mechs because they have a role which is useful in gameplay.

Saying "OMG THAT BREAKS MY IMMERSION" is almost the fastest way I can imagine to get your *** flamed off.

#96 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Paul.

#97 Adeptis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostTheVirus, on 26 May 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

If the player getting that many kills done so using skill and not hacks then no, nothing needed changing, why would it?

That's the point Bush made, you're an awful player that want's the game changed so you don't get repeatedly owned (not you in particular, guys that complain about sniping, pop sniping etc).

Wow, you're assuming a lot, here.

Let's make a comparison: Suppose there were a board game in which there were four different types of pieces, which could move or attack differently. Faster movers were softer hitters, and vice versa. Now, let's assume, due to some funky wording in the rulebook, one of the 'classes' was suddenly hitting for tons and moving very fast. We have a problem: The LETTER of the law says this is how the game should be played, but the SPIRIT of the law, the designers' intent, states the opposite.

The reason players are asking for jump-sniping not to be a viable tactic in the game is because the players want what PGI wants: for role warfare to matter. Your Raven scout isn't gonna matter for **** if he gets cored within seconds by a guy not even he can touch.

#98 PartyTime

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

pay 2 win, it destroys communities. When theres something you must have to be competitive but it costs real money then you're potentially alienating good players who cannot spend every dime and nickel you have deemed "being competitive" requires, th competitive community stagnates, and the good players leave and then all you're left with is people with big pockets and big egos that sound like a broken record "if you cant afford it too bad get out" and that in itself is bad for business. As long as there is no store only super equipment you can buy in the store to invalidate the time and effort people spend I'll probably be fine with it

Edited by PartyTime, 26 May 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#99 Gogozombie

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Me, not in the closed beta. :-)

#100 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:31 PM