what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#321 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think what I'd like to go without ever seeing is things like the MRM-7billion. Some of those later weapons just got too weird and broken IMO. I mean, there's missile systems in later years that fire whatever type of missile works for said situation at the drop of a hat! LRMs, SRMs, Infernos, etc, all from the same missile rack. And ultra-light, heavy, snub-nosed, long-barreled PPCs. Seems kind of like slicing your orange 15 different ways. If you don't want your orange with the slices nature put in it, why not just eat a different fruit? In this case an ER/Pulse/etc. large laser that was already made would suffice.

#322 TwoFaced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

1 shot 1 kill lazzzzerboats!

#323 Rabid Monkey

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

PPC's firing out of missile launchers, a la MWI, MWII, and MWIII. MWIV got around it with the hardpoint system, and LL just gave you default mech loadouts. I thought I saw a video or a screenshot of a Catapult sporting obvious PPC launchers where it's missiles used to be...

#324 iHover

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBerne NY

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

1 shot kills
player bashing ,drives people off

#325 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 27 May 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

i think matches could in theory work like BF3, where once your in a server with a given team, you stay with them until either they all leave <en mass or 1 by one> or you leave. would speed up map rotations and what not.

TF2 does a brilliant job of end-of-round team mix-ups. I hardly ever play with the same team more than once after a round finishes (unless team shuffle is turned off). And the time between rounds is what, all of 20-30 seconds? Map changes are slightly longer, but when given ~5 rounds per map...

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 28 May 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

My name is actually a straight rip off of a canon name, too, but no one ever notices or cares. =P

William and Peterson are common enough names (even when put together, in that order), hence no one caring. I'm sure there's some guy out there right now who's pretty damn pissed that you're impersonating him, though.

Edited by Volthorne, 28 May 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#326 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

actually tincan, though, i doubt you will believe me, nor do I really care if you do, but, i actually rarely use the CF function. I have said it before, so, I will say it again, I seek this ability not for us veterans who have read the novels, played the games, watched the cartoon, but for those gamers who do not know what it is like to play games the real way, the way they are meant to be played. with out easy buttons or mods or hacks or cheats or a real setting of 'easy mode'. gamers who do not have the patience to learn the way we did. I think of those who have not yet even HEARD of battletech, yes they exist, and YES they will migrate here when we start telling friends, family and start tweeting and blogging about it. they will come, then, with out a way to dull what is starting to look like a very very sharp learning curve, they will over heat, shut down, get killed OR find shut down over ride and self detonate again and again and again. I think of those players, not myself, but why believe me?

#327 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostRabid Monkey, on 28 May 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

PPC's firing out of missile launchers, a la MWI, MWII, and MWIII. MWIV got around it with the hardpoint system, and LL just gave you default mech loadouts. I thought I saw a video or a screenshot of a Catapult sporting obvious PPC launchers where it's missiles used to be...

You did see a Catapult firing PPCs, its a stock variant that replaces the LRM hard points with energy hard points.

#328 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Urbanmech (THATS RIGHT I SAID IT!!!)

#329 Blastcaps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

one word...

BOTS

Bots ruin the game for the majority of the players due to the actions of a minority (if anyone's seen a wow BG lately they'll know exactly what I mean) So I'd def like to see fast response in dealing with reports of bots (unfort it's going to happen regardless as there are always going to be players to f***ing lazy to do things themselfs) so having a report bot feature besides a report spam feature would be good, one thing the devs might want to work out is finding a way for the different matches to be recorded with as little "extrenious data" as possible so that if someone keeps getting reported as bots they can run the matches as replays which shows them exactly what each player did during each match just by loading a smallish file that then allows them to follow pertic mechs/players etc watching what they do? the data could also then be downloaded by other players to watch replays with the client side PC rendering etc.

MW3&4 hardpoint system, after mechwarrior 1 & 2 what MS did with 3&4 seriously p***ed me and a lot of other players off, being able to customise the mechs even down to weapon layouts is something people like having the flexability on, if i want to mount a few medium or small lasers in my mechs legs I want to actualy be able to do so ;)

#330 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

I do not want people that are dead chatting with live players in the same match. Beyond the match-maker and gold ammo (both of wich I highly doubt will be issues in MWO) the thing that bothers me the most in WOT is the pests who decide that they want revenge on the team that they believe is the reason they died. These strazags report friendly positions to the enemy team (at the risk of being reported) and very often simply spam the chat with "fail team" over and over again. This is often disregardless of if their team is winning or losing, and when their team is losing they are often one of the reasons why (who would have guessed that charging the enemies defensive position one at a time would lead to your demise). WOT did add the option to block someone while you are fighting but to do so you have to stop playing for a moment, which is often difficult to do while trying to fix the mess they caused.

Beyond that, I would hate to see the game devolve into swarms of assault mechs like previous games often have. MW4 was bad enough that on the few occassions I played multiplayer I had to make sure a weight or cost cap was in place or every body else would play with a laser/PPC boat assault mech. So far it does seem that the developers are working to keep other weight classes just as popular, which would allieviate this problem.

#331 Grumblebelly

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I never want to see auto-aim/tracking.

#332 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostFabe, on 28 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Why do some people think that melee in Battletech is some over the top style "kung fu" action? A battlemech kick is not a Chuck Norris round house to the head,its more like a 10 year old girl kicking someone in the shins.

I for one would welcome melee if they can pull it off right,but I can't see it being implemented any time soon since I think the situation where we'll be close enough to engage in melee will be very rare to the point that the time spent adding it could be used to add more worth while content.

Just to clarify, I'm not against melee - as long as essentially follows the TT rules: I can't punch you with the same arm that's shooting you, if I miss a kick I have a chance to fall, and the damage is consistent with the TT game. Risk reward.

I was referring to pop-tarting and legging - two features of the Microsoft MechWarrior series that aren't found in CBT/MW canon.

I was siding with previous posters regarding immersion and against people who simply want MechWarrior to be another random action-oriented robot/mecha shooter game.

As a side note, I loved Shogo in the day, but it's certainly not MechWarrior. ;)

EDIT: I will also agree with the people who don't want to see boating, or any design that purposely shuts your 'Mech down due to heat: (1) No MechWarrior would ever pilot such a 'Mech, (2) Add pilot damage, healing, and consciousness to the equation and I doubt many players would want designs like that either.

Edited by Max Liao, 28 May 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#333 Tincan Nightmare

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 28 May 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

actually tincan, though, i doubt you will believe me, nor do I really care if you do, but, i actually rarely use the CF function. I have said it before, so, I will say it again, I seek this ability not for us veterans who have read the novels, played the games, watched the cartoon, but for those gamers who do not know what it is like to play games the real way, the way they are meant to be played. with out easy buttons or mods or hacks or cheats or a real setting of 'easy mode'. gamers who do not have the patience to learn the way we did. I think of those who have not yet even HEARD of battletech, yes they exist, and YES they will migrate here when we start telling friends, family and start tweeting and blogging about it. they will come, then, with out a way to dull what is starting to look like a very very sharp learning curve, they will over heat, shut down, get killed OR find shut down over ride and self detonate again and again and again. I think of those players, not myself, but why believe me?

So every single new player that is going to migrate to MWO is going to be a user of hacks, mods, and cheats? And you want to give them a built in cheat to negate the heat that energy weapons generate? And if someone is that dimwitted to die over and over and over because they can't figure out A) weapons generate heat, energy more than ballistic B ) heat sinks remove heat from your mech and C) if you don't install enough heat sinks to balance your weaponry your mech will shutdown or have an ammo explosion, then they are too stupid to be playing. It is not a hard concept, as evidenced in MW2 where coolant flush didn't exist and installation of sinks had to balance weapons installed. Hopefully the game will have a tutorial that explains the situation to new players, and the mechlab already shows a heat scale to stop someone from going overboard on lasers and PPC's. Not to mention most new players in a online experience would just ask whats happening, and from personel experience, be answered by someone in the community (if not several.) Considering that you would have to be a veteran of MW3 or MW4 to even know that coolant flush even existed, its lack in this game will not be noticed by new players. I guess I just hold a higher opinion of the gaming community in general than you do.

Oh and I don't believe you, I think you just want to heavy alpha strike energy weapons, flush coolant, then rinse and repeat. I really don't think new players are in your consideration about this factor.

Edited by Tincan Nightmare, 29 May 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#334 Troma Lorane

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

real cash only mechs i think every mech in the game should be able to be bought with c-bills.

#335 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Editable skin and skincache, couse the last thing u should see is a atlas with trollface!

#336 Cruxshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostViper FW, on 28 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Clan Mechs, and Clans. also no pay to win crap like in other games. you should have to earn your mechs not buy them

View PostSmellyshoes, on 28 May 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

oops! read that wrong.

Clan mechs

*Twwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt* Flag on the post!!!!!!

You didn't read the rules of the topic did you. You had to be specific and you could post the Clans or Clan Mechs.

5 yard penelty and forfeiture of BETA...

Edited by Cruxshadow, 29 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#337 Natedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

I always imagined that the Devs would have some sort of "starter quests" that not only helped a person become acquainted with their mech but possibly helped buy their first mech (I.E. you do some with a borrowed mech from a merc group or house and after the quests you have enough to buy your own). World of Warcraft has something similar to this idea and it works well, IMO.

#338 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

NHUA - Learn to play the game how it's meant to be. Otherwise there are plenty of kiddie's arcade games out there, to cater for this.

#339 Bob Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBlois / France

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

enemy who dont take damage

<<S>>
Bob Fire

#340 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 May 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

<sigh> all this hate for a really viable mechanism, something i should ALSO point out, despite the risks, is IN TABLE TOP. Ever hear of the coolant Pods? so, yes, some form of coolant flush should be included in game, if they stick close to: Lore, Canon, TT. a cop out is not coolant flush. fact. I know this does not translate very well into mech warrior online, but, i would point everyone at NASA for a moment. IF you have ever seen a launch of ANYTHING at NASA either from public viewing area's or on NASA TV or any major news broad cast when the SHUTTLE was launched, I direct your attention to a key thing. They FLOODED the blast areas and still DO with water. what is this if not a gigantic COOLANT flush to keep the pad from burning up as millions of pounds of thrust slam into the launch pad. While, yes, there are some issues with coolant flushing IF YOU APPLY PHYSICS as we know them TODAY, but, then again, if you use todays physics, guess what, those fusion reactors, they are simply NOT possible. Get off the 2012 physics bandwagon and just turn on suspension of disbelief and enjoy the coolant flush. heck, if your opposed to it, dont use it. or dont buy the pods. but as the saying goes: better to have the MMHMM and not need it, than to NOT have the MMHMM and NEED it.

dude it is not about whether it is realistic or whatever that NASA does. It is that having coolant flush is a huge tactical advantage.

Scenario:

Spams energy weapons, mech overheating, shutting down. Flush coolant, annoying warning goes away, spams energy weapons some more.

If you really want coolant flush, i suggest limit it to single use or at most twice, only to be used in a do or die moment.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users