what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#861 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostRhyus, on 09 July 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

The one thing I don't want to see is people using real money to buy every mech and every weapon in the game. I don't want people that have all this extra money lying around being dumped into the game so they can stomp on those that can only get mechs the old fashioned way, by playing the game and earning the C-bills to purchase that mech they want and to get extra weapons so they can customize it the way they want it laid out.

well first off, you cannot buy tactical advantage in MWO. Secondly, just being able to BUY the mech with your credit card for example, does not make you instantly wonderful with it. I still fear a person who has devoted his or her time to a role, that has intimate knowledge of how that role, or in MWO's case Mechs, over the person who thinks if they toss enough $$ at something, it = win. Expediency in any situation fails to make you superior over the time tested practice of old fashioned grinding.

#862 The Limper

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostRhyus, on 09 July 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

The one thing I don't want to see is people using real money to buy every mech and every weapon in the game. I don't want people that have all this extra money lying around being dumped into the game so they can stomp on those that can only get mechs the old fashioned way, by playing the game and earning the C-bills to purchase that mech they want and to get extra weapons so they can customize it the way they want it laid out.

I don't really see any problem with people spending real money to unlock all the mech's and weapons. Just because someone unlocks an Atlas doesn't mean that they're going to OMGWTFBBQPWN everyone. I like to imagine that it'll be kind of like EVE in a way, where there is a counter for just about everything. It kinda makes it like a giant game of rock, paper, scissors. In EVE, you may be bringing a battleship to the fight but a few frigates and cruisers that know what they're doing will make short work of that battleship. I just hope that MWO is able to do a great job on balancing out the classes so the same type of scenario is possible here. I'm really crossing my fingers that the role warfare works out the way they talk about it in the devblogs. If it does work as intended then the wallet warriors won't have an advantage, which is what I'm betting on. But in the end, only time will tell.

#863 RL Nice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationA computer.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostThalas, on 09 July 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Sideways boosters, turbo running, +speed when levelling up, I always thought the hyper movement abilities of some mech games was absurd.

MASC already exists in other MechWarrior games.

#864 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostRL Nice, on 12 July 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

MASC already exists in other MechWarrior games.

Yeah, but the speed increase of MASC is, what, like 20% or so? I think in Hawken it is like warp speed or something.

Also, MASC tends to cause some hilarious things to happen if you are unlucky. Or try to turn on pavement. Or go up a hill. :D

#865 Ooorky

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Type-59.

#866 E_Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAACE!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

people who tell you to **** whenever your chatting.

#867 Ciypherr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTharkad City, Tharkad Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

two things I dont want from MW:O hmmm constant talk of a certain free to play world war 2 tank game would be a start as well as no host migration issues that is all.....

#868 Sertsa

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationClearwater Florida

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

JJ's that only allow you to go straight up and down, but that is probably a moot point.

I think some of the most fun I ever had playing online was the original Mechwarrior II and was back when we had to fake a LAN setup over Kali was 2 on 2 class 1 laser fights with Timberwolfs dog fighting in a 3D environment more or less. Was great for other ones also of course, part of the art of war back then was being able to DFA, headstomp, or ram your feet through someones cockpit at high speed :D

I missed the JJ's being nerfed in the later games.

Edited by Sertsa, 12 July 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#869 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

i want to see clans since it is 3049. but since they said they will not have clans and they are not thinking of then now or in the future. i want to see a new year picked.

#870 Duke William

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIS

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well yea I don't want to see a game were the more you pay, the more powerful you become in a sort of exponential curve. I realize that there will be a part of this, but like the first comment said I don't want someone who paid 1k dollars or something 1-shotting me lol.

#871 Maximillian Steel

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationShreveport, Louisiana

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

To be able to fight for planets for specific houses. People fight for one side or another and after a week or two..depending on winning side, the map color changes for that house. That planet stays that color for a month. Other planets open up for battles depending on planets taken. Jusy a rough idea.

#872 Duke William

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIS

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostMaximillian Steel, on 12 July 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

To be able to fight for planets for specific houses. People fight for one side or another and after a week or two..depending on winning side, the map color changes for that house. That planet stays that color for a month. Other planets open up for battles depending on planets taken. Jusy a rough idea.

this thread is for what you don't want to see. :D And I think we all want to see what you mentioned. :) I would just add if one faction is on a role, other factions should be able to ally together somehow to combat them.

#873 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostTehbob, on 26 May 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Everyone ends up playing assault mechs like all the other MW games.

I hope that roles work. I hope that mechs of various tonnages are viable and people will play them instead of getting into the most heavily armored/armed mech you can get (the 100ts)

playing a role will give you role XP, the devs made that plain enough. The question is whether or not there are any pilots out there willing to play scout mechs in battle. If you dont like fast light mechs then chances are you will be a poor scout. Everyone should play what makes them happy, its a game and customized mechs means there will be boaters even if it is restricted somewhat by chassis limits.

#874 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostCsypher, on 12 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

i want to see clans since it is 3049. but since they said they will not have clans and they are not thinking of then now or in the future. i want to see a new year picked.

actually, the clans are coming. first contact in about a month <august> when Phelan kell vanishes, leaving only an odd video behind. Full contact comes 20 March 3050/2013. They are coming. They are near us.

#875 lllWAVElll

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

A PING Counter.

I'm pretty sure that mine is hovering somewhere between 200-300 at the moment, but it would be nice to actually know how bad it actually is. :P

#876 Greywolf Stark

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Madcat Mark II

#877 Dragorath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

That ****** players which fire on the own team, leave the game in a match and never come back, post unapropriate stuff are not banned within minutes forever. Please, the IP Adress should also be banned.

#878 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,191 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostGreywolf Stark, on 26 August 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Madcat Mark II

not gonna, it's 3049. those don't get invented for at LEAST another 10-15 years, and by that point, everyone else playing would be able to rip the MkIIs to bits with god knows how many other mechs.

#879 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

wow this thread is still around O.o

View PostFerocitan, on 09 July 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

:) Rainbows and kittens.

Also be able to make your own GUI improvement/mods.

you DONT want UI mods O.o
why?
Also: ponies

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 09 July 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

well first off, you cannot buy tactical advantage in MWO. Secondly, just being able to BUY the mech with your credit card for example, does not make you instantly wonderful with it. I still fear a person who has devoted his or her time to a role, that has intimate knowledge of how that role, or in MWO's case Mechs, over the person who thinks if they toss enough $$ at something, it = win. Expediency in any situation fails to make you superior over the time tested practice of old fashioned grinding.

as long as no DHS/endo steel/ferro fib in the cash shop yeah

#880 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

3rd person view during matches. I'd say any pay to win function as a second choice. Luckily the devs seem to be against both these things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users