#181 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostSerapth, on 24 January 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Are you being intentionally dense?

The post was incredibly clear... balance premades across teams. Nothing more.

Nice attempted strawman though.
  • 2, 3, 4 player groups will be matched against other groups and solo players per Phase 1 rules.
English isn't your first language either. Is it?

View PostSerapth, on 24 January 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Phase 2: December 4th - 80% (Delayed due to testing)

Phase two is the 8 man queue brainball.

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

*sigh*.......You realize that never made it into the game.

Unless you can dig out patch notes that state this isn't the case. I'll wait.

Citation please.....and how did I guess.

Edited by Yokaiko, 24 January 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#182 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Then you'll clearly have no issues with producing patch notes that say so.

You made the assertion the onus lies on you to produce the evidence. Try to keep up.

I'm really really tired. Just putting that out there. This wearies me.

Edited by Thirdstar, 24 January 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#183 SociopathicSquirrel

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I work in statistics, so a few minor points. Your mini-study isn't bad per se, but it needs to be rafined and improved.

a) Your sample is definitely too small, which skews the mean. As we do not know how many players are PuG we must presume infinity, and so you would need at least 1,000 sample cases.

b) Remember, margin of error. As your sample is too small the margin of error is bigger. This needs to be compensated.

c) Basic methodology : one of your hypothesis should have been a null hypothesis instead, to make sure you do not cherry-pick your results. Then, H1 should have been the hypothesis that PuGs have a lesser game experience than the average would expect.

d) While correlation doesn't equal causation, the fact that there is a correlation cannot simply be tossed aside. However it should be controled with other variables, like hour of the day, location, server condition, inequality in mech numbers at the start of the match, mech being used, and so on.

Edited by SociopathicSquirrel, 24 January 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#184 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Then you'll clearly have no issues with producing patch notes that say so.

You made the assertion the onus lies on you to produce the evidence. Try to keep up.

No I'm done, I have a dev post that says that is how it works, I'm not doing MORE of your homewrk for you I have to head to class in a minute.

#185 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

• 2, 3, 4 player groups will be matched against other groups and solo players per Phase 1 rules.
English isn't your first language either. Is it?

You dont get this internet thing do you? You know anybody can scroll back and call you on your BS.

Let's do it now..... weeee......

View PostJohn Norad, on 24 January 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

This.
I don't understand how people can even begin to think about a serious discussion on that topic. There really isn't more to say about it. Just separate them. Or at the very least have the exact same number of premades on both sides.

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Why is this so hard to understand?

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

SO you want raw pug or eight man?

Do I need to point out how terrible of an idea this is?

Again, nice attempted straw man, but that is exactly NOT what he said.

People looking for balance across matches aren't trying to take your toys away, other of course that is, than your easy button.

#186 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

No I'm done, I have a dev post that says that is how it works, I'm not doing MORE of your homewrk for you I have to head to class in a minute.

You have a roadmap post that says the stated intent. Nothing more. Do you really want me to list the number of things in the roadmaps that didn't make it to live?

#187 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

You have a roadmap post that says the stated intent. Nothing more. Do you really want me to list the number of things in the roadmaps that didn't make it to live?

Actually he has a roadmap post, with stated intent, marked as delayed.

#188 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostSerapth, on 24 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

People looking for balance across matches aren't trying to take your toys away, other of course that is, than your easy button.

So now we have to go back to probability. There is a 4096:1 chance of another 4 man having the same comp as yours, how do you start a game under that circumstance without 19,000 some odd players IN THE QUEUE when you try to launch?

Not in the game, in he queue, this is why there is no weight matching on 8 mans, they can't do it.

#189 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostSerapth, on 24 January 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Actually he has a roadmap post, with stated intent, marked as delayed.

Too late anyway, he's Brave Sir Robined his way out of the thread.

#190 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

I have my dev post, prove me wrong....per phase one rules I may add, phase one was live at that point.

#191 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Man, we must have some ****** premades.

#192 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Too late anyway, he's Brave Sir Robined his way out of the thread.

Phase TWO was delayed, PHASE TWO is JUST the 8 man queue, phase one was the 2-4 man restriction.....that was live something like a MONTH before they allowed 8 man queues again.

IF you are going to argue, try to at least know the facts.

#193 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

I have my dev post, prove me wrong....per phase one rules I may add, phase one was live at that point.

So you're going to dig your heels in and be stubborn eh? Know when to fold em kid.

P.S. Weren't you heading to class?

Edited by Thirdstar, 24 January 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#194 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

I

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

So you're going to dig your heels in and be stubborn eh? Know when to fold em kid.

know the difference between the two phases...unlike you.

Be correct then argue a point, because right now you are dead wrong. Phase 1 was the 2-4 man split before that you could run with ANY number of players up to 8.

#195 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

No.
The matchmaking portion has been delayed as pointed out.
The 8 man queue was implemented on the side in Beta Update #5, and nobody held them accountable to the rest of the matchmaking update supposed to get in because it was the same patch that brought the dreaded ECM!

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday Dec. 4th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

UPDATE
Happy Holidays MechWarriors! Open beta update 5 is inbound!

‘Tis the season to Deck your Mech with holiday themed Items! These Items are here for a limited time and are sure to please the misses’. “Look honey I hung the Xmas lights”. For some added tactical options you can also turn your Xmas lights on and off. Oddly enough powering down your BattleMech does not affect the Xmas lights, they are powered by holiday spirit!

ECM is here and personally I can’t wait to ruin some streak cats day with this excellent piece of equipment. I am going to be honest with you ECM is a game changer so let us know how you feel about ECM on the forums because lately I think you guys have been holding back and not telling us how you really feel.

The Cataphract Hero Mech “Ilya Muromets” is in this patch with an excellent skin by our man Hayden. What can I say about this Mech? “Ilya?.. More Like Kill ya!” is how our tools programmer Kyle L put it and I have to agree.[/color]

I can’t remember but I think you guys wanted 8-player groups too right? Well those are in there too. You choose “8-Player Required” when creating a group. You will require 8-players to launch and your groups will only be matched against other 8-player groups.

Once again I want to remind you we have people 100% focused on performance and networking and we are making headway. The people making these above features are separate group of resources.

Until next patch.

-Matt Newman!

Change Log

ELECTRONIC COUNTER MEASURES (ECM) IS NOW IN

Main Points:

Only available to specific variants. Currently, it can only be equipped on the following variants:[/color]

* Commando COM-2D
* Raven RVN-3L
* Cicada CDA-3M
* Atlas AS7-D-DC

Has two different modes. Disrupt and Counter

Disruption Mode:

* ‘Cloaks’ friendlies within 180 meters (reduces detection distance to 25% of normal range).
* Disrupts enemies sensors (targeting system), as well as targeting communication (sharing of targeting information) within 180 meters.
* Disables enemy NARC
* Disables broadcasting of TAG (if friendly is within sphere of influences); However, if you TAG a mech with ECM OUTSIDE of their sphere of influence, it allows you and your friendlies to target
* Slow down weapon locks by 25%
* Slow down target gathering by 25%
* Active Probes do not gain any benefits against ECM equipped enemies

Counter Mode:

* Neutralizes 1 nearby enemy’s ECM in Disruption mode.

NEW SEASONAL COCKPIT ITEMS

* Santa (Standing)
* Snowman (Standing)
* Xmas Tree (Standing)
* Xmas Elf (Standing)
* Xmas Lights (Hanging)
* Gift Boxes (Standing)
* Lump of Coal (Standing)
* Xmas Wreath (Mounted)

NEW HERO MECH:

"Ilya Muromets CTF-IM"

* Cataphract

* Tonnage: 70 tons
* Top Speed: 64.8 kph
* Armor: 432 points
* Weapons: 2 Medium Lasers, 2 AC/5s, 1 AC/10, 1 Small Laser

* Hardpoints:

* Left Arm: 1 Ballistic
* Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
* Right Torso: 1 Energy, 1 Ballistic
* Right Arm: 1 Energy, 1 Ballistic
* Jump Jets: n/a
* 30% C-Bill bonus

GENERAL

* Weapon loadout will display ECM status( Disruption / Counter mode) and its effective range. This will appear on the bottom of the Weapon loadout UI.
* Added a Status bar on the Right-centre of the HUD to show if you are under the effects of friendly/enemy disruption ECM or if your ECM module is actively being countered.
* Added ECM Target information.
* Shows if friendly is under enemy/friendly ECM Disruption.
* If enemy has an ECM module, and if the module is actively being countered.

GAMEPLAY

* Damage Resistance System Upgrade (only Weapon Doors for now), now more precise
* Auto-cannon projectile impacts have been reduced with the only exception being the AC/20.
* The number of jump jets effects proportionally equal to jump jets modules get replaced by damaged effects when jump jets get destroyed
* Removed the engine sounds from the Front End to prepare a new system.
* Set the health of the Gauss rifle to 3 points
* Set the chance that the destruction of a Gauss rifle will cause it to explode to 90%

PERFORMANCE FIXES

* Bug fix for HUD to reduce number of draw calls required for cockpit monitors.
* Terrain fixes for Forest Colony and Forest Colony Snow.
* Audio optimization pass.

BUG FIXES

* Fixed an issue the cancel button in Mech Customization would sometimes not work.
* Report the accurate number of heat sinks in the dynamic cockpit screen.
* Fix bug where purchase for 0 MC fails if not having purchased MC before.
* Fixed it so newly bought Cockpit Items are now automatically equipped on Mechs.
* Fixed an issue where a purchase prompt would show when you equipped a cockpit item you already owned.
* Fixed a bug that was preventing the Gauss rifle from exploding properly

KNOWN ISSUES

* If you are using 7.1 you may experience sound issues. Users should play in 5.1 or lower.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Edited by Elandyll, 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#196 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

You have yet to rebuttal a single point I've made in two pages..

...but I'm being stubborn, laughable.

#197 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Yokaiko, are you saying the current MM matches premades on either side of the non 8 man queue? Cos it doesn't.

#198 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hmmmm... im tempted to run an experiment. Get 3 other people that are calling for a change to the Pug vs Premade matchmaker, post all 4 players stats.

Then play a dozen matches using comms, reporting the win/loss screens as a result. Then each play a dozen matches PUG and post win/loss screens.

Only problem is, a number of people that dont use comms, dont use comms for a reason, so getting this premade together would be tricky.

Second, people would just dismiss the results anyways.

#199 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

You have yet to rebuttal a single point I've made in two pages..

...but I'm being stubborn, laughable.

You pointed to a roadmap post that says delayed. You have yet to produce patch notes that even suggest that such a thing went into the live environment. If what you say is true then why haven't the Devs made a detailed summary of the same in patch notes over the last 2 months?

#200 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

View PostElandyll, on 24 January 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

No.
The matchmaking portion has been delayed as pointed out.
The 8 man queue was implemented on the side in Beta Update #5, and nobody held them accountable to the rest of the matchmaking update supposed to get in because it was the same patch that brought the dreaded ECM!

[/size][/font][/color]

Other than being hard to read that proves nothing. Read the three posts above. Phase two is the 8 man queue, period. That went in as advertised...late but as advertised. The command chair post I linked was AFTER phase one went live.

.....NO ONE has found a post that says that says that group matching wasn't installed.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users