Petition For Stock Mech Game Option

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want a stock Mech game option? (576 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a stock Mech game option?

1. Yes! (99 votes [17.19%])

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

2. HELL Yes! (477 votes [82.81%])

Percentage of vote: 82.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Here is the problem I have with stock mechs.

There are mechs not built with faster RoF (mainly ballistic style mechs) in mind.

Who, in their right mind, would play a Jagermech? That thing will run out of ammo in about 20.0s worth of firing due to 1t of AC/2 ammo with 2 AC/2s equipped.

This is because the AC/2 could only fire once a turn, so 2 AC/2s could fire for 20 turns, which is 200 seconds within a real time setting.

Interestingly, I play a Jagermech close to stock, but I modify it to include ES and FF so that I can add more ammo and DHS but it's still low armor and seems to run fine.

#222 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 12 October 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

I voted HEELLL YES but this game is SO FFFUIINNGG gayYAY I doubt PGI will even consider it unless it was there own great idea.

This, dear reader, is the problem with the community. Not a single coherent thought.

Seriously dude, go back to CoD, your kind is not wanted here.

#223 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Good idea, downside, mechs with DHS would be primary choices for most pilots, i know i would grab DHS if possible but i would like to pilot stock mechs with no upgrades, or proficencies.

BE WHAT YOU WERE MENT TO BE, AND NOTHING ELSE.

A TRUE MECHWARRIOR

#224 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

I also would like to have a stock mech game mode. It needs to be done to feel like real Mechwarrior/Battletech instead of generic GiantRobotGame or some kind of Everyone has his fantasy builds Solaris style mechwarrior.

The units in the Battletech universe also get supply from the battlemech factorys and do run these stock mechs. As it is now everyone runs a modified version of every mech which is plain wrong canon wise.

#225 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I would support a stock only game mode, either owned and re-built to stock, or an auto-revert to stock. PGI would have to take it seriously though and give it importance in CW.

#226 Cart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

A 3025-Tech-Limit-Mode would be nice too...

#227 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

Why I prefer Stock
  • Stock 'Mechs are all built differently, giving them very unique loadouts and roles, some have weaknesses in armor or other
  • Stock 'Mechs are generally balanced against each other since they retain 'parity' (I.E., If a JM6-S is on the other team and one is on yours, both must overcome the same weaknesses, such as low armor and lack of ammo)
  • Not every 'Mech has 2 PPC's and 1 AC/5 like "mwo meta" - The Awesome-8Q is the "ppc beast" - and not every Light 'Mech goes 150 km/h with full armor carrying streaks - the Locust and Spider's are fast, but with low armor, the Firestarter is slower and heavily armored, while the Jenner-F is heavily armored and relatively fast, but can not reach the speeds of a Locust or Spider.
  • Stock 'Mechs are generally all slower, making for a more tactical, drawn out battle.
  • Certain Stock 'Mechs complement each other better when forming a lance or Company Lance as they were meant to in TT (A Griffin-1S for instance in TT generally had another 'Mech to protect it at close range due to its weapon configuration)
  • Canon 'Mechs that were considered silly or the general idea that they would be useless in "mwo meta" actually have a place when playing in Stock Mode (an Urban, excellent for defending an Area, especially against Recon units; Panthers, speed of a medium, but heavily armored and extremely mobile with jumpjets)

Edited by General Taskeen, 28 April 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#228 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

I dont have a problem with this option even though the poll is flawed.

Problem is, player base. Its small enough already, and throwing another split into it? Yeah, not a great idea.

The other issue is that stock mechs blow due to being heat coffins. Mechs that have DHS stock would obviously dominate their SHS brethren simply because they have alot more heat cap and additional dissipation.

#229 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostKaldor, on 28 April 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Problem is, player base. Its small enough already, and throwing another split into it? Yeah, not a great idea.

The player base is going to split regardless: http://mwomercs.com/...k-mech-mondays/

They may as well give us what we want and make some money off of it...

#230 Vargralor

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

I like this idea. A stock mech only game mode would be an excellent idea. I would also like it to automatically equip your mech back to stock for the match rather than manually having to do it when you want to switch modes.

Personally I would like it if stock mech usage was more strongly emphasized in regular games which could probably be achieved by permanently destroying non-stock components in mechs when said components were destroyed in battle. You could still customize mechs but if you lose it you need to buy all the customizations again.

#231 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

I think I have a solution to increase player-base for Stock Matches:
  • Provide significant XP bonus at the expense of C-Bills reward downsize
  • Use default armour values for Stock Matches (instead of current doubled)
That would make Stock Matches ideal for leveling chassis, especially variants considered relatively weak in current franken-meta.

Edited by Featherwood, 11 May 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#232 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

Terrible idea. The only mechs you'd see are energy builds with DHS and decent stock armor. Everything else is either a flaming deathtrap that will run out of ammo in the first 3 minutes.

#233 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 11 May 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

Terrible idea. The only mechs you'd see are energy builds with DHS and decent stock armor. Everything else is either a flaming deathtrap that will run out of ammo in the first 3 minutes.

You'd be quite wrong actually; most of the DHS mechs are flaming death traps. The others are not; you just fire in chain fire and have something called heat management.
This is a stock mech versus non-stock mechs.

Edited by Koniving, 12 May 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#234 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

This thread's poll shows an amazing 100% opinion of YES! Must be a good idea!

(Actually, joking aside, I love this idea and would really like it to make it into the game!)

#235 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 May 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

You'd be quite wrong actually; most of the DHS mechs are flaming death traps. The others are not; you just fire in chain fire and have something called heat management.

Absolutely.. ..this is not ALPHASTRIKE-WARRIOR.. ..at least it is not meant to be... ;)

#236 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 May 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

Trial mechs are NOT stock mechs. They are champion mechs.

I don't know, but the age of the post you quoted might be back from when the trial mechs were just stock mechs? I could be mistaken...

#237 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 12 May 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

Absolutely.. ..this is not ALPHASTRIKE-WARRIOR.. ..at least it is not meant to be... :D

If PGI could do something right, like a 30 threshold, it never would have been an alpha strike warrior. But, ah well.
I did okay, but not all that great for the Stock Mech Monday. Someone had a victor that, I'm quite certain, wasn't running stock. If it was, it had the pilot skills going. It didn't even come close to overheating and way too agile, and I've run them. :wub:

They tend to run very hot.

View PostTesunie, on 12 May 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

I don't know, but the age of the post you quoted might be back from when the trial mechs were just stock mechs? I could be mistaken...

You're right. I was thinking this was a new thread. ;)

#238 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Screen Shots from Monday Night (tonight's) stock mech matches.

#239 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 May 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'd love to join.... but I work Mondays... (And I don't own a stock mech yet, and I'm not willing to change the mechs I already own back...)

Edit: Actually, I do have a mech I was thinking about selling that I wouldn't mind bringing back to stock... but it comes stock with DHS... which may throw a damper on that plan. (Though I'd be willing to play it "stock" with SHS instead... ;) )

Edited by Tesunie, 12 May 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#240 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Stockmechs are everytime fun. Season 3 3025 Stockmech Tourney of the german community is nearly finish.

As far as i know it was fun for everyone. Especially as we using a battle value for the tourney.

So i still wants a stockmech option / selection and it could not a big problem. Because now all stockmech loadout (XML files) a part of the client.

So everyone could select the option and the mech came with stock loadout into the game.

Edited by paxmortis, 12 May 2014 - 11:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users