625 replies to this topic

#561 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

I am going to have to address this in my own thread methinks.

#562 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

with the mech hangars customization options omnimechs arent really viable anyways because to an extent you can custoimize non omnis to your hearts content to fulfil the same purpose at less cost

#563 Eon0574

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

CLAN MECHS:
Anyone can get one. Remove the "nerfed content"!!!!
Because the technology is available to all. Remove the "nerfed content"!!!!
You can use C-Bills: Remove the "nerfed content"!!!!

I pilot both Clan and IS mechs. No need to nerf just change your tactics to compensate for the added threat.

I don't understand the complaints. If you don't like getting stomped change your tactics. That's the point. I know, something so complex requires thought and maybe some imagination but it can be done.

Sorry I have no understanding for the "the enemy is too stong, make him weaker or I'll take my toys and go home" crowd.

Don't quit because the game became more challenging. Rise to the occasion!! Let yourself be challenged!!

Quit your crying because they got bigger guns. Go get your friends and beat them down as a team. That's kind of the point isn't it?

If we had 12v 12 clan v IS, I could understand the need to create a "balance" to the game as 10 v 12 does not exist.

Currently we have 12 v 12 mixed warfare "PUG" matches.

The "balance" can be made in the group building process (matchmaker) without ruining the game with unnecessary nerfs or quirks. Clan mechs are supposed to be better and now they are available for c-bills so what's the freaking problem.

IMO they are destroying the game with all the "balance" adjustments.

Clan vs IS only exists in a special game mode that is still 12v 12 and a work in progress.

If you went to a 10 v 12 Clan vs IS in regular "PUG" gameplay or in the Invasion mode IMO there would still be no need to "nerf" clan mechs.

Pretty soon they'll need to start "nerfing" the IS mechs to balance the game for the Clan mechs.

IMO

Edited by Eon Rha Saeri, 28 January 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#564 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 09 December 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

But why do this with nerfing them? The Clans always fight outnumbered, why not go the extreme in this one?
10vs12? Why not 5vs12 or 5vs16 or 10vs18?
If people want to play Clanners, why not make them fight hordes upon hordes of inferior and dishonorable enemies until it's no longer funny? A Cluster against a Regimental Combat Team? Outnumbered in Mechs 1:2 and outnumbered overall 1:18?
Why not?

I too favoured this solution to the balancing equation.

As IS Mechs have now been artificially enhanced and Clan Mechs to some extent nerfed, I guess we'll never know whether 8 v 12 or other combinations would have worked.

#565 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

Devs stated can only be 12v12 because any other matchup would break the matchmaking system. Better get used to the meta balancing system implemented currently because it is not going anywhere.

#566 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Posted Image

#567 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

I think what's most agitating is that alot of people paid real money for these mechs based on their capabilities; now those capabilities have been curtailed.

I imagine demanding refunds might be an option if these changes become too detrimental. Blizzard went through it over World of Warcraft.

#568 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 09 December 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Because not many players will willingly enter a match knowing that their 'Mech and weapons are inferior by a wide margin?

it would work in community warfare tho since you wouldn't be restricted to one meck IS should get more max and min tonnage and perhaps an extra mech slot then both sides should have a choice between 3-5 mechs for each maps could also change defenses around so there are less turrets but IS could have AI erben mechs and clans could have elementals when defending and give the attackers some tank coloms that drop every five-10 minuets, Is again could have the better ones or clans might get theirs in longer intervals, they will need to get AI going of coarse.

Edited by Frost Lord, 31 January 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#569 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 30 January 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Posted Image

I dont think i got the message across, please let this thread die.

Edited by pbiggz, 31 January 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#570 TeeREX

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

lol ^^ i was gonna comment on how it isnt that bad and fight for my side but maybe screw it let them keep raging for nerfs and when nobodyy plays anymore because its no challenge and there is no game what then maybe let pgi do something other then constantly balancing to appease the crowd and the game might get better but there to busy because someone got killed by someone and didnt like it ridicules

#571 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostTeeREX, on 02 April 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

lol ^^ i was gonna comment on how it isnt that bad and fight for my side but maybe screw it let them keep raging for nerfs and when nobodyy plays anymore because its no challenge and there is no game what then maybe let pgi do something other then constantly balancing to appease the crowd and the game might get better but there to busy because someone got killed by someone and didnt like it ridicules

please let this thread die.

;)

#572 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

Unfortunately the root of the issue is that there is no way to include Zelbring into the game. We also don't have Word of Blake/Comstar to come riding in at the last possible moment to stop the clan hordes at Tukkyiad. Unless the Devs have something planned...

As for "OP" Clan tech. I bought Wave I. And Wave II. And Wave III. While I'm still waiting on Wave III like everyone else, I have yet to find a Clan 'Mech that can't be beat. The closest would have to be the ECM Hellbringers. Not hard to take down individually, mind you, but they are robbing the IS pilots of the ability to bring Missiles into play in CW, all the while not suffering from the same restriction. On the IS side you either have to bring a light, a cicada, or an Atlas if you want ECM.

Instead of Nerf, just release the ECM-variant T-Bolt, Battlemaster, Shadowhawk, Grasshopper, Zeus, etc. Heck, even the HBK had an ECM variant by this point.

With the coming Shadowcat, the IS will have more ECM to deal with than ever before, still with very little loss of firepower to the clan pilot. While there are counters to ECM, unless your team is set up to capitalize on it, you're better off bringing autocannons and hoping they stand still long enough to take down.

In any case, ECM seems like something an honor-bound Clan pilot wouldn't even use. I thought they liked being the center of attention.

#573 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostThe Shredder, on 02 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

In any case, ECM seems like something an honor-bound Clan pilot wouldn't even use. I thought they liked being the center of attention.

I think it was actually used in Trials.

In any case, at this point very few Clan warriors would regard Spheroids as honorable enough to be worty of Zellbrigen and honorable combat, instead of just being honorless barbarians to hunt down like bandits ;)

#574 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Who cares, so long as PGI pander to the few who want the Clans nerfed to the point where Clan owners get sick of it and leave the game, MWO is doomed to failure and sink into oblivion.
Not trolling just sad to see another loved mechwarrior game fail because of a sad few who just aren't that good on the battlefield and only feel good when a lance of un-nerfed I.S. assault mechs kill a single heavily nerfed kit-fox and then proclain that the Clans are inferior.

Wonder how many of those guys were in other games and destroyed them, Sad-Sacks.

Don't forget to say i'm trolling people, god forbid that some-one actually has an opinion and it's not yours, some-one who cares about this game surviving and growing, we can't have that now can we, I know contact PGI and get them to nerf me, hey a nerf button on the forum page would really assist you, then only you can comment, c'mon PGI let's get that nerf button going, these sad few need it.

#575 Curley GumboKiller Bradley

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCold State

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

I will admit to not reading the whole thread but here is my solution for what it is worth. (as an IS player)

Most of the complaining must be coming from the CW aspect of the game.
It is one I do not regularly play in as my IS tech is way out matched by the clan tech.
I do much better against clanners one on one in the regular PUG matches.
In CW it is 9 out of 10 times a slaughter for the IS teams.

My solution:
Leave the clan tech alone. Some how add a bidding process to the match just like in the books.
When a drop happens have the clan side enter a bid on a world. Lowest bid wins the chance to take it.
The smaller the force the larger the rewards.
You would bid 1-4 stars.
Each star is 12 mechs.
Bid 1 star then only 1 of your deck is dropped. This is determined by a ranking set when the deck is made.

#576 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostCurley GumboKiller Bradley, on 02 April 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

I will admit to not reading the whole thread but here is my solution for what it is worth. (as an IS player)

It is one I do not regularly play in as my IS tech is way out matched by the clan tech. You MUST not be playing in the over quirked IS mechs much.

My solution:
Leave the clan tech alone. Some how add a bidding process to the match just like in the books.
When a drop happens have the clan side enter a bid on a world. Lowest bid wins the chance to take it.
You would bid 1-4 stars.
Each star is 12 mechs.
Bid 1 star then only 1 of your deck is dropped. This is determined by a ranking set when the deck is made.

The Balance is getting closer, the Heat quirks for IS and AC5's need to be reduced, and the heat for the clan mechs needs some serious reduction, but if those two things were done the balance of weapon systems and mechs would be pretty close. HEAT is one of the biggest advantages for IS and disadvantages for Clans that really needs to be addressed to balance out the games esp in CW matches.

#577 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

View PostCurley GumboKiller Bradley, on 02 April 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

It is one I do not regularly play in as my IS tech is way out matched by the clan tech.

My solution:
You would bid 1-4 stars.
Each star is 12 mechs.

Aside from the fact that a Star is 5 'Mechs..

Do you mean that every player should drop with only 1 of his 'Mechs? :mellow:

#578 DaiAku

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

I have come back from about a year away to see PGI slowly and constantly removing asymmetrical gameplay and it is really sad.

Clan tech is supposed to be significantly better and they are supposed to be outnumbered. Just like in WWII with German tanks being significantly better but outnumbered. I believe Panzers took out tanks between 5-10/1 on average but Germany still lost the war.

Why PGI cannot balance this way is beyond me and it is frankly not that difficult. Many have suggested several viable means in this thread. After the latest "balance patch" where IS have better laser ranges because of quirks and superior armor - many people are talking about leaving the game altogether. Posted Image

Edited by DaiAku, 15 December 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#579 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostDaiAku, on 15 December 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

I have come back from about a year away to see PGI slowly and constantly removing asymmetrical gameplay and it is really sad.

Clan tech is supposed to be significantly better and they are supposed to be outnumbered. Just like in WWII with German tanks being significantly better but outnumbered. I believe Panzers took out tanks between 5-10/1 on average but Germany still lost the war.

Why PGI cannot balance this way is beyond me and it is frankly not that difficult. Many have suggested several viable means in this thread. After the latest "balance patch" where IS have better laser ranges because of quirks and superior armor - many people are talking about leaving the game altogether. Posted Image

Since you are determined to necro post with a stupid idea:
1) The balance between unnerfed Clan tech and unquirked IS tech, is about 5 to 1.
There is no way that you are going to get 4 or 5 players to play IS tech for every player that wants to play a Clan mech.

2) Asymetrical teams throw the Quick Match matchmaker out the window, with it needing to be entirely rewritten, or need to separate all the players out into 3 different queues of ISvIS, Clan v Clan, and IS v Clan.
All of this means longer wait times to form a match.

3) It is more fun to have balanced mechs leading to challenging matches, than in one sided stomps that only end when one side runs out of mechs, or the other side finally is crushed under the massed numbers.

#580 DaiAku

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostAdamski, on 15 December 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Since you are determined to necro post with a stupid idea:
1) The balance between unnerfed Clan tech and unquirked IS tech, is about 5 to 1.
There is no way that you are going to get 4 or 5 players to play IS tech for every player that wants to play a Clan mech.

2) Asymetrical teams throw the Quick Match matchmaker out the window, with it needing to be entirely rewritten, or need to separate all the players out into 3 different queues of ISvIS, Clan v Clan, and IS v Clan.
All of this means longer wait times to form a match.

3) It is more fun to have balanced mechs leading to challenging matches, than in one sided stomps that only end when one side runs out of mechs, or the other side finally is crushed under the massed numbers.

Listen chump, as soon as you call an idea stupid you are already show how out to lunch you really are. Necro post or not, I already said I was away for awhile and looked for something the was relevant to what I wanted to post about - so here it is. Here's a clue for you - if it keeps coming up in the forums then it is likely a relevant issue still.

Despite your additude, I will address the issues you seem think are a problem as they are so easily solved.

1) I disagree - it all depends on how you balance it. Its simple quality vs quantity balance.

2) only as quickmatch stands now - which is rudimentary in structure and easily enhanced with several options:
Here are some options - many others have already been given in this thread:
  • Clan vs Clan - IS vs IS matches
  • Clan vs IS matches where Clan is limited in numbers/tonnage - easily done.
  • Bidding matches as suggest in this thread about 10 times already.
  • Many others....
3) You make the assumption that balance requires symmetry which it does not. 5 vs 12 could be very challenging for both sides if done properly. Chess has symmetry but most modern games designs have long past moved beyond all sides need to be exactly the same. I frankly find it boring (this is echoed by many others in this thread) and to make this game symmetrically balanced goes completely against the lore. To call it more fun is also not helpful to your argument except to say that "that is how you like it' - most gamers don't - and game designs have long since moved on. See: starcraft, eve, League of Legends, etc..

If you want to know why the player base has become stagnant in this game then look no further then the attitude that you support.

Edited by DaiAku, 15 December 2015 - 01:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users