165 replies to this topic

#101 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

am I too late to say "Git Gud".. ?? .. ??

#102 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

Damn guys I said I was sorry!
Bad Nova bad bad.

#103 Xocoyol Zaraoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 178 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

LRMs are the nube toob, basically, and that's not a bad thing. First few minutes explains rather well we need low-skill weapons like the LRMs, because face it, almost no apex-player actually uses LRM boats if they actually want to murderbone someone.

Edited by Xocoyol Zaraoul, 26 October 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#104 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostWolf Kiarsen, on 26 October 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Maybe you should give some advice on how to do that instead of name calling.

There's 625928 threads on that. Figure it out...it's not that hard. This isn't the new player help subforum.

Also, lol at liking your own post.

#105 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostWolf Kiarsen, on 26 October 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Maybe you should give some advice on how to do that instead of name calling.

Dude, you're tier 2 and don't know how to play against LRMs? Maybe trying a different game like Hawken would be the best advice.

Edited by AphexTwin11, 26 October 2016 - 09:36 AM.

#106 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostXocoyol Zaraoul, on 26 October 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

LRMs are the nube toob, basically, and that's not a bad thing. First few minutes explains rather well we need low-skill weapons like the LRMs, because face it, almost no apex-player actually uses LRM boats if they actually want to murderbone someone.

skill has zero to do with why LRMs are bad..

#107 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

Well...I'm sick of LRMs being so weak, buffing them up to be competitive weapons would be nice.

Haven't seen any lurmageddon though.

#108 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

with ttk so short I can get away with ecm 2erppc and a gauss(2tons) on a HBR. No more lrms for me and I get more practice with ppt for the upcoming power draw.

Note - better be mastered or too hot.

BUT where are all the lrms?

#109 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

really sucks, and I hate it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't seen Alpine anything in weeks. It's all Canyon, Mining and HPG all the time.

And no, I don't have problems with LRMs. I've died to them maybe twice since January. If you are, perhaps it's a tactical thing? For the most part, I don't have either ECM or Radar Dep, either.

#110 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 07 September 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

I can play an LRM boat <poorly> with one hand while reading comic books and eating with chopsticks with the other hand while never getting a kill and doing no damage.

Fixed that for you. I do very well in my LRM Kintaro. In fact, I do phenomenally well in it. But I play second line with it, not stand 1500 meters back shooting every tube watching them hit mountains and explode in midair. And I have lasers to back it up - in fact I have gotten almost as many kills with them as with LRMs. It's quite a surprise for the little buggers who think I'm one of those useless boats when I leg them, run off 250 meters and LRM the living crap out of them. Just for grins.

#111 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostKyp Durron, on 07 September 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

The problem isn't with weapons, the problem is that we have relatively unimaginative maps and PGI spends their time pushing out new mech packages instead of giving us new maps.

LRMs are in Battletech. LRMs are in MWO. If they were as unbelievably disruptive as being indicated here by some, the game would almost certainly be broken by them.

This Battletech universe is supposed to support a multitude of combat options. LRMs complement a well played group. If you have front line mechs adequately locking up, deploying UAVs, and tagging or NARCing targets, then the LRM pilots can assist their team.

It sounds to me as if the people here who are raging against the LRMs want the game to be essentially a classic shooter where every point of damage that gets placed on you is by someone in your face. That isn't what this game is about.

Yes, I use LRMs. I usually have one LRM heavy mech in my drop deck for faction as well, because there are certain maps where it can be very good if the team works right, like Boreal. I don't believe it's overpowering, just good gameplay.

I personally would prioritize adding social tools to the game before new maps or mechs or modes or ED (love that. Should be PD for Projectile Disfunction!). Things like unit chat EVERYWHERE, a chat channel lobby, VOIP in unit lobbies (or others as well), and so on. Because there is nothing in MWO to promote "this is a team game" besides getting rolled in FP by 12 man teams. And that's just stupid and self-defeating. Again, just my opinion.

#112 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:58 AM

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

If find this post offensive and difficult to masturbate to.

Does that answer your question?

#113 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:19 AM

LRMs are not a problem. I rarely use em these days (too slow) but I think they can be both a useful tool and an annoyance when I've been NARC'd.

LRMs are not OP just as ECMs are not.

I think that positioning is key and even more so for assault mechs. And good comms on the team of course. And luck ;)

#114 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

What? Lurmageddon? This is not Lurmageddon. Lurmageddon was last felt when splash damage was horrible implemented and the Jager came out. Here is how that went. INSANE amounts of damage dealt o everything due to splash being to much and then on top of that the Jager mech when it came out at the same time the damage was being delt to the head of the mech due to the splash rules. So yeah you have this new mech and hop into it to be instantly beheaded by splash damage a new mechanic implemented on the same patch. Yeah that was Lurmageddon when people would walk away with 1400 damge in a match for a lurm boat. I should know I was one of those piloting a lurm boat because I could get insane damage and easy kills then.

#115 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

Started playing again recently from a long hiatus and I think lrm are very balanced compared to the state they used to be in with wild swings from super op to laughably useless. I dug out my elited cat a1c and refreshed its build and am having a blast knocking heads with its 40 point artemis alpha strikes or being an annoying git with the ripple fire. I also don't run to the rear of the map uselessly spamming lrms at 900m and stick right with the push tossing out salvos over their heads at the 300m range where it's actually useful. A good lrm pilot can really make or break a team on the right map.

CPLT-A1(C) Lurm Spammer

#116 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

Well I find the best cure for fighting against LRM heavy opposition is coordinated aggression.

Use the comms and pray they listen when you point out the best way to kill LRM heavy teams is aggressive push to close range brawling with everything you have.

At close range every LRM carrier they have suffers reduced damage potentials. Also point out that LRMs are not really the best DPS weapon so allowing LRM heavy teams the time to accumulate damage is just idiotic.

Staying put is how you hand them the win.

#117 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostLykaon, on 27 October 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Well I find the best cure for fighting against LRM heavy opposition is coordinated aggression.

Use the comms and pray they listen when you point out the best way to kill LRM heavy teams is aggressive push to close range brawling with everything you have.

At close range every LRM carrier they have suffers reduced damage potentials. Also point out that LRMs are not really the best DPS weapon so allowing LRM heavy teams the time to accumulate damage is just idiotic.

Staying put is how you hand them the win.

Some people like to get bombed on with missiles and then just complain on the forums because they didn't know how to counter it. Pretty embarrassing when LRMs are one of the weaker weapon systems in the game but some people have no shame.

Posted Image

#118 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

OP says: "LRM's are bad. Bad, bad, bad."

Time to break out those LRM 100 builds.

Posted Image

#119 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Funny, I've just stripped the Lurms off my Loyalty Stalker. Was running a Super Stock 3F build with ECM bonus.
Now, it's quad LPL. Funnily enough, despite the range being much shorter, and my damage numbers being almost halved, my KMDDs have doubled.

#120 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

I suspect that its the reason HPG map is being chosen so much last few days...HPG is good map for nullifing LRMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users