• 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

#62 Roboduster

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

haha im laughing at all you cry baby, cuz nothing is gonna happen from this! gahahahahaha,

#63 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostLubalin, on 24 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Please don't make light of this. "Deal with it" is not appropriate here. Go share that response on all the imbalance threads, but not this one.

Ok... Get over it.

#64 Zapmunk

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

This just in: there are morons/jerks/idiots/mean people/noun of choice on the internet.

If your skin isn't thick enough to put up with that, then you shouldn't be playing an online game.

It IS disgusting, but the internet is disgusting. Learn to deal.

#65 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostRoboduster, on 24 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

haha im laughing at all you cry baby, cuz nothing is gonna happen from this! gahahahahaha,

Actually, Piranha collects metrics on everything, and frequently ban players that violate their policies.

#66 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostThe Cheese, on 24 February 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Like it or not, there's an element of "deal with it" that we're not going to be able to get rid of. Especially since this is a free to play game.

People circumvent censors all the time. The best the devs could do is allow us to hide chat from people.

Come to think of it, a simple ignore list is all we need to be able to get rid of the problem and it's impossible to circumvent.

#67 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sometimes, I say **** just to annoy those with delicate sensibilities. Seriously, we're in a game where we are trying to kill each other. It's like, I dunno, a wargame?

If simple words from some jackwagon on the web cause you pain, you might be a pantywaist.

And those with kids, it's ok for them to "kill?" But not hear **** **** **** **** ***** ****?

Seriously, instead of whining about it. Or saying it's hate speech (which MALICE has kindly defined for us), just ignore it.

Also, you obviously never played video games for a cash prize. You should hear what said to each others faces instead of through an anonymous account elsewhere in the world.

#68 N0V0CAIN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostLubalin, on 24 February 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

I see players using racial slurs and slurs against sexual orientation regularly.

If you do use such words, you're on notice. I screenshot and report it every time.

However, I still see the same players in game later. I'm starting to notice a trend. The policy on this needs to be made more clear to players, and we need better reporting, chat filtering, and blocking tools in-game.

I've voiced concerns about imbalances, and that's one thing. But if the company that manages this game refuses to police this, I will quit. And I will send screenshots to every major gaming site I can find with hopes they'll pick up the story.

I'm not posting them here because I don't want to name and shame.

Something needs to be done about this. We as a community need to band together against this. It's disgusting.

No place for it, report them. Those who think he is just sensitive need to get better reading lights in your moms basement and educate yourself. ( Try sitting by the grow lights )

#69 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostJohnny Morgan, on 24 February 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

....and it's a free to play game, banning them just means they start a new account.

At which point they are required to jump into trial mechs.

Some possibly unintended genius there by PGI; that's some brutal punishment.

#70 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 24 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

At which point they are required to jump into trial mechs.

Some possibly unintended genius there by PGI; that's some brutal punishment.

I say force them to join one of the bronie units. Either they'll decide "friendship is firepower" or they'll run away screaming into the night. :ph34r:

P.S. If any bronies are offended... tough. ;)

#71 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I understand racial/ethnic slurs and sexual orientation remarks not being cool but seriously, if you can't handle vulgar language I don't know what to tell you. Get thicker skin.
You say you have kids that play MWO? You let young children play an "online game"? Do you let them play games like Halo online too?
What we really don't need around here are the foo-foo people who are easily offended by foul language, I don't use it (for the most part) in forum or in-game but you say that you're offended by people who swear...well I am offended by people who don't swear,....I am offended by people who are so educated and enlightened that they are in actuality quite stupid. I am quite offended by your push for politcal correctness.

If you can't handle some kid cursing you out for handing him his arse (was that too strong a word for you?) you're sad...just sad.

#72 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 24 February 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Oh look, more people who need to HTFU and learn to deal with other people on the internet.

Seriously though. Nobody cares but you tiny minority of arrogant windbags and whiteknights.

EDIT: Oh ****, did I just use a racial slur!!?

Hehe, he is an expert on being reported for uncivil behavior.

As other have said screen shot the offence or make a short video and then e-mail it to MWO support.
attach your screen shots, and vids, give a time of day, map played on, and two to three sentences telling them what happened.

I have reported a hand full of people for racial, and sexual hate. I usually have fraps running in the background for just such an occasion.

#73 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 24 February 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I would like to go ahead and prematurely nominate this for Worst Post of 2013. I know the end of the year is a long way away but I'm feeling good that this one will remain a frontrunner.

Did you read the post i quoted? If banning someone from a free game doesn't work, then why not give them a c bill fee to discourage the behavior? What kind of suggestion would you have to curve this problem, other then just ignore it and let it continue?

This when we take a quote that goes something like this "evil only wins when good men do nothing"

#74 Kousagi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

All I have to say is.. Wow... Ya know OP, people like you are the ones the further the use of slurs then anyone else. Plus who care what people say? Its just words, I mean even little children are taught this, when did you forget it?

Please get off your high horse.

#75 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

It's funny how being team killed in the game leads to people demanding banning, but racial slurs are fine ('Just deal with it').

#76 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostDavers, on 24 February 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

It's funny how being team killed in the game leads to people demanding banning, but racial slurs are fine ('Just deal with it').

Team killing effects the game MUCH more than some insults do. Man up and move along.

Edited by Cferre, 24 February 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#77 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostCferre, on 24 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Team killing effects the game MUCH more than some insults do. Move along.

Who cares? Put on your big boy pants and deal with some hoser who's shooting you in a video game.

#78 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostKousagi, on 24 February 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

All I have to say is.. Wow... Ya know OP, people like you are the ones the further the use of slurs then anyone else. Plus who care what people say? Its just words, I mean even little children are taught this, when did you forget it?

Please get off your high horse.

I'm all for a little smack talk, foul-language and uncouth behavior, but as far as "Its just words" goes, i'll have to politely disagree. That particular phrase has been a catch-cry and crutch for bullies since age immaterial, and it's not an excuse for abusive behavior and personal attacks, which can be highly destructive and devastating to people who don't have the thick skins that say you or I have developed.

I'm not bothered by it, and from the tone of your post I would say that you aren't either, and that's fine.

Against someone who is already depressed or unstable however, well. I've seen firsthand the damage abuse that you or I would deem innocent can do.

Edited by Kiiyor, 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#79 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostCferre, on 24 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Team killing effects the game MUCH more than some insults do. Move along.

Both detract from the enjoyment of the game and are inappropriate behaviors. It's just a pity that you can defend one and not the other.

#80 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

dat one's easy,..shoot back

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users