Misc

232 replies to this topic

#121 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

I probably don't need to tell you this, but Mech Collect isn't working ever since the new patch came out.

#122 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Yah the text is in a new position and a new font.

#123 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Workaround for now seems to be triggering a manual stat refresh... now if only PGI would restore the map stats...

#124 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for pointing to the broken homepage, I'm debugging at the moment.
Current status:
- fixed some bugs because of the missing homepage
- changed the detection to the new windows (was already prepared)

I will try to find a workaround, but I cannot promise anything.

btw. I'm flattered how many are using the tool :angry:

Edited by SjurWarEagle, 04 February 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#125 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

New:
* Method for detecting if a match is running changed from windowsize to pixelwatching
(because of UI 2.0)
* New report containing some summaries and unnecessary facts
* Config-entry for ignoring mechs to be imported, you will have to remove already imported entries by hand
(Contact me if you need support)
* Added several colors for some missing mechs/maps/gamemodes
(you can send me your suggestions for additional colors)
* Changed some parts to a multithreaded calculation for faster generating
Bugfixes:
* NullPointerException fixed for some situations where it could be possible to not get enough data for visualization
* Fixed a bug where the tool was unable to get the starting timestamp

WARNING
MWO is set to fullscreen, please change it to window-mode or full-window, otherwise no detection will work.

WARNING
At the moment mechcollect might have some bugs, reason are two things:
a ) pgi deactivated the map-statistics on the homepage, if by accidet or anything else, I don't know. Mechcollect uses these informations and might run into bugs (like the missing information in the battlelog)
b ) the switch to UI 2.0

Please please please make a backup of your "db"-directory, so if there is something completly broken, you can at least go back to the older state of your data.

I'll try my best to fix the current situation, this release did worse than expected, sorry for this.

And this is the new version:
http://sourceforge.n...07.zip/download

#126 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Thanks man. This is a fantastic tool for evaluating game performance, testing out configs, and such.

#127 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Seems that its not capturing my the end game screen very well. Just updating stats. It seems to be because it goes from the scoreboard to player stats so quickly that the app can't grab the data. I go back to the scoreboard, but that isn't helping.

#128 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

So, in order to use this with UI 2.0 i can no longer play in fullscreen mode?

#129 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

@MechTheDane:
Yes, please read this post, I've added some information about the new way of detection and it's limits.

@all:

Hi again,

I'll upload some hotfixes, if I find problems, so please don't be annoyed with small updates.

Because there are questions about how mechcollect now detects the game-mode and why this isn't wokring as fine as before, I'll explain what's changed.
Before UI 2.0 the mechlab had a fixed resolution for every player, this resolution was different from the game-window. Mechcollect only had to look if the window-size of a window called "Mechwarrior Online" has changed and it was sure to know the gamemode.
After 2.0 both, the gamewindow and the mechlab ae running in the same resolution, so this method cannot be used.
I implemented a pixelwatcher, this watcher looks for configured pixels on the screen and tries to map those to the gamemode.
e.g. the mechlab has a black top-bar with an orange button at the upper right, the loadingscreen for the match has some white and yellow letters.
Every about 2sec the screen is checked.
But there are annoying limitations:
* The way I'm getting the image (for programmers: awt.Robot) can only get the image if the game runs in windowed or ful-window mode, NOT in fullscreen. If the game runs in fullscreen, every pixel I get is 0,0,0 -> completely black
* windows on top of mwo, e.g. a browser or the taskba, are in my watching-image, so if you are reading the forum while waiting for the match, mechcollect cannot get the pixels of the game and might not be able to get the correct gamemode, please keep this in mind
* I set the pixels to watch for with my screen resolution of 1920x1080, if you e.g. are running at 1024x768 there is no checkpoint at e.g. 1800x900, because if this I scale every point to the current resolution of the window, so if I'm checking at 100x100 on my screen this is about 51x51 on your screen. Doing this allows me to use one set of coordinates for every user, but the downside is, I cannot be pixel-precize. If there is a line of one pixel at 150 on my screen, where is it on yours? at 60? 61? 59?

After all this talk: please be be pationed with me, I'll try to fix and tune mechcollect for the new situation.

btw.
http://sourceforge.n...08.zip/download
contains some bugfixes, so the mechdata in the battlelog will be displayed again (without the map-data of course).

#130 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

The mapdata is there again:
http://mwomercs.com/...-investigating/
please note, because of the difference, there can be strange entries for the first game after this.

#131 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Ever since the UI 2.0 version, I'm getting a strange bug where the game only takes screenshots some of the time. I'm running windowed fullscreen mode which worked before.

Also is there a way to exclude the really weird "add up everything" games to the fired shots per weapon. I have a few outliers where it counted a lot of my games as one instance. This makes it hard to read the normal stats.

edit: one minor suggestion. Can you re-order the battlelog column so cbills and experience are together and total damage is next to weapon damage?

Oh and on the subject of balance there are a couple of ideas you might want to consider
1. Create an "Other" for damage. This is stuff like collision damage, artillery/airstrike, and ammo explosion. I can figure it out by subtracting from total damage, but would be nice to have its own category.

2. Create a % damage for individual weapon damage in the battle log. So if I do 50 damage with my ac/10 and 30 damage with my small lasers and 20 damage with an ammo explosion it would read say
Percent damage:
ac/10: 50%
SL : 30%
Other: 20%

It would just give you a more accurate idea of where you're getting your damage from.

Edited by Jman5, 08 February 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#132 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hi JMan,
Thanks for your feedback.

a ) hmm I'll play some games and take a close look into this, do you have noticed anything special like "it's always map XYZ" or "mostly if I loose?"
b ) Until the next version you can zoom into the graph (simply drag and drop the area you want to watch), I'll add a divide by game-counter so if you have played 4 games with total 40 shots it will be listed as 10. I'm dooing so on other graphs, simply forget to do so this time.
c ) should be no problem, I'll reorder them
d ) the "other" damage will be added, we thought about this several times, I don't know why this isn't done by me till now :D
e ) nice idea, I'll file an idea in the ticketsystem (https://sourceforge....ollect/tickets/)

Thanks, feel free to throw in other wishes and ideas :(

#133 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 08 February 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hi JMan,
Thanks for your feedback.

a ) hmm I'll play some games and take a close look into this, do you have noticed anything special like "it's always map XYZ" or "mostly if I loose?"

I can't pinpoint why it happens. I'll play River City night and get no screenshot. Then I'll play it again next game and the screenshot will take. I wonder if it's a lighting issue. I noticed when you first introduced screenshots when I changed gamma mid-game the screenshot did not take.

#134 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

One more suggestion. Can you record Average Damage Per mech as a line graph over time? Right now you have a graph that plots every damage per game for each mech, but it's hard to read trends from it. I would like to know if I'm getting better or worse when I change builds.

#135 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Unfortunately, it just isn't recording games for me anymore. I'm not alt-tabbing, I don't think. I noticed that it no longer auto-switches to the 'player stats' tab, so not sure if that's part of it.

#136 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Some routinequestions:
* you are running in window mode or full window not in fullscreen?
* are there any problems reported in the command-window?
* what's the resolution you are running mwo in?

#137 Shekky Thermopylae

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTorrance, CA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'm experiencing the same problems, I think. Using 1.5.1 and since UI 2.0, I have to manually hit the Raven after each match to get the stats to update, and it never took pictures of the screen at the end.

Running in Full Window mode, 1920x1200 resolution.

One thing I noticed is that Mechcollect _always_ says "Detected mainclient as been started." even when MWO isn't even running.

#138 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback, your resosolution might be the reason.
I'll create a new release containing some debugging tools where you can take screenshots with the points he is looking at painted into them.
We'll see if there is a glitch at finding them.
Sorry :/

#139 Lagit6

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

Really impressed with this sound great :) going to try it tonight.

#140 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 10 February 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Some routinequestions:
* you are running in window mode or full window not in fullscreen?
* are there any problems reported in the command-window?
* what's the resolution you are running mwo in?

Full Windowed mode
1920x1280
No problems in command window

I just hit the raven, and got a summary for yesterday. So I'll just refresh it inbetween matches and see what happens.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users