Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#301 akuul

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
    • No noticed change in FPS, but significant rubber banding and unresponsive behavior, only in multiplayer. Training grounds unaffected in any way. Multiplayer is significantly affected, very frustrating, enough to make me stop playing.
      • Zooming: Takes a few seconds to respond to zoom command, yet other gameplay seems to continue at normal FPS. After the delay, it's as if the queued zoom commands play in quick succession, and I get several repeated zoom-in-out cycles.
      • Movement: Warping 10s of meters
      • Firing Weapons: 1-3 second lag between fire command and actual response. Really noticeable with balistics. Lasers seem less affected.
      • Night Vision/ Heat Vision: Several second lag before enabling/disabling.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
    • Appears random.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
    • High. Did not change.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
    • i7-2600K CPU @ 4.40GHz
    • DDR3 8192 MBytes
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
    • 25Mbps / Northern Virginia

#302 Draconeran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 101 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontana, USA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostChaser187, on 02 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

7-10 FPS all the time since patch. unplayable! Plz help.

ATI Radeon
Core i5
4GB RAM
WIN 7

Same basic specs with same problems. I had configed myself up to 20 FPS before last two patches

View PostChaser187, on 02 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

7-10 FPS all the time since patch. unplayable! Plz help.

ATI Radeon
Core i5
4GB RAM
WIN 7

Same basic specs with same problems. I had configed myself up to 20 FPS before last two patches

#303 volks

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

The rubberbanding and control lag since the last patch have made the game nearly unplayable for me. Since this has been reported by multiple users, I'm assuming I can't add anything to help out technically. I guess I won't be playing until they fix it. I kind of feel ripped off since it's eating up the premium time I purchased while this issue is going on.

#304 ZBeren

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

• Very bad... I was fine at 50 fps and it kept going gradually lower over the last 4 patches, the last 2 being the worst (down to 15 and then 10). On top of that, I keep getting a bug that turns the screen into triangles/colors/lcd trip...
  • I get the triangles/lcd trip/colors bug when I'm fighting someone randomly, never when I'm just walking around. Whenever I use an alpha attack I go down to 1 fps and I'm forced to watch a slideshow. Whenever I turn thermal or night vision fps drop even more (down to 5).
  • They were the highest on the m18x, and mid on the x53sc. Both are now on minimum possible to no avail, tried all possible combos with settings to no avail.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • Menus get stuck at 23, gameplay averages 10 fps. I manage to stay around 20 fps on alpines and tourmaline.
  • Look out maxed out alienware m18x (dual 675m, 32 gb ram, i7-3940XM, etc...)
  • Look out asus x53sc specs + 4gb ram (one 520 MX, i5-2430M, 8 gb ram, etc...)
  • 100 mb / Panama (this has NEVER been an issue).
Edit:
Btw, whoever keeps saying updating graphic card drivers does ANYTHING really needs to shut up... If you're a lucky one, good for you, as for the rest of us, guess what?
Posted Image

Yet this:
Posted Image

still happens...

Edited by ZBeren, 08 April 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#305 Nighpher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBackwater planet

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I now disconnect almost every match. having a memory leak occurring. as well as ineradicable amount of textures missing from frozen city.

View PostZBeren, on 08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

• Very bad... I was fine at 50 fps and it kept going gradually lower over the last 4 patches, the last 2 being the worst (down to 15 and then 10). On top of that, I keep getting a bug that turns the screen into triangles/colors/lcd trip...
  • I get the triangles/lcd trip/colors bug when I'm fighting someone randomly, never when I'm just walking around. Whenever I use an alpha attack I go down to 1 fps and I'm forced to watch a slideshow. Whenever I turn thermal or night vision fps drop even more (down to 5).
  • They were the highest on the m18x, and mid on the x53sc. Both are now on minimum possible to no avail, tried all possible combos with settings to no avail.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • Menus get stuck at 23, gameplay averages 10 fps. I manage to stay around 20 fps on alpines and tourmaline.
  • Look out maxed out alienware m18x (dual 675m, 32 gb ram, i7-3940XM, etc...)
  • Look out asus x53sc specs + 4gb ram (one 520 MX, i5-2430M, 8 gb ram, etc...)
  • 100 mb / Panama (this has NEVER been an issue).
Edit:

Btw, whoever keeps saying updating graphic card drivers does ANYTHING really needs to shut up... If you're a lucky one, good for you, as for the rest of us, guess what?
Posted Image

Yet this:
Posted Image

still happens...

DUBSTEP MECHS!

#306 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Lost 5-10fps. Used to play arround 50-60 fps now its arround 40-50. Rubber banding is back.

i7 860K
ASUS Maximus 3 Gene
MSI GTX 580 Extreme Lightning Edition
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3
70Mbit cable.
Ping: ~100ms.

Ultra Settings.
2560x1440 Resolution

#307 Filter41

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

since last patch i had some freezes. around every 20th match... just freeze and hangtime. lost around 10 fps with the last patch. i am now at around 20fps. core2, ati hd4670, 4gb ddr3, win7 (1920x1080, low Detail)

Edited by Filter41, 09 April 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#308 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

Theory: There's a memory leak in some piece of code that gets used both on the client and the server. Running out of memory causes all kinds of stuff to happen on the client (fps drops, graphics/texture glitches, crashes), in the case of servers it leads to irresponsiveness, i.e. lost or severely delayed packets (-> teleportation, lag on server-side actions).

Apparently, this slipped in with the hotfix. Maybe they pulled the wrong patchset out of version control, kind of like it happened with the half-finished vision modes last patch. Maybe it's the half-finished ballistics "state rewind" this time.

Apropos, why the hell is switching zoom and vision modes a server-side action!?

Edited by pesco, 09 April 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#309 Yellowceta

Rookie

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

This thread is one of several pinned here that simply accumulates more and more posts by affected players, yet no response or assistance has been mentioned.

Well, I wanted to briefly share what improved my rubberbanding last night.

I turned off my second monitor and made sure my Windows 7 desktop resolution was the exact same as my full screen resolution in game, i.e. 1920 x 1200 for both. Now, previously, I had been unable to use ballistic weapons at all due to a 15 second delay from pulling the trigger to the weapon actually firing. PPC and lasers were around a 10s delay. Now, ballistics and energy weapons are USUALLY on par with standard delays associated with a 40ms ping. I still have slight rubberbanding that I haven't narrowed down to specific points, but the game is marginally playable again.

I hope this helps at least a few of you as I know how painful a thread like this is to read day in and day out waiting for a reply that helps resolve your issue(s).

Again, this is what has helped me and is not going to fix everything for everyone. Take it with a grain of salt.

#310 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Been testing around with in and out game video settings, certain game situations,... etc.

I simply do not find a rule that defines when the FPS drops. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But when it does it stays for the match,...

#311 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

I've stopped playing after this patch (the one with the new vision modes) - maybe 5-10 games total so far. I can barely target anything moving faster than a heavy.

FPS dropped from 16-20 to 8-12.

Uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers - no change.

Uninstalled and reinstalled MWO - no change.

i5-2520
4.0 GB RAM
32 bit OS

(Yeah, it's a POS laptop, but it used to be somewhat playable)

Edited by Kazly, 09 April 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#312 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Posting again.....PGI get off your @&#%'es and fix this. Have tried all reported fixes, no go. Running a professionally build gaming rig that runs all other games I try on or off line just fine. There is no FPS drop, no reduction of ping, no increased CPU load yet the game is rubberbanding so badly that half the time it's unplayable with up to a 20 sec delay. Are you guys checking the server resources to be sure there's not space issues, checking for mem leaks on your end, dropped packets (outside of your facility....) At least give us some friggin feedback, let us know something. The silent treatment is getting more than stale.

#313 Scope666

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBranchburg, NJ

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostRalatar, on 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Posting again.....PGI get off your @&#%'es and fix this. Have tried all reported fixes, no go. Running a professionally build gaming rig that runs all other games I try on or off line just fine. There is no FPS drop, no reduction of ping, no increased CPU load yet the game is rubberbanding so badly that half the time it's unplayable with up to a 20 sec delay. Are you guys checking the server resources to be sure there's not space issues, checking for mem leaks on your end, dropped packets (outside of your facility....) At least give us some friggin feedback, let us know something. The silent treatment is getting more than stale.

What I find disturbing is that there are hundreds of reports of rubber banding / delayed firing in this thread, yet PGI still hasn't admitted that there even is a problem. My pings are very low as I'm on the East Coast, yet I experience these issues EVERY match.

#314 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostScope666, on 09 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

What I find disturbing is that there are hundreds of reports of rubber banding / delayed firing in this thread, yet PGI still hasn't admitted that there even is a problem. My pings are very low as I'm on the East Coast, yet I experience these issues EVERY match.

Feeling ripped off, bought prem time for the weekend and not getting what I paid for and many have asked are we gonna get reimbursed for our time? No replies from PGI on that one either. Beta or not all of this is more than bad business.....

#315 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostScope666, on 09 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Same deal here. I do not understand why they can not offer some hint that they recognize an issue here and do or do not understand the cause.

#316 ZBeren

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postpesco, on 09 April 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

Theory: There's a memory leak in some piece of code that gets used both on the client and the server. Running out of memory causes all kinds of stuff to happen on the client (fps drops, graphics/texture glitches, crashes), in the case of servers it leads to irresponsiveness, i.e. lost or severely delayed packets (-> teleportation, lag on server-side actions).

Apparently, this slipped in with the hotfix. Maybe they pulled the wrong patchset out of version control, kind of like it happened with the half-finished vision modes last patch. Maybe it's the half-finished ballistics "state rewind" this time.

Apropos, why the hell is switching zoom and vision modes a server-side action!?

This happened to Jagex couple of years go, they went through almost everything to attempt to fix the constant fps drop, at the end someone suggested it was a memory leak issue, turned out it was and it took just one day to fix it.

I've also noticed the kaleidoscope bug only ever happens when someone is fighting, so I'm guessing there's a weapon who triggers it and I'm guessing it's a ballistic one; I'm 99.9% sure every single time the bug triggers I hear some sort of balistic weapon around, in fact, the very few times the bug triggered without me fighting, was because someone was shooting a ballistic weapon in the background.

View PostBuehgler, on 09 April 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Same deal here. I do not understand why they can not offer some hint that they recognize an issue here and do or do not understand the cause.

I still hope it isn't because they simply don't know... This company is quite new, it's way too soon for it to reach the same level of incompetence as certain publishers and developers that I won't mention, but they went as far as being incometent enough to don't even recognize the issue...

Edited by ZBeren, 09 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#317 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

If its a ballistic weapon it is NOT the Ac2, i fire over 600 rounds of the thing in very rapid macro'd succession over the course of match and it doesnt trigger it.

i do get the bug now and then though.

#318 BlackYoshi1230

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

1. Being a crap laptop owner who played this game at 15 to 20 FPS (otherwise 20 to 30 on Alpine or Tourmaline) on competely low settings, I'm afraid to say that my framerate dropped to 10 FPS, making the game damn near unplayable. (I don't have as much ping or delay firing my weapons, however my overall situational responsiveness has been reduced to a brick.)

2. Usually slows down a bit during combat phase / when I am facing a Mech.

3. Video settings are on low. Nothing changed.

4. 10 to 15 FPS menu, 8 to 12 in-game currently.

Spoiler

6. 10 MBit/sec advertised connection speed, California

Edited by BlackYoshi1230, 09 April 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#319 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I Was Getting 20-30 FPS Before, The Higher End on Bigger maps like Alpine and Tourmaline, Now it's down to around 6-8 and seemingly random Spikes up to 12-13. Not sure on the Difference on Ping, Not too worried on That. as for internet connection, Here is a Speedtest I just done: Posted Image

My Specs: http://www.acer.ca/a...et/LX.RNT02.132
Acer Aspire 5560-7679
Windows 7 64 Bit
AMD A6-3420M Quad Core Processor @1.5GHz (2.4GHz Turbo Mode),4MB Cache, 64 Bit Processing, A60M Chipset
6GB DDR3-1066/PC3-8500 Ram (8GB Max)
500GB S-ATA HDD @5400RPM
Radeon HD 6520G Graphics Controller with Shared Memory (3GB I Think)

Edited by Lord Letto, 09 April 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#320 DesertRat

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Postvolks, on 08 April 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

The rubberbanding and control lag since the last patch have made the game nearly unplayable for me. Since this has been reported by multiple users, I'm assuming I can't add anything to help out technically. I guess I won't be playing until they fix it. I kind of feel ripped off since it's eating up the premium time I purchased while this issue is going on.

This.

It's very hard to fight when the lagg on your firing isn't even remotely predictable, and controls like zoom, etc. just refuse to respond. I'm also rubberbanding a ton. My ping is usually 90-120ms, and I'd not had issues like this until this patch.

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users