Annoucing the Razer Artemis!

345 replies to this topic

#201 Monte0704

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

I love Razer. They have really step up their game lately and moved ahead as a leader in PC peripherals.
All of my cords are braided and super strong.
My keyboard is 4 years old, and my mouse is 3 years old. I have yet to have any kind of issue with either one of them.
My mother even typed on the Razer Lycosa and then went and bought one for her work.

All of my gaming gear is Razer brand except for my headset. That is Corsair. I have never been a huge fan of Logitech, though.

Long story short? The Artemis is on my list :)

#202 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

My thoughts on this product:

My personally favored control scheme is Joystick-Mouse. For this purpose I use my old favorite 'Mech stick, the Logitech Ext. 3D Pro, and my ambi gaming mouse the Razer Lachesis. Purchasing the new stick and key pad aren't terribly interesting to me because they do not appear to offer configuration options flexible enough to provide the type of control I like.

I can't help but notice images of multiple USB ports on the rear of some parts of the equipment. My ability to use the SCREEN with my current setup as an additional situational awareness/immersion tool would be AWESOME! I would even go so far to say that I would dump $100 on the screen, more if it included touch functionality.

I think the more flexibility options we have for our controls the greater value any type of peripheral will have to the player. Forinstance, my Logitech stick has a throttle imbedded in the base. I use only one hand on that stick, as my other is on my mouse, and so I am not able to very efficiently operate that throttle. The stick controls most of my primary 'Mech functions including maneuvering tools and fire control group hotkeys. The thumb throttle on the keypad would be useful, but it would sacrifice my other options. I would much rather be able to assign throttle control to my Y-axis than buy a new peripheral and potentially lose performance.

It definitely looks great! That's a plus.

Edited by TrentTheWanderer, 08 June 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#203 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

The game runs very well as is with keyboard and mouse. With a programmable mouse you have everything you need.

#204 Caffeine

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNew york

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

OK someone gimme that RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!

#205 KitLightning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

Now I'll just wait for the announcement of the future version sporting a placement for the hula version of *CENSORED* in a bunny suit to fit on the Razer Artemis, and it'll be darn near perfect besides the missing cup-holder for the RUM!

#206 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

needs a force feed back hula-girl to make it really worth while ... ;)

#207 Scar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostBluey, on 08 June 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Hello to all MR Negativities ..... Stop whining it looks amazing.

Yeah, it looks amazing - place it on the shelf and play MWO with something more suitable for Mech piloting.

#208 Jelik

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

Lord help my bank balance. And anything that can be pawned. Who needs chairs when you have a comfy mech cockpit?

#209 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

My feedback/suggestions in really short bullet points (sorry!):

The way I see it, the current concept is too inflexible for many people. Bluntly, a Logitech G940 looks like much better value, guessing the price will be comparable.

* Make parts separable so people can arrange them how they like.
* Connect parts with USB, make it possible to use them individually.
* If you wanna be serious about it, offer pedals.
* Put a 4-way-hat or analog stick on the throttle for steering.
* Make the throttle a real throttle. Sacrifice some of the keys to make room.
* Put some of those nice mechanical keys on the side of the display.
* Not sure if this is a "duh", but don't put a twist axis on the stick.
* Last but not least: OMG make sure that stick is the most precise thing on the planet. The only good deadzone is a zero deadzone.

#210 Megaton

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Don't have any experience with Razer, but hope it is a quality product, cuz it looks intriguing. Agree that logitech would push me towards a purchase with little extra thought ....

View Postpesco, on 09 June 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

My feedback/suggestions in really short bullet points (sorry!):

The way I see it, the current concept is too inflexible for many people. Bluntly, a Logitech G940 looks like much better value, guessing the price will be comparable.

* Make parts separable so people can arrange them how they like.
* Connect parts with USB, make it possible to use them individually.
* If you wanna be serious about it, offer pedals.
* Put a 4-way-hat or analog stick on the throttle for steering.
* Make the throttle a real throttle. Sacrifice some of the keys to make room.
* Put some of those nice mechanical keys on the side of the display.
* Not sure if this is a "duh", but don't put a twist axis on the stick.
* Last but not least: OMG make sure that stick is the most precise thing on the planet. The only good deadzone is a zero deadzone.

Agree ... the deadzone is key to acceptable performance. Great suggestions Pesco!

#211 FuRiLA

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Should have teamed up with ThrustMaster... for the high-end flight stick, throttle, and foot pedals!

#212 Skoll Lokeson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationMalmö

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 05 June 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Sorry but the Artemis was doomed to be a failure the moment you selected Razer to be the manufacturer.
Their cords are low quality so they go kaputt for no real reason. Their trackrecord on quality, service and sincerity towards their customers is downright abyssmal.

I bought an Razer Onza controller for my 360, the one that has a Battlefield 3 edition. The left trigger had a glitch so I couldn't use it for any shooter that used the left trigger for ADS (including Battlefied 3)... the irony.

I'll wait and see what other people think about it before I even consider buying this.

#213 Garemie

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

This actually looks pretty impressive in my opinion. I was planning on getting some CH Products gear but after seeing this, I may have changed my mind.

We'll see once I see the price ^_^

#214 Zezel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Rather use my Saitek X52 Pro than spend money on a controller designed for a game I can't get a beta invite for.

#215 Sprayed

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Any word on what the price point will be?

#216 Daisu Saikoro

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's good to see products and awareness coming out in relation to the platform.

View PostZezel, on 10 June 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

Rather use my Saitek X52 Pro than spend money on a controller designed for a game I can't get a beta invite for.

Hug. Not everyone can get an invite. All things in due time.

#217 5th tier

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

looks at trailer "awesome must get"

looks at keyboard "darn left hand user"

#218 Zezel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro Nagasawa, on 10 June 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

It's good to see products and awareness coming out in relation to the platform.

Hug. Not everyone can get an invite. All things in due time.

I agree, this is Beta test right? Wonder how many players are running ATI Crossfire setup?

My bet is on very few, but we wouldn't want "that person" in on the Beta test.

Like I said is this Beta testing or let's have our buddies play for free?

Read my CPU-Z

Edited by Zezel, 10 June 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#219 Cergorach

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationZeewolde, The Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

A couple of things need to happen before I'll even consider buying such a thing:

1.) Need to play the actual MWO game and it needs to be fun.
2.) MWO needs to be a title that will continue to be fun for a long time, so I'll need to log some decent hours on MWO to evaluate that.
3.) How do Josticks play with MWO, especially the Artemis. I'll need to read multiple user experiences and a couple of reviews.
4.) How does the Artemis compare to the competition.
5.) Price vs. features, I don't mind paying a premium for quality and features.

Cons from what I see of the Artemis:
1.) Joystick is very high and I suspect ergonomically painful, especially because it's directly attached to the rest of the setup.
2.) Crappy/tiny looking throtle, I really want one of those big ones used in flight sims.

Sidenotes:
1.) While I have no experience with Razor, I'm getting mixed signals, some say crappy quality, others say way better then Logitech. This MWO controller could be better then their usual stuff or way worse, maybe we should wait on multiple reviews before praising/condemming the thing.
2.) I have a good experience with Logitech (G5, G15, G35), certainly not perfect with the G35, but their service was excellent when they could fix an issue (in this case replacing the product with a new one).
3.) When I look at Flight sim sets and the Artemis also sporting a display (touch?) I suspect a price closer (or over) to $500 and not $200-$300.

#220 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPasadena, California

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Will saitech flight control systems be supported?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users