Could you please edit the OP? :)

Grats to all winners.

#42 Noober

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Well done all! I had a great time playing.

I can't see the leaderboard in this post, but it is visible here:

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Looks like its been amended to remove the offending player(s) too.

I don't suppose there'll be player stats released? I did enjoy being able to do a "post mortem" in previous tourneys - comparing ranked players in different ways:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1964502

#43 SLCdriver

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

can we see the mechs and loadouts used by the winners? some of us are still trying to fine tune. Well that and we don't pick the best mechs to start with either :)

#44 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

I dabbled in the tournament and had a great time. Congratulations to all the winners!

#45 gbrown

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostMightyMaxyPad, on 07 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks the same guy winning both medium and heavy every single day is a bit suspect???

I've played on the same team, in "Teamspeak" with several of the winners including Koreanese and they really are just that good. Koreanese has several videos out showing tactics he uses and they work. Just like anything else in life some people have more natural ability than others or work harder to learn how to improve their performances and I willingly admit that they are better at this than I am. While many egos were probably bruised in this tourney, it is a shame that some people can't applaud when someone else does well. Congrats Koreanese!

#46 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

@Noober

Here are my stats for the week:

Matches: 386
Wins: 252
Losses: 134
Winning Percentage: 65.28%

Kills: 778
Deaths: 120
K/D Ratio: 6.48
Crashes: 24 (# after I started keeping track, there were more)

If you consider the amount of crashes and HUD bugs, the numbers aren't that bad. Remove the twenty-four "non-matches" or deaths due to crashes and I played at a 8-to-9 K/D ratio; which is comparable to playing with a unit pre-made. Win/Loss ratio, on the other hand, was about ten percent worse than playing grouped.

#47 MrTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Grats guys!! :D

Now I know who to hunt on the battle field to get my hands on there hula girl once I salvage there mech! :) *Hand Pyramid of Evil*

#48 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 06 May 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Koreanese should be able to load all of his cockpit items all at once just for the sheer awesomeness of all that swag.

NO!!!!

His cockpit is starting to look like my desk at home, soon he will not be able to view out..... wait.. go ahead and give him ALL the extra stuff. He will be chasing and playing with them instead of aiming at others :)

#49 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostSLCdriver, on 07 May 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

can we see the mechs and loadouts used by the winners? some of us are still trying to fine tune. Well that and we don't pick the best mechs to start with either :)

My 4P: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...94136b6ade84044

It's half a ton underweight yet nothing can improve on this.

Koreanese builds: https://www.youtube....d&v=GjqaGK5E5AM

#50 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

It was a blast to try to keep up with Hobo, Edmiester and Banananutmuffins during thos tourney in my Jenner. Tho it was MinMaxing at its finest, skill was needed to do the things those guys have done. The Guy that got caught betraying the game got banned from the tournament, so PGI did a good job in this case.
Unfortunately i was only able to get up to 6th place in overall, but it was still pretty hard to get there :)

Im looking forward to the next tournament...

#51 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostKoreanese, on 06 May 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

looks like this is what everyone wants me to do, and I will participate on the next tourney, except I prob play 1 category. 2 category is too damn stressful

Do whatever you want, Koreanese. Don't let the illegitimus drag you down. There will always be haters. Heck, I'm kind of jealous of the 42+ million c-bills and 5,000 MC you amassed. :)

#52 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

I was very pleased to play against many of you in the tournament, perhaps even totally ruining a match or two for you guys ;)

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and was very impressed by the quality of play I saw.

Having been both on Koreanese's (wow) team and against him, I can say that it's intimidating either way ;) I played with and against many others too, and one thing you guys are proving is that I can't predict which damn Mech will win every weight class ;)

#53 Lucky 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 May 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I was very pleased to play against many of you in the tournament, perhaps even totally ruining a match or two for you guys ;)

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and was very impressed by the quality of play I saw.

Having been both on Koreanese's (wow) team and against him, I can say that it's intimidating either way ;) I played with and against many others too, and one thing you guys are proving is that I can't predict which damn Mech will win every weight class ;)

And with that being sad, you fix the OP? :-)

#54 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 May 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

(...) one thing you guys are proving is that I can't predict which damn Mech will win every weight class ;)

So what did you predict then? ;)

#55 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Medium - How could a Cicada not win?

#56 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Day 1, 6th place lights, nothing but small pulse las. Awwwwwwwwww yea.

#57 Scott Decoy Stone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 106 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationhonolulu, hi

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

well, i've seen most of the winners in game multiple times. i guess that's good news for my elo score right? lol.

#58 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Garth, i played only for 1 day, pugging for 7 days is something i just don't like!

Btw, you forgot Eclisse in your list in the OP, i noticed that now! ( he's in my unit ;) )

Regards.

w00tzor

#59 ChaiXuan

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

my first tourney and i had a blast. Congratulations to all opted in and to the winners as well. one thing i did learn to do is always watch the people with which i drop into a PUG with extreme prejudice.

Edited by ChaiXuan, 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#60 F A T b o y

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Now that the results got published - I have a question concerning the prizes. Top 5 of the day and top 20 of the week are supposed to win prizes - right? Top 20 of the week win 2.500MC? Or just 1st place?!

Did I get something wrong? I would be happy for feedback ;)

Edited by F A T b o y, 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users