#381 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostParduke, on 15 June 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm just bummed about the complete lack of variability in this chassis. Sarna link: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Quickdraw With the announced variants as the 4G, 4H and 5K and the lack of rear firing weapons in game the 4G and 4H are identical while the 5K just loses a missile slot to gain 2 energy and throws in DHS and Ferro-fibrous to cost more. Sure I'll be putting in DHS anyhow but then I'll have to pay extra to remove Ferro and replace with Endo (better weight to crit slot savings) Not saying I'm not gonna play it, just whish that they had taken some creative licensing to introduce some more variation (ie a ballistic slot)

Well since you can already run most dragons with Endo and FF and since the QD dont have balistics (alot of crit slots are unused then) I think its safe to assume you can keep FF and add Endo and still make reasonable builds.

#382 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm just bummed about the complete lack of variability in this chassis. Sarna link: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Quickdraw With the announced variants as the 4G, 4H and 5K and the lack of rear firing weapons in game the 4G and 4H are identical while the 5K just loses a missile slot to gain 2 energy and throws in DHS and Ferro-fibrous to cost more. Sure I'll be putting in DHS anyhow but then I'll have to pay extra to remove Ferro and replace with Endo (better weight to crit slot savings) Not saying I'm not gonna play it, just whish that they had taken some creative licensing to introduce some more variation (ie a ballistic slot)

Well, they could save the ballistic slots for the Hero version (much as they did for "Misery" versus the other Stalker variants)... :huh:

#383 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

any chance of a Ballistic weapon happens around 3062, and its a handheld weapon afaik.

#384 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 15 June 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

any chance of a Ballistic weapon happens around 3062, and its a handheld weapon afaik.

For the canonical variants, it's 3073 with the QKD-8X (with its hand-held ballistic weapon).

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 June 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

QKD-8X makes its debut in 3073.

Also, a hand-held AC/20 would weigh a minimum of 15 tons (14 tons for the gun, plus (at least) 1 ton for ammo), or more if one wanted additional ammo or any armor to protect the assembly.

The Quickdraw, as a 60-ton 'Mech, could only lift up to 6 tons, or up to 12 tons if (like the QKD-8X) outfitted with TSM; "Per the ’Mech Lifting Capabilities rule, a ProtoMech or ’Mech unit may only carry a single Handheld Weapon that weighs up to 10 percent of the unit’s own total weight (20 percent, if the unit mounts operating Triple-Strength Myomer)".
It wouldn't be able to carry an AC/20, in any case.

Alternatively, a Hero loadout could be made to carry a ballistic weapon. :huh:

#385 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

There will be slight variability, usually except in rare cases (Hunchback 4P example) Mechs gain a bonus hardpoint or two above stock so I expect all Quickdraws to have 7-8 hardpoints, above the stock 6. What those are is anyone's guess right now though I don't expect Ballistic to be among them. Between the 4G and 4H, I figure one will be more Missile and the other Energy, not sure where the 5K will fit.

If it were me, I would add Energy to the 5K making it Energy focused,
add Missile to one of the 4 models for Missile focus,
and the last would be between those.

Even with that, I can see where you are coming from.

#386 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

I would love to see ECM as an option for one of the variants.

#387 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostCrypt0Kn1ght, on 16 June 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

I would love to see ECM as an option for one of the variants.

that's the QKD-5Mr. that's the variant I hoped would have been selected, but there is no targeting computer in the timeline yet!

Edited by SgtMagor, 16 June 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#388 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 16 June 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

that's the QKD-5Mr. that's the variant I hoped would have been selected, but there is no targeting computer in the timeline yet!

It's not because of some silly targetting computer, the variant is from the Jihad (3070)... if you're hoping for mechs from that era, you might as well hope for Celestials.

#389 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Just watched NGNG sneak peak on Quickdraw... just lame.

4G - 4E, 2M. Just enough for stock loadout. But OMG, it stock mounts 5 JJs, but can mount 7... could you imagine smebody doing this (given that QDR is the lightest mech to mount 1 ton Class III jump jets).
4H - 4E, 3M. Extra missile hardpoint (it will be fun if they will place it... in CT), up to 5 JJs.
5K - 6E, 1M. Just enough for stock loadout again, up to 5 JJs.

No ECM was mentioned.

So looks like we've got "worse" variant again. Even worse, unlike STK variants, Quickdraw have only three, so we'll have to master 4G (unless you're ready to spend when/if Hero QDR shows up).

#390 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostMorang, on 17 June 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Just watched NGNG sneak peak on Quickdraw... just lame.

4G - 4E, 2M. Just enough for stock loadout. But OMG, it stock mounts 5 JJs, but can mount 7... could you imagine smebody doing this (given that QDR is the lightest mech to mount 1 ton Class III jump jets).
4H - 4E, 3M. Extra missile hardpoint (it will be fun if they will place it... in CT), up to 5 JJs.
5K - 6E, 1M. Just enough for stock loadout again, up to 5 JJs.

No ECM was mentioned.

So looks like we've got "worse" variant again. Even worse, unlike STK variants, Quickdraw have only three, so we'll have to master 4G (unless you're ready to spend when/if Hero QDR shows up).

Where does one find this NGNG sneak peek? ;)

#391 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 17 June 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Where does one find this NGNG sneak peek? ;)

Youtube

#392 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Thats the sneak peek video.

Edited by 0okami, 17 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#393 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

No ECM makes Outlaw a sad panda

Honestly PGI if you are going to make a bunch of non-canon variations on a single variant of the Highlander you could have at least created a variation of the canon variants of the Quickdraw.

Edited by Outlaw, 17 June 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#394 Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Cool a awesome mech was sidelined for one of the lamest mechs in battletech. GG. GG.

#395 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

No ECM makes Outlaw a sad panda

Honestly PGI if you are going to make a bunch of non-canon variations on a single variant of the Highlander you could have at least created a variation of the canon variants of the Quickdraw.

Posted Image

The mech actually looks pretty cool in-game. The concept art not so much for some reason. D:

#396 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

I like the mech overall, but theres no reason to give us another 60 tonner unless it has something that other heavies do not, and that in my mind would be the utility of ECM finally giving each weight class at least one mech capable of mounting it.

#397 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

None of the non-hero variants is made up.

Just find the P and C on teh Master unit List. :(

#398 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

The items listed in 3039 are considered Field Modifications, so if you want to go that route there should be a lot more variants of each of the mechs in MWO.

Edited by Outlaw, 17 June 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#399 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

A JJ Heavy that can go close to 100kph, which would make arm weapons essential to keep up with all the movement this mech can do, get a massive 2 hardpoints in the arms. Everything else is in the torso, which will severely decrease your possibilities to firing while moving at full speed and jumping around. Just terrible.

#400 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Bahahahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users