Came up with this for giggles

SHD-2H

#42 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

most people are going to run streaks, Gauss or AC 20, and ER large laser.

Other packages include ER PPC, ER large laser, LRM 5, 2 LRM 15, 3 MG for close range. Though if your enemy gets to close range 3 MG are not going to help you much.

The head missiles slot is what messes things up not much you can put there LRM 5, Streak 2, SRM 2 or SRM 4

#43 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Similar to a previous build, but with an XL 280 instead of a XL 300 so a Beagle can be put in to deal with ECM lights.

SHD-2H

#44 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

XL engines make Shadow Hawk sad.

Behold:

SHD-2H Trololololo

You are a Streak delivery system for uppity Lights.

Edited by Ialdabaoth, 04 July 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#45 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Why do you have 2 CASE's in locations without ammo? Throwing away a perfectly good ton there.

#46 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 July 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Why do you have 2 CASE's in locations without ammo? Throwing away a perfectly good ton there.

The ammo's in the legs. Putting CASE in the torso means that even if I get legged on one side, the resulting explosion will only be an inconvenience.

#47 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostIaldabaoth, on 04 July 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

The ammo's in the legs. Putting CASE in the torso means that even if I get legged on one side, the resulting explosion will only be an inconvenience.
that's not how case works.

It has to be in the same location as the ammo, its useless when ammo is in your legs. Or arms for that matter.

CASE prevents an ammo explosion in your side torso from damaging your center torso, it doesn't protect your side torso at all. Hence why CASE is useless with XL engines, and with ammo in your arms and legs.

#48 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 July 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

that's not how case works.

It has to be in the same location as the ammo, its useless when ammo is in your legs. Or arms for that matter.

CASE prevents an ammo explosion in your side torso from damaging your center torso, it doesn't protect your side torso at all. Hence why CASE is useless with XL engines, and with ammo in your arms and legs.

Fixed!

#49 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Came up with a build that I hope would make a nice support brawler: SHD-2H

Not quite enough punch to take something head on at the beginning, but it's great for supporting at range before quickly moving in to tear its target apart.

#50 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 26 June 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

It's a lets-embarass-the-HBK-4G-pilots mech.

You give up two energy hardpoints (though one's crappy and stuck in the head) for 3 missile (with one crappy head slot as well) - current SRM meh-ness aside, that's a pretty damn good trade right there.

Then add in no huge hunch, jump jets, and 5 extra tons of awesome? Poor hunchie.

What I'm liking is it's going to give the type of play you can get from Quickdraws and Dragons, but very importantly in a Medium slot. You'll be giving your opposing team another medium, instead of say a AC40 Jag or what have you when you take one of the light-heavies.
I've determined that Elo is a myth, weight class matching a fantasy.The Matchmaker algorithm is entirely a function of pure spite and malice.

Irony?

#51 Lyoncet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostGigastrike, on 05 July 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Came up with a build that I hope would make a nice support brawler: SHD-2H

Not quite enough punch to take something head on at the beginning, but it's great for supporting at range before quickly moving in to tear its target apart.

I like this, since it's a little out-there (and I love some ronin builds). But I think you've sacrificed too much to cram those two gigantic weapons in. Unless the size, hitboxes, or quirk end up upsetting the balance, you're basically just piloting a Victor with a fraction if the firepower. That thing can run an AC/20 with almost twice the ammo, and 2 ERPPC plus full jets, 2 more DHS, and 158 more armor. All while losing only 3 km/h.

#52 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

I don't really like the hardpoints of the "founder" version shadowhawk, but I'm looking forward for the other versions

#53 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostLyoncet, on 05 July 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

I like this, since it's a little out-there (and I love some ronin builds). But I think you've sacrificed too much to cram those two gigantic weapons in. Unless the size, hitboxes, or quirk end up upsetting the balance, you're basically just piloting a Victor with a fraction if the firepower. That thing can run an AC/20 with almost twice the ammo, and 2 ERPPC plus full jets, 2 more DHS, and 158 more armor. All while losing only 3 km/h.

The Victor can only run what you say it can with an XL engine. Otherwise, it actually carries less firepower for the speed, and only makes up for it with more armor (which will be itself offset by larger hitboxes). And even then it doesn't fill exactly the same role.

#54 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

The mech in itself has some very nice hardpoint layouts to fiddle round with, but I can´t really say anything about it until we all playtested the hell out of it ^^

*sits back and awaits them goodies*

#55 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

gonna try this one first. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...509a15455057545

#56 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Playing with the Mechlab and I'm a little excited about this mech.
Here's a build I am toying with - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2b8dafee79aff93
The Skirmisher:
3 MG
1 LLaser
2x SRM6 and 1x SRM4
XL300
3x JJ
DSH, ES
97.2kph with boost.

Has max armour except for the legs.
I'm imagining this being a mech that would sit back, using LLaser for long range, then jump in after the heavy/assaults have engaged, hopefully getting a rear shot the SRM16 and MG.

Of course, it'd have to be handled well and kept out of the meatgrinder with the XL engine.

Thoughts?

J2L

#57 J I N

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostJohnny Two Legs, on 18 July 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Playing with the Mechlab and I'm a little excited about this mech.
Here's a build I am toying with - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2b8dafee79aff93
The Skirmisher:
3 MG
1 LLaser
2x SRM6 and 1x SRM4
XL300
3x JJ
DSH, ES
97.2kph with boost.

Has max armour except for the legs.
I'm imagining this being a mech that would sit back, using LLaser for long range, then jump in after the heavy/assaults have engaged, hopefully getting a rear shot the SRM16 and MG.

Of course, it'd have to be handled well and kept out of the meatgrinder with the XL engine.

Thoughts?

J2L

I don't think that it will work, as you imagine.
1. A LL is not a long range weapon... more of a medium range, so you won't do much until the enemy gets close. Lasers tend to spread damage... most enemys won't recognize one LL most of the time.
2. You will fire two volleys of SRM, which will cause you to miss with many of them in a moving brawl. (yeah sometimes you will hit an Atlas in the back and this will be great... but against anything moving 70kph+ you won't do good... i saw this very often) And the SRM6 spreads relatively wide, so I would try to go for 2x SRM4 and 1x SRM2 to deliver one volley without too much spread and 3t less weight. Kind of a hit&run idea.
--> If you are able to handle the double volley, forget what I said. Otherwise I know that there are many people, who try to get a high alpha count, but simply can't deliver the damage to a target. :P

Maybe my idea for such a build, would look like this: SHD-2H

#58 Lyoncet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostJIN1987, on 22 July 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Good advice and a solid build. But two things. One, I find that if you're going for SRM 2s, you may as well go Streaks. Even if they nerfed them, the extra half ton isn't hard to come by and is a decent boost to your functional DPS and heat efficiency. Two, your build has a half-ton free already in that you're using both C.A.S.E. and an XL engine. If your side torso goes down you're toast anyways, so C.A.S.E. will literally do nothing.

Seems decent overall though. I also wonder if maybe you'd be better off dropping a heat sink and going down to a normal LLAS, since a single LLAS isn't much of a contribution at long ranges anyways, and you'd usually be better off trying to get closer than trying to get potshots. And you may be a little short on MG ammo since you're pretty fast and won't have much trouble getting in range.

#59 J I N

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostLyoncet, on 23 July 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Good advice and a solid build. But two things. One, I find that if you're going for SRM 2s, you may as well go Streaks. Even if they nerfed them, the extra half ton isn't hard to come by and is a decent boost to your functional DPS and heat efficiency. Two, your build has a half-ton free already in that you're using both C.A.S.E. and an XL engine. If your side torso goes down you're toast anyways, so C.A.S.E. will literally do nothing.

Seems decent overall though. I also wonder if maybe you'd be better off dropping a heat sink and going down to a normal LLAS, since a single LLAS isn't much of a contribution at long ranges anyways, and you'd usually be better off trying to get closer than trying to get potshots. And you may be a little short on MG ammo since you're pretty fast and won't have much trouble getting in range.

Ah you are totally right about Case... I tried to keep his idea of playing the mech, so I took the ERLL for long range fire ;)
For the same reason I kept the SRMs. And I think that aiming them is quite easy right now, so even a zombie could cause some damage with the SRM2... and the damage could be aimed, instead of spreading it all over without any controle.
--> I'm not sure how much MG ammo is needed... don't have a mech that uses them...^^

My brawling SHD-2H would be more focused on suvivability with a STD engine.
I don't like SSRM very much right now and the new SRMs are quite good... so I will use them. (And I expect that there will be enought Shadowhawks with 3x SSRM and a XL engine out there^^)
Dakka all over and try to focus with the LPL and SRM seems to be a good idea right now. ;)

Edited by JIN1987, 23 July 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#60 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostJIN1987, on 22 July 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

I don't think that it will work, as you imagine.
1. A LL is not a long range weapon... more of a medium range, so you won't do much until the enemy gets close. Lasers tend to spread damage... most enemys won't recognize one LL most of the time.
2. You will fire two volleys of SRM, which will cause you to miss with many of them in a moving brawl. (yeah sometimes you will hit an Atlas in the back and this will be great... but against anything moving 70kph+ you won't do good... i saw this very often) And the SRM6 spreads relatively wide, so I would try to go for 2x SRM4 and 1x SRM2 to deliver one volley without too much spread and 3t less weight. Kind of a hit&run idea.
--> If you are able to handle the double volley, forget what I said. Otherwise I know that there are many people, who try to get a high alpha count, but simply can't deliver the damage to a target. :ph34r:

Not too sure what you mean by the volleys - why would they fire at separate times unless you deliberately stagger the firing sequence?
I have reduced the SRM6's to 4's in light of my experience with SRM's, as well as upped the DHS count and exchanged the LL for a ERLL.

I don't see the benefit of upping the XL engine to one that large, the 300 provide decent enough speed and this build means i run (fairly) cool, don't waste CASE on side torso, and still hit pretty hard with 3 SRM4's and doing crits with the 3xMG's.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0aa0d52867a9ad2

Thoughts?

J2L
*Kinda excited by this mech actually!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users