12V12 Public Test Live Tomorrow (11Th Of July)!

392 replies to this topic

#121 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hey everyone... I just wanna play because I like to play. 12 vs. 12 sounds exciting, I hope it's worth the delay.

#122 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 10 July 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Anyone actually tried to get into the Mechlab on the Test build ? Getting told "This account is not authorized" ... am I too eager here , or what ?

Yeah... you're too eager. They will allow logins only during the Scheduled test Times. That's when you will have a facsimile of your profile made available to tinker with, and after testing time is over they will wipe/delete any changes made to your account during test time.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 July 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#123 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 10 July 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Yeah... you're too eager. They will allow logins only during the Scheduled test Times. That's when you will have a facsimile of your profile made available to tinker with, and after testing time is over they will wipe/delete any changes made to your account during test time.

Thanks for the answer !
Arrrr, I suspected as much but wanted to go ahead and at least have all my settings ready for when the time is actually there.
Well then, patience it is until then.

#124 KiXneeL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

best birthday present out of all of em! thanks pgi ;)

#125 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Loadtesting and code testing are fine and all, and in that regard I'm happy to see it tested, but if you release 12vs12 before implementing actual limitation on numbers of chassis size tiers, (Namely, reigning in the assault-stacking and returning mediums as the most commonly fielded mech) light and medium gameplay will suffer twofold what it currently suffers. This can only promote further weight-stacking in a meta where mediums and lights have clear disadvantages due to a lack of size moderation.

There are far too many problems with the code, weapon balancing and weight balancing to even vaguely consider 12vs12 a good idea at this stage of development.

This is not BattleTech, right now. This is the BT equivalent of a cheap, poorly designed knockoff with little to few balance or competitive merits. I love the concept behind this game and I have made my fair share of paid contributions, but I will not continue to play after the full release if the weight, convergence and performance issues remain as are. This game cannot be considered either complete or balanced while the only way to competitively play without massive effort is as much armor and as many AC20s/PPCs/Streaks/LRMs as you can manage to jam onto something.

You're a smart guy, Paul. Do the fracking math.

Edited by TheFlyingScotsman, 10 July 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#126 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Good hunting to those that will be participating while I do the day job thing.

#127 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

I was able to play a few match already and this is what happened once: http://bit.ly/MWO-12LC ;)

#128 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostRhialto, on 10 July 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I was able to play a few match already and this is what happened once: http://bit.ly/MWO-12LC :o

xD
I guess that was a match with 12 Jenners in one team ;)?

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#129 torabayashi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

While this is nice to have, I've seen two glaring issues in the patcher already.

1] Once you've opened the patcher the only way of knowing whether running the test version or not is the tiny version number up in the corner. Simply replacing the "Beta" tag on the header with "Test" or something similar would fix this easily.

More importantly:

2] The "Server Status" indicator is still pinging the regular servers, showing them as online. This is going to cause no end of frustration and confusion for players, especially those who don't check the forums on a regular basis or read the posts thoroughly.

#130 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Any one else think its kind of weird that they only got like 6 testing slots for 12v12? Does that mean they are confident in it? Or does it mean that its going to be rough? Also looking at the testing dates we got one week to play with for 12v12 to actually got live in july other wise it dips into august.

#131 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Posttorabayashi, on 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

While this is nice to have, I've seen two glaring issues in the patcher already.

1] Once you've opened the patcher the only way of knowing whether running the test version or not is the tiny version number up in the corner. Simply replacing the "Beta" tag on the header with "Test" or something similar would fix this easily.

More importantly:

2] The "Server Status" indicator is still pinging the regular servers, showing them as online. This is going to cause no end of frustration and confusion for players, especially those who don't check the forums on a regular basis or read the posts thoroughly.

By default, the public test program launcher has a different name on your desktop. The regular Launcher is called MechWarrior: Online and the other Launcher icon is titled MWO Public Test. That might help some. The icon looks the same... but at least it is titled differently. And there is that little tag in the upper-left.

At least they didn't have to chuck a bunch of resources at making a significantly different client to host the public tests. The mirror-client will keep any test changes safe from messing up your Live client which will let them manipulate some game files without risking corruption, while not requiring a full re-working of the UI.

If it does look too similar, then we can leave feedback in the Public Test Feedback section and make that point to them.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#132 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 July 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Public testing on my birthday! Woot!

Happy Birthday for thursday Koniving!!

#133 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 10 July 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Happy Birthday for thursday Koniving!!

Thank you. ;)

#134 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Come here... I got a present for ya.

#135 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Why yes, i do like to beta test while i beta test...

#136 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

On a side note the public test server won't patch right now. Its like a huge 2,400mb file.

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 10 July 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#137 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

On a side note the public test server won't patch right now. Its like a huge 2,400mb file.

That's not a "patch" per se... the Test Server runs off a separate Game Client, so you have to download a full 2.4gig client and then use it to log onto the Test Server when it's unlocked during the Scheduled Test times.

#138 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 July 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Thank you. ;)

Just to make it slightly obvious to everyone....

Posted Image
NB: Slightly modified image i produced for our divisions first birthday hehe.

Back on topic...

View Postmatux, on 10 July 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Why yes, i do like to beta test while i beta test...

Does this mean we are beta testing the beta test as the beta testers test the beta? Dafuq?

Edited by White Bear 84, 10 July 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#139 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Downloaded, installed, and ready for carnage. ;)

#140 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 10 July 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

I dont see that as a huge file tbh now days, took me an hour to download, being in australia too with our backwards ISP's and their overpriced data plans.

I just hope that we don't have to go the to trouble of reinstalling the whole client like we have in the live one just to fix it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users