L&d: Act Ii, Rainbow Rising Rp Ooc

Fiction

447 replies to this topic

#121 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 06 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

I know that, what I'm sitting here wondering about is why you want a Hollander like thing in 3031 so bad? Can't you just get a half scrapped Panther and jury-rigg something instead of coming up with a brand new mech?

i don't, duck wanted it. i am fine with the enforcer. though i think i might switch to a KTO-18 Kintaro since i am pretty sure sparks has one. haven't decided yet.

and by one i mean the enforcer. not the kintaro.

Edited by dal10, 06 September 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#122 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ah... gotcha. @Red Duck *facepalm*

@Dal I take it you mean the •KTO-18 That's a lot of 'shrooms.

#123 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

but it has swagger :(

Posted Image
seriously, look at that thing.

also to clarify. I was saying that i might switch to the KTO-18 because sparks also has an enforcer. cause i am not sure if thom is saying i had too much in the way of shrooms for thinking sparks has a kintaro, or for possibly wanting one.

Edited by dal10, 06 September 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#124 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think Thom means it has a lot of SRMs. And wow, does it ever. That KTO-18 sounds like a pretty nasty 'Mech.

#125 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah. ShRooMs. Also, because that's the noise they make when you fire them. SHHHROOOM!

And yeah, everytime I see that pic of the Kintaro, I think it's walking away the morning after a one night stand.

#126 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

it has heat issues. which is basically my biggest issue with it. i don't like mechs with a lot more firepower than they can sink.

#127 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

@Thom, well I was taking a gander at Dylan and Draco's char sheets to refresh my memory, and, ugh. They're so fugly. I'm looking at them and thinking, "What kind of Mary Sue wannabe POS did I come up with?". They're one dimensional, and, so broken. I can't believe I let this happen.

#128 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

****. it happens. A LOT.

#129 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Happens to the worst of us.
It's a soft reset though, so feel free to do a reset of the characters. I'm doing a minor one of Jack, trying to get some more wiggle room to play with his insecurities. Not really had an adequate opportunity to do that yet.
One of Duck's favourite mechs is the Hollander. He was looking for it, but realized it didn't exist yet. So he decided to go for the Hunchback 4H after some discussion.
Dal decided to go and make his own version all by himself ;)

#130 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

dude i made a scout class mad cat because i was bored. are you surprised?

Spoiler

#131 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Bit slow for a scout, don't ya think? ;)

#132 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Aren't you a bit short for a storm trooper? ;)

#133 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 06 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Bit slow for a scout, don't ya think? ;)

it is light fire support. scout class just means it is the same size and weight as a scout.

#134 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 06 September 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Happens to the worst of us.
It's a soft reset though, so feel free to do a reset of the characters. I'm doing a minor one of Jack, trying to get some more wiggle room to play with his insecurities. Not really had an adequate opportunity to do that yet.
One of Duck's favourite mechs is the Hollander. He was looking for it, but realized it didn't exist yet. So he decided to go for the Hunchback 4H after some discussion.
Dal decided to go and make his own version all by himself ;)

Yeah, but I mean at his core, he's broken. He has no real reason to be here. I mean the reason I came up with was decent, but they would have probably sent someone to be a worker for a stable, a tech, not a mech warrior when they were direly needed elsewhere. *sigh* Christ Jesus how do I get this to work now? I'm going to hold off posting until I get this problem fixed. Dammit, damn my "IT'S GOTTA WORK!" Attitude.

View Postdal10, on 06 September 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

dude i made a scout class mad cat because i was bored. are you surprised?

Spoiler

That looks eerily familiar. Like, modified Mad Cat mk.iii?

#135 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 06 September 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

That looks eerily familiar. Like, modified Mad Cat mk.iii?

more like a 35 ton version of it. basically since there is a medium, heavy, and assault class madcat. the Mk III, Mk I, and Mk II respectively, and the Mk IV is another heavy, i felt like there needed to be a light version.

#136 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, speaking of the mk.iii. It's a nasty little bast***. My only problem is the micro lasers, would much rather have smalls instead.

#137 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Dear Isabella,

I don't know when, or even if, this letter will reach you. The 5th is shipping out for the war. I can't tell you where we are headed. But know that this won't kill me. One day i will walk up and knock on the door. You'll see. It will be me too, not some officer with a flag. It will be me. That's a promise.

I also bought Dennis a present. Don't let him open it until his birthday. I probably won't get a chance until after it to write another letter. Tell him his uncle says happy birthday. I know he railroaded your plans to become a doctor. But Izzy, you will be the best mother he could ever ask for. Tell Nick that your brother says hi. That and he better keep that factory job, I will kick his *** if i find out he let you guys become homeless. Take care Izzy.

Your brother,
Takeo

Dear Isabella,

I am alive, no thanks to Hanse Davion or High Command. Sarna was a disaster. General Hartstone apparently ordered a fast burn in response to the death of the duke. It was a slaughter, we were hit before were fully deployed from the dropships. Angela didn't even make it off the ramp. A shrek took off her mechs head at half a click. She never even had time to scream. 10 dropships and more than three quarters of the RCT destroyed. For what. We don't even know exactly why he decided to do it. We can guess though, but it is ultimately futile, General Hartstone was captured after his atlas was taken down. We fought a fighting retreat until we hit the eagles dropzone. My company was the rear guard, reinforced with the half dozen other mechs that were actually in decent shape. We were forced to make a stand less than 20 clicks from the eagles landing zone. Right in the middle of a damn killbox. But it was that or die. None of us wanted to die. Most of us still did. Because of one stupid decision, hundreds of men and women died. All because one damn general wanted to play the avenging angel. Frenchie made it, Rooks didn't. Me, Frenchie and a shadowhawk from the company command lance were the only ones to make it out of that rear guard. The captain bought it covering our retreat. He was still swinging when his reactor went critical.

High Command's response to all this? They started handing out medals. Handing out medals cause some general made the wrong call. Like these medals will be a great comfort to the families of the hundreds, if not thousands, he basically murdered. But now apparently I am a war hero, a recipient of the Silver Sunburst. All i know is that I don't feel like a hero. But, because of this, they are throwing us to the four winds. Frenchie has been transferred to the 1st Crucis. I am taking a Leftenant's slot in the 6th Syrtis.. Our captain though, he at least won the Golden Sunburst. Because none of us would be here if not for him. His battlemaster just wouldn't go down. Fire venting from half a dozen reactor leaks. He just kept firing, kept swinging his fists. I owe him my life. The entire RCT owes him their lives. What did he get, a medal and an empty grave...

We brought his widow the flag personally. He was from Lee. She tried to stay strong... But you could tell that she was devastated... The medal... it didn't help. It never helps...

Sorry about venting like this to you izzy. But you are all i got right now... at least i can say i told you so. This war wasn't enough to kill me.

Your brother,
Takeo

Dear Isabella,

The 6th is having issues. Hanse Davion ordered a purge. Officially he is rooting out sedition, but he is really just doing his best to purge the regiments of officers loyal to the haseks. Luckily, that medal, that god damned medal... was good for something. Some bureaucrat decided that charging a sunburst recipient with sedition would look bad. They offered to buy out my commission. I am taking it. Only option i have at the moment. I am not going back to New Syrtis either. I can't go back to the ranch, not after what i've been through... These hands of mine have to much blood on them to go back. So Izzy, i am sorry. I won't be able to keep my promise. Could you please tell Ma for me. You know she won't understand... but i can't bear to tell her. .. Some valorous soldier i am...

I am thinking about going to solaris. Testing my luck on the game world. Buck up Izzy, your brother is going to be on holovids one day. I wish you guys the best. Bye Izzy, at least for now.

Love your brother,
Takeo

edit: i forgot to italicize.

Edited by dal10, 07 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#138 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

GW I'm still vague on why they give a flying f*ck about Rainbow Stables. Once we've gained some bearing, sure, but right now there is no reason for them to have even heard of us.

#139 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

REALLY enjoying these letters, Dal. Keep it up! ;)

#140 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 06 September 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

GW I'm still vague on why they give a flying f*ck about Rainbow Stables. Once we've gained some bearing, sure, but right now there is no reason for them to have even heard of us.

If they're looking to be secretive about it, they're more likely to pick a quiet, unheard-of stable. If their investigation is something more generic like "What are the rules of honour that are adhered to on Solaris?" rather than Rainbow in particular, a small, out of the way stable is probably to be preferred. It's not that they're looking for Rainbow in particular, they just opened a phone book of "inconsequential Solaris stables no one is going to be investigating any time soon" and happened to pick us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users