• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostEvil Deaz, on 02 February 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Got a question on forming lances. I guess they changed the way it use to be done. Just wondering if somebody can walk me through the new way on forming lances with friends

I was told that you can create a group with the button in the Friends tab and invite people to join the group that are on your friends list. Right click on their name and four options pop up one of which is invite friend.

Tried it myself and it works. Last time I had done it was in Beta.

Edited by ColonelProctor, 02 February 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#3302 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

When you are not in a group, at the bottom of your firends list you will see a few options one of which is "Form Public Group"

Once you've clicked that button, the group loby will be displayed on the left to your friends list. Click the name of any of your friends (right or left click doesn't matter afaik) and select "Invite to Group". Your friend will see the invitation in his notification tab.

#3303 Evil Deaz

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPR

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 02 February 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

When you are not in a group, at the bottom of your firends list you will see a few options one of which is "Form Public Group"

Once you've clicked that button, the group loby will be displayed on the left to your friends list. Click the name of any of your friends (right or left click doesn't matter afaik) and select "Invite to Group". Your friend will see the invitation in his notification tab.

Thanks man, just didn't know how after the change, but the info worked.

#3304 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

Logged in after the patch to find myself with 3 new mech bays.

Is this a case of CW Faction prizes being awarded?

#3305 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostEonai, on 03 February 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Logged in after the patch to find myself with 3 new mech bays.

Is this a case of CW Faction prizes being awarded?

Yeah. You can see them listed in the Achievements section (found in the Home tab) also as you look through them in-game.

#3306 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

Banshee question, specifically 3E (the ballistic one) but might apply to others.
I'm trying to build the meta 3AC/5+2PPC. All's fine, except one of my PPCs are at waist level instead at the shoulder. I once read that the smaller caliber weapon goes on the bottom and pushes the heavier weapons up top. I tried this by taking out a heat sink and putting in a flamer, but the flamer went into the shoulder. I then stripped the entire side and tried putting the PPCs and flamer back in various combinations but the flamer always ends up on the shoulder. Is there a way to force the two PPCs to the shoulder and the other weapon to the hip (or perhaps not even have a weapon there at all)?

#3307 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostTylerchu, on 04 February 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Banshee question, specifically 3E (the ballistic one) but might apply to others.
I'm trying to build the meta 3AC/5+2PPC. All's fine, except one of my PPCs are at waist level instead at the shoulder. I once read that the smaller caliber weapon goes on the bottom and pushes the heavier weapons up top. I tried this by taking out a heat sink and putting in a flamer, but the flamer went into the shoulder. I then stripped the entire side and tried putting the PPCs and flamer back in various combinations but the flamer always ends up on the shoulder. Is there a way to force the two PPCs to the shoulder and the other weapon to the hip (or perhaps not even have a weapon there at all)?

Haven't seen you in a while.

It's actually that the larger weapons are pushed down for that Banshee. You will not be able to make the setup you're seeking. PPCs are always magnetized toward the bottom to some degree.

The same is also true for larger ACs. The biggest one (10, LBX or 20) will ALWAYS appear on the bottom.

#3308 White Knight89

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

is there a way to hook up my old xbox steel battalion controller to MWO? if so, please help!
http://www.steelbatt...llerDiagram.gif

#3309 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

Having never purchased a new mech skin/pattern, I have a question. When purchased, does it only apply to that variant or to all variants of that chassis?

#3310 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostChaosity, on 06 February 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Having never purchased a new mech skin/pattern, I have a question. When purchased, does it only apply to that variant or to all variants of that chassis?

that depends, on if you purchase the one shot or unlock

if you purchase the one shot (the cheep option), that is single application to that exact Mech only, if you give that camo to a Mech it stays until you change the camo on that Mech, at which point you would have to buy it if you want to apply it again, however you can recolour it whenever you want just as long as you do not change the base patten.

if you unlock camo (costs 10 times as much as a one shot) you pertinently unlock it for all variants of that Mech (except Heroes and special variants (e.g. Founders, Phoenix, Invasion and Loyalty special variants) which have locked camo, so if you unlock for an Atlas you can put it on any variant of the Atlas, except the AS7-D(F) and AS7-S(L) and AS7-BH special variants, and change the camo freely, it will always be available to reapply if you change the camo pr buy more Atlases in future, the unlock is bad value unless you own 10 or more of a specific chassis or want to keep changing camo scheme.

Colours are permanent universal unlocks, if you purchase a colour it can be applied to any Mech you own.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 07 February 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#3311 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:12 AM

View PostChaosity, on 06 February 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Camo patterns can be obtained in 2 ways.

one-shot: this will give you the camo for the current variant, but only once (obviously). If you change the camo later, you have to buy it again.

unlock: this unlocks the pattern for the whole chassis (say all Cataphracts). You can use this camo whenever you like for all variants of this chassis.
The price for unlock is usually 10x of the one-shot.
When on sale, the unlocks for 50% have a way better price-worth ratio

#3312 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

A few gents were going on about something called a "3rd person Lag paddle" or something along those lines some matches ago.

What is this?

#3313 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostEonai, on 07 February 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

A few gents were going on about something called a "3rd person Lag paddle" or something along those lines some matches ago.

What is this?

I would guess they were sarcastically referring the the 3PV drone that follows players in 3PV.

#3314 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 07 February 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

I would guess they were sarcastically referring the the 3PV drone that follows players in 3PV.

Could you please elaborate? There were accusations being slung around that implied using it caused ping to rise during combat.

#3315 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostEonai, on 07 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Could you please elaborate? There were accusations being slung around that implied using it caused ping to rise during combat.

Then I dunno. <Shrug> Anybody using 3PV in combat is hurting themselves, IMO.

#3316 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 25 January 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

Yes, PT stacks.

Actually it depends on whether you receive active time or banked time. For example I recently received a day of banked time and then got some active time from the promotion at the time and it ran out but I still have a day of banked time I can activate.

#3317 Garry Burton

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

I've just started playing and I can't seem to get to cockpit mode. I thought it was F4 but that just powers down my mech so i went to a proving ground and pressed every button on my keyboard but nothing seems to work, any advice/options or is it a technical glitch, or am i a complete moron who happens to have missed the right button. :(

#3318 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

It should be F4, you may need to check your key bindings.

#3319 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostGarry Burton, on 08 February 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

I've just started playing and I can't seem to get to cockpit mode. I thought it was F4 but that just powers down my mech so i went to a proving ground and pressed every button on my keyboard but nothing seems to work, any advice/options or is it a technical glitch, or am i a complete moron who happens to have missed the right button. :(

You can also, in the game's settings menu, just de-select "start in 3rd person mode" (which is the default setting), and from then on you'll just be in the cockpit at the start of every match.

Edited by DEMAX51, 08 February 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#3320 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostGarry Burton, on 08 February 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

You can also check all of the key mapping in the game settings menu. 3rd person toggle should be F4, but it sounds like your settings are a bit different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users