#7361 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

View PostLeone, on 20 February 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

Learn to manouver, sneak around, brawl someone whose a bit further away from the team, or just ambush em all from behind an get as much damage in as you can. Then leave match, grab a fresh mech, an requeue.

it should go without saying but, just in case, do not leave the match until your Mech is dead.

#7362 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 February 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

it should go without saying but, just in case, do not leave the match until your Mech is dead.

Right. But sometimes it really doesn't matter how actively you participate :/

#7363 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

I have seen some people to have something that allows them to sort their stats from page https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats

Where can I get that?

#7364 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 20 February 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

I have seen some people to have something that allows them to sort their stats from page https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats

Where can I get that?

they way I sort the stats is copy and paste into excel, it keeps the table format, and allows you to use Excels sort and feature functions.
any spreadsheet should do so if you do not have Excel something like Open Office or Kingsoft (both free) should also work

#7365 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 February 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

they way I sort the stats is copy and paste into excel, it keeps the table format, and allows you to use Excels sort and feature functions.
any spreadsheet should do so if you do not have Excel something like Open Office or Kingsoft (both free) should also work

Yes, I've done that so far, but it requires several phases for me as I have different decimal separator than the webpage.(we have "," as desimal separator)

#7366 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 20 February 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Where can I get that?

I beleive you're looking for MadStats. It's available here https://mwomercs.com...-stats-sorting/

#7367 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:02 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 20 February 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yes, I've done that so far, but it requires several phases for me as I have different decimal separator than the webpage.(we have "," as desimal separator)

If you're using Excel, you can use the "text to columns" (alt-D-E) to automatically sort to columns by a delimiting character (like the comma).

#7368 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Pilot skills...

What are the best pilot skills for a predominantly light driver? I already have radar dep & zoom (that was a waste of GXP!). I am leaning towards cap accel but have been thinking about getting the fall damage reducer.

Thoughts?

#7369 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

A) Do I have any way to control what servers I play on?

I'd like to turn off the European and Oceanic servers and just play North American games. In the time slots I play in I always lose on these servers. For example I was 2.0 win/loss and 1.85 kill/death ratio in the first two weeks this month, then I could only play late night and early morning and am currently below even in both statistics. When I'm on those servers I always get assigned to the hopeless team, where you know you've lost in the first few minutes even though combat hasn't started. I pull my weight in a good team versus good team match, but I'm not good enough to carry 11 new players (or drunks, or an assault lance that thinks the King Crab is the perfect LRM boat, etc).

I don't mind when half my matches are like that, but the match selector hates me when I go off continent...

Posted Image On a related issue: How come tier one pilots are showing up in tier 5 games?

Edited by Robinson Crusher, 22 February 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#7370 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 22 February 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Pilot skills...

What are the best pilot skills for a predominantly light driver? I already have radar dep & zoom (that was a waste of GXP!). I am leaning towards cap accel but have been thinking about getting the fall damage reducer.

Thoughts?

At least in march you'll be getting the GXP back as historical experience, when the new skill tree system comes in. Check out "molten metal" and "snuggles time" on u-tube for some good reviews. As for light modules I'm currently rather fond of the hill climbing boost for the locust... I can run right up the canyon walls with that.

#7371 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Pilot skills...

Thoughts?

Seismic.

Radar derp + Seismic > literally everything else

View PostRobinson Crusher, on 22 February 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Posted Image On a related issue: How come tier one pilots are showing up in tier 5 games?

There should be a drop box next to quickplay that will let you select which servers you want.

Tier 1 and Tier 5 happens sometimes because... who knows, matchmaker gives 0 *****.

#7372 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Pilot skills...

Thoughts?

It's great that you purchased those skills, but have you purchased the modules you need to use them?

This is probably the most confusing part of pilot skills. Unlocking pilot skills gives you the ability to purchase and equip their associated modules. I highly suspect that you've only purchased the skills, but not the modules that go with them. Meaning, you havn't actually "activated" those skills.

Next time you are on, go to a mech in your in game mech lab. Then, pop out the equipment tab (where you would grab your weapons etc from). From there, select your Module tab. You will find three lists in that tab, Consumable, Weapon and Mech. You will find the specific "skills" you've unlocked as modules to purchase in the "mech" tab. You need to purchase and equip those modules onto a specific mech before they start to work.

I suspect that you probably have not done this, if you do believe Radar Dep was a waste. It's very valuable on the battlefield... maybe too valuable...

If you need additional help or explanation on this, post back here.

#7373 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostRobinson Crusher, on 22 February 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'd like to turn off the European and Oceanic servers and just play North American games. In the time slots I play in I always lose on these servers. For example I was 2.0 win/loss and 1.85 kill/death ratio in the first two weeks this month, then I could only play late night and early morning and am currently below even in both statistics. When I'm on those servers I always get assigned to the hopeless team, where you know you've lost in the first few minutes even though combat hasn't started. I pull my weight in a good team versus good team match, but I'm not good enough to carry 11 new players (or drunks, or an assault lance that thinks the King Crab is the perfect LRM boat, etc).

I don't mind when half my matches are like that, but the match selector hates me when I go off continent...

Yes, you do... Kinda.

Under the play button (between the Quickplay and Faction play buttons) you should be able to see a pull down menu. When it pulls down, you will see three options showing, N. America, European, and Oceanic. Each should also show projected pings for each of those server banks.

However, the more constrictions you place onto MM, the longer it may take to get a match. The longer it takes to find a match, the worse the match balance may be. The worse the balance may be, the worse the match may be.

I would turn off server options for ping effectiveness and for game play stability, rather than what may be a perceived crowd you may be dropping with...

In theory, T1 and T5 players should never be getting into a match together. T1 and T4 pilots now can though. However, though PGI says it "shouldn't happen", I've heard on the forums a lot of "T1 players in my T5 matches" statements. If this is happening, I am inclined to believe it's happened because player selection pools are so low at those playing times, there aren't enough players to pool together to form a match otherwise... The longer it takes the MM to form a match once it starts, the more gates it opens up to make it easier. The first few gates are to break the 3-3-3-3 weight matching, then if that isn't enough it starts to mix PSR tiers more and more, till in theory it eventually will just toss anyone and everyone together just to get a match.

So my reverse question here is, if you think you are seeing T1 and T5 players together... Are you also seeing the same name in matches over and over again? If so, low player population at those times...

#7374 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 February 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

It's great that you purchased those skills, but have you purchased the modules you need to use them?

Yes I have 6 mechs with the radar derp module. I already own rougly 50 mechs & hate searching for the 1 or 2 mechs that may had them to switch around. At 6mil a pop its hurts but radar derp is like Amex, never leave home without it! The waste was zoom. I own 1 module of it & almost never use it. I had the bright idea on a sniper mech build to have it. With some experience I found I didn't really need the zoom & in fact in many instances its a hindrance.

@ Robinson. I thought about hill climb as well because I spend a fair amount of time in my PB but didn't think 15% improvement would be that dramatic.

@ Roughneck Seismic only works when standing still right? I try real hard to never stand still when in a light other then early in the match when scouting & relaying enemy movements. I haven't been jumped yet while standing still then but I guess the 1st time it happens will make me a believer.

#7375 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 22 February 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Yes I have 6 mechs with the radar derp module. I already own rougly 50 mechs & hate searching for the 1 or 2 mechs that may had them to switch around. At 6mil a pop its hurts but radar derp is like Amex, never leave home without it! The waste was zoom. I own 1 module of it & almost never use it. I had the bright idea on a sniper mech build to have it. With some experience I found I didn't really need the zoom & in fact in many instances its a hindrance.

@ Roughneck Seismic only works when standing still right? I try real hard to never stand still when in a light other then early in the match when scouting & relaying enemy movements. I haven't been jumped yet while standing still then but I guess the 1st time it happens will make me a believer.

Okay. Just being thorough with my answer. A lot of people purchase the pilot skills, and don't realize they need to also purchase the modules for them to work...

And yeah, I didn't find much help from Advanced Zoom myself. If it was added to the normal zoom cycle, I'd be fine with it. When it's added in as a separate button? Wasn't very helpful for me.

Seismic will also work even if you are at a brief stop. So, when you go from forwards to backwards real quick, you'll get a tiny use of the Seismic. This can lead to an invaluable gain in information sometimes. So, you don't have to "stand still", you just have to be at a time when your mech's movement is at 0, no matter how long or brief that time may be.

#7376 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 22 February 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Seismic only works when standing still right? I try real hard to never stand still when in a light other then early in the match when scouting & relaying enemy movements. I haven't been jumped yet while standing still then but I guess the 1st time it happens will make me a believer.

seismic only works when both feet are on the ground, so if you stop for half a second you can get pings on seismic.

the first and most important rule of a Light Mech is do not stop moving, however that is also the first Light Mech rule to learn when to break.
if you are within signt of the enemy it is reasionable to assume they can see you as well, however if you are in a secluded spot and you are pretty sure the enemy are not about to spot you then stopping may be OK, and the seismic would mean you are reasionably confidant that an enemy will not pop around the corner and instantly kill you, also the Locust accelerates realy fast.
I have seen people move a Mech from full fowards speed to full reverse and get pings from the seismic in the quater second the Mech is standing still.

I very rarely use seismic but I know some people swear by it.

#7377 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Thanks guys, I will give seismic a go!

#7378 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:49 AM

Seismic also works when you land a drop or a jump.

#7379 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

I find Seismic very useful in any size 'Mech. The unlock works for any size 'Mech as well.

This said, as a light I find it good to pause and assess the situation every now and then from safe locations. After all if you go around the corner at the wrong time, boom, insta-dead.

#7380 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

Please help me make up my mind.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users