Short Question, Short Answer

10292 replies to this topic

#7981 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

View PostScottAleric, on 25 July 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Do Targeting computers help LRM lock ons and crit chances?
What is the 1... 2... 3... % chances on targeting computers?

No and no.

They are chances for single roll criticals, double and triple roll. System from battletech.

Here is some explonation, although exact numbers and such have probably changed many times.
http://mwo.gamepedia.com/Critical_Hit

#7982 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

So I've been in faction for a bit now, and one thing bothers me. I used one mech, killed like 3 or 4 people, and we won via timer and I never got to switch to another mech and got a score of 358. Another match, I used all 4 mechs, killed like 12 people, but only got a score of 238.

What is dis, I don't even, please explain why that 12 kill was so worthless. It was dominate, so there wasn't much to affect my score other then fighting yet this earned so much for so little.

Edited by eveofmana, 25 July 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#7983 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 25 July 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Crit chance yes, lock ons no.

They give you the enemy paper doll info faster, not the actual lock on time.

Lock on time is decreased by artemis, and I think that's the only thing that affects it. Everything else is target info time. (Do correct me if im wrong forumites)

Last I knew, TC don't help missiles at all.

As far as things that decrease missile lock on times, TAG, Artemis and NARC all do that (as far as I know), though NARC and Artemis don't stack their abilities (besides NARC's maintaining of an indirect lock).

View Posteveofmana, on 25 July 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

So I've been in faction for a bit now, and one thing bothers me. I used one mech, killed like 3 or 4 people, and we won via timer and I never got to switch to another mech and got a score of 358. Another match, I used all 4 mechs, killed like 12 people, but only got a score of 238.

What is dis, I don't even, please explain why that 12 kill was so worthless. It was dominate, so there wasn't much to affect my score other then fighting yet this earned so much for so little.

Each time you "respawn" with a new mech, it reduces your match score. So, surviving and doing alright in one mech will give a good match score, as well as taking all re-spawns and doing better.

I'm not sure the numbers exactly. All I know is having fewer deaths helps improve your match score. So does winning. So don't mitigate your chances of winning to try and get a better match score. (But I know... Event...)

#7984 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostTesunie, on 25 July 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Each time you "respawn" with a new mech, it reduces your match score. So, surviving and doing alright in one mech will give a good match score, as well as taking all re-spawns and doing better.

I'm not sure the numbers exactly. All I know is having fewer deaths helps improve your match score. So does winning. So don't mitigate your chances of winning to try and get a better match score. (But I know... Event...)

That is such BS I don't even... this hurts me. Thanks for telling me, it wont change how I play so no worries there. Sure as hell makes me feel like brawling is frowned on in Faction..

#7985 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostLeone, on 23 July 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Match score is roughly damage halved, and then in CW, divided by the mechs you use. Other things'll add in, but if you get Twelve hundred damage you'll get your 150 match score, no matter what. (Things like scouting, component destroyed an what not'll lower the damage requirement,)

Trying to stay on one mech the whole way is actually a poor way of trying to do it, since it'll mean taking a mech off of the line of battle, giving your team a disadvantage against the enemy. Which usually means your team gets outnumbered and defeated, and once their done with the team, they'll move onto you next, an you'll have no teammates left to assist you. People complaint about thier spawns getting overrun when they do this very thing that prompts it.

Trying to save your mech means abandoning your team on the most team-centric game mode this game has. Please, do not do so. Just focus on getting your damage in and by all means don't get caught alone against superior numbers, but don't abandon your team either.

~Leone.

And trust me, brawling isn't frowned upon. It's what's made my unit what it is today.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 25 July 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#7986 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

View Posteveofmana, on 25 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

That is such BS I don't even... this hurts me. Thanks for telling me, it wont change how I play so no worries there. Sure as hell makes me feel like brawling is frowned on in Faction..

It's suppose to support "good game play". It can do that, but it can also be abused and manipulated into encouraging selfish game play as well...

I just continue to play the game, and I get what scores I get. If my team needs me to mash my mech between an enemy and my commanding lance (typically assaults), I will do so. Too many people worry too much about scores, stats and numbers... Their "appearance" to others in the game...

#7987 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostTesunie, on 25 July 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

It's suppose to support "good game play". It can do that, but it can also be abused and manipulated into encouraging selfish game play as well...

I just continue to play the game, and I get what scores I get. If my team needs me to mash my mech between an enemy and my commanding lance (typically assaults), I will do so. Too many people worry too much about scores, stats and numbers... Their "appearance" to others in the game...

That is the feeling I get from it, those who hide and snipe might get a good score, but will find themselves alone in the end. While I find I've pushed to hard again and wonder "where the hell is my team!?!? HAAAALP!". xD ... I get tunnel vision sometimes. ^^;

Edited by eveofmana, 25 July 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#7988 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Posteveofmana, on 25 July 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

I get tunnel vision sometimes. ^^;

We all do... We all do...

#7989 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

Leone, what's your post-patch CW experience (if any) regarding IS/clan balance?

Edited by DavidStarr, 26 July 2017 - 10:38 PM.

#7990 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

It's been great! Teamwork is still OP, but the Advanced Tactical Missiles've been keeping me just a tad less aggressive than normal, since I cannot close to melee with 'em, so it's been interesting. Also love the new Heavy Mediums, since I'm so used to combat at IS medium ranges anyways. Rotaries an MRMs've been fun to tangle with. That's all Clan-side.

On the IS side, I do enjoy the mrms, Uac10 n' 20s, and the inevitable Rotary drop deck. Haven't gotten as much play in as IS however. Let's see, I spent half my night helping someone with thier mechbuilds an drop deck, but of the games I played I found Rotaries and Mrms to be very effective one on one but waay too hot for a sustained brawl. All in all I like both sides tech additions, an think the IS tech helps in the midrange an the Clan tech helps in the brawl, which feels like it kinda strips the classic engagement preference down to just whatever you cobbled onto your mech.

Also, I really miss having a team whilst fighting for the IS. Makes a huge difference when folk have your back.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 29 July 2017 - 01:13 AM.

#7991 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:24 AM

How many games does comp team need to be eligible for prizes? Heard one or ten? Also when those games should be played, now or after August 1?

https://mechwarrior....urnament/prizes

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 31 July 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#7992 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

I have the feeling the enemies warhorns go off whenever I lose some component (may be limited to side torso). Can someone confirm that and is this a bug? Either it's a new behaviour/bug or I do lose my side torsi more often than before...

Best regards
Doc

#7993 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 31 July 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

I have the feeling the enemies warhorns go off whenever I lose some component (may be limited to side torso). Can someone confirm that and is this a bug? Either it's a new behaviour/bug or I do lose my side torsi more often than before...

Best regards
Doc

Since there is no way to knows exactly whose warhorn went off. You can't equate hearing a warhorn with you losing a component.

#7994 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

I have the feeling the enemies warhorns go off whenever I lose some component (may be limited to side torso).

I don't believe that is the case. Probably just a couple coincidences.

#7995 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Dual AMS Question:

I have a Vindy 1AA, so it is my test base for the first time I ran Laser AMS. I put 2x Laser AMS on it, and was chagrined to discover I could have them both ON, or both OFF, but not turn one or the other off to save heat. My concept for the 'Mech was close support, not doing damage but mitigating it. Result: 4 matches won in a row. I had to take one of the LAMS off and replace it with AMS so I could control my heat. Any way to turn on LAMS off when I need to? Or is this just an interface issue?

I got Lurmed so bad on Polar highlands, while in the middle of my lance, I just got into a death spiral of shutting down. Is there any relief for this?

#7996 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Best regards
Doc

Warhorns are only supposed to sound when a mech is removed from the field by the carrier.
Component loss alone should not be signalling it.

However, there are some warhorns that have a slight delay on their sounding, it could also be a connection issue (other people's warhorns tend not so sound for a second or two for me)

View PostAureliusDean, on 31 July 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Dual AMS Question:

As far as I know, there is no way to toggle a single AMS out of a group, laser or otherwise.

Edited by Wence the Wanderer, 31 July 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#7997 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

I have a right arm overlay stuck, can't finish a loadout. Is there a quick fix for this?

#7998 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 31 July 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

How many games does comp team need to be eligible for prizes? Heard one or ten? Also when those games should be played, now or after August 1?

https://mechwarrior....urnament/prizes

bump

#7999 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

View PostAureliusDean, on 31 July 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I have a right arm overlay stuck, can't finish a loadout. Is there a quick fix for this?

Not sure what you mean by right arm overlay, as in you can only see the right arm in the mechlab?
Not sure how to fix that other than trying to toggle it to something else or trying to get it to show the whole mech... Posted Image

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 31 July 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

bump

I don't know anything about the tournament setup.
I am competitive enough to dislike actual competitions
(as in: when I let myself focus on winning over anything else, I turn into one of those nasty whiners you see all over the forum)

#8000 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

In the mechlab, there is a box showing my shoulder, my arm actuators etc. and I can't see my cooldown times, ranges, etc...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users