- - - - -

Short Question, Short Answer

10297 replies to this topic

#8001 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostAureliusDean, on 31 July 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

In the mechlab, there is a box showing my shoulder, my arm actuators etc. and I can't see my cooldown times, ranges, etc...

If it is showing the actuators, that is what is currently equipped on the limb - you wouldn't see the cooldown times or anything there. To see those you hover your mouse over the piece of equipment you want to see the info for. If none are equipped there should be another box on the fight (labeled warehouse) that shows what you CAN equip. Hovering your mouse on the stuff in there should show you that data.

If that isn't helping, can you post a screenshot or something? Because I may be misunderstanding Posted Image

#8002 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Posted ImageG4LV4TR0N, on 31 July 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

How many games does comp team need to be eligible for prizes? Heard one or ten? Also when those games should be played, now or after August 1?
https://mechwarrior....urnament/prizes

https://mwomercs.com...es?id=1839#comp

The deadlne for team formation was changed but just for FYI since it's not what you asked.
https://mwomercs.com...mation-deadline

#8003 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostAureliusDean, on 31 July 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I have a right arm overlay stuck, can't finish a loadout. Is there a quick fix for this?

I get this ALL THE TIME.

It is a bug. The best (and only) way I've been able to get it to disappear has been to bring up the stats tab (bottom right tab, similar to the weapons tab), then carefully hover my mouse over a component, then slowly slide the mouse off it. Repeat till the stupid box finally goes away. Then minimize the tab (usually go over another component, causing the problem again) and continue creating my mech.

It's annoying. It's an unneeded pop-up from what I have experienced. It makes it hard to check stats (such as heat efficiency of the design). I don't even know why it's there...

I know of no other way to solve the problem, though I do know about your issue. (If I wasn't clear on something, ask again. I'll go into more depth.)

#8004 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 31 July 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

bump

Don't know. Don't really track comp stuff. Honestly, don't care. That is why I did not attempt to answer your question. That said, I haven't seen any mention of minimum numbers to qualify.

So, as many as you need? More is better? As many as you can play? Probably the best answer you are going to get at this time I believe.

#8005 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

What breaks Target Decay and the spotting call out tracking icon? I'm being told nothing, but I keep finding mechs that just vanish off the radar in a instant despite my Target Decay nods being fully toggled, and I spotted the mech myself to let the team know he was there when I broke his ECM cover. But the moment he broke line of sight, he broke my decay AND sighting that instant.

Whats the deal!?

Edited by eveofmana, 01 August 2017 - 12:09 AM.

#8006 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

Radar Deprivation

#8007 Nerokar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

View Posteveofmana, on 01 August 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

What breaks Target Decay and the spotting call out tracking icon? I'm being told nothing, but I keep finding mechs that just vanish off the radar in a instant despite my Target Decay nods being fully toggled, and I spotted the mech myself to let the team know he was there when I broke his ECM cover. But the moment he broke line of sight, he broke my decay AND sighting that instant.

Whats the deal!?

For the first part: Galvatron told one common and simple solution.

Two other possiblities:
How did you broke his ECM? By PPC? If yes, after couple of seconds it gains the functionality back and he disappears. If you broke it by range, he could simply get some distance to regain the cloak...
Or he uses stealtharmor to get away... thats what I usualy do in my PB.

Edited by Nerokar, 01 August 2017 - 04:23 AM.

#8008 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 01 August 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

Radar Deprivation

not just radar dep, it's 100% radar dep meaning all 5 nodes.. I do think this needs to be looked into though and reduced to less than 100%. Even 90 or 95% would be better. I think 100% is just OP

#8009 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Wence.... What I'm saying is that window that shows the limb randomly 'sticks' and will not go away. It's actually stuck on my new MAD-3R right now,

#8010 eveofmana

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

View PostNerokar, on 01 August 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

For the first part: Galvatron told one common and simple solution.

Two other possiblities:
How did you broke his ECM? By PPC? If yes, after couple of seconds it gains the functionality back and he disappears. If you broke it by range, he could simply get some distance to regain the cloak...
Or he uses stealtharmor to get away... thats what I usualy do in my PB.

@Nerokar I broke his cover by Tag, then held the key and selected to call him out. Before my character finishes "enemy spotted", he vanishes off both Target Decay and the call out. ECM is the culprit for both? @G4V4TRON Radar Derp does this? ECM to, or no?

Edited by eveofmana, 01 August 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#8011 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Posteveofmana, on 01 August 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Whats the deal!?

Galvatron only covered a single possible aspect. Radar Deprivation seems to completely cancel Adv. Target Decay skills (when I believe it shouldn't be). But that is probably only part of the story here.

As there is ECM, which TAG only punches through (not disables) while the TAG is actively hitting the target (and for a very short while after), you have even more things opening up. If they have maxed out their ECM nodes, as well as Radar Dep nodes, than that can be a powerful locking countering measure. Then as someone else mentioned above, there is also now Stealth Armor, so they could have that on their mech as well and had activated it as soon as they suspected they where locked still.

Between the Skill Tree, ECM and possibly Stealth Armor (among other possible equipment and affects), it is very possible now to have a target in your face and never be able to get a lock at all, or to lose a lock at nearly any time (all they need to do is activate their Stealth Armor).

What specifically affected you that match, I can not actually say.

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 August 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

not just radar dep, it's 100% radar dep meaning all 5 nodes.. I do think this needs to be looked into though and reduced to less than 100%. Even 90 or 95% would be better. I think 100% is just OP

I was thinking that Adv. Target Decay and Radar Deprivation's "relationship" was suppose to remain unchanged (where in theory maxed of each cancels the other out, but it never seemed to work that way before so why should it now), but I've been experiencing a "Radar Dep trumps ATD" still. I have mechs with max ATD skills on, and I still manage to (without ECM involved) instantly lose a lock I had from my own visual targeting... From what I presume, it shouldn't have been doing that. But it does...

View PostAureliusDean, on 01 August 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Thanks Wence.... What I'm saying is that window that shows the limb randomly 'sticks' and will not go away. It's actually stuck on my new MAD-3R right now,

Exiting the mechlab (where I am presuming you are having the issue) should correct the issue, if my above statement is incorrect (from a few posts up).

#8012 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

could be stealth armor?

#8013 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

I was thinking that Adv. Target Decay and Radar Deprivation's "relationship" was suppose to remain unchanged (where in theory maxed of each cancels the other out, but it never seemed to work that way before so why should it now), but I've been experiencing a "Radar Dep trumps ATD" still. I have mechs with max ATD skills on, and I still manage to (without ECM involved) instantly lose a lock I had from my own visual targeting... From what I presume, it shouldn't have been doing that. But it does...

There is also the matter that being able to see a mech, doesn't mean you technically have line of sight.

The client renders graphical model in which specially the outer irregular edges of different rocks, cliffs, ground, all that like, are not exactly at the same place as the edge on physical model, used by the server.

So the line of sight as how server sees it, can be broken earlier than you visually see.

#8014 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 01 August 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

There is also the matter that being able to see a mech, doesn't mean you technically have line of sight.

The client renders graphical model in which specially the outer irregular edges of different rocks, cliffs, ground, all that like, are not exactly at the same place as the edge on physical model, used by the server.

So the line of sight as how server sees it, can be broken earlier than you visually see.

Not to mention, there are times where you can't see the center of the enemy mech, but you can "see" the mech and be hit by it. I can't say how many times a single cable in old Terra Therma would break my locks, despite the fact that I could still see them and be hit by them... (more relevant for LRMs or other lock on weapons.)

#8015 Mechwarrior Ellis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLoitering on Outreach.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

Greetings fellow mech jocks.

I just bought a Warhammer 6R after running 109 of my total 137 matches in a HBR-Prime. (That's how to move out of your comfort zone but still snuggle riiiight up against it... right?)

I am thinking about trying RAC2s. Are they intended to be used like large machine guns, more effective against opened crits?

Edited by Mechwarrior Ellis, 02 August 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#8016 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostMechwarrior Ellis, on 02 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Greetings fellow mech jocks.

I just bought a Warhammer 6R after running 109 of my total 137 matches in a HBR-Prime. (That's how to move out of your comfort zone but still snuggle riiiight up against it... right?)

I am thinking about trying RAC2s. Are they intended to be used like large machine guns, more effective against opened crits?

I think they do about as much crits as AC, so the answer is no.

Now the other thing, RAC2 is rather weak. Try to always take RAC5 or a pair of RAC5.

#8017 Mechwarrior Ellis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLoitering on Outreach.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thanks Teer.

#8018 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Are games that we did in comp queue before August 1 counted towards minimal 20-game prize requirement? Also do every player from team needs 20 games or just a team as whole(so in such scenario some people could even have 0 games)?

#8019 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Questions about comp play in the "New players" section. Seems legit :D

#8020 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 03 August 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

Are games that we did in comp queue before August 1 counted towards minimal 20-game prize requirement? Also do every player from team needs 20 games or just a team as whole(so in such scenario some people could even have 0 games)?

Q: Did you read the posted links above, first addressing this type of question, by Teer Kerensky?

A: It appears unlikely.

From the first link: Teams must have played a minimum of 20 Matches in Comp Play in order to participate for any of the Prizes above.

From the last link (under the "Leader boards" header): Competitive Play Leaderboards run under a season-based system; 2017 Season, 2017 Post-Season, 2018 Season, and so on. When the Qualifying Phase for the 2017 Season comes to an end, the top 12 Competitive Teams according to TSR will proceed to the Semi-Finals.

And: With the release of the Competitive Play feature in today's patch we have officially entered the Qualifying Phase of the 2017 MechWarrior Online World Championships.

So, basically as soon as the Comp mode was released, it seems like it started the Qualifying phase at that exact time, and you need a minimum of 20 matches to count (more would probably be better though) for the championship. However, you only need 10 matches to get onto the Comp mode leader boards.

All right there. Took me a matter of 14 minutes to read and create this post.

View PostDavidStarr, on 03 August 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

Questions about comp play in the "New players" section. Seems legit Posted Image

To be fair, this is a 'quick question, quick answer' thread, not a "new player questions only" thread. Plenty of more advanced questions have been posted by "not new" players here in the past, and I encourage questions from any level of player. If you don't know, you just don't know...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users