Short Question, Short Answer

10297 replies to this topic

#8021 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Information from those links is not always accurate. For example you don't need 10 games to get on ladder.

#8022 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

Sorry this forum autosave function will mess up the quoting sometimes.

Posted ImageTesunie, on 03 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

So, basically as soon as the Comp mode was released, it seems like it started the Qualifying phase at that exact time, and you need a minimum of 20 matches to count (more would probably be better though) for the championship. However, you only need 10 matches to get onto the Comp mode leader boards.

To be fair, this is a 'quick question, quick answer' thread, not a "new player questions only" thread. Plenty of more advanced questions have been posted by "not new" players here in the past, and I encourage questions from any level of player. If you don't know, you just don't know...

Actually I think when I posted that first link, I seem to recall it didn't mention that 20 match requirement. I think it has been added after that.
I posted it as it contained some of the info he was asking, and I wasnt sure he understood that the comp team mode is part of whole big championship matches, and that although the comp mode will continue to exists even after finals, the results will be locked once each phase completes.

And I agree, as there is no other simple question thread in the general discussion subforum, then also more advanced questions seems fit here, specially if they are relatively simple.

Are games that we did in comp queue before August 1 counted towards minimal 20-game prize requirement?

I'm pretty sure they naturally do. August 1 was just the deadline for forming and locking teams. The comp mode started two patches ago. In order to separate the games before and after August 1, the results would have to be reset. And they clearly have not been reset.

And the leaderboard originally did have a requirement of 10 games to show, but that clearly has changed. But the leaderboard doesn't really matter since the 20 game limit is still on the official page listed as requireement for to apply to any of the rewards.

Also do every player from team needs 20 games or just a team as whole(so in such scenario some people could even have 0 games)?

I haven't seen any references to that.

#8023 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

Is there any cbill bonus for destroying missiles? I see there's a "missiles destroyed" category on the post-game stats, and was wondering if any of the cbill bonuses incorporate this.

#8024 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 03 August 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Is there any cbill bonus for destroying missiles? I see there's a "missiles destroyed" category on the post-game stats, and was wondering if any of the cbill bonuses incorporate this.

C-bill bonus? Are you saying from a Hero mech like effect (+30% C-bills earned)? Or are you meaning "does it earn you C-Bills"?

As far as I know (to answer both questions), destroying incoming missiles coming into allies (not including yourself) grants you some in match rewards (C-bills and Exp). Any C-bill bonus (such as from mechs, items or premium time) are a stacked multiplier on your final total in game rewards.

So yes, if you have a C-bill booster on, it will improve C-bills earned from intercepting hostile missiles coming into your allies. Not only that, but reducing damage to allies tends to also help you win games, and winning games will also grant additional C-bills (which then will be multiplied by your booster).

In Short: Any C-bill booster applies to the total end score, not to individual in match "achievements" that make up that final total. If your end of match C-bill earnings where, say, 200 C-bills, and you had a double C-bill booster, you would then earn 400 C-bills, no matter what actions it was that earned you those c-bills.

#8025 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostTesunie, on 03 August 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

C-bill bonus? Are you saying from a Hero mech like effect (+30% C-bills earned)? Or are you meaning "does it earn you C-Bills"?

The latter, thanks for the explanation. Is there a way to see how many missiles shot down influences your earnings? i.e. one of those bonus categories on the left side of the post game screen. I can see I shot down 400 missiles or whatever, but dunno how many of those were meant for someone else, and I am not sure how many cbills it's helped earn

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 03 August 2017 - 09:37 PM.

#8026 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 03 August 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

The latter, thanks for the explanation. Is there a way to see how many missiles shot down influences your earnings? i.e. one of those bonus categories on the left side of the post game screen. I can see I shot down 400 missiles or whatever, but dunno how many of those were meant for someone else, and I am not sure how many cbills it's helped earn

The left column is your C-bill earnings. It breaks it down by how much total C-bills you got from the total of an action. For example, it will say -200 team damage in the left column. This doesn't mean you did 200 points of team damage, but that the total "reward" for your team damage was -200 C-bills.

The middle column of the end of match score is your actions total. This is where it will tell you how many actions you did total for each category. Such as 4 Protection Lights, or say 10 points of team damage (to continue with the above example). Each one is worth so much C-bills.

Basically, if you really wanted to know how much shooting down a single missile with AMS actually does, you could take your result from the middle column, and then divide it by the total found in the left column. You can also do this for any of the stats you find on your end of match screen. You could, for instance, also find out how much a "Protection Light" will grant you for every time you achieve one. Or a kill assist. Point of damage. Point of team damage (to continue with above examples).

In your post, you mention "400 missiles" and it's mentioned being "in the left side of the post game screen". This actually would mean that you didn't shoot down 400 missiles, but instead your AMS shooting down enemy missiles earned you an extra 400 C-bills that match. That may not sound like much, but it does add up...

#8027 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

I meant that the "400" part is from the middle of the screen (same part that tells your how many kills and assists you got), not the left side. I guess what I am trying to ask is if the cbills I made from shooting down missiles is reflected anywhere in the left side (the side that tells you your cbills).

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 03 August 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#8028 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 03 August 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

I meant that the "400" part is from the middle of the screen (same part that tells your how many kills and assists you got), not the left side. I guess what I am trying to ask is if the cbills I made from shooting down missiles is reflected anywhere in the left side (the side that tells you your cbills).

I honestly don't know for certain... But I would imagine that if it earns you C-bills, than it certainly should be represented within the score/C-bill breakdown. And last I knew, it should earn you C-bills.

I have to be honest here, it's been a long time (as in almost never) since I ran AMS. I did have it on a mech recently, but I just didn't pay that much attention to my score breakdown. Posted Image It's useful, but I have a hard time placing the weight into it... (I run mostly medium mechs... Okay I run almost entirely only medium mechs...)

#8029 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

No, the use of AMS doesn't give cbill rewards. Tesunie explained that well. If some action is not mentioned on the left box, it doesn't affect your cbill earnings.

#8030 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

Thanks. Yea Tesunie I am in the same boat, never used AMS but have been slapping the laser one on since the patch just to see what happens. Was just wondering if it actually (directly) helps earn cbills. I think I might have heard someone mention off-hand that you get some bonus, but wasn't sure.

#8031 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 03 August 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

No, the use of AMS doesn't give cbill rewards. Tesunie explained that well. If some action is not mentioned on the left box, it doesn't affect your cbill earnings.

I'll have to test it now at some point. I know it gives you some kind of reward when it is used to protect an ally, I just don't know what that reward is at this time...

#8032 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

It doesn't earn c-bills, but it does earn match score and XP.

#8033 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Is Team Captain required to play games in Comp Queue? I know there's checkbox that says something like "allow launching" but does it work when Captain is offline?

#8034 The 4th Amigo

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

I won something called "Horse" in a supply cache. What is it?

#8035 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostThe 4th Amigo, on 06 August 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

It's a decal.

#8036 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostThe 4th Amigo, on 06 August 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Go into "Camo."
"Decals."
"Owned."
"All."
You will find a horse that you can 'paste' onto your mech and then, if you have paint colors, recolor.

You can paste it as many times as you want (up to 7 at once I think per mech), on as many mechs as you feel like having it on.

Edited by Koniving, 06 August 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#8037 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 06 August 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Is Team Captain required to play games in Comp Queue? I know there's checkbox that says something like "allow launching" but does it work when Captain is offline?

I am not certain as to how many comp players we have here in this thread.

I can not help you with a mode selection I do not use. Sorry.

#8038 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

View PostKoniving, on 06 August 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

(up to 7 at once I think per mech)

6 total decal slots. :)

#8039 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Are the ballistic mounts on a Roughneck decent? I'm looking for a heavy ballistic build for my drop deck, and it seems the price is right. My Jagers aren't tanky enough because I'm a crappy player, and I thought a Roughneck might mix it up a bit. I only drop IS because of my 'merc unit obligations. I was thinking of going with the 1B.

Your input is always appreciated, folks.

#8040 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

View PostAureliusDean, on 10 August 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I only drop IS because of my 'merc unit obligations.

I don't know anything about the Roughneck, but as far as being a merc and dropping only IS, mercs can change to a clan allegiance for a contract or two. If your Merc unit wishes to never go clan, nothing stops you from owning a clan mech or two (provided you have the spare mechbays and all). My own unit is primarily an IS unit, and I own some Clan mechs. We've even done a short contract with Clans a few times even. (Still haven't found an IS mech I like to run and that I can do well in...)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users