- - - - -

Short Question, Short Answer

10297 replies to this topic

#7961 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

If the LT only offers 2 hardpoints in those locations then that's what you get. You can't change the physical location of a hardpoint (except by changing Omnipods).

#7962 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 July 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

If it automaticly puts them in in that order then your best bet would be to free up the slots for a 3rd laser, and put all 3 in, then remove the first one you added and put every thing else back.
I have not tried that recently but that trick has worked in the past to allow you to pick which hardpoint is used

Most of the times it worked, but there are several mechs where you can't force the order of weapons.
But it's worth a try.

#7963 Nein Sky

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 July 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

If it automaticly puts them in in that order then your best bet would be to free up the slots for a 3rd laser, and put all 3 in, then remove the first one you added and put every thing else back.
I have not tried that recently but that trick has worked in the past to allow you to pick which hardpoint is used

View Postel piromaniaco, on 20 July 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

Most of the times it worked, but there are several mechs where you can't force the order of weapons.
But it's worth a try.

Yeah, I tried this already. Doen't work for me. It removes the middle weapon anyway. BTW it's GHR-5P and the way it adds the lasers is the most weird one ><

THX any way. Should rething of build then.

#7964 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostNein Sky, on 20 July 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Yeah, I tried this already. Doen't work for me. It removes the middle weapon anyway. BTW it's GHR-5P and the way it adds the lasers is the most weird one ><

THX any way. Should rething of build then.

What lasers are you trying to place there. It should work fine.

Most mechs allow padding with other weapons to push the weapons you actually want, to high mounts.

Two examples. First one I've used flamers to push the two ERL up. Flamers because they are visually different, of course you'd want to use ER-S as they are lighter.

Now, you need to leave those weapons there, or the pushed weapons will drop down. You don't need to use those weapons and most likely you won't be able to.

Spoiler

Another with ER-S pushing two ER PPCs on each ST to high.

Spoiler

Some other typical uses.

Kodiak 3 first with just a pair of gauss rifles, they take the lower slot. But add a MG first and then the gauss rifles can take the top slots, which are really high, anything you can see, you can shoot.

Kodiak 3 has limitation that UAC20/AC20/LXB20 will always take the lower slot. Any AC/LBX/UAC lower caliber, can take the high slot, but must always be padded with MG first.

Spoiler

Some mechs are a little bit weird, possible related to new tech and that not all slots are modelled for all weapons, which may change in future. But in the case of Kodiak 3 the UAC20 is old tech so it's intented limitation.

Cyclops Hero has 2 ballistic on each ST. It's odd in that that you can push UAC20 high, same as UAC10 of course, but not gauss, not light gauss, not AC20, not even AC10.

It could be related to the mech not yet having fully modelled for new tech. UAC20 looks same as UAC5, so if previously you could be allowed to push UAC5 high, then it allows pushing UAC10 and UAC20 high too. As well as for example RAC5.

Of course you can have two light gauss for example so that the other is high, and the other one would look wrong, because they haven't yet been fully modelled.

On this screenshot it has two light gauss on left and UAC20 high on right.
Spoiler

#7965 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

Any word yet on when they'll update the rest of the mechs to correctly display the new weapons?

#7966 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 21 July 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Any word yet on when they'll update the rest of the mechs to correctly display the new weapons?

Well it's a work in progress. I would except all mechs to take at least two more patches, possibly nmore, considering right now only handful are complete.

The majority of 'Mechs have not yet been retrofitted to support the distinct visual appearance of new weaponry. For example, the Rotary Autocannon will appear as an Ultra Autocannon when equipped onto the majority of 'Mechs. Support for these new weapon visuals will be released in stages in future patches starting in August.
Until then, placing new weapons onto a 'Mech which does not yet support the unique visuals will cause those weapons to appear as their similar counterparts. For example, Rocket Launchers will appear as LRMs.

The following 'Mechs however do support the distinct visuals of new weaponry in this patch:

IS
• Black Knight
• Crab
• Enforcer
• Grasshopper
• King Crab
• Mauler
• Zeus
• Panther
• UrbanMech
• Wolfhound
• Annihilator
• Uziel

Clan
• Mad Cat MK II
• Cougar

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 21 July 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#7967 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

What is the order of Node Value for Durability/Armor tree?
Meaning best to worst ones.
I got a Mech where I paid for every Node I needed elsewhere and have a bunch left over.

#7968 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 22 July 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

What is the order of Node Value for Durability/Armor tree?
Meaning best to worst ones.

That depends on the Mech.

Some Mechs get more benefit from armor others are better off with structure, and diferant weight classes get difering gain for each node.

First check your Mechs quirks because the extra percentages from any armor/structure nodes stack with the quirks.

The reinforced casing becomes much more useful if your Mech has a lot of extra structure (because that gives far longer that you can recieve critical hits), but is not that good if you have a lot more armor with comparitavely less structure hitpoints,
AMS is of course worthless if you are not taking AMS

A rule of thumb seems to be that for lighter Mechs armor is usualy better while for assualt Mechs structure is usualy better but again there will be exceptions depending on the Mechs quirks.

#7969 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostNein Sky, on 20 July 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Hi, everyone!

Short question: How can i change the hardpoint (see picture below)?

You kinda can't, unless it has a "preference" for where the laser is. For example if you were using medium lasers and it did that, it is possible it might "prefer" a large laser to be in the upper space.

Many mechs have this sort of issue, for example the Victor's right arm "prefers" the largest AC to be in the primary position, even if you put it in after other weapons it will move other weapons to the side positions in order to have the biggest AC in the primary position.

The Banshee prefers to have its biggest AC and biggest energy weapon in the 'primary' hip positions and will rearrange all the weapons inserted before it so that they will be there. If you have multiples, it then seems to have a secondary preference and from there it becomes completely random so long as the primary and secondary preferences for 'big weapons' are filled.

Good luck. If it is weighted, perhaps adding a "TAG" laser will work? TAG lasers tend to 'drop' in preference. You'd also get some bonus cash if anyone LRMs your target while 'firing' the TAG.

#7970 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

How good a game do I need to get 150 match score in Faction play?

#7971 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

150 is pretty much nothing, best way to get many points is to stay on one mech for whole game.

If I own a hero mech, can I buy second one, same?

#7972 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 23 July 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

150 is pretty much nothing, best way to get many points is to stay on one mech for whole game.

If I own a hero mech, can I buy second one, same?

Yep.

It'll get its own skill tree, just like all the other mechs now.
I'd ask why you would want to, but I figure it's faction play related.

Help me narrow down some patterns?
https://mwomercs.com...ut/page__st__20
The time I have to make a choice is coming to a close soon; pick out some favorites.
My allies and my enemies alike will be the ones to look at the paints more than myself.

#7973 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostKeltan, on 23 July 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

How good a game do I need to get 150 match score in Faction play?

Match score is roughly damage halved, and then in CW, divided by the mechs you use. Other things'll add in, but if you get Twelve hundred damage you'll get your 150 match score, no matter what. (Things like scouting, component destroyed an what not'll lower the damage requirement,)

Trying to stay on one mech the whole way is actually a poor way of trying to do it, since it'll mean taking a mech off of the line of battle, giving your team a disadvantage against the enemy. Which usually means your team gets outnumbered and defeated, and once their done with the team, they'll move onto you next, an you'll have no teammates left to assist you. People complaint about thier spawns getting overrun when they do this very thing that prompts it.

Trying to save your mech means abandoning your team on the most team-centric game mode this game has. Please, do not do so. Just focus on getting your damage in and by all means don't get caught alone against superior numbers, but don't abandon your team either.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 24 July 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#7974 ZZ 80

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

Does the UAC jam chance quirk of the Zeus 5S only affect UAC5s or all UACs? The MWO client mechlab shows this as 'UAC5 Jam Chance' and the latest pdf shows it as 'UAC Jam Chance'.

THX in advance!

#7975 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostLeone, on 23 July 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Match score is roughly damage halved, and then in CW, divided by the mechs you use. Other things'll add in, but if you get Twelve hundred damage you'll get your 150 match score, no matter what. (Things like scouting, component destroyed an what not'll lower the damage requirement,)

I've had match scores of less than 70 with 600+ damage lately, and a match score of 350-ish for 153 damage.

So it isn't not entirely true anymore. There are other factors at play, like the little 'pay' trinkets. (The 600+ damage I was completely on my own, bit late to the party so I did all of my own damage and kills with little teamwork since the team was mostly dead.) (The other I moved with the team, was a sluggish part of the deathball and hung out on objective markers).

View PostZZ 80, on 24 July 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

Does the UAC jam chance quirk of the Zeus 5S only affect UAC5s or all UACs? The MWO client mechlab shows this as 'UAC5 Jam Chance' and the latest pdf shows it as 'UAC Jam Chance'.

THX in advance!

If it says "UAC" without the /5, it affects all.

I can't say if it affects RAC.

#7976 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostZZ 80, on 24 July 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

THX in advance!

patch notes said

UAC Jam Chance > Enhanced UAC / RAC
UAC Jam Chance Nodes have been replaced with Enhanced UAC/RAC Nodes. Rather than reducing the chances of incurring a weapon jam, these Nodes will now instead reduce the Jam Duration for UACs and improve the dissipation rate of the Jam Gauge for RACs.

#7977 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

used to be when you mouse over a weapon for a tooltip, it would list all the applicable quirk effects at the bottom; now, they generally add it directly to the numbers (in parentheses). It's a little inconsistent though - some missile launchers show spread stat, some don't, for example. That aside, I don't think they show jam chance as a tooltip stat (to my recollection), esp. now that the skill tree does not affect it.

kinda thinking you wont really notice it much one way or another, unless you are double tapping every time.

#7978 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:34 AM

it seems only the skill tree nodes have changed for UACs, but the quirks all still show uac5 only. and there is no modifier in brackets on the weapon tooltip forthe other uacs, so itseems quirks dont affect 2,10 and 20s yet if labeled uac5 quirk.

sadly,or i would have used uac10s on wolverine and zeus already.

#7979 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Do Targeting computers help LRM lock ons and crit chances?
What is the 1... 2... 3... % chances on targeting computers?

#7980 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostScottAleric, on 25 July 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Do Targeting computers help LRM lock ons and crit chances?
What is the 1... 2... 3... % chances on targeting computers?

Crit chance yes, lock ons no.

They give you the enemy paper doll info faster, not the actual lock on time.

Lock on time is decreased by artemis, and I think that's the only thing that affects it. Everything else is target info time. (Do correct me if im wrong forumites)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook