10297 replies to this topic

#9321 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:25 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 26 February 2020 - 03:26 PM, said:

Tried the link, most of the mechs I used to like are not in any of the tiers.... Shadowhawk and Jagermech to name 2 lol. Which list to I pick from in order to try to earn cbils to buy more Mechs...

To earn CBills, get some PT, take a well performing Mech with CBill-Bonus (Hero, S-Variant, L-Variant for example) and, well, perform well. Here's an up-to-date list of match-earnings https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6266075

#9322 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:53 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 February 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

To earn CBills, get some PT, take a well performing Mech with CBill-Bonus (Hero, S-Variant, L-Variant for example) and, well, perform well. Here's an up-to-date list of match-earnings https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6266075

could you guys refresh my memory, do repairs and Ammo resupply cost cbils?

#9323 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:56 PM

they did once, but now they don't. The only things that cost you CBills are 'mechs, equipment, skill points and consumables. You don't pay for repairs, ammo or destroyed equipment.

#9324 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:59 PM

in that case I might actually be able to buy mechs with cbills eventually

#9325 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:20 AM

you will. If you'd like to get some further tips on how to enhance your play and gains with the chassis' you own, I'd suggest you open a new topic in new player help where we can discuss this en detail.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 27 February 2020 - 12:21 AM.

#9326 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:04 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 26 February 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

in that case I might actually be able to buy mechs with cbills eventually

If you have the MC, Mech Bundles are currently on sale (as well as weapons!) for 50% of their normal costs. The Mech Bundles come with three mechbays, a normal C-bill variant, a Champion(C) Variant and a Hero mech from that chassis line. Also includes Premium Time...

There is also an event going on that should be easy to get C-bill and MC rewards (by claiming the event activities you've completed either in game with the funky looking E on the bottom bar, mid/left or on the web here), which can probably get you enough C-bills for a new mech without too much trouble. If I'm doing my math right, there is 600 MCs up for grabs if you do all those parts of the event. This can easily get you more mech bays, or those 50% off mech bundle packs (which come with 3 mechbays... so it may be worth buying that while it's cheap, and selling the mechs you don't want for C-bills).

Just some food for thought.

PS: You can purchase these mech bundles in the in game shop for MCs.

#9327 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

View PostTesunie, on 27 February 2020 - 05:04 PM, said:

If you have the MC, Mech Bundles are currently on sale (as well as weapons!) for 50% of their normal costs. The Mech Bundles come with three mechbays, a normal C-bill variant, a Champion(C) Variant and a Hero mech from that chassis line. Also includes Premium Time...

There is also an event going on that should be easy to get C-bill and MC rewards (by claiming the event activities you've completed either in game with the funky looking E on the bottom bar, mid/left or on the web here), which can probably get you enough C-bills for a new mech without too much trouble. If I'm doing my math right, there is 600 MCs up for grabs if you do all those parts of the event. This can easily get you more mech bays, or those 50% off mech bundle packs (which come with 3 mechbays... so it may be worth buying that while it's cheap, and selling the mechs you don't want for C-bills).

Just some food for thought.

PS: You can purchase these mech bundles in the in game shop for MCs.

Any particular bundles I should be looking for given my mid to long range preferences?

#9328 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:32 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 27 February 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

Any particular bundles I should be looking for given my mid to long range preferences?

None of the bundles could be purchased for the 600 MCs you'd earn from this event, but if you have some other MC already sitting around I can make a few suggestions.

For high mounted weapons (typically good for shooting over hills and objects) you have:
- Raven: Comes with the 4X which has JJs, the 3L(C) which can take ECM and stealth armor, and the hero Huginn which is typically better for missiles and/or MGs (though some people have gotten creative with this one). MRMs is probably your most mid-range options for the Huginn, otherwise the rest can fit into your desire at 35 tons.
- Catapult: Has the K2 which has high energy mounts and reasonably well placed torso ballistic points, the A1(C) which has pure missile hardpoints (not suitable for your current style), and the Jester which has several high mounted energy mounts. Jester can also take dual AMS and JJs, so it's a solid choice (in my opinion).
- Hunchback: Has the 4SP with lower energy slots and higher missile slots, the 4P(C) which has a hunch of high energy slots and the hero Grid Iron. The Grid Iron is a mech I found difficult to create a build for, but it does have high mounted ballistics you may like.
- Shadowhawk: 2D2 has shoulder ballistics, 2H(C) I'm not sure of though it also will have some sort of shoulder mount, and the Grey Death is basically same kinda deal as the 2H. I don't know much about this one personally...
- Thunderbolt: A reasonable chassis where a lot of their torso weapons are high mount. I own some, but not familiar enough to describe these individual ones. Comes with the 5SS, 9ES(C) and the hero Top Dog.
- Jagermech: These are well known for high mounted arm weapons, and lower mounted torso weapons. Most of it's weapons are arm mounted. If you like ballistics, the 6-S is a good choice. The 6-A(C) may be more difficult to utilize with it's missile mounts though it still has two arm ballistics (one in each arm) to work with. Then the Firebrand I believe has energy arm mounts? I don't know much about the Firebrand to be honest...
- Battlemasters: The Battlemaster 1S is known for it's missiles though it does have high chest mounted energy hardpoints as well. The 2C(C) I'm not certain about, but should have chest mounted energy as well. The Hellslinger is a special hero mech that does not gain benefits nor penalties for the temperature of the map it is on. I don't personally know much else, but it appears to have high mounted energy slots?
- Stalker: Stalkers are Stalkers, and they are typically well regarded as solid mech choices. The 5M has a CT energy slot last I recall, but otherwise has high mounted energy arm slots, perfect for hill poking. The 3F(C) also has a good blend of energy and missile, with high mounted arm energy mounts again and good twist angles. The Misery is the only Stalker that can field an AC on a side torso, and last I knew retains much of the classic Stalker high energy mounts in the arms (I could be incorrect here, I'm just glossing over this from memory). This is my most recommended pack as a generalized note personally.

As a side note, if you are just looking for Mechbays and C-bills, the Locust pack (especially at 50% off) last I knew gives you the typical 3 mechbays and a lot of C-bills for selling the mechs off. I was informed that it was the best C-bill to MC conversion at one point in the game, and I don't believe that has changed from what I last knew. Plus, the Pirates Bane is a solid light mech choice, though probably not fitting what you are looking for "right now".

However, this event will only grant you 600 MCs which can't purchase any of these bundles on it's own (cheapest bundle being 1,592 MCs at this moment as the Locust bundle). MCs is typically best used for getting Mechbays, and 600 MCs can get you two Mechbays. Every once in a while (typically around Christmas time), PGI will hold 50% off Mechbay sales... and that 600 MCs can then get you 4 bays total. (You can also earn Mechbays for free in game via Faction Play loyalty system.)

As a side note, if you did every part of the even, you'd get 4,000,000 C-bills (if I've done my math correctly), and that is excluding the C-bills you'd earn within the game while playing matches to complete the event...

* Most of the "this is good" notions are from personal experience and is based on my own opinion. I leave it to the individual players to determine what they feel is good for them to themselves.

#9329 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

I some how have 9k mc... last I checked I thought I only had about 2k ....

re Raven : I find lights move too fast for my personal visual accuity lol

Catapult I have the one that came with the game....the C1(F)

Shadowhawks - I have the 2D2, 2H(P) and the 5M

Thunderbolt - 5S(P), 5SS, 9SE

Jagermech - I have mastered the firebrand, and I have the 6-A and the 6-DD

Battlemaster- 1D, 1G(P), 1S

I have no preference for lasers or ballistics, and fore emergency use I am okay with srms if they are streaks.

so What would happen if I bought a bundle for which I already have one or more of the mechs in the bundle.? and given what I have which of the bundles that you listed would you recommend aside from the stalker... always been kinda curious to try that one tbh, might get it anyway

Edited by Jaegerwulf, 27 February 2020 - 07:55 PM.

#9330 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:19 PM

Honestly, I think you are set when it comes to the possible gains from the current bundle sale. Maybe the Hunchback bundle for the 4P and the Grid Iron which can run some ok mid range setups, on the 4SP you could try MRMs, which are probably new to you.

#9331 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:33 PM

Fair enough, but to be fair most of the bundles for which I own variants it is only 1 variant and and the firebrand is the only named variant that I own... if I did buy the bundles like that would I end up with duplicates?

Edited by Jaegerwulf, 27 February 2020 - 10:45 PM.

#9332 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

yes you would. You can sell the duplicates ofc and keep the mechbays, but that might not pay out. Bc you pay MC and get Cbills, bad trade.

#9333 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

What is a good mech for getting my 200 damage with missiles?

#9334 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:59 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 28 February 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

What is a good mech for getting my 200 damage with missiles?

Any mech that runs missile weapons, really.
But if you take a look at the event's goal structure, you need to deal at least 5000 damage combined. At that point, if you haven't completely ignored one of the weapon types you'll have completed the 200-damage goal even without deliberately trying.

#9335 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 29 February 2020 - 12:59 AM, said:

Any mech that runs missile weapons, really.
But if you take a look at the event's goal structure, you need to deal at least 5000 damage combined. At that point, if you haven't completely ignored one of the weapon types you'll have completed the 200-damage goal even without deliberately trying.

oddly enough so far the mech I have been using is the Firebrand so no missiles >.<

#9336 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:41 AM

Not a MW:O question directly... But anyone who watched my Skill Tree guide... what did you think? Anything I should improve on for future concepts? Did I ramble too much? Too much drifting from topic to topic? Just wondering...

#9337 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:19 AM

Tesunie said:

1582994518[/url]' post='6322298']
Not a MW:O question directly... But anyone who watched my Skill Tree guide... what did you think? Anything I should improve on for future concepts? Did I ramble too much? Too much drifting from topic to topic? Just wondering...

Maybe consider adding timestamps to the description for each skill tree section

Edited by Jaegerwulf, 29 February 2020 - 09:30 AM.

#9338 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:30 AM

Oh, are there any decent mwo discord servers?

#9339 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:03 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 29 February 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Maybe consider adding timestamps to the description for each skill tree section

I'll have to figure out how to do that... Still really new to this whole video recording stuff...

View PostJaegerwulf, on 29 February 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

Oh, are there any decent mwo discord servers?

Plenty of them. Comstar I believe is a generalized one (don't ask me more, I don't know), as well as many units that use Discord. DAG seems like a good unit that has been growing lately, as well as ELWP. I'm part of the Seraphim unit and we also have our own Discord. Basically, if you find a chatty player in game with a unit tag, you can always ask them about their unit. Many units are welcoming to new players.
(If you want to get into contact with DAG or ELWP, let me know and I'll link you in. Same for Seraphim, but we are rather strict on our personal Code of Conduct.)

#9340 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

I have from time to time considered trying out the unit stuff but none of my friends are currently playing and aside from the next 60 days I am not sure I could commit to playing frequently ... I could probably commit to playing regularily as long as it wasn't every day. What did you mean about a strict 'personal code of conduct) for Seraphim? also if I were to join a unit I would prefer to be in one in which I could play my choise of is or clan mechs... there are some from both sides that I like...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users