Short Question, Short Answer

10292 replies to this topic

#41 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostscJazz, on 10 October 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Except damage that is transfered is halved. 100 Right Leg becomes 50 Right Torso becomes 25 CT.

This is what makes a torso twisting Centurion a beast to put down. Large shoulder "pods" remain on the structure plus the Side torsos are fairly big. Ditto the Stalker.

Thanks a bunch. That does clear it up. There seems to be a common misconception that only ammo explosions get any benefit from CASE. It's much more to the point to remember that CASE manages *any* explosion, but that it just keeps it from the CT. Does said ST explosion affect the attached arm? One might assume that it renders it ineffective, but is it still there will all it's armor and HP to absorb further hits?

#42 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostGeek Verve, on 12 October 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Thanks a bunch. That does clear it up. There seems to be a common misconception that only ammo explosions get any benefit from CASE. It's much more to the point to remember that CASE manages *any* explosion, but that it just keeps it from the CT. Does said ST explosion affect the attached arm? One might assume that it renders it ineffective, but is it still there will all it's armor and HP to absorb further hits?

All explosions transfer inward. Arm to ST. Leg to ST. ST to CT. Head to CT? Not sure.

Anyway. Once the ST is gone, there's no longer an arm in 98% of cases, and if there still is the arm is unaffected by the explosion in the ST. Damage goes inward, not outward.

http://www.qqmercs.com/?p=1415 Will help you a lot on this topic.

Note: The consumption order demonstrated is generally true but there are exceptions in some mechs.

Edited by Koniving, 12 October 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#43 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

When I shoot LRM at an opponent that is not visible for me, but locked by an ally, and that ally has artemis, do my LRMs the guidance bonus?

#44 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostDenolven, on 12 October 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

When I shoot LRM at an opponent that is not visible for me, but locked by an ally, and that ally has artemis, do my LRMs the guidance bonus?

No. Artemis only applies to the missles fired from the launcher it's attached to. Remember, Artemis requires special ammo (a fact easily overlooked since they removed R&R), so if they aren't artemis missles, they don't get an artemis bonus.

#45 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Artemis also only applies with targets you can personally see as the Artemis user.

#46 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

If I buy a permanent reusable pattern:
1. is it available for all variants of the chassis?
2. is it available if I sell and lader re-buy the mech?

#47 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostDenolven, on 12 October 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

If I buy a permanent reusable pattern:
1. is it available for all variants of the chassis?
2. is it available if I sell and latter re-buy the mech?

1. Yes
IE if you buy it for the Centurion9-AL you can also put it on the Centurion9-A and 9-D
2. Yes

#48 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

How can I set the weapon order in the mech lab? I have 3 missile hardpoints (10, 5, 2) and want to use an LRM20/10/5 to fire 2 salvos (+1 wasted missile). But when I save the loadout, it switches places so I fire LRM 5/10/20 instead of 20/10/5.
In other words: the game forces me to fire LRM20 through 2 tubes and LRM5 through 10 tubes. :huh:
(Victor-9S)

Edited by Denolven, 12 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#49 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostDenolven, on 12 October 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

How can I set the weapon order in the mech lab? I have 3 missile hardpoints (10, 5, 2) and want to use an LRM20/10/5 to fire 2 salvos (+1 wasted missile). But when I save the loadout, it switches places so I fire LRM 5/10/20 instead of 20/10/5.
In other words: the game forces me to fire LRM20 through 2 tubes and LRM5 through 10 tubes. :huh:
(Victor-9S)

UI2.0 is supposed to fix this... if you notice the weapons are being sorted by name.

Having said that... I'm advising you as both an LRM addicted fiend and a Master Victor pilot to not even think about boating LRMs with a Victor.

I waited this entire time to post.

#50 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostscJazz, on 12 October 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Having said that... I'm advising you as both an LRM addicted fiend and a Master Victor pilot to not even think about boating LRMs with a Victor.

I am told the Highlander plays similar - but boats LRM better....

#51 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Well, a stock Victor with no upgrades and a STD250 is not exactly suitable for close combat (at least not in my hands). So LRMs + AC5 it is for now. Doubles my damage output from 100 to 200 ;).
No worries, I play the 9B differently, and quite a bit better :D

Edited by Denolven, 13 October 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostscJazz, on 12 October 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

UI2.0 is supposed to fix this... if you notice the weapons are being sorted by name.

Exception to this rule. The two LT missile hardpoints in the Stalker 5M are sorted by slot-size. The weapon with the most slots will fill the NARC launcher.

And put LRMs into the Victor! Just make sure they're all the same size.

#53 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 October 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Exception to this rule. The two LT missile hardpoints in the Stalker 5M are sorted by slot-size. The weapon with the most slots will fill the NARC launcher.

And put LRMs into the Victor! Just make sure they're all the same size.

It is in fact a mess and no LRMs in Victors! I'm not nearly insane enough to do that and I'm a Lurming fiend.

#54 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Dooded it! Pre-penalty non-sense.

Edited by Koniving, 13 October 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#55 ICE IX

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Home page does not display MECHLAB as advertised in the tutorial. Just a spashpage with promotionals. I need to be able to launch a trIal mech and freeroam to checkout my hardware interface (joystick, video settings, etc). How do I get started - preferably without buying credits with real dollars?

#56 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostICE IX, on 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Home page does not display MECHLAB as advertised in the tutorial. Just a spashpage with promotionals. I need to be able to launch a trIal mech and freeroam to checkout my hardware interface (joystick, video settings, etc). How do I get started - preferably without buying credits with real dollars?

You never need to spend any money to play, it's free. The first page of the client is HOME(contains updates and news feed) and you can select MECHLAB along the top/center of the client to enter the mechlab.

You have the option of launching into a Testing Ground session which is a great way to check your settings.

Up at the upper right there is a Launch button. To the left of the Launch is a gear. Press the gear and select testing grounds.

To change which trial mech you're using, you can use the Ready List at the bottom or go to the mechlab. You won't be able to make any changes to the trial mechs, but you can play the game to earn C-bills to buy your own mech. The first 25 matches give you a significant bonus to help you get started!

#57 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostKoniving, on 13 October 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Spoiler

Dooded it! Pre-penalty non-sense.

How to instant-click stuff into the mech in mechlab? You did it in the video.

Also: Does Artemis influence SSRMS flight?

Edited by Denolven, 13 October 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostDenolven, on 13 October 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

How to instant-click stuff into the mech in mechlab? You did it in the video.

Also: Does Artemis influence SSRMS flight?

Double click. It doesn't influence their flight but due to a bug it accelerates their lock-ons.

#59 ICE IX

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I gathered that. My problem was that I could get to the MECLAB in the first place... ...due to operator error. I hadn't installed the patch immediately following installation of the .exe launcher, and then when initial launch failed I ended up trying to launch directly off the website (via internet explorer) which, of course, cannot be done. It might help to provide a one-liner in the download window, directing NOOBs to install the patch first. In any case, problem solve. Thanx for your quick response(s).

#60 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostDenolven, on 12 October 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

How can I set the weapon order in the mech lab? (...)
(Victor-9S)

I have found a way to get the desired Result (LRM 20/10/5 in left torso and in that order):
  • put in LRM 10/5/10
  • save, then open loadout again - it should show LRM 10/10/5 now
  • remove the FIRST LRM 10
  • put in the LRM 20, save
  • if you open loadout now, it should show 20/10/5, as originally desired
Yes, it took a while to find the pattern...
It's a weird behavior, where all three "rotate one down" if you remove the first and put a new one, then save.

How can I report a bug? "Issues" subforum seems to be closed.

Edited by Denolven, 13 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users