• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:47 AM

View PostSpymaster001, on 04 December 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

hi when i tried fcw i couldn't join a match
Faction Warfare requires you to select the faction you want to fight for and configure a "drop deck" of four mechs from the corresponding faction.
It's also a fairly low population endgame mode, with queue times in ~20 minute range.
Using trial mechs in FW is detrimental for both you and your team, so for now it's better to stick to Quickplay, get a hang of the game, then purchase and prepare mechs for your first drop deck. Trust me on that one.
There are more extensive guides for FP written by better players than I, just look them up.

#9462 NeighborVadim

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 09:04 PM

what am i suppose to do when i first start a match? i've been following my teammates but after a couple minutes i just get picked off by someone peaking from behind a rock before i can even return fire

#9463 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:46 AM

View PostNeighborVadim, on 06 December 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

what am i suppose to do when i first start a match?
Depends on your mech, its' speed and its' build.

but after a couple minutes i just get picked off by someone peaking from behind a rock before i can even return fire
Getting one-shot in this game is pretty hard.You were either underarmored to begin with or ate a LOT of fire before the killing shot reached you. Try to not expose your mech so much and pay more attention to your paperdoll.

#9464 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:49 AM

move with your lancemates and shoot what they shoot. Try not to block your lancemates retreat vector.

#9465 Erik Ouzbel

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:44 AM

Why is the FAQ section only about mech packs and not frequently asked questions?

View Postmartian, on 04 December 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

No, there is no such way.

I have heard that some people deliberately use sub-optimal 'Mech builds to have a low Match Score (and PSR) to drop a Tier or two.

That's really odd. I shouldn't be put up against top tier players when I have an overall kda ratio of 0.38, if I'm understanding the ranking system correctly, and it joins tier 3 people with tier 1s constantly.

#9466 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:12 AM

View PostErik Ouzbel, on 07 December 2020 - 01:44 AM, said:

Why is the FAQ section only about mech packs and not frequently asked questions?

That's really odd. I shouldn't be put up against top tier players when I have an overall kda ratio of 0.38, if I'm understanding the ranking system correctly, and it joins tier 3 people with tier 1s constantly.

1st, Remember there was a PSR reset, and PGI dropped everyone and their dog into Tier 3.

Are you dropping as part of a group? WLR last month was 1.29. Take a look at your personal score at the end of each match, since even on a win your PSR movement can and will drop now (look for the down arrow) based on how you did, MS-wise, compared to the other 23 players, since the zero-sum PSR reset is only calculated per drop, not an overall zero-sum, and with the winning side having a small positive multiplier.

Sadly though, PGI in their infinite wisdom also has NEW ACCOUNTS (Cadets) starting in Tier 3 for the time being. And on the reset PGI moved EVERYONE to Tier 3, when they should have left Tier 4-5 where they were at then dropped Tier 1-2 into mid-Tier 3, then those who had low avg MS (ie 173 MS) but had gotten to Tier 1-2 due to dropping 30K games would have been able to work themselves down to Tier 4-5.

Based on your average Matchscore, the PSR should be working you towards Tier 4, etc unless you are dropping as part of a 3-4man group where the others are bagging your opponents merciless, helping to ensure even your low scores would be high enough to move that PSR up instead of down. Below is the link to the final version. See the highlighted 2C (J-Z).

https://mwomercs.com...ity-version-10/

Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 December 2020 - 06:14 AM.

#9467 Erik Ouzbel

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:19 AM

Thanks. Is there a match replay or save match function hiding somewhere? It would help me get better and figure out where I'm dying constantly.

#9468 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:10 AM

no such thing ingame, but you can try nvidia shadow play or what the ATI alternative is called

#9469 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:38 PM

Or, if your PC isn't too potato, stream your gameplay to your Twitch / Youtube account so that you can review it at your leisure

#9470 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:18 PM

View PostNeighborVadim, on 06 December 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

what am i suppose to do when i first start a match? i've been following my teammates but after a couple minutes i just get picked off by someone peaking from behind a rock before i can even return fire

A proper response to this could be a thread in itself.
Some general tips in no particular order:
1. Understand the game mode and win conditions, even though for the most part you want to kill mechs.
2. Try to stay with your team but don't block their way or run in front of them when they fire. Try to stay near mechs that move about the same speed as you do or are a little bigger.
3. Dying is very easy to do when you're new. Try to be patient with the game and keep playing more to get a feel for it. Honestly, there's quite a bit of a learning curve.
4. On the Home tab, there's a Training Grounds link where you can drop into empty maps and play around with your keys and movement, aiming and firing. Turn your mouse sensitivity all the way down in settings. You can also increase the FOV in the cockpit some.
5. Battlefield awareness is king. Try to keep an eye on your battlegrid and also understand that it only shows targets that you see in your LoS or your allies have targeted. It's not true radar or sensors.
6. Press R to target.
7. Twist to spread damage to shield with your arms and side torsos. Don't drive in a straight line.
8. Manage your heat so that you never shut down.
9. Move from cover to cover, don't stray out in the open for long.
10. Don't be the first one on your team to enter an area. Let someone else lead for now. Be their wingman.

#9471 d34dlock

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:50 AM

Hello everyone!

I've purchased gift TimberWolf. There was an inscription "2 for 1 deal". What does it mean?

Sorry for stupid question, I'm a total noob in MWO.

#9472 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2020 - 02:26 PM

View Postd347hl0ck, on 16 December 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

I've purchased gift TimberWolf. There was an inscription "2 for 1 deal". What does it mean?
You should receive two gift codes in your e-mail.

#9473 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:51 PM

What exactly did you buy?
note that you can not redeem a second timberwolf pack, so you will have to give/trade it to another account/user

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 16 December 2020 - 11:53 PM.

#9474 ComRamrod

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

Hi there Posted Image

Whats happening with the MWOportalintsaller ? I am downloading it from the website and few seconds after pushing the install button an error message appears Posted Image

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

What it says up up....

#9475 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 11:01 PM

View PostComRamrod, on 30 December 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hi there Posted Image

Whats happening with the MWOportalintsaller ? I am downloading it from the website and few seconds after pushing the install button an error message appears Posted Image

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

What it says up up....

Use this e-mail to ask the MWO Technical Support service:
technical@mwomercs.com

#9476 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:57 PM

View PostErik Ouzbel, on 08 December 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

Thanks. Is there a match replay or save match function hiding somewhere? It would help me get better and figure out where I'm dying constantly.

The Nvidia GeForce software (if you're running nvidia) has a setting where it will 'remember' the last xx minutes it rendered. Basically, you don't have to set it to record. If something cool happens... you press alt+z to bring up the menu, hit save, and it records everything up to the preset length (I think mine is 17min, so I can get the mech selection and the longest game). Then I just chop the ends off in windows movie maker. I never wanted to mess with setting up to record, but this is so easy... and a choice done AFTER something happens that you want to see.

#9477 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:54 PM

Is there any benifit to maxing out skills on all variants? I haven't played in a few years and there used to be extra bonuses to maxing out all variants.

#9478 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:15 PM

View PostAthanos Kerensky, on 05 April 2021 - 03:54 PM, said:

Is there any benifit to maxing out skills on all variants? I haven't played in a few years and there used to be extra bonuses to maxing out all variants.

None.

Back in ye olde skill system, you had to skill up three variants of the chassis to Master a mech, which gave more bonuses. Now you don’t.

#9479 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:26 PM

View PostAthanos Kerensky, on 05 April 2021 - 03:54 PM, said:

No, this is no longer needed. You can concentrate on one variant and ignore the rest (for example you can work on mastering CTF-1X and completely ignore CTF-2X and -3D).

Remember one thing: You can unlock as many nodes as you wish on one 'Mech, but only 91 nodes can be active. So you should plan beforehand, what results you want to achieve.

Other than that, you can unequip your unlocked (owned) nodes and move to some other nodes.
For example, if you unlocked a lot of nodes in the Jump Jets section and you decide that you would like to have a better firepower, you can unequip those Jump Jets nodes and unlock new nodes elsewhere. Just remember the number "91".

#9480 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:55 PM

You can save your skill sets for different loadouts, meaning you can have 1 set of skills with main focus on missile weapons, another set of saved skills for dakka build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users