208 replies to this topic

#41 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I've already clamed a couple of these, in the end the Atlas K is the same mech minus the C-Bill bonus.

Missile Pod + XL engine is comical.

#42 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Ugh... That name...

I bet they painted themselves into a corner when they decided on a Mexican theme.
They couldn't really call it the "Chupacabra" because it's too cheesy. And, people aren't really afraid of the creature...They go looking for it.
I looked into other monsters of Mexican lore, and the ones with scary descriptions don't have scary names...Unless you can pronounce Quezalcoatl.
If they named it for one tribe or another, that could be taken as politically incorrect.

They might not want to name it for a particular state, because it could be construed as favoritism, or a joke. After all, Mexico's states have names like Chihuahua and Tabasco that are just plain funny if you don't know they're states.

Name it for an animal? The apex predator in those parts is the jaguar...
Actually, the paint job includes serpent shapes, doesn't it? Maybe it could be called the "Anaconda".

They could have named it for some pre-Columbian weapon, like the "macahuitl" or "tecpatl", but many choices are hard for the average gringo to pronounce.

So, the best names I can think of are "Anaconda", "Tecpatl", or "El Bandido".

Well, what's done is done. PGI hasn't corrected the paint job on the Herp-Lo-Derp, so I don't expect them to un-f*** the name of this mech.

#43 LemonsDaBest

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Loookkkkkss like Metro 2033/ Last light. [redacted]....SsSssOOOollllllDdDD!!
I can already feel this beast destroying everything!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 04 March 2014 - 04:04 PM.
Filter bypass

#44 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostAmsro, on 04 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

I've already clamed a couple of these, in the end the Atlas K is the same mech minus the C-Bill bonus.

Missile Pod + XL engine is comical.

I thought the same thing but i want to run him (near)vanilla for some times first.

#45 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Bought it.

Would not recommend.

You simply can't bring enough cowbell for an assault mech.

Low slung weapons. it's a travesty of a horrible mech

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Contacting support for a refund.

keep in mind I actually LIKE my pretty baby, that should clue you in about how bad this mech is.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 05 March 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#46 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Too bad pulse lasers are still shit. Learn to build a competitive mech in your own damn game pgi.

#47 Nova Yield

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

GREAT JOB!!! You've put out another real money mech, and directx 11. Maybe you should have used that time, and manpower to fix this game so it works the way it is supposed to . Hire new people and go do something else

#48 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostHawk819, on 04 March 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hate to burst your bubble there. At last look on Sarna.net, there's no variant 3E. Have a look for yourself:

Banshee

It's possible that the screen shot has it all wrong. If I had to guess I'd say we're getting the following variants: 1E, 3M, 3S, and 5M. Just saying is all.

You might want to Re-look at Sarna. The BNC-3E is the BASE variant. gotta remember that's shown on the SIDE with the 'Mech stats, not mixed in with the later variants. Also, We're not going to see the 1E. That's a prototype with primitive tech. hell, if you'd read the 1E's description fully, it MENTIONS the 3E fixed its design flaws "but at the expense of firepower."

Point is, do ALL the research before you call someone out. Just makes you look stupid otherwise.\

Also, variant wise, we'll probably get the 3E,3M, 3Q,3S and 5S (3MC isn't much diff from the 3M).

Edited by Arkhangel, 04 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#49 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Maybe build?

I think I like my Battlemaster Chassis more then the Banshee. Similar to be sure.

Crazy Gauss build!

Edited by Amsro, 04 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#50 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

That is a very nice looking Battlemech PGI.
But before I will buy anymore, you need to fix the inventory option to sell Mech's. I still cannot sell two chassis that are taking up mech bay space. And yes I know how to sell Mechs and have sold several variants through the Inventory pop-up menu. Instead of another patch to sell something, how about a patch to fix what is already messed up? And yes I know that is a very long list. :rolleyes:

Edited by Danny Fubar Col 21C RHG, 04 March 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#51 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 04 March 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ugh... That name...

I bet they painted themselves into a corner when they decided on a Mexican theme.
They couldn't really call it the "Chupacabra" because it's too cheesy. And, people aren't really afraid of the creature...They go looking for it.
I looked into other monsters of Mexican lore, and the ones with scary descriptions don't have scary names...Unless you can pronounce Quezalcoatl.
If they named it for one tribe or another, that could be taken as politically incorrect.

They might not want to name it for a particular state, because it could be construed as favoritism, or a joke. After all, Mexico's states have names like Chihuahua and Tabasco that are just plain funny if you don't know they're states.

Name it for an animal? The apex predator in those parts is the jaguar...
Actually, the paint job includes serpent shapes, doesn't it? Maybe it could be called the "Anaconda".

They could have named it for some pre-Columbian weapon, like the "macahuitl" or "tecpatl", but many choices are hard for the average gringo to pronounce.

So, the best names I can think of are "Anaconda", "Tecpatl", or "El Bandido".

Well, what's done is done. PGI hasn't corrected the paint job on the Herp-Lo-Derp, so I don't expect them to un-f*** the name of this mech.

LMAO! :rolleyes:

#52 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

Wow, so it's another Pretty Baby:, "Let's make the worst variant a Hero for lulz!"

#53 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostDanny Fubar Col 21C RHG, on 04 March 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

That is a very nice looking Battlemech PGI.
But before I will buy anymore, you need to fix the inventory option to sell Mech's. I still cannot sell two chassis that are taking up mech bay space. And yes I know how to sell Mechs and have sold several variants through the Inventory pop-up menu. Instead of another patch to sell something, how about a patch to fix what is already messed up? And yes I know that is a very long list. :rolleyes:

posting off-topic? liking your own post? classy.

#54 Kaos Amalgam

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHuntley

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Are we surprised about the racism going on?
Yen Lo Wang's the china mech with a Japanese flag paintjob
and this thing is named after a lady who betrayed her country for an invasion by Europeans (Spain)
The pattern is definitely going to continue. This game is literally just Racist Olympics...kinda like G Gundam. which is why I like it.

Seriously. Think about it. Battletech is just racist olympics in giant robots.

#55 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Only seen four or five La Munchies so far but everyone of them was a walking feast of cbills, thanks pgi!

#56 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostKaos Amalgam, on 04 March 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Are we surprised about the racism going on?
Yen Lo Wang's the china mech with a Japanese flag paintjob
and this thing is named after a lady who betrayed her country for an invasion by Europeans (Spain)
The pattern is definitely going to continue. This game is literally just Racist Olympics...kinda like G Gundam. which is why I like it.

Seriously. Think about it. Battletech is just racist olympics in giant robots.

So, people are not being allowed to play this game because of their race? There are three "ethnic" themed hero mechs, are these mechs designed specifically to make people of those ethnicities feel bad about themselves, or feel intimidated? Please rethink your comments.

Edited by Edward Mattlov, 04 March 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#57 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostStevie Ray Vaughan, on 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Wow, so it's another Pretty Baby:, "Let's make the worst variant a Hero for lulz!"

Well, maybe, but at least it doesn't have any useless flipper-arms.

Edited by no one, 04 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#58 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Because there is no bug section(presumably because theres no bugs)

I pressed ESC at the start of a match to ajust video setting and the game closed. I had set it to dx11 and was getting 79fps in solo, in multy while facing a wall and seeing noone i was getting 25... and yes i had restarted to take setting into effect. This sucks first match im a disco ffs.

Edited by DAYLEET, 04 March 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#59 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 04 March 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'd love to know what's the reasoning that La Malinche, an "interpreter, advisor, lover and intermediary for Hernán Cortés", thus an accomplice - willing or otherwise - to genocide, should be an inspiration for a hero mech.

Yen Lo Wang, a Chinese-themed mech sporting the colors of the Imperial Japanese Army was one thing - it's a lapsus of an earlier picture recreated in MWO, regrettable and somewhat insensitive, but explainable. This, however, is a wholly new creation. Why would you invoke Malintzin, a controversial figure often seen as a symbol of race treachery, in your game?

" La Llorona es también uno de los primeros signos del mestizaje, pues es durante este período cuando se identifica en México a este fantasmagórico personaje con doña Marina, la Malinche que vuelve arrepentida a llorar su desgracia, su traición a su pueblo indígena y su relación con Hernán Cortés, como parte de la leyenda negrade estos personajes."

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llorona

Translated and paraphrased, after death La Malinche's remorse for her betrayal of her people and for her relationship with Cortés is so powerful that she is unable to find peace in death and manifests herself as "La Llorona" (meaning the one who cries), a spirit who wanders the land as a crying phantasm (like a banshee).

This is actually a very, very clever play by PGI's part on the "banshee" name.

Edited by InRev, 04 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#60 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...59bfefa563bc843

he's got arthritis of the back like the Atlas, does not like to bend very well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users