#4501 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 04 May 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

But the opposing view ... if the entire team was on the other side of the Map, why were YOU out ALONE :P They were probably saying "Look at that dude trying to Rambo things instead of working with the team". ;) Just saying... ;)

what you dont want to see is the following: he was bored playing the usual thing.
he was delivering a distraction the enemy didnt have in their plans. he alone kept 6 mechs busy so his team was able to kill the other in a hurry.

this kind of gameplay is something alot of ppl fail in. most of time they stick inside the suicide ball or dont move forward AS A TEAM when they have the opportunity because no one wants to be the first one to go out and get shot.
i do that alot and many times yet the percentage of people that follow me is very low.

what happens when they dont follow is: they get munched up from behind and from front.
now if you tell them *i told you so, you should have moved with me instead of camping like newbs* a pure wall of ignorance is raging against you.
comments like *look at your score noob* are the normal ones not noticing that my score would been better as well as theirs if they would have helped me.

#4502 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 May 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

what you dont want to see is the following: he was bored playing the usual thing.
he was delivering a distraction the enemy didnt have in their plans. he alone kept 6 mechs busy so his team was able to kill the other in a hurry.

this kind of gameplay is something alot of ppl fail in. most of time they stick inside the suicide ball or dont move forward AS A TEAM when they have the opportunity because no one wants to be the first one to go out and get shot.
i do that alot and many times yet the percentage of people that follow me is very low.

what happens when they dont follow is: they get munched up from behind and from front.
now if you tell them *i told you so, you should have moved with me instead of camping like newbs* a pure wall of ignorance is raging against you.
comments like *look at your score noob* are the normal ones not noticing that my score would been better as well as theirs if they would have helped me.

Yes, but you are doing so with the knowledge you are "alone" and with the specific goal of trying to distract/disrupt. The original poster seemed "surprised" he was alone and then realized the team was elsewhere on the map, all together.

#4503 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 04 May 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yes, but you are doing so with the knowledge you are "alone" and with the specific goal of trying to distract/disrupt. The original poster seemed "surprised" he was alone and then realized the team was elsewhere on the map, all together.

it happens when you walk around, seeing some of your mates around you, keep moving, suddenly all of them chased a squirrel.
hell it happened so many times to me as i was focused on fighting that i had to yell at my team where they went o.O one second they been there and the other second they jumped down somewhere or turned around for no reason....
i got stomped, they got stomped in the rear....
catra was pretty much dead whatever he would have made.

#4504 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 May 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

it happens when you walk around, seeing some of your mates around you, keep moving, suddenly all of them chased a squirrel.
hell it happened so many times to me as i was focused on fighting that i had to yell at my team where they went o.O one second they been there and the other second they jumped down somewhere or turned around for no reason....
i got stomped, they got stomped in the rear....
catra was pretty much dead whatever he would have made.

Well, all I had to go on was what was originally posted. That read pretty simple as "I went to a spot, was obliterated, then realized the rest of the ENTIRE TEAM was together elsewhere on the map ... so they were in the wrong for letting that happen to me" ... and in all fairness, that is likely correct. The other teammates should have said they were moving to spot X instead of all silently plodding along together ;-) Don't know, wasn't there ... was just stating a view from the "opposite" side ... that someone on that side may have said he was in the wrong for going elsewhere ... that is all.

#4505 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 04 May 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Well, all I had to go on was what was originally posted. That read pretty simple as "I went to a spot, was obliterated, then realized the rest of the ENTIRE TEAM was together elsewhere on the map ... so they were in the wrong for letting that happen to me" ... and in all fairness, that is likely correct. The other teammates should have said they were moving to spot X instead of all silently plodding along together ;-) Don't know, wasn't there ... was just stating a view from the "opposite" side ... that someone on that side may have said he was in the wrong for going elsewhere ... that is all.

eh ye you are right =) catra can be a bit... unaware :P
dunno, i often have a feel where the enemy could be and look where my stomach leads me.. most often straight into misery XD suddenly my brain clicks and tells me what a dork i am XD

#4506 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 May 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

eh ye you are right =) catra can be a bit... unaware :P dunno, i often have a feel where the enemy could be and look where my stomach leads me.. most often straight into misery XD suddenly my brain clicks and tells me what a dork i am XD

Yup, right there with you...I get so focused on something and totally lose situational awareness and there I am, the lone mech walking around the corner into 3 or 4 others. Can't count how many times I blindly lead the charge into the center of Terra Therma thinking the idiots behind me will push with me so we can take it ... only to be totally focused down because there are no other targets cause the ones I *thought* were with me, are now doing the back-and-forth shuffle to take their obligatory hits while firing ineffectively toward the other side :P

#4507 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 04 May 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Yup, right there with you...I get so focused on something and totally lose situational awareness and there I am, the lone mech walking around the corner into 3 or 4 others. Can't count how many times I blindly lead the charge into the center of Terra Therma thinking the idiots behind me will push with me so we can take it ... only to be totally focused down because there are no other targets cause the ones I *thought* were with me, are now doing the back-and-forth shuffle to take their obligatory hits while firing ineffectively toward the other side :P

im not even going into the center of terra therma anymore^^ its completely pointless.
there is nothing to get in there apart from a big slaughter house and im tired of rushing the center with players that hesitate^^
so i just walk around on the outside :D

#4508 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

Some people complain about Locust being bad, but a certain thread changed their minds :)

#4509 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

Holeecripeses!

First match of the evening. Been working on Commandos, and tonight select my TDK for my first match.

Hit launch, and all of a sudden, my client goes all sorts of freaking Bananarama Beat Box Birthday Party Bingo.

First, it starts stuttering, like I'm looking at my screen in a strobe light, and the picture pops back and forth between visible and blank, with sound only being present during the flashes where the screen is visible.

I alt+tab out to my desktop, and then the client hangs up completely for a minute.

By now, I can see the MM has found me a match, a Skirmish on Caustic Valley, so I'm hoping I can somehow pull it out of the bag, and stabilize for the drop, without having to DC and relaunch the game.

Ctrl+alt+delete to bring up my task manager, which pops up behind the black screen, but also brings up my taskbar along the bottom of the screen, allowing me to mouse over the task manager icon and see in the pop-up that the client is not responding.

I right click the MWO icon hoping I can at least close it and relaunch (by now I've given up on saving it), and all of a sudden the task manager minimizes, and the loading screen pops up.

I find that, lo and behold, I'm there, in my TDK, in Caustic, and the match has started without me.

I also find that I am suffering two pretty damn inconvenient glitches.../

1: I see a targeting reticule on my screen, but my mouse isn't controlling it, so much as it's controlling my mouse pointer, that also happens to be present on my screen.

2: At certain angles, the entire world just turns brown. Solid brown. Like somehow the data isn't loading fast enough and all I see is coffee. Oceans of coffee, with cream and sugar.

Long story a tiny bit shorter. Played it out, and managed, somehow, to drop 207 damage and get 8 assists in the end. And we won. I like to think it was because of my UAV and Arty strike...but it was probably more because of players like FatYak who rocked the enemy team in his Zeus...lol

Commandos...we move at the speed of coffee...

Cheers to FatYak for ultimately winning the day! 07

#4510 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

Been gone for a few months.

Come back to literally 6699 thread update notifications. I went through 20 pages before I decided to do the honorable thing and surrender.

#4511 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

It's great to see I-Dub back up in here! #crowdgoeswild :lol:

Follow up...

To redeem myself after the above match of struggle, I partner up with my unit mate (a chap I have personally witnessed drop 400-600 damage in his much loved Enforcer, regularly).

I'm once again in my TDK, and he's in a newer ENF-4R build he's trying out.

Hit launch, this time, no glitches, things go smoothly...wouldn't you know, we end up in an Assault match on...Caustic Valley again, with a mostly premade team.

I dart in, and start harassing the Op-For, pop a UAV to counter their ECM mechs (Loki's, of which they are sporting a couple), and crest the ridge at D4 to get a couple of alphas in before planning to run back and circle around.

Take a headshot that almost kills me (DAMN, headshot to a TDK at full speed? Nice shooting Tex!!!)...but, I survive. Drop my Arty in the midst of the main force, and run back to my team, hoping at least a few of them are dense enough to squirrel chase for a bit longer.

See an enemy TDK coming in on our left flank to harass, and it attacks a lone Masakari of ours near our rear. I circle back to chase it off, and the Masakari also starts firing LRMs at it. It runs behind cover, but I'm strafing it, and blow it's arm off, and then manage to nail it's ST which had taken some missile and was paper thin. Get the kill.

Bit by bit, we're whittling them down, until finally, there's only one single Stormcrow left, and 7 of us.

Inevitably, we kill him, and the score pops up...

55 damage.

Five...Five.

That's roughly 1/4 of what I managed when I had no targeting reticule to speak of in the previous match.

Bahahaha!!!

Better yet, against all odds (like I say, I see this guy drop nice numbers all the time), my unit-mate who also got one kill, before he was killed in turn...had 87 damage.

Meaning, we had a grand total of 142 damage...combined...with our two kills.

I should re-read Lord of the Rings again, since it seems I need some refreshers from one "Boromir", on how one redeems oneself in battle... ;)

Try again tomorrow... :D

#4512 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 04 May 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Inevitably, we kill him, and the score pops up...

55 damage.

Five...Five.

I can vouch for Rip, I have seen him do at least twice that much damage in a match. ;)

#4513 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

ye and tomorrow you need to drive jenners all day :D mine is ready!

#4514 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

My whine is that i cant find the "Gronkh the b-fisting Ogre"-thread anywhere,was it deleted?

#4515 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

so, i had a match, killed somebody, got some assists, was killed, spectated a bit, then the game dced, locked my mech for 10+ minutes and didn't give me my deserved ~100k or so, i joined another one, it dced at start, i managed to rc.. alone with 23 others disconnected. it was conquest so i decided to win by cap without getting cool titles and stuff by bug abusing and capped our second base and theta (hpg manifold)... not like i could even if i wanted (you should believe i had good intentions), one of the enemy mechs rced too, capped one of their bases and suddenly ambushed my streakcrow with his hellbringer. now it was ridiculous, in a short duel i did 400+ damage (my god... why it still doesn't fall! that's enough damage to kill a lance) and despite chain fire overheat shutdown myself and then paniced and alpha killed hellbringer and immediately blew up my mech from overheat too -_- at this point another our mech rced, a raven, he recapped one point and then (he probably didn't want an unfair title too) began to destroy their components not killing them. meanwhile another enemy rced, adder, and he was not a fair player, not even a team player, he didn't try to recap theta and our points, he tried to kill our mechs, if he was smarter he would recap 1-2 points because he had time to kill only 2

#4516 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:54 PM

Todays whine's, the ******* matchmaker and hit registration

15 consecutive losses

45 point alpha into back of standing still centurion, doesn't even turn yellow

2 x 45 point alphas into side torso of already critted jager mech, no kill

Pugs in IS mediums still thinking they can out DPS direwolfs and kingcrabs face to face#

The average laservomit clanner being able to core out pretty much any mech on the battlefield in 2 hits

My KDR after getting my up to 1.8 now steadily sliding backwards because even though i can get killed, i cant get in "the" kill

People finishing a match with 200 damage and 3 kills when your finish with 4/5/600 and no kills

The complete inability of PGI to deal with this after years of bitching from the playerbase

and lastly

Some ******* dented my fourby at the supermarket carpark

actually, the last one is the real whine =(

Edited by FatYak, 05 May 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#4517 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

In which universe does it make sense that someone would call out on comms: "Their assaults are pushing through XYZ" and our assaults and a heavy or two would go that direction. But not to engage just to look at them and then turn around and go the OTHER way. Like we can't see them any more they aren't there now.

My other whine is: Being the idiot to stays to engage the enemies assault lance when our team runs the other direction. Pug rule 1 do what the pugs do.

#4518 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 May 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

eh ye you are right =) catra can be a bit... unaware :P
dunno, i often have a feel where the enemy could be and look where my stomach leads me.. most often straight into misery XD suddenly my brain clicks and tells me what a dork i am XD

Lol, in my defense we started at the very long bank that has the base to the left but as I said it was skirmish. Everyone was going up the ramps for the usual sniping match. Since my Warhawk isn't a good humper I decided to go to the right corner and peek around it and use my PPC:s in case someone was there. The thing is that it happened in the beginning so I was sure at least someone would still be to the left of me. That they weren't indicated that they just hobbled away without having a clue on where the enemy actually were.

#4519 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 05 May 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

I can vouch for Rip, I have seen him do at least twice that much damage in a match. ;)

TWICE as much?!!

Challenge accepted.

If I try REALLY hard I'm going to push for even 1.5 x that amount! ;)

#4520 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 06 May 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

TWICE as much?!!

Challenge accepted.

If I try REALLY hard I'm going to push for even 1.5 x that amount! ;)

You'd have to drop the tdk and move up to your KTO-18 to do that though.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users