Regarding The Launch Module And Team Sizes - Feedback

1126 replies to this topic

#301 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

I would really like to see the ability to launch 12 person groups with 11 people. And as long as a group knows they're launching with 11 people, I don't think it really disadvantages anyone.

#302 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 14 April 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

the thought of Lone Wolfs and Solo Faction players determine the fate of your House/Clan's success doesn't chill you to the bone...

The thought of this causes me to wake screaming in the middle of the night in a cold sweat...

#303 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

I just mean that if I were to donate time and money to build that, I'd be donating that time and money to PGI even though it's 3rd party because it would go directly into helping PGI make more money. They want more money they can stop being lazy and condescending when it comes to things like this.
I'll use it, just won't be a part of building and/or paying for it. That's not anything against anyone doing so, I applaud them actually, just not going to spend another dime in any way that would go to support PGI at this point.

Look, I think this game is "salvageable", but first you have to "gather people" in a more unified fashion so that it becomes "loud and clear" that PGI needs to take things seriously. These forums are somewhat bare for "direct interaction".

Just think about it for a bit... unifying the overall message is better than everyone being rather fractured about it...

Also, we can discuss bacon!

#304 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostOne of Little Harmony, on 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I would really like to see the ability to launch 12 person groups with 11 people. And as long as a group knows they're launching with 11 people, I don't think it really disadvantages anyone.

The funny thing about that is like dropping short is "new terrirory"

At least, in the group queue, you'd know that it is either "by design" or the likelihood is because of true technical difficulties, not because someone doesn't like a map or is Cbill farming.

#305 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostJacob Side, on 14 April 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

The thought of this causes me to wake screaming in the middle of the night in a cold sweat...

get used to it because that's EXACTLY what CW is going to be as it stands now

#306 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 14 April 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Look, I think this game is "salvageable", but first you have to "gather people" in a more unified fashion so that it becomes "loud and clear" that PGI needs to take things seriously. These forums are somewhat bare for "direct interaction".

Just think about it for a bit... unifying the overall message is better than everyone being rather fractured about it...

I think this was tried once before, took 2 hours to get through introductions and then someone brought up reverting to TT values and at that point, I checked out

#307 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 14 April 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I understand what you're saying and actually agree with it. My cynicism stems from spending 2 years doing things like that. Writing guides, recruiting, advertising, trying to build an IRC community, defending this game and company to many many MANY haters, etc.
At this point I've found other games that I'd rather spend that time and energy on at the moment and until group limits are lifted I just simply do not see anything changing around here. If they wanted a 4v4 environment that should have built a 4v4 environment.

#308 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 14 April 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

I think this was tried once before, took 2 hours to get through introductions and then someone brought up reverting to TT values and at that point, I checked out

What if I told you I was there?

But then, I would be discussing the virtues of Paul...

We've got 50+ there and it's slowly growing. Join the wave?

Pretty please? ;)

#309 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

It's amazing how many are saying this in this thread and how few I see saying that this would be a bad thing. Our island is growing apparently
That's just it.

How I see it, if they allow players to opt in to the group queue:

Players do, enjoy themselves, and queues flow nicely.

Or

Players don't enjoy themselves and few opt in. We're STILL better off than simply not allowing it. Maybe you need a 10 man group cap to ease the matchmaking, maybe not, it doesn't matter.

The long and short of it is simple. There's no reason not to allow players to CHOOSE to opt into the group queue.

Hell, I'd rather only drop solo in the group queue than to drop in a solo only queue. Then at least I'd know there's be some inherent teamwork in my tram.

#310 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I understand what you're saying and actually agree with it. My cynicism stems from spending 2 years doing things like that. Writing guides, recruiting, advertising, trying to build an IRC community, defending this game and company to many many MANY haters, etc.
At this point I've found other games that I'd rather spend that time and energy on at the moment and until group limits are lifted I just simply do not see anything changing around here. If they wanted a 4v4 environment that should have built a 4v4 environment.

Oh, I get that too, but public pressure does work. Either way, a particular result is accelerated to its final destination!

#311 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 14 April 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

That's just it.

How I see it, if they allow players to opt in to the group queue:

Players do, enjoy themselves, and queues flow nicely.

Or

Players don't enjoy themselves and few opt in. We're STILL better off than simply not allowing it. Maybe you need a 10 man group cap to ease the matchmaking, maybe not, it doesn't matter.

The long and short of it is simple. There's no reason not to allow players to CHOOSE to opt into the group queue.

Hell, I'd rather only drop solo in the group queue than to drop in a solo only queue. Then at least I'd know there's be some inherent teamwork in my tram.

I think you'd be surprised at how many would actually do the same thing and will agree with everything you just said. Unfortunately PGI feels they're insignificant and dismisses this and ignores it

#312 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 14 April 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Oh, I get that too, but public pressure does work. Either way, a particular result is accelerated to its final destination!

Finding every PGI-critical post and liking it doesn't come off as public pressure. To be honest, it comes off as something closer to passive-aggressive harassment.

The only thing that's going to prompt PGI to work on something is an opening of the necessary space in their work schedule. That space opened up for SRMs this month, and within a week they found the problem. They're not ignoring anyone.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 14 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#313 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 14 April 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'll definitely use it if it's something that helps and enhances finding games and such but I'm just not going to dedicate anything to building, managing, or otherwise supporting it outside of "Hey, you guys should come check this out, it's great!" and using it myself ;)

#314 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 14 April 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Removed the vitriol from the quote, because it's unnecessary and I want them to take this seriously, but everything here is absolutely what players are looking for and it's what PGI should plan on implementing.

Sorry about that. I do think I was being objective. If telling the truth is vitriolic then I can only hope it's received by someone mature enough to take it as constructive criticism.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 14 April 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#315 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 14 April 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Finding every PGI-critical post and liking it doesn't come off as public pressure. To be honest, it comes off as something closer to passive-aggressive harassment.

Where is he doing that? Where is anyone doing that?

#316 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

totally agree with ya SilentWolff. we use to have that option before back in Closed beta and these party options we have now are GARBAGE. if all these players were playing Mw4 Mercs in Multiplayer they would see just how easy it was NOT TO MENTION HOW EASY IT WAS TO MAKE LEAGUE GAMES! Maybe you guys aren't looking how the FFPS games use the KNOWN COMPONENTS THAT AVOIDS MATCH MAKING FOR A REASON.

Edited by Wing 0, 14 April 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#317 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus Kotare, on 14 April 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Do all 24 slots have to be filled in the private match queue before launching, or will the mode still be able to launch with any number of filled slots in between 2-24?

In the Premium Private matches, you can drop short, but the group lead on both sides needs to carry Premium Time now, and likely MC down the road.

#318 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus Kotare, on 14 April 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Do all 24 slots have to be filled in the private match queue before launching, or will the mode still be able to launch with any number of filled slots in between 2-24?

in the private matches (from what I've seen) you can launch under whatever conditions and rules you want. So yes, you'd be able to drop short like that

#319 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

I don't see why 5-11 man groups are an issue. This is a solved problem. Call of Duty has had this figured out since, I want to say, Modern Warfare 2. They allowed arbitrary groups and solos in the main playlists and then had a solo-only playlist.

#320 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostFinster, on 14 April 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

I don't see why 5-11 man groups are an issue. This is a solved problem. Call of Duty has had this figured out since, I want to say, Modern Warfare 2. They allowed arbitrary groups and solos in the main playlists and then had a solo-only playlist.

LOSTECH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users