• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 14 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

I do not understand why they do not just let solo players join that queue ...

This just sounds like a long wait time mess without solo fillers tbh

How many posts does it take to show you that your PoV on this is wrong Paul?

#262 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 April 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Detail, i need detail.

Why? I've said everything there is to say about the subject. I'm not going to bother repeating myself over and over in hope that on the 9001 time the message gets through.

Here I'll fix it for you.

Disappointed!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...as per usual

#263 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Me, Roadbeer, and several others were talking about something similar to the "Group queue."
I approve of it. It would be better to permit "11" player matches, however, as opposed to locking it. Or perhaps a "is it okay to launch undermanned" with a yes or no button to click and majority vote. Many of us don't care and like the challenge.

Still don't like the 3/3/3/3 idea, but it's my hope that when community warfare comes out it will no longer be a necessary element. It'd make dropships and logistics blatantly pointless in CW.

(Signature, link on the left, for example.)

Edited by Koniving, 14 April 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#264 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostRansack, on 14 April 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Which is why it cannot work in Community Warfare. So it is really just a novelty

Private matches will not affect CW / Faction Play. Only Faction play will affect CW (Faction play uses the public matchmaker).

Premium private matches are mainly for players that want to set up matches with their friends where they can set the rules (something that you can't do in public matches or the free private matches). So it's not so much about rewards/xp/stats as much as having a "sandbox" to play in — which I suppose is somewhat of a novelty...but one that many players will enjoy.

Edited by Bhael Fire, 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#265 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

you dont how it was collected.

I'm disregarding the rest of your post because if you're going to start name calling (IE dumb) at least point it at the person who posted whatever you're trying to attack.

uhm I DO know how they collected the data. They told us flat out how they did it. It's in the CC posts and such. If YOU require proof, then YOU look it up. I'm not your personal librarian

View PostWarHippy, on 14 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

as a solo player it should be my damn choice if I drop with the groups and I find it insulting that Paul thinks it would be too hard for me and can't be bothered to even give me the option so that both I and the group players can have a better gaming experience.

Hey Paul, tell me again how you know best what I, as a player, find more fun.

#266 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostJacob Side, on 14 April 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

"Some of you may suggest that allowing solo players the ability to drop into the group queue would be the solution. A solo player would have MUCH greater success at winning in the regular public match than up against teams." - Paul

How about leaving that choice up to the player. You might end up being surprised that there are players that want to fill that role. And surprised at the success of winning.
You guys make my head hurt with your design choices, give the player options and you'd be surprised at what we pick.

Why not take this further and actually do something with the different factions that you have people sign up for.
For example, just off the top of my head, If you are a Merc and you drop in the 2-12 queue you could receive "hazard pay" or some other incentive to make dropping with pre-mades worthwhile.

Just a thought anyway...

#267 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

I will say, that im sure they had statistics for a while. What you are saying is that they bent the data to fit their view. Yet when i did it on a smaller scale, the same test they did. out of 10 games, And keep in mind i could have done this 100 times. In 10 games the number of players grouping in 4=none, 3=none. yet the majority were solo/2 mans. their were a few that didn't answer and or were very rude and i assume they were not grouped. On a side not the players that didnt answer i also assume they dont really care, those are the players who just drop a few and leave(maybe its an assumption).

#268 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostR5D4, on 14 April 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Why not take this further and actually do something with the different factions that you have people sign up for.
For example, just off the top of my head, If you are a Merc and you drop in the 2-12 queue you could receive "hazard pay" or some other incentive to make dropping with pre-mades worthwhile.

Just a thought anyway...

Honestly, it should be the other way around. Premades should get hazard pay for having to try and carry Joe Derp while he rambos off and gets killed in the first minute and two other dbags disco leaving you shorthanded.

You know where I don't have to worry about my team being comprised of players like that? When I can team up with who I want.

#269 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm disregarding the rest of your post because if you're going to start name calling (IE dumb) at least point it at the person who posted whatever you're trying to attack.

uhm I DO know how they collected the data. They told us flat out how they did it. It's in the CC posts and such. If YOU require proof, then YOU look it up. I'm not your personal librarian

Hey Paul, tell me again how you know best what I, as a player, find more fun.

i didnt call you a name(at least not untill someone else does, then i respond in kind). you were belligerent towards me first(and roadbeer) just because i was disagreeing. As a matter of fact you guys constantly belittled me for no reason.

And we as players can get the same data."Out of all matches launched, 84% are solo launches." they just have a better view and can track players without the need to do what i did. Of course i dont know how much this data has changed since it was announced; However to disregard it simply because it makes what you say faulty is not a good way to go.

Anyways, there a chance later on for larger ques(maybe) its not thrown out they just simply are not making that option available.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 14 April 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#270 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 14 April 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Private matches will not affect CW / Faction Play. Only Faction play will affect CW (Faction play uses the public matchmaker).

Exactly

Useless novelty.

We need an unrestricted public group queue so that Merc Units can play together. Not four and eight PuGs.

#271 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

How many posts does it take to show you that your PoV on this is wrong Paul?

I cannot believe it was not obvious to him to start unless this is a way to simply jam in group play larger than 4 to seemingly satisfy those who are complaining about not playing with their friends.

I have never had a massive issue with the 4 man system but any larger grouping needs a more solid process than this as it seems my assumptions were right.

As long as the solo player KNOWS they are heading into dangerous territory full of evil premades why stop them? Internal in game communication is certainly not a strong point of PGI though ...

If i was on and none of my unit were and I wanted some hardcore games i would totally solo there

#272 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostRansack, on 14 April 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Exactly

Useless novelty.

We need an unrestricted public group queue so that Merc Units can play together. Not four and eight PuGs.

That's another interesting thing

Soooooooooooo
it's going to cost you over a hundred million cbills to form a merc unit so you're already paying for that privilege and then you can't even play with the guys you forma merc unit with. That makes a lot of sense lol

#273 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

To Paul;

Read that first page response, Paul. At least look at them. They are getting, individually and on a post-by post basis more likes than you.

Do you know why? Because your command chair post once again proved that no one at PGI (or at least no one in charge) spends any time listening to the community, despite the fact that they are many, MANY times better at coming up with simple, elegant solutions to your problems than you are.

Public/Single Player Queue
  • Solo players who have not opted for the Group Queue.
  • Solo players who have opted for the Group Queue, if there aren't enough of the former.
Group Queue
  • Allows 2-12 man groups.
  • Groups are matched first against other groups.
  • Solo players who have opted to join the group queue.
  • Cannot always do exact tonnage matching.
Private Matches
  • 2-24 players by invite only.
  • Can set game options/restrictions.
  • Used for competitive X vs Y players
Can you rationalize why you won't do a solo and open size group queue that lets solo player opt-in? Can you give me a reason? Because I don't think there is one, Paul.

#274 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 14 April 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

If i was on and none of my unit were and I wanted some hardcore games i would totally solo there

I'm willing to bet we're coming close to half the posts in this feedback thread so far are saying the exact same thing

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Can you rationalize why you won't do a solo and open size group queue that lets solo player opt-in? Can you give me a reason? Because I don't think there is one, Paul.

pssst Paul, it looks like you're on an island man. You're in a minority. Maybe you're not the target demographic anymore? ;)

seriously though, all snark aside, can you guys at PGI really not see that maybe just maybe you're wrong on this one?

#275 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

That's another interesting thing

Soooooooooooo
it's going to cost you over a hundred million cbills to form a merc unit so you're already paying for that privilege and then you can't even play with the guys you forma merc unit with. That makes a lot of sense lol

Take your real money, take your in game money just to play together do all the work and get nothing back.

Brilliant!

#276 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

They'll listen to you if you're a casual and/or solo player that can't seem to grasp complex gameplay and tactics. If you're wanting something harder well THEN you're SOL (and no that's not an abbreviation for Solaris lol)

That is both derisive and ignorant.
PGI is listening to you. Your actions have become so toxic to the community that you are being sandboxed. PGI is spending development time to stem a minority segments corrosive influence on the health the the game.

And incase you are unaware, there is a an entire segment of this game based around competitiveness, tactics, strategy, and skill. It is called the 12-man queue, anything else is just and excuse. All it takes to play with the big boys is a little fortitude and 11 other people.

[Edited out provocative comments]

Edited by Agent 0 Fortune, 14 April 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#277 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

To Paul;

Read that first page response, Paul. At least look at them. They are getting, individually and on a post-by post basis more likes than you.

Do you know why? Because your command chair post once again proved that no one at PGI (or at least no one in charge) spends any time listening to the community, despite the fact that they are many, MANY times better at coming up with simple, elegant solutions to your problems than you are.

Public/Single Player Queue
  • Solo players who have not opted for the Group Queue.
  • Solo players who have opted for the Group Queue, if there aren't enough of the former.
Group Queue
  • Allows 2-12 man groups.
  • Groups are matched first against other groups.
  • Solo players who have opted to join the group queue.
  • Cannot always do exact tonnage matching.
Private Matches
  • 2-24 players by invite only.
  • Can set game options/restrictions.
  • Used for competitive X vs Y players

http://mwomercs.com/...and-team-sizes/--

I dont think you read this.

"Now that you see what is planned and the edge cases surrounding implementation of a group only queue, we’re still deciding when this important feature would fit into our development schedule."-paul

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 14 April 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#278 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 April 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...and-team-sizes/--

I dont think you read this.

I don't think you understood it

it's nothing more than
we aren't putting it in launch module
we have things on the backburner we'll look at again later
we won't allow solo players the option to play with groups even though many of them want to

#279 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

the 5 days of data collection immediately after a major improvement to LRMs while they were in a much higher rate of use because of the new toy factor?
or
the seeming inability to look through this very thread and see that "solo players in group" queue stance is simply inaccurate?

I like the 3-day "retention" claim after 3PV was deployed. Go figure.

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

I was all for this kinda stuff until the new launch module debacle. Now I refuse to donate any of my time and/or resources to PGI and this game. I've dedicated and donated enough, if PGI wants something done they can do what they were paid to do. They were handed millions of dollars to develop this kind of stuff.

You really should consider/reconsider joining up @ the MWO Lobby browser. Seriously... once it grows to a viable size, even PGI can't "ignore" the userbase's demand for a global lobby or lobbies.

#280 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Ihope no one supports private matches just to prove a point

Edited by Imperius, 14 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users