1126 replies to this topic

#241 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 14 April 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

So, that's why it took like 9 months before LPL got an adjustment?

Or that weapons balance is "in a good place"

#242 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostBlackHawk K, on 14 April 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

im sorry if someone already brought this up. i tried to scan the posts to see, but didnt see anything.

from what i understand. private matches can be invited to 'rooms' in the friend/chat area.
i think the most simply thing to do would allow people open 'group public' rooms with the ability to title the room saying "need 3 more" or however you may need. until the room is full. the person who created the room can launch and then all 12 would be dumped into queue. so basically you would be creating a room to get a full 12 players to join into the public group queue. this way if you did end up with a 11 man situation. a solo player, if they preferred to join group play would be able to do so.

the only problem i see with this at this time is that if the 'rooms' we are created are totally private and no one will be able to see them. perhaps a quick solve would be a separate tab to the friends list area that would show these rooms as 'invites'.

just some ideas to kick around. it just seemed to me that we as a community would be better at getting 12 people ready for a queue then the match maker.

You are a talking about a lobby system. I would love that, however, something about 90s, social, multi-player technology has gone out of reach.

#243 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 14 April 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

You are a talking about a lobby system. I would love that, however, something about 90s, social, multi-player technology has gone out of reach.

Lostech

#244 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 14 April 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

LOSTECH

Crapweasel ;)

Edited by Roadbeer, 14 April 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#245 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 14 April 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Crapweasel ;)

It's ok. You know Lostech when you don't see it.

#246 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 14 April 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

This is why they absolutely must have a public queue that allows groups of any size.

However, as much as I'd love it if they did allow rewards in premium private matches — for the obvious reasons of stat buffing and grinding risk-free c-bills/xp — There's not really a good argument for it...At least not from a business standpoint.

Which is why it cannot work in Community Warfare. So it is really just a novelty

#247 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 14 April 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Or that weapons balance is "in a good place"

weapon balance is getting their, besides SRMS(damn hit detection and LRMS/maybe) i can kill anyone with anything.(small lasers, is a maybe). Don't believe me, i challenge you. I dont think we ever faced each other without team interference. I have killed you,Roadbeer,Deathlike,Sharwolf, and a bunch of others. When i kill people on the forums i make note of it.

Some of you just suck:)

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 14 April 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#248 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Disappointed
As per usual

#249 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostImperius, on 14 April 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Disappointed
As per usual

Detail, i need detail.

#250 Splitpin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNoo Zeelund

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Lostech - Found http://mwolobby.com if most in this thread backed this, we could almost have what we want.

#251 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostSplitpin, on 14 April 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Lostech - Found http://mwolobby.com if most in this thread backed this, we could almost have what we want.

Almost?

#252 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 April 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

weapon balance is getting their, besides SRMS(damn hit detection and LRMS/maybe) i can kill anyone with anything.(small lasers, is a maybe). Don't believe me, i challenge you. I dont think we ever faced each other without team interference. I have killed you,Roadbeer,Deathlike,Sharwolf, and a bunch of others. When i kill people on the forums i make note of it.

Some of you just suck:)

You do realize that one match doesn't equal "owning someone". Even then, I die in many many ways, probably @ a comical rate. I'm not losing sleep over it.

#253 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 April 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

funny how you keep knocking paul, when i can guarantee he has more knowledge about the statistics of this game than you do.

you keep knocking the guy, maybe its because his data does you some injustice?

Just like the 14% statistic that was proven wrong by many members of the community that have taken courses and education beyond an intro to stats?
or
the 5 days of data collection immediately after a major improvement to LRMs while they were in a much higher rate of use because of the new toy factor?
or
the seeming inability to look through this very thread and see that "solo players in group" queue stance is simply inaccurate?

this isn't the thread for that conversation but it's become very evident over the past few months that every time PGI release statistical data to support their "vision" it is shown to be poorly collected and poorly interpreted and that's all I say about that subject in this thread

#254 Jake 451

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSidney BC Canada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

The way I envision the game is playing in groups and I think we should do everything we can to encourage and make it easy to play in groups. The smaller units have a hard time getting 12 together. I would be happy to be a solo player amongst teams of various sizes. I suspect there is a good chunk of the 84% that play solo that are waiting for the launch module and the clan mechs to group up.

#255 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostSplitpin, on 14 April 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

I was all for this kinda stuff until the new launch module debacle. Now I refuse to donate any of my time and/or resources to PGI and this game. I've dedicated and donated enough, if PGI wants something done they can do what they were paid to do. They were handed millions of dollars to develop this kind of stuff.

#256 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I am a bit confused ... so the group queue would allow groups of any sizes and bundle them together?

So if there is a 3 man group and a 6 man group they would be lumped together but there migth only be another 7 man group available so they would drop 9 vs 7?

Or they would sit in the queue and be forced to wait til a group of 2 or 3 came along to fill the gap?

I do not understand why they do not just let solo players join that queue ...

If they have VOIP it would be a non issue - the solos could communicate with the groups and be able to follow thier lead easy enough.

This just sounds like a long wait time mess without solo fillers tbh

#257 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

View PostEldagore, on 14 April 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

So Paul makes this thread/post. Says they arent dumping group concerns completely, but basically bottom line 11 man groups are going to make matchmaker cry.
So then we get some happy responses, and some that are QQ RAGE!!! Why? because 11 man groups dont work? If they make a "section" or lobby or whatever, where you can run 12 man, or 2-10+2 or whatever, but that ONE instance where you are missing just one guy.... isnt that a massive step in the right direction for what all the group players want?

It is not quite that simple, imho. IF they decide to drop the regular 12-man queue for the 2-10 group queue, it would be somewhat problematic for companies to play as a full company. Let's say there are 3 12-mans online at said time. Us, company A and company B. Company A and B are playing together, leaving our company without opponent on private matches. Now our only option is to take the 2-10 man queue. We would sync drop to the queue with 2+10 exploiting the MM trying to find 3/3/3/3 both sided, the sync would probably be succesful. Would we find opponents? I don't know. But it would be better than staring a spinning circle and failed to find match for an hour or so in the dry 12s queue. But if an easy sync is possible, why not allow 12-man in the same queue trying to find another 12-man? Or 11-man + one solo? Or any opponents with a very strict Elo difference.

I'm just brainstorming here...

View PostEldagore, on 14 April 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

or is it that you cant run with solo player pug team mates? Because really, if that is it, I have to think it really comes down to more that the whining crowd cant play AGAINST solo pug players. It seems like despite all the crying about not being able to drop with 5 friends instead of 3 and etc, that no matter what comes down the pipe, for some people the actual "dream" is to be able to play as an 11 man group so as to avoid the 12 vs 12 competition groups and drop against pug teams for epic steamrolls.

My problem is that I cant play WITH solo pug players. There are no tools for proper communication - thus the chaotic nature of pugs. Let's say a solo player drops with a group of 10 or 11 - it's is easy to follow the group and roll with them as a full company. Epic steamrolls? Hmm, perhaps a selected few units are capable of this. And I doubt they are that interested in "epic steamrolls"...

#258 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

View PostJake 451, on 14 April 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

The way I envision the game is playing in groups and I think we should do everything we can to encourage and make it easy to play in groups. The smaller units have a hard time getting 12 together. I would be happy to be a solo player amongst teams of various sizes. I suspect there is a good chunk of the 84% that play solo that are waiting for the launch module and the clan mechs to group up.

taking notes Paul?

#259 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

View PostSandpit, on 14 April 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Just like the 14% statistic that was proven wrong by many members of the community that have taken courses and education beyond an intro to stats?
or
the 5 days of data collection immediately after a major improvement to LRMs while they were in a much higher rate of use because of the new toy factor?
or
the seeming inability to look through this very thread and see that "solo players in group" queue stance is simply inaccurate?

this isn't the thread for that conversation but it's become very evident over the past few months that every time PGI release statistical data to support their "vision" it is shown to be poorly collected and poorly interpreted and that's all I say about that subject in this thread

you dont how it was collected. Your making HUGE Assumptions and your little display of 44% was incorrect. Or was that someone else? pretty dumb to add the groups and say that the number of players that group are 44% but dont mention how many dont wish to go out of their group size.

View PostDeathlike, on 14 April 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

You do realize that one match doesn't equal "owning someone". Even then, I die in many many ways, probably @ a comical rate. I'm not losing sleep over it.

i was joking

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 14 April 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#260 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

I have a lot of things I would like to say about all of this, but I am on vacation and this piss poor excuse for a dev response to the launch module isn't worth much of my time. I will say though that as a solo player it should be my damn choice if I drop with the groups and I find it insulting that Paul thinks it would be too hard for me and can't be bothered to even give me the option so that both I and the group players can have a better gaming experience. I have some rather colorful language I would love to direct at the devs, but as proven by this most recent post of theirs they just don't care.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook