Summoner Screenshots Revealed!

278 replies to this topic

#61 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Looks good, though I wish the legs were beefier like in the TRO.

#62 Cyberassassin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, Planet [Unknown]

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Needs a Mechwarrior 3 Thor cockpit.
That is all.

#63 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Looks decent, Aidan Pryde is proud, although Aidan is not proud of how Timber Wolf turned out.

Please rework the Timber Wolf design. If other clan mechs have different smooth look, Timber Wolf looks like it was made on a junkyard from old parts of Inner Sphere mechs.

#64 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

something no one has mentioned yet.. the Thor/Summoner has 14 fixed double heat sinks (all in the engine). in TT it was way oversinked in nearly every config, which means that in MWO, it will be really cool running.

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 08 May 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Hang on a tick, a 350XL on a 70 tonner by MWO standards that would give it a running speed of like 87kph before speed tweak O.o gona haul so much ass in this thing.

Clan heavies are all fast for their size.. IS mechs were typically 4/6 movement in TT, clan heavies usually 5/8. the clan heavies were as fast as stock IS mediums, while usually packing the firepower of an IS succession wars assault. one of the reasons the clans swept over the IS early in the invasion, they were facing low tech opponents where one clan mech could easily be worth 2-3 Is mechs of the same mass.

of course, towards the end of the invasion, when the IS was able to field a lot of endo, ferro, Xl, pulse, ER, etc on its mechs, the playing field was much more close to level, and the clans had a lot more trouble.

View PostTin Man Dan, on 08 May 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

The word "Hunchback" comes to mind.

actually it's basically a clan thunderbolt.

View Post3rdworld, on 08 May 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Please skip the A variant....it is just as hadpoint poor.

actually the A variant would use exact same hardpoints as the Prime in MWO. you swap the LBX for a guass, the ERPPC for a LPL, and the LRM's for an SRM6.

ditto for the M (Malthus) config.. it's a Prime with the LRM's swapped for a Streak SRM6.
the C config is only one small laser short of being viable on the prime hardpoints. (UAC20, Streak SRM6, ERlarge, ERsmall)

If i had to guessthe other two versions in the game would be the B (LRM20 and SRM4 in each arm, Narc and AMS in left torso), and the D (ERlarge and ERmedium in each arm, AMS and machinegun in both left and right torso's, also 6 extra heat sinks)

that would give you a great mix of hardpoints in the Omnipods.

Edited by mithril coyote, 08 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#65 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

O MAH LAWD!!!!! :(

Love it!! This was one of my all time favorite mechs, fast, balanced and brutal!!! I can see having a whole lot of fun in this. Yes, it could use a bit more armor, but me thinks i will sacrifice 2 JJ for that. As for lack of hard points, the Summoner never was a brawler IMO, it was best at hit and move tactics. Pop up, take a few shots, disappear. Could be a very effective light/medium hunter as well with how fast it moves. Cannot wait to play around with this mechs configuration when the clan mechs drop!!

#66 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Looks good, minus that massive dome of a cockpit. Should bring the cover over a bit more.

#67 Ryan the Lion

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

These reveal screen shots would be a lot more effective if there were new maps in the background! It's hard to imagine CW with 10 maps. Hire some map makers.

#68 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

cockpit is a little different, artist preference I guess, no big deal. yea more bullet proof glass.Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 08 May 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#69 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Yeah i like it but i´ll stand by my IS summoner :(

View PostRyan the Lion, on 08 May 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

These reveal screen shots would be a lot more effective if there were new maps in the background! It's hard to imagine CW with 10 maps. Hire some map makers.

That´s a good one :lol:

#70 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

would be cool if once the clans get realised PGI allow us to chose the configurations we receive. :(
please let this become a reality.

#71 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostDragunz Pryde, on 08 May 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

O MAH LAWD!!!!! :(

Love it!! This was one of my all time favorite mechs, fast, balanced and brutal!!! I can see having a whole lot of fun in this. Yes, it could use a bit more armor, but me thinks i will sacrifice 2 JJ for that. As for lack of hard points, the Summoner never was a brawler IMO, it was best at hit and move tactics. Pop up, take a few shots, disappear. Could be a very effective light/medium hunter as well with how fast it moves. Cannot wait to play around with this mechs configuration when the clan mechs drop!!

You poor thing. You haven't heard. Jump jets, equipment, and engines are fixed on clan mechs. Can't be removed. Some even have fixed heat sinks or so they've said.

#72 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

not all clan mechs have fixed jump jets. though the Thor/Summoner does.

also, in regards ot the dome cockpit thing:
dome cockpit is canon/lore:

it is supposed to look like that.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mithril coyote, 08 May 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#73 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Nailed it. I have to say, i was worried it was going to be way wide, doesn't look like that now! This will probably be the first one i play from my package! :(

#74 Muncehead

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWorcestershire UK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Excellent! My fave clan mech and soon it shall be mine!

Three hardpoints in the prime not an issue - love my dragon with three weapon load-out so not that different..... except it's bigger... can jump.... is clan.... is summoner!

#75 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Looks nice but:

3 hardpoints on a 70 ton heavy mech?. And you can't change almost anything? fixed FF, ES, HS and JJ. Sorry, but I don't like it.

#76 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

I got a gold one of those baby !

#77 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

View Postshad0w4life, on 08 May 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Wow the lack of hardpoints...with clan Nerf this thing is going to get destroyed I think. The Mech looks good

You guys REALLY need to release info on clan mechs weapons etc.

I made a Summoner Build with the Thunderbolt 9S and you can make it work with the same 3 hard points. Just have to work a little harder instead of just playing easy mode meta.

#78 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

View Postshad0w4life, on 08 May 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yeah, like I said thought, with the clan weapon balancing those builds aren't all that powerful.

You won't get an AC20 in there, LBX10 weight is much lower.

Remember you can't swap engines.

Clan ultra ac20s and lbx ac20s are both smaller AND lighter. Additionally, the lower arm actuator is dynamic, so it is present with small weapons, but will auto-remove itself with larger ones.

This is a FAST CLAN heavy mech with JUMPJETS. Restricted hard points will mean you have to rely on larger weapons, rather than many smaller ones, but it is possible.

Edited by pbiggz, 08 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#79 The Dancing Joker

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Good stuff. I only wish it equipped Endo Steel as well as Ferro Fiberous. Of the heavies the Timber Wolf pulls ahead in performance since it equips both ES and FF. The Mad Dog, Hellbringer, and Summoner fall short in maximizing their tonnage due to not equipping both. Shame the Summoner seems the only heavy(so far) with JJs in the Prime config.

#80 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

yes, but a clan LB10X is 10 tons. a clan UAC20 is 12 tons. you can't fit the ERPPC, the UAC20, and the LRM15 in because you'd have to find 2 tons over what the prime already is using to its fullest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users