206 replies to this topic

#41 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

I`d assume that Artemis, like all other upgrades (endo, ferro, Dhs) is chassis or variant specific and therefore locked. Still a good question, though....

Edited by Zerberus, 07 June 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#42 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Artemis has been classically treated as an upgrade to SRM and LRM, just like they are in MWO. Even in tabletop. It is an upgrade option that should still be available to Clan mechs as it is a weapon upgrade, not a mech upgrade.

#43 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

I agree.. but that doesn`t mean it`s the way it`s going to work ^_^

#44 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

So IS Mechs cannot equip Clan Tech?
Very bad.
From MW2 to MW4 this was possible, paying more money.
There are IS mechs still not sold because waiting for Clan Upgrade.
Now lot of players have to sell IS Mechs because they are always
weaker than Clan Omnis.
Who will still use an IS Orion against a Clan Mad Cat?,
A Cathapract against a Loki?
The only one i don't want to sell is my ECM StealthRaven.

This is a big mistake - probably for earning more money.
We will see.

Edited by Anavel Gato2, 07 June 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#45 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 07 June 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

Very bad.
weaker than Clan Omnis.

We will see.

It appears you completely missed (or dismissed /ignored) the last 6 months of discussion regarding, above all else, the balancing of Clans vs IS.

Not saying it will be perfect out of the gate, but your wishful thinking mixtech scenario is wholly unnecessary (and also not canon until at least 3053, when the invasion is already over and the DCMS have finally reverse engineered caputred omni-tech), and your doomsaying of the IS mechs is for the most part unfounded.

I`m not going to post any links for you becauee you`ve been here long enough to find the Command chair, Vlogs and announcement forums by yourself. It is nobody`s fault but yours that you do not already have this information.

MW2 - 4 also took place at entirely different points among the BT timeline to MWO, and are just as "officially Not Canon" as MWO is, so referencing them as "it used to always be this way " is an entirely wasted set of keystrokes for 3 good reasons: DIfferent point in timeline (where mixtech WAS canon), themselves not canon (invalidates it as a reference), and MWO isn`t canon either (frees MWO from that restriction even if mixtech WERE canon).

Not to mention that those were all single player games with a halfassed afterthought of a multiplayer mode (if any), rife with absolutely stupid imbalances in MP. Not a full blown multiplayer game where both sides are supposed to have fun AND a fighting chance, whether they use PPCs and Jumpjets or not. ^_^

Edited by Zerberus, 07 June 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#46 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostScurry, on 07 June 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Hmm.....I notice that there hasn't been anything mentioned on Artemis implementation for Clans. Especially since mechs like the Shadow Cat are specially noted to have Artemis-LRM launchers. Given that Artemis is an 'upgrade', does that mean none of the incoming Clan mechs have or are capable of installing Artemis?

Artemis is equipment tangible by either group. There would be no reason not to have a Clan Artemis functionality. In TT it functions exactly the same -- which isn't remotely like how it functions in MWO. But one can assume it will have exactly the same results as MWO's Inner Sphere Artemis. It's identical for both teams. The only difference is Clan Artemis is lighter.

#47 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Very bad.

Would you ever use Inner Sphere tech if you can equip Clan tech on Inner Sphere mechs?
No one would.
That's why it was done. This and to note: In MW2, you ARE Clans. In MW3, Clan Smoke Jaguar is almost completely annihilated; meaning the war has gone on for years and years. In MW4, it's long after the invasion and Clanners and Inner Sphere soldiers are getting drunk in bars together talking about tournaments. Basically most of the war stuff is over.

We're at the beginning of the war. Why would we have the Clan tech? At this stage, 95% of Inner Sphere mechs are supposed to be on Standard Structure, Standard Armor, Standard Engines, and Standard Heatsinks. Only 5% of the forces in the Inner Sphere across all of the factions would have had double heatsinks at this stage.

Look how many people have DHS. Endo Steel. XL engines. Etc.

Bit of a problem isn't it? Give people the best, they will have the best.

The only way to prevent abuse is to not let it happen.

#48 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

something that is bugging me, is when you look at the loadouts for the Clan mechs, the Summoner seems to be getting the short end of the stick. ie Kit Fox S variant, 6xJJ 1xLPL 1xMPL 1xSPL 1xSSRM4 2xMG. a kit fox will totally own a Summoner. I know the Summoner is a unique mech, but I always thought is was under gunned compared to other clan mechs from lights to heavies. just to show you a TW S: 5xJJ 1xLPL 2xMPL 4xSRM6 2xMG to Summoner prime yikes! ^_^ I am a Summoner Fan! my fav mech of all time.

#49 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 07 June 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

my fav mech of all time.

Summoner was always (relatively) under gunned (prime variant anyways) for a Clan mech

#50 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

^_^ I am a Summoner Fan! my fav mech of all time.

I'm pretty sure a Summoner can carry twin UAC/20s. A Timberwolf can't. At all. (No body parts with enough free crit space).

#51 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Excellent fact-finding. Are you in the Watch?
<.<

Answers a lot of questions I've had about the Clan equipment.

#52 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostKoniving, on 07 June 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure a Summoner can carry twin UAC/20s. A Timberwolf can't. At all. (No body parts with enough free crit space).

With 22.5 tons of weapons available and a UAC-20 weighing in at 12 tons each without ammo, I'd say no chance at all.

At 10 tons each, it can't even carry 2xUAC-10's if it wants to bring any ammo.

Edited by Moenrg, 07 June 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#53 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostScurry, on 07 June 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Hmm.....I notice that there hasn't been anything mentioned on Artemis implementation for Clans. Especially since mechs like the Shadow Cat are specially noted to have Artemis-LRM launchers. Given that Artemis is an 'upgrade', does that mean none of the incoming Clan mechs have or are capable of installing Artemis?

Now that you mention it, there has not been. They could go a few routes for that yet, either fixed or upgradeable regardless, possibly on a per chassis variant basis. The one thing I wonder about is how it will narrow spread with stream fire LRMs. I'm sure the rest will be the same as we have now but as mentioned, lighter weight.

Very bad.
weaker than Clan Omnis.
The only one i don't want to sell is my ECM StealthRaven.

We will see.

You have read my original post, quiaff? Then you should know the balancing factors they are putting in place. Clan tech will be different but equal to IS tech, if all goes to plan. The devs are specifically trying to avoid invalidating older chassis and IS tech.

View PostJennerCrusher, on 07 June 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Hey Saber, it says on the loadouts that the TW Prime has an ER Small Laser, when it's actually a Medium Pulse Laser. You can fix that, quiaff?

Hmm, that is what I get for being lazy and using Shar Wolf's list. *Shar Wolf, bus, tossed.* I will go in and edit it, thanks for pointing it out.

something that is bugging me, is when you look at the loadouts for the Clan mechs, the Summoner seems to be getting the short end of the stick. ie Kit Fox S variant, 6xJJ 1xLPL 1xMPL 1xSPL 1xSSRM4 2xMG. a kit fox will totally own a Summoner. I know the Summoner is a unique mech, but I always thought is was under gunned compared to other clan mechs from lights to heavies. just to show you a TW S: 5xJJ 1xLPL 2xMPL 4xSRM6 2xMG to Summoner prime yikes! ^_^ I am a Summoner Fan! my fav mech of all time.

True, but it does have heavy hitting weapons and a lot of range. It has over double the armour of a kit fox and the LRMs are still usable under 180m, at reduced damage. The B variant can load 5x SSRM6 and would dice, slice, and julian the poor thing. Then there's the D variant, the one I have my eyes on. 2x energy in each arm, 1x ballistic in each torso, 2xAMS, and if it does anything of note, a targeting computer. I have been tweaking and 4x ERML, 2xUAC2(4xammo), 2xAMS(2xammo), drop TC, add 1 DHS is possible. Or, with an omni-pod from the B, drop the UAC2s and go for a UAC5(2-3xammo) and an LRM10 (2-3x ammo).... I should note these builds are assuming we can not add or subtract total armour.

The prime though... we will have to see what they give it for quirks. They mentioned reducing weapon cooldown times and modifying heat generation/loss. So who knows, they might make that 1x energy slot fire twice as fast and cool the weapon mounted there by double as well. That wouldn't look so bad then. Will have to see what they do for quirks though, they have not given us anything solid.

#54 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 07 June 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Hmm, that is what I get for being lazy and using Shar Wolf's list. *Shar Wolf, bus, tossed.* I will go in and edit it, thanks for pointing it out.

In my defense - I was using Sarna - which is known to be unreliable ^_^

#55 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

Regarding the Clan AC topic, as I'm understanding it, it won't necessarily be a 'mechbay swap' from LBX to Standard AC, the issue is that ammo itself gets tied to a weapon ID.

So, we'll have that 'ghost AC' on the mech, and likely be able to swap the LBX and Std AC like we currently toggle ECM from counter to active, the big issue then ends up being that we have to carry separate loads of ammo for scatter/slug, whereas, if I recall correctly, it used to simply be LBx ammo, and the ammo itself split or held together as the pilot chose.

So, we'll see a Left Arm mounted LBx, and in the same exact slot (likely grayed out), a regular AC. And somewhere on the mech, you're going to have to put slug ammo, AND LBx ammo.

Of course, I could be wrong, it's happened before, but this is how it's likely to work from how I've been reading it.

#56 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 June 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

In my defense - I was using Sarna - which is known to be unreliable ^_^

lol true enough. I do not know what you did with the bold and underline codes but for some reason it keeps negating the underline on the last few, even if I edit the thing and redo them all. I blame the forum on that one. Could be my wanton use of "[ ]" for additions too. Oh well, thanks for the list anyway, saved me from doing it hahaha

View PostMercer Skye, on 07 June 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

Regarding the Clan AC topic, as I'm understanding it, it won't necessarily be a 'mechbay swap' from LBX to Standard AC, the issue is that ammo itself gets tied to a weapon ID.

So, we'll have that 'ghost AC' on the mech, and likely be able to swap the LBX and Std AC like we currently toggle ECM from counter to active, the big issue then ends up being that we have to carry separate loads of ammo for scatter/slug, whereas, if I recall correctly, it used to simply be LBx ammo, and the ammo itself split or held together as the pilot chose.

So, we'll see a Left Arm mounted LBx, and in the same exact slot (likely grayed out), a regular AC. And somewhere on the mech, you're going to have to put slug ammo, AND LBx ammo.

Of course, I could be wrong, it's happened before, but this is how it's likely to work from how I've been reading it.

Nope, already confirmed by Paul (I linked the twitter post in the OP and in this thread), we get 3 different types of ACs for Clans. They can not get alternate fire in any form to work.

#57 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 07 June 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

I do not know what you did with the bold and underline codes

I didn't do anything to them - wouldn't know how.

Just hit the B and U buttons. ^_^

#58 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 June 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I didn't do anything to them - wouldn't know how.

Just hit the B and U buttons. ^_^

It is probably just the forum. I have so much going on in that post the poor thing is getting overloaded. *shrug*

#59 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostMoenrg, on 07 June 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

With 22.5 tons of weapons available and a UAC-20 weighing in at 12 tons each without ammo, I'd say no chance at all.

At 10 tons each, it can't even carry 2xUAC-10's if it wants to bring any ammo.

Remove armor? :P

#60 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostKoniving, on 07 June 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Remove armor? :P

If only they would confirm that. They have only said we can "redistribute" armour and that it would be "variable" but they did not say we could add or subtract from the base amount.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users