Is Solo Que Broken?

155 replies to this topic

#1 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Past two days seems like I am dropping into 8/12 mans every match. Right after the patch it was great with some of the best matches I have seen all year but now I just had 10 total wipes in a row.
Pretty obvious was up against teams on comms so I am asking if there is some new button I am supposed to press or is it just the new mm is severely broken?

As an aside the first day I was seeing a few new guys most matches but now nothing.

#2 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

If you're solo dropping the biggest group you'll see is 1 4man on the enemy team.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 06 July 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

If you're solo dropping the biggest group you'll see is 1 4man on the enemy team.

This.

If you're getting stomped, it's because they're outplaying you, not because they're all on comms.

#4 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

I seriously doubt that after 10k matches. I am pretty sure by now i know when a team is on comms and one match they admitted they were an 8 man when asked. This is much different gameplay then after the patch almost like it was before.

View PostAdiuvo, on 06 July 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Why I am asking as thats my understanding.

#5 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I seriously doubt that after 10k matches. I am pretty sure by now i know when a team is on comms and one match they admitted they were an 8 man when asked. This is much different gameplay then after the patch almost like it was before.

Why I am asking as thats my understanding.

Then you need to screen shot the players screen of the match and log it as a bug to support@mwomercs.com. The largest group allowed in the solo queue is a 4 man, so a 4 man on each side are the largest pre-mades that you should see solo, anything larger is a bug.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

no, groups over 4 can ONLY drop in the group queue. That's a hard mechanic and there's no release valve. If you are, then take screenshots and send them to support. smh

#7 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

I do not know about this..

Last few matches I have had.. when I do get inevitably overrun.. I pop into another mech, and my eyes bleed.

Mechs sitting in one spot getting plastered by missiles.
Mechs that drag lasers in a wide arc desperately trying to hit a mech sitting still in front of them at 150 meters..
Heavies and Assaults topping out at 8 damage..

Dafuq happened to the Brackets?

#8 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Will do thanks.

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 06 July 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

I do not know about this..

Last few matches I have had.. when I do get inevitably overrun.. I pop into another mech, and my eyes bleed.

Mechs sitting in one spot getting plastered by missiles.
Mechs that drag lasers in a wide arc desperately trying to hit a mech sitting still in front of them at 150 meters..
Heavies and Assaults topping out at 8 damage..

Dafuq happened to the Brackets?

I haven't seen any noobs today so I don't know . What I have seen was obvious coordination on the spot. cant do that by keyboard. I was curious if someone found an exploit or something to synch into solo. 10 matches best my team was two kills. And they were playing well for other pugs.

#10 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Just to be sure, you were dropping solo and not 2-4 man queue? 2-4 man queue can drop into the group que with groups up to 12.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

I haven't seen any noobs today so I don't know . What I have seen was obvious coordination on the spot. cant do that by keyboard. I was curious if someone found an exploit or something to synch into solo. 10 matches best my team was two kills. And they were playing well for other pugs.
If you get the right mix, you can have some really well coordinated PUG matches that look like larger teams. Doesn't happen often, but I have had it happen.

Edited by Bront, 06 July 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Nope was dropping solo. I just played three matches and though two were losses it was no fault of anyone but my own team. Still they ran differently than the ones earlier. You tend to know when its just exceptional pugs running instinctively and those are the best matches when i don't mind losing even in a big way.

Now in chat last match I was told some teams are synch dropping into solo. First off I guess it may be possible but I have no way of knowing if that's the case or if there is anyway to stop it.

#12 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Pug drops are still tough to get a fair game going. been in a few pug stomps and the only reason I made it through alive is because most of the opposing teams are heavies and assaults and im in a Spider, and then there was this horribad lag yesterday, where I had a Kit Fox 20 or 30 meters in front of me and I couldn't hit him even when his mech was at a dead stop sigh!. Dropping in a heavy or assault is an impossible dream lately, everybody forget we have med and light mechs...

#13 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Max 1 group per side in solo. Cant sync drop. File a ticket.

Trouble in pugs now is that playing aggressive is way op. Best teams are in group. No more premades leading or carrying. One side rushes, one side mills/scatters, you get a roll.

Use chat. Play aggro. Win more. Sniping in pugs is not that viable now. Always lights, no premades to anchor you.

#14 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 July 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Max 1 group per side in solo. Cant sync drop. File a ticket.

Trouble in pugs now is that playing aggressive is way op. Best teams are in group. No more premades leading or carrying. One side rushes, one side mills/scatters, you get a roll.

Use chat. Play aggro. Win more. Sniping in pugs is not that viable now. Always lights, no premades to anchor you.

It's possible, I suppose, that there's a "bug" letting groups drop in the solo queue (although I'd suspect that if that were the case we'd see a lot more than one post about it), but I tend to agree with you. A lot of solo players are quickly having to adjust to not having premades out there to help carry matches.

Apparently the latest trend is blaming the losses on new players since they don't have groups to blame anymore

#15 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

Exact opposite experience for me dropping solo. I am wondering if there are any groups getting dropped into the solo queue at all anymore. Perhaps it is because I am leveling heavy and assaults but I really do not see many groups at all. About 90% of my drops I am in alpha now and the others seem to be puggers as well though I don't really ask.

Matches have been great overall though, ended up activating my premium time because of how enjoyable the drops have been.

#16 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, the solo queue without groups in it tends to lead to much better games, if you're not expecting any kind of organization at all.

Likewise, the group games also tend to be much better, since everyone seems to have some basic grasp of group movement.

#17 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

You may be experiencing the sharp end of a good commander on the opposing team. It doesn't take much to herd the cats in such a way as to decimate totally un-herded cats. But do not despair, once the Elo has balanced out again both you and the cat-herders will be in a better place.

#18 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

As Nikolai said here --> http://mwomercs.com/...n/page__st__360

There appears to be some misunderstanding over the nature of the Matchmaker.
Under no circumstances in this matchmaker will a 12 man pre-made team face off against PUGs. They are in distinct and seperate queues.

The Solo Queue is composed of:
  • Solo players
  • Up to 1 group of 2-4 Players per team.
The Group Queue is composed of:
  • Groups of 2-10 Players
  • Groups of 12 Players
In all likelihood, if you are dropping solo and encountering players claiming to be part of a full-premade team, they are most likely attempting to use psychological and intimidation warfare on your team to tip the balance in their favour.

#19 Thimble

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Similar experience, first day of patch was great matches. Lots of relatively poor players, but almost all matches were 12:7 or better... only 3 stomps all night.

Since then, I've been running ~80% of matches are stomps (12:3 or worse). In these matches, it seems one team is relatively consistent skill level and the other is all over the place. It feels like I'm either clubbing a dozen seals or fighting with all I've got get pull in a kill or two for my team before the pounding ends.

Its consistent across my weight classes (I use all but assault), which sucks. I hope PGI is noticing this and looking into it. Definitely feels like MM is having trouble.

edit typo

Edited by Thimble, 06 July 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#20 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Played a few games in the solo queue today, noticed a bit of skill disparity between teams, pretty sure with 2-4 mans there was also an uneven distribution of those small groups.
Good news is it can easily be tweaked and will balance out over time.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users