#auniversetoexplore - Part Deux

215 replies to this topic

#141 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Who is the target audience for this game going to be.

Edited by Tekadept, 06 September 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#142 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 06 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

It wouldn't be much of a teaser if we revealed everything. Hence the countdown. :)
Questions only please.

Ok, direct question. please do not moderate for heresy against doctrine

1.with mwo being in a development intensive state of perpetual beta, will this new project slow down mwo's current pace of development, I.E. dev resources being tasked to the new project.

2. Even more direct, what game is your priority, MWO or the new project.

considering the length of time I have been here, and the amount of money I have spent on this game (please look it up, I am a stout supporter with my funds) I think I deserve an answer. Please let me know, even if it is by email with an NDA attached. I need to determine where my priorities are as well

#143 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Flat out, the greatest asset MechWarrior: Online has is the concept artwork of FlyingDebris. Is he staying on with MW: O, or is he being reassigned to this new project?

#144 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

What is the password for the site?

#145 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 06 September 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Ok, direct question. please do not moderate for heresy against doctrine

1.with mwo being in a development intensive state of perpetual beta, will this new project slow down mwo's current pace of development, I.E. dev resources being tasked to the new project.

2. Even more direct, what game is your priority, MWO or the new project.

considering the length of time I have been here, and the amount of money I have spent on this game (please look it up, I am a stout supporter with my funds) I think I deserve an answer. Please let me know, even if it is by email with an NDA attached. I need to determine where my priorities are as well

I only want to know what the map production is looking like for next year. We really need those maps.

#146 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 September 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

What is the password for the site?

It is in the this tread and all over the internet...

once again... search...

On never mind here is a link

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...XPLORE+password

#147 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostTKSax, on 06 September 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

It is in the this tread and all over the internet...

once again... search...

On never mind here is a link

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...XPLORE+password

Very funny man. Hard to keep composure with comments like these.

#148 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 September 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

I only want to know what the map production is looking like for next year. We really need those maps.

valid question, however I am not that short sighted. I want to know how vested they plan to be in the immediate future and down the road.
who knows, mwo may not be around another year. I truly hope that would not be the case as I have put way too much heart into this as have my brothers.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 06 September 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#149 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 06 September 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Stand by because this month is going to see the next map and we are eager to unroll another after that.

I know that you guys have two maps in the works. I know that maps are going to be readily made. Now that you guys are blowing CW out the way Is this going to get more attention. As far as I see it, we are going to have CW with less than 20 maps for a few months.

What worries me is I believe you said that maps are not high priority, but To your community and the people that play the game maps are just as important as shiny new mechs.

#150 FDJustin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Will the new game involve an expansion of staff, or will old staff be moved on to the new game? If it's a split, what portion will continue development on MWO?

Is this an independent title, or has it received funding from an outside source, such as a publisher?

How much control does IGP have over MWO?

*I hear you have a time based license for the mechwarrior title. If so, will you be unable to continue running MWO after the license period has expired?

Edited by FDJustin, 06 September 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#151 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Please remember to try not to discuss the questions. This will make it easier to sort them and to answer them on Monday as it removes some noise.

Thanks!

#152 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Any crossover/cross promo between MWO and...whatever that is?

#153 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

Question
Are you going to put in the features that you have said you would for the last 2 years like the following or is MWO going to die a slow death?
Like the faction points
Our Names in the credits
Drop ships
Planet capture
Base defense mode

#154 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Here's more questions:

Looking back over mistakes that were made with MW:O (how many pillars again? 3PV? Coolant flush? Stranding a lot of core original players on an island?) what, specifically, is being done to rectify them? This thread is happening on the MW:O forums; we're not just strangers talking about a new game here. We already have a relationship with PGI and it can very reasonably be described as 'often adversarial'. Not try to troll here at all, this is a sincere and honest question. There's a lot of broken promises and breaches of trust in MW:Os early development. I really like the recent direction (last 10 months now give or take) and so I'm willing to pretty much push it aside and move forward. A new game though is a chance to replay some of those same bad decisions.

So what, specifically, is being looked at to mend the fences with this specific community who's already invested (good or ill) with PGI over the development of PGIs current game to make them excited about the new one and trust that it's not going to hit the same bumps?

A lot of us have been down this road with you before to some greater or lesser degree and last time we took a few wrong turns and got mugged. Scenery for the last while of the drive has been fine but now you're wanting us to start the same trip over. Why do we trust this trip vs the last one?

#155 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Will you be wiling to give players of MWO who have shelled out cash for packages a small trial/starter/ship/mech/goodies/premium time/beta access/ect... something to get them to take a less biased look at the new game?

#156 Leded

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

wonder if there would be flamage directed at me if i said
in regards to Mechwarrior

"Microsoft did it better" :ph34r:

#157 Snowseth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'd like to sign up but the AUTE page is un-encrypted...

How security is PGI's websites overall?
There is really money flowing around, after all.

#158 Pope RW

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

I just find it disturbing that the co founder of Piranha Games seems to think the MWO is "an online free-to-play giant robot combat game"

Additionally as this new title is "the largest production ever undertaken here at Piranha" you know that MWO is now having its resources moved to the new cash cow.

Also how come we can talk about other PGI games here in the forums, but games by other houses cannot even be mentioned?

Edited by Pope RW, 06 September 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#159 Duck Hunt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostPope RW, on 06 September 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

I just find it disturbing that the co founder of Piranha Games seems to think the MWO is "an online free-to-play giant robot combat game"

Additionally as this new title is "the largest production ever undertaken here at Piranha" you know that MWO is now having its resources moved to the new cash cow.

Also how come we can talk about other PGI games here in the forums, but games by other houses cannot even be mentioned?
my thoughts exactly

Edited by Duck Hunt, 06 September 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#160 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'm not sure what to ask. Part of me wants to congratulate you on the new endeavor, part of me remains very cynical given the protracted delays which core gameplay content promised for MWO back in 2012 has experienced.

Also, making statements like

MechWarrior Online's incredibly successful Founder's Program proved that we can work directly with our backers to help build a game for the community.

really paints a target on your back for criticism. 2014 has been better, but 2013 was an awful time that is going to burn in the memory of your Founders for a long time to come.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users