112 replies to this topic

#61 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

But why should I be patient and wait for changes that I know will fix a lot of problems when I can go on the forums and kick up a stink!? D:

Shhh. You're still doing it.

well, atleast you are honest about the troll part :D
or, maybe it is just "aggressive discussion"

#62 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Lol. This thread with one gif:

Posted Image

#63 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 19 September 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

I get the feeling you are the one who doesn't want so see the truth here. So let me ask you this. Many of the best players this game has to offer have repeatedly stated that some of the clan mechs (TW in in particular) are too strong. How is this an issue of bad IS pilots if even the best clan pilots think some clan mechs are OP? Seriously, if you are using a TW and don't realize this thing needs some adjustments (i'm using it for the last 400 games, and it does) you are simply in denial.

Most of the best players are actually (IS) players, they have dominated this game from Beta and then comes the Timber Wolf that upset the natual order of things and I feel for them, many are friends of mine. But because of the mechs basic attributes you can only nerf to their liking only so far.

It has speed, it has armor, it has jump jets, and it can load missiles, balistics, and lasers, it's a fugn utility knife. Even if the Timber Wolf loaded no lasers at all it would beat most heavies with SRM6 and CUAC5's generating very little heat. it's just the mech man not the weapons. But because you NERF IT's have screamed bloody murder so long, other clan mechs have suffered to the point their unusable..

There is NO end to this, (IS) players will have to change tactics to defeat clan mechs no matter what else is done to clan mechs. Now those top players in the (IS) know this and presently wipe the floor with Clan mechs. They don't stand across from clan mechs and just let us fire on them.. it's time for the (IS) to look at them selves, stop giving PGI head aches, and adapt.. because there is nothing else left to do to the clan mechs that will EVER MATTER.

Sorry I had to edit this because I wanted to answer your questions.. I don't use my Timber Wolf much I think I have about 5 out of 100 games in a Timber Wolf in the last few weeks
1. They too damned Hot the way I build them.. I will have to come up with another build and I don't have the time or desire to mess with it before the next round of nerfs come.

Edited by mongo2006, 19 September 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#64 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

View Postugrakarma, on 19 September 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Lol. This thread with one gif:

Posted Image

LOL yeh I've been here much longer than I would like, but it's important to me to give (IS) pilots a way to even the odds with clan mechs so that they can see that the BIG BAD TIMBER WOLF is nothing more than a a turtle that shuts down and hides in it's shell at the first sign of trouble if you challenge it.

#65 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

LOL hahahhahahahahaha!

I was having brekfast and thinking: "Now I'll turn on the pc, and sure I'll find another thread about nerf/clan/is stuff"

TA DAAAAAAAA!!! Here it is!!!!

I wonder if moderators should move this kind of post to "our dayly whine" section....

edit: SO, Mongo, .... member since 8-october-2013.
What have you piloted before your clan mechs went you?
Have you piloted surrounded by idiot IS pilots?
ecc.

You do know that posting a pic with your best match does mean nothing, right?

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 19 September 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#66 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

#67 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 19 September 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

You're so cool and l33t. Quick, tell us how awesome you are again, please?

You can make this about me all you want... But the fact of the matter is, this is about your whining, and the lack of options to satisfy you and people like you. Many of you (IS) pilots run around in XL engines, you guys do just fine knowing the risks, How much do you really think the changes to our engines will really effect us. It will not satisfy you trust me. This has turned intoa grudge match where you guys are fighting for no logical reason until you do the one thing that will matter, and the only thing that hasn't been done.. CHANGE YOUR TACTICS

#68 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

You can make this about me all you want... But the fact of the matter is, this is about your whining, and the lack of options to satisfy you and people like you. Many of you (IS) pilots run around in XL engines, you guys do just fine knowing the risks, How much do you really think the changes to our engines will really effect us. It will not satisfy you trust me. This has turned intoa grudge match where you guys are fighting for no logical reason until you do the one thing that will matter, and the only thing that hasn't been done.. CHANGE YOUR TACTICS

What are these tactics?

#69 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 19 September 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

LOL hahahhahahahahaha!

I was having brekfast and thinking: "Now I'll turn on the pc, and sure I'll find another thread about nerf/clan/is stuff"

TA DAAAAAAAA!!! Here it is!!!!

I wonder if moderators should move this kind of post to "our dayly whine" section....

edit: SO, Mongo, .... member since 8-october-2013.
What have you piloted before your clan mechs went you?
Have you piloted surrounded by idiot IS pilots?
ecc.

You do know that posting a pic with your best match does mean nothing, right?

Lets do it this way the only mechs I don't have mastered are Wolverines, Cicadas, Firestarters (own 2 can't bring my self to buy a 3rd) and locust (never owned one), Quickdraw, and the ones that have come out in the last 3 months. All the staple (IS) mechs I kick ass with.. your point?

View PostAdiuvo, on 19 September 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

What are these tactics?

Stop knee jerking and read the thread

#70 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Lets do it this way the only mechs I don't have mastered are Wolverines, Cicadas, Firestarters (own 2 can't bring my self to buy a 3rd) and locust (never owned one), Quickdraw, and the ones that have come out in the last 3 months. All the staple (IS) mechs I kick ass with.. your point?

Explain better you point. what does you mean with "you (IS) pilots sucks", "I'm a clan pilot"
Imo, this means nothing at all :D
Above all now, that still there isn't CW at all!!!

#71 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

It has speed, it has armor, it has jump jets, and it can load missiles, balistics, and lasers, it's a fugn utility knife. Even if the Timber Wolf loaded no lasers at all it would beat most heavies with SRM6 and CUAC5's generating very little heat. it's just the mech man not the weapons. But because you NERF IT's have screamed bloody murder so long, other clan mechs have suffered to the point their unusable..

Game does not have engine crits that affect anything, be it speed/targeting (slower torso movement), change the overall heat dissipation nor heat cap, be it Clan or IS. Making the changes, the load, as they have with the weapons should have been a smaller amount if they had taken into consideration that a major foundation was missing.

Clan XL engines, though fixed pure mech, allow them to have the speed and be able to carry a balanced weapon load. Destroy one side torso most Clan mechs still have approx half of their weaponry left. Most IS mechs are asymmetric, destroy the armed side and that mech is neutered. Do the same thing with either side while equipped with XL engine = death.

Really thing about that for a moment. How would many games have turned out if Clans died with the lost of a side torso? Or if IS XL engines equipped engines did not die when destroyed, how much faster or heavier equipment could those mech carry, even in an asymmetric mech?

(shrugs) Atm what has been done has been done. What matters is how PGI is going to approach it. They have provided some overview but until it has been implemented we do not have a full grasp of how it will changes things. What I believe we do agree on is the road taken so far appears to be bandaids when what needs to be applied are stitches/staples followed by antibiotics and rest.

#72 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

View Postugrakarma, on 19 September 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

If you actually read my post I recognize the power of the clan mechs. I also recognize there are some weaker mechs. I own Masakari package and been running especially the Timber Wolf alot. It is the best mech in game at the moment by far - alot of competitive players agree with me. They need further tweaking to not be so dominant. I don't care about your pug matches - they mean nothing. I do care about the balance of coming CW and the balance of player run tournaments. I don't want to see Timmys all over the place because there is no real competition for them.

Of course I don't want to see them over nerfed - Clans should be powerful. But ridiculously overpowered? No way. You should try the group queue and see some skilled units play with clan mechs. Perhaps that would open your eyes a bit.

I play with some of the best players in the game bro, I belong to no unit yet and this allows me to be trained by many people and see many view points. I know the clans mechs with a lot of lasers are nothing if you make them over heat, and you can only do that if your an immediate threat to them. If you allow a clan mech to get back into cover and cool off you are doing your self a disservice, it will cool off and kill you

WAKE UP!!!!

Edited by mongo2006, 19 September 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#73 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I play with some of the best players in the game bro, I belong to no unit yet and this allows me to be trained by many people and see many view points. I know the clans mechs with a lot of lasers are nothing if you make them over heat, and you can only do that if your an immediate threat to them. If you allow a clan mech to get back into cover and cool off you can doing your self a disservice, it will cool off and kill you

WAKE UP!!!!

Good lord, is this still going?

#74 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:52 PM

You crazy OP. The fact you can't make a TBR work for you, all things considered, just shines a light on your skill level.

#75 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostOzric, on 19 September 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

You crazy OP. The fact you can't make a TBR work for you, all things considered, just shines a light on your skill level.

I'm beginning to suspect he's trying to troll. >.>

#76 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 19 September 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Game does not have engine crits that affect anything, be it speed/targeting (slower torso movement), change the overall heat dissipation nor heat cap, be it Clan or IS. Making the changes, the load, as they have with the weapons should have been a smaller amount if they had taken into consideration that a major foundation was missing.

Clan XL engines, though fixed pure mech, allow them to have the speed and be able to carry a balanced weapon load. Destroy one side torso most Clan mechs still have approx half of their weaponry left. Most IS mechs are asymmetric, destroy the armed side and that mech is neutered. Do the same thing with either side while equipped with XL engine = death.

Really thing about that for a moment. How would many games have turned out if Clans died with the lost of a side torso? Or if IS XL engines equipped engines did not die when destroyed, how much faster or heavier equipment could those mech carry, even in an asymmetric mech?

(shrugs) Atm what has been done has been done. What matters is how PGI is going to approach it. They have provided some overview but until it has been implemented we do not have a full grasp of how it will changes things. What I believe we do agree on is the road taken so far appears to be bandaids when what needs to be applied are stitches/staples followed by antibiotics and rest.

Yup I totally agree with you, I think 7 laser hard points in some variants took it over the top personally but whats done is done, but because of the heat nerfs, you can still run 7 if you got some place to hide while you cool down.. but many many mechs suffered needlessly to nerf the TW.

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Good lord, is this still going?

I got pleanty of coffee I'm on the 3rd pot

#77 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Here bro let help you out here.. See a persons ELO when they come into the game seems to be about the same as a player that has 1600 kills and 1600 deaths... VS a person who has about 40 kills and 60 deaths in the single drops.. It don't matter how long you been playing (skill) if you bring your ELO up you are going to go right through the new people to the game before their ELO drops down. But for the few weeks your ELO's are about equal you will OWN THEM, and they'll be on the forums talking about clan mechs are OP. So ELO palys a huge part in this misconception.

Because before the Clans everyone was complaining about how how OP the Phoenix pack mechs were, right?

#78 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Shh. You've ran your own thread into the ground. Just let it go. It's over. We've got you figured out.

I know it hurts but no one cares how much damage you did in a Warhawk. Go post your build over on Mechspecs and clog up their forums with your self-congratulatory fap-fest.

LOL Was that even and attempt at reverse psychology or are you just happy to see me.. I know way over your head.... Anyway I won't let it go because I actually paid money for these mechs so PGI could build them so YOU could get them for free (just cost a lil bit of time).

Don't start the PTW crap because you can get a clan mech with no cash.. so suck it up. The build I used, I found on mechspecs when I check the over 1000 thread so I can't post it as it's already there.

The point of showing the score was to show that some people are unprepared and don't build mechs for the purpose of team play nor do they use the available defenses readily available to them. If it was about me I could show higher scores.. but good try ya NERF IT.

View PostTezcatli, on 19 September 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

Because before the Clans everyone was complaining about how how OP the Phoenix pack mechs were, right?

Before my time bro.. I have no problem saying I don't know.. and I don't.

#79 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:47 PM

Three Arguments that Clan boys use to justify their current pay-to-win situation

1. Don't nerf Clan mechs, they need to be different.
While I agree they should feel different, it doesn't mean they should whipe the floor with anything not using omni tech as in BT lore.Balance means focus on different advantages and disadvantages. Currently the advantages of clan technology outbalance the disadvantages.

2. Don't nerf Clan XL engines, because Clanners are restricted to use them while IS can choose Standard.
IS standard engines currently have no edge in effective fighting power over Clan XL engines. If you loose two side torsos,you are next to death anyway and lost all your weapons, expect for a hand full IS mechs with center torso weapons that are quite not competitive anyway (beside Yen-Lo-Wang).

3. Clan should be overpowered because of lore
That might work in a strategy game like BT-TT or Star Craft where a player command several units, but not in a shooter game. It leads to "winner team joining", a common phenomena in all team based fixed size shooter. The majority of players don't want to be in the underlaying team.

#80 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:16 AM

View Postxe N on, on 19 September 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

Three Arguments that Clan boys use to justify their current pay-to-win situation

1. Don't nerf Clan mechs, they need to be different.
While I agree they should feel different, it doesn't mean they should whipe the floor with anything not using omni tech as in BT lore.Balance means focus on different advantages and disadvantages. Currently the advantages of clan technology outbalance the disadvantages.

2. Don't nerf Clan XL engines, because Clanners are restricted to use them while IS can choose Standard.
IS standard engines currently have no edge in effective fighting power over Clan XL engines. If you loose two side torsos,you are next to death anyway and lost all your weapons, expect for a hand full IS mechs with center torso weapons that are quite not competitive anyway (beside Yen-Lo-Wang).

3. Clan should be overpowered because of lore
That might work in a strategy game like BT-TT or Star Craft where a player command several units, but not in a shooter game. It leads to "winner team joining", a common phenomena in all team based fixed size shooter. The majority of players don't want to be in the underlaying team.

1. Dude how can something me play to win when you can get it free?

2. I use XL engines in many of my (IS) mechs so what I do just fine... Either way I'll still be alive to melt your face, you and the NERF IT's are just grasping for straws.

3. Sorry this post has said many times there is no place for lore in this game or balance, it is Mechwarrior only in title. Mechwarrior is based solely on lore and this isn't it. This is a good game and it deserved to have it's own name and lore, this would have gotten rid of lore issues we have.

The funny part is we don't kill you with engines, we kill you with weapons, but nobody talks about clan weapons now, Here are the facts dude, blown torso or not you (IS) are not going to change your tactics, you're still going to let clan mechs get behind cover, we gonna cool off behind cover and you gonna die. What you gonna nerf then, hit points? LOL! hit points don't mean a hill of beans behind cover...

Edited by mongo2006, 20 September 2014 - 12:18 AM.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users