• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 29 May 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Russ should run for office. His "vague fu" is indeed quite the sight.

Hey, now, man... Look at this game. It's a HUGE game....

#13442 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

Yea we still don't even have a clear answer....it's just been quite on such a topic lately.....I don't get how he can kill it one part of a townhall, then later say it's on the cusp? WHAT'S THE DAMN CUSP RUSS! It is frustrating for me just as those wanting to kill it cause its like dude....make up your mind please!

I still want to know how many he feels are left in the barrel before we hit the crappy scum at the bottom (Just say no to most of the OS mechs.....) sure some mechs are left I won't deny that at all, as some have pointed out they have enough IS mechs to last like a year, honestly and I think we all here agree though that's not likely, I atleast hope not 2 more years in this era would get dull fast, it's already feeling somewhat this way at times alreadyI feel. I want to talk about it with Russ on a tech jump just for his idea on when....

It's a worthy topic imo but it's always shoved off with not good answers. Either crush our spirits now for future mechs and tech or give us something to chew on a bit....

Edited by CK16, 29 May 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#13443 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostCK16, on 29 May 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Yea we still don't even have a clear answer....it's just been quite on such a topic lately.....I don't get hoe he can kill it one part of a townhall, then later say it's on the cusp? WHAT'S THE DAMN CUSP RUSS! It is frustrating for me just as those wanting to kill it cause its like dude....make up your mind please!

I still want to know how many he feels are left in the barrel before we hit the crappy scum at the bottom (Just say no to most of the OS mechs.....) sure some mechs are left I won't deny that at all, as some have pointed out they have enough IS mechs to last like a year, honestly and I think we all here agree though that's not likely, I atleast hope not 2 more years in this era would get dull fast, it's already feeling somewhat this way at times alreadyI feel. I want to talk about it with Russ on a tech jump just for his idea on when....

It's a worthy topic imo but it's always shoved off with not good answers. Either crush our spirits now for future mechs and tech or give us something to chew on a bit....

Basically, treat it like a band aid. No matter what answer he will give us, someone will be pissed off. You cannot make everyone happy, but if your decisions are rooted in good intentions than most will understand you're at least trying something for the betterment of things. Just out with it. Be clear. It isn't worth the fallout that inconsistency and vagueness bring. Just rip it.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 29 May 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#13444 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 May 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hey, now, man... Look at this game. It's a HUGE game....

I have friends in various places they'll do the job good and stop China! from taking the jobs and giving it to them mexicans. Not the ones in the south the northern ones! those snow mexicans! Gotta build a wall! invading us with their "pootine" and "tim hortins!" All right enough Trumping.

View PostCK16, on 29 May 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Yea we still don't even have a clear answer....it's just been quite on such a topic lately.....I don't get how he can kill it one part of a townhall, then later say it's on the cusp? WHAT'S THE DAMN CUSP RUSS! It is frustrating for me just as those wanting to kill it cause its like dude....make up your mind please!

In pleb terms Russ is saying; "uhh yea, its something now lemmie say this catch phrase and hope you all forget it in a week. Buy more mech packs!"

Edited by LastKhan, 29 May 2016 - 04:22 PM.

#13445 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

I get that, but still it's frustrating for both camps. I mean I thinks it's commonly felt here with most of us we are about a year or two out before future mechs. Just be nice to hear Russ confirm popular belief instead of drawing it out as long as he can, that would only frustrate most of us. Granted maybe they are keeping this era active till Battletech drops to help bolster them up as much as possible. I just hope with Battletech coming they don't drop the anchor and only stay close to this era and 3025...

I get he can't say to much unless he has a certain plan of action. Cause let's be honest here, if they do it right the MkII, Nova Cat, Uziel ect. All should be in a tech jump no questions there, but to do a tech jump it will require alot of planning and something to fund the amount of work require and possibly new hires.....This requires a big mech pack or something like what the Clan Wave 1 was....how long was that on sale for before launch? So soon they will have to announce something if they go about it like they should and if they plan to hit the time line we figure they will.

And hopefully they do it smartly and not just jump to 3055 or 58 or some era like that. 3060/3062 imo offers more mechs (all the ones from 3053 to date X) and we have several conflicts spring up again across the Innersphere among Houses and Clans...

Edited by CK16, 29 May 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#13446 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostCK16, on 29 May 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

I get that, but still it's frustrating for both camps. I mean I thinks it's commonly felt here with most of us we are about a year or two out before future mechs. Just be nice to hear Russ confirm popular belief instead of drawing it out as long as he can, that would only frustrate most of us. Granted maybe they are keeping this era active till Battletech drops to help bolster them up as much as possible. I just hope with Battletech coming they don't drop the anchor and only stay close to this era and 3025...

I get he can't say to much unless he has a certain plan of action. Cause let's be honest here, if they do it right the MkII, Nova Cat, Uziel ect. All should be in a tech jump no questions there, but to do a tech jump it will require alot of planning and something to fund the amount of work require and possibly new hires.....This requires a big mech pack or something like what the Clan Wave 1 was....how long was that on sale for before launch? So soon they will have to announce something if they go about it like they should and if they plan to hit the time line we figure they will.

And hopefully they do it smartly and not just jump to 3055 or 58 or some era like that. 3060/3062 imo offers more mechs (all the ones from 3053 to date X) and we have several conflicts spring up again across the Innersphere among Houses and Clans...

though it almost might be worth it just to hear the explosion of entitled butthurt...... Posted Image

#13447 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Might have Civil war on the here then xD Or at least a small camp trying for it lol

#13448 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

Double post I know here.....but consider this......I think we honestly have a better chance at the Huntsman next for the reason that, we just got a uniquely Jade Falcon Mech in the Night Gyr, adding the Blacklanner another uniquely Jade Falcon design would be redundant and kinda lame, it would be like having the Kodiak and then Grizzly released back to back for Ghost Bears ect. And who knows with the Huntsman maybe we get a Nova Cat hero mech? If not something for Smoke Jags (as they probably had access to them through the same invasion corridor)

#13449 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

I would probably pee myself in joy if we had a Nova Cat hero Huntsman....

#13450 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

OK, the early rewards for the Night Gyr are over. It's been over a month without any new announcement.

Where is the new mech?

#13451 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostOdanan, on 01 June 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

OK, the early rewards for the Night Gyr are over. It's been over a month without any new announcement.

Where is the new mech?

If it's the Black Lanner or Linebacker, they can burn in a fire.

#13452 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

This is a bit annoying not even a peep from Russ on this -.-

#13453 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostOdanan, on 01 June 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Where is the new mech?

Rifleman IIC

Posted Image

Edited by Ace Selin, 01 June 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#13454 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

Black Lanner.

Clans already have 2 50-tonners, and PGI's in love with MASC lately.

"Look, it's neat! It goes fast, MASC makes it even faster, AND it has ECM! That's really cool right?"

I think it makes it unique, sure. That's pretty cool from a pure geekery perspective. I'm worried it'll be undergunned next to the Shadowcat and Nova, depending on the range we're building for.

Linebacker seems like a heavier version of the same problem, likely outgunned by the Stormcrow and possibly Hellbringer.

#13455 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 May 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

If the Forum/Twitter/Reddit QQ and such has been such that he is that burned out on doing them, and as long as NGNG is doing such a mediocre job screening and actualyl pressing questions, than I'd prefer that he stop until he actualyl feels like doing one again.

Even quiet on twitter. Do notice the forums are relatively quiet from their end too, bar the usual L-Bam stream and world comp feedback thread.. Posted Image

#13456 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 01 June 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Rifleman IIC

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13457 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

I was thinking more 'Bubblegum Crisis' honestly.
Posted Image

Also - we've not really had much of anything.

No announcements, no new mech, no event, just a few posts about the MWO championship.

#13458 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 01 June 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Black Lanner.

Clans already have 2 50-tonners, and PGI's in love with MASC lately.

"Look, it's neat! It goes fast, MASC makes it even faster, AND it has ECM! That's really cool right?"

I think it makes it unique, sure. That's pretty cool from a pure geekery perspective. I'm worried it'll be undergunned next to the Shadowcat and Nova, depending on the range we're building for.

Linebacker seems like a heavier version of the same problem, likely outgunned by the Stormcrow and possibly Hellbringer.

The Blanner is going to be undergunned, 11.5 tons of pod space & it needs the C LA to carry a good number of energy; it doesn't have the tonnage for ballistics or missiles really. It will be mediocre at best.

#13459 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 27 January 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Lets talk about heroes!

Here are the mechs without hero variants and possible canonical heroes:

Light:
- UrbanMech: "Deputy Dawg" FTW!
- Panther: Minobu Tetsuhara's "Katana Kat" (samurai themed mech)
- Wolfhound: Phelan Kell's "Grinner"

Medium:
- Enforcer: Daniel Waylen's mech from "The Fox's Teeth" company
- Crab: ?

Heavy:
- Grasshopper: Tor Miraborg's mech (maybe named by his nickname "Iron Jarl" or maybe "Mjolnir"? Should have a lot of structure quirks and viking themed painting)
- Black Knight: Mordon Greensburg's mech, from the Greenburg's Godzillas (ideas: 1- green scaled pattern [because of the unit´s colors*, name and symbol]; 2- "Green Knight" [a reference the Monty Python's famous scene]; 3- or something related to the TV show the character featured)

Assault:
- Zeus (Sealth's Native-American themed "Skokomish", with a larger engine cap)
- Mauler (Zachary Miles "Hawk" Hawkins' mech, from the Battletech animation series)
- King Crab ('King' Hopper Morrison's pirate themed mech ["King Cobra"? - a referece to the unit's symbol and the pilot's nickname] or Corinth Brody's corporate security themed mech from the Nightwatch) I would love to see this paint scheme (it fits both heroes).

Any of the loremasters can add more candidates to the list? Bait worked as intended.

PS: I don't understand why PGI doesn't release 1 hero mech each month. It's easy (easier) money.

EDIT: updated with info by Strumpedia.

EDIT2: with the Butterbee (2nd Catapult hero) all chassis could have 2 hero variants. From the top of mind, these heroes would be great:
  • "Lady Death" (Paula Trevaline's Orion);
  • "Starbird" (Hanse Davion's Battlemaster);
  • "Cloud Gatherer" (Isoroku Kurita's Hunchback);
  • Li Dok To's Victor;
  • Morgan Hasek-Davion's Atlas;
  • a "Munnin" Raven hero, and anything PGI can invent.
EDIT3: we will get omni heroes!!

From the OP:
Spoiler

Hi Odanan. Can you give me more Infos about this Zeus Skokomish? its new to me and i like the Zeus. thx.

#13460 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 04 June 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Hi Odanan. Can you give me more Infos about this Zeus Skokomish? its new to me and i like the Zeus. thx.

Hi!

View PostStrum Wealh, on 27 January 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

For the Zeus: "Skokomish", the personal 'Mech of the MechWarrior known as "Sealth"
"MechWarrior Sealth: After his homeworld of Zavijava was attacked, Sealth left a conclave of people all descended from Native North Americans to join the Tenth Skye Rangers to help defend his people. An amazingly graceful MechWarrior, Sealth could move his Zeus as if it were a ’Mech half its weight, making it a difficult target. In the Fourth Succession War he would flank formations, hitting and dodging. While the enemy was distracted by him, the rest of his unit would hit the enemy head on. After the fighting ended, Sealth retired back to Zavijava, taking his forest-green Zeus, Skokomish, with him."
(TRO 3039, pg. 160)

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users