• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostOvion, on 03 January 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Won't happen.
IF the Fireball was released, you can bet that it wouldn't have any higher engine cap.
220 would be its limit.

Hell, the Locust is meant to have a 200/205 cap, but it's limited due to the engine. (sillier now with the drop to tweak).

Locust should get a 200 engine cap. Posted Image

I'm in the exactly opposite: all engine caps should be reduced, IMHO.

It is a bad thing to have Firestarters (a comparatively slow light mech) running at 146 km/h, when the stock doesn't break the 100 km/h. If you want to pilot a fast mech, buy a fast mech. High engine caps only makes all mechs the same thing.

BTW, IMHO (again) I also thing there should be a maximum armor cap, based on the stock one.

We have ~360 different mech variants (with 6 new each month) and restricting customization (with lower engine caps, armor caps and stock weapon specific quirks - not to mention the old and rusty hardpoint-size crusade) is the best way to make variants more unique.

For those mechs with neither high speed or armor, you could compensate with good weapon quirks. I think that's what for they were designed.

#15222 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

Place you chips fellas!
https://mwomercs.com...ion-2017-mechs/

#15223 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostCK16, on 02 January 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

I hope Alex draws an Elemental just for it! Really though, I want some form of Elementals in this game Posted Image

They would be so OP....

Smaller than a Locust (most pilots seem to have issues hitting them, when they are not standing still...), with a SRM/2 and ERSL.... brutal, also a 5 pack of them counts as a mech....

#15224 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostOdanan, on 03 January 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

It is a bad thing to have Firestarters (a comparatively slow light mech) running at 146 km/h, when the stock doesn't break the 100 km/h. If you want to pilot a fast mech, buy a fast mech. High engine caps only makes all mechs the same thing.

BTW, IMHO (again) I also thing there should be a maximum armor cap, based on the stock one.

We have ~360 different mech variants (with 6 new each month) and restricting customization (with lower engine caps, armor caps and stock weapon specific quirks - not to mention the old and rusty hardpoint-size crusade) is the best way to make variants more unique.

For those mechs with neither high speed or armor, you could compensate with good weapon quirks. I think that's what for they were designed.

That's one of them things I like about the HBS game, the mechs have to use their stock engines....

I wish MWO had gone the rout of not giving us an open mech lab like we got, with mech construction rules, rather a hanger (drop-ship) level refits.... it would've been more interesting.

#15225 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Just give me the Flea so I can finally rest my mind. And the clan Cougar would be really nice aswell.

#15226 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostSereglach, on 02 January 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

I saw the reveal on the live-stream and there was no mention of the game reaching the Clan invasion. I even went through Russ's Twitter feed and didn't notice anything about it (of course that doesn't mean I couldn't have missed something). However, no official words means nothing but speculation, which is why I was asking for a source.

Regardless, if you or anyone else has a source on the game lasting from the end of the Third Succession War through the Clan Invasion then I'd love to see it.

No, it's not just speculation. And for all your searching of Twitter, remember, Google is the Wise Wizard of the Internet. Ask and you shall receive.

'MechWarrior 5 won't stay stuck in 3015 either. The campaign will take place over the course of 34 years. "We want to go from 3015 right up to the clan invasion of 3049," Bullock tells me.'

First result when searching Mechwarrior 5 timeline.

#15227 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostOvion, on 03 January 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Hell, the Locust is meant to have a 200/205 cap, but it's limited due to the engine. (sillier now with the drop to tweak).

That is the point of my post. If the Dasher is coming indeed, the engine has obviously been modified to allow for higher speeds than currently possible since the Dasher runs some 220kph.
... unless, of course, the Dasher comes without its MASC.

I would be fine with that, as long the relative speeds of the TT originals is maintained. A slow Mech like the Annihilator or the Bounty Hunter II should stay relatively slow while fast Mechs like the Fireball should stay fast.

#15228 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 January 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

They would be so OP....

Smaller than a Locust (most pilots seem to have issues hitting them, when they are not standing still...), with a SRM/2 and ERSL.... brutal, also a 5 pack of them counts as a mech....

1 SMR/2 shot.

And they would die with half alpha of a Locust.

#15229 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

The Cerberus hasn't been talked about much lately, so I gave it its own post explaining some of the possible loadouts based off of the standard hardpoint configurations here:

https://mwomercs.com...areness-thread/

Seems to be a beast of a mech!

#15230 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 January 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

1 SMR/2 shot.

And they would die with half alpha of a Locust.

Still there are 5 of them, and they can take a small laser blast and keep running... not to mention they are so little people would miss, a lot..

#15231 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 03 January 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

That is the point of my post. If the Dasher is coming indeed, the engine has obviously been modified to allow for higher speeds than currently possible since the Dasher runs some 220kph.
... unless, of course, the Dasher comes without its MASC.
Except it wouldn't go at 220.
MWO MASC only increases Light speed by around 10%.
It would at best go 178.2.

#15232 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostOvion, on 03 January 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Which is close to what the Death's Knell reached before the Speed Tweak nerf (171) - and there were several hit-registration improvements meanwhile.

#15233 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostOvion, on 03 January 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Damn MWO exceptions. Anyway, it still means stock speed would be faster than anything we currently have.

Edited by FLG 01, 03 January 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#15234 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

I'd honestly be fine with that too.

The locust would still be able to be a nippy little sneaky thing, which is its place in the world.

The current 'max' is Stock x1.4 for Lights, 1.3 for Mediums, 1.2 for Heavies and Assaults
(Locust gets 1.2 though Posted Image )

I would honestly be fine with it scaling from stock.

If you had it that you could only fit +/- 50 (10 'steps' either way, for an 11 engine range on most mechs), it'd work out pretty interesting I think.

Locust would be 110 to 210 range.
Commando 100-200 (Deaths Knell maybe 1225 to 225)
Spider would go 190 to 290
Urbs would be 10 to 110 (xD)
and so on, up to the Atlas's 250-350 range.

Nice and straightforward all round.

And would certainly give certain variants more of a purpose.

Same as Armour values being based off of stock, rather than 'fixed' limits.
If everything could take +100% stock in any given location max (with those limits on f/r too - i.e, if a mech only has 8 rear armour stock, it can only ever have max 16, even with less front armour) It'd make things a lot more interesting.

The Atlas could become a true ultra tank of the field, with 64-128 armour STs (up to 40 armour RT's) and an up to 188/56pt CT.

(Maybe +50%. xD)
But it would make mechs more diverse definitely.

Edited by Ovion, 03 January 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#15235 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 January 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

It's a lot to cover, but do you think they will leave half the MWO's mechs out of MW5? The Clan (and 3050's IS) mechs will come, even if in a later expansion.

See, PGI is now "married" with the Mechwarrior franchise. When the MW5 crew finish their game, they will need to do something else.

I love the IS mercenary set (MW2:M is my preferred MW title), and MW5 is not even out yet, but I can't wait for a sequel where you play as the Invading Clans... (MW5: The Clans?)

Later expansion, however, is NOT the base game. That's opening a whole other can of worms, so to speak. I completely concur that PGI wouldn't want to let half of their whole MWO mech chassis roster go to waste for single player game. It's basically free work already done for it. However, I'd fully expect them to cash in on that through expansions and other paid content.

While they currently say that they want the game to run an entire 34 years . . . unless they do a lot of time-jumps I'm more inclined to believe that the final game will run one section (like the end of the Third Succession War). Then, later expansions for the game will cover expansions to the timeline. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to eventually see "MechWarrior 5: The Clans" as an expansion.

View PostShadowbaneX, on 03 January 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

No, it's not just speculation. And for all your searching of Twitter, remember, Google is the Wise Wizard of the Internet. Ask and you shall receive.

'MechWarrior 5 won't stay stuck in 3015 either. The campaign will take place over the course of 34 years. "We want to go from 3015 right up to the clan invasion of 3049," Bullock tells me.'

First result when searching Mechwarrior 5 timeline.

Thanks for that information and the link. I appreciate that. That is a LOT of ambition to have, and right now I'm skeptical that they'll achieve it . . . at least not without some really annoying time jumps in there.

Also, I wouldn't count Russ's "WE WANT TO" as anything concrete. That still sounds like drawing board speculation and design work, there. The list of times the "scope has changed" for MWO is huge, and I fully expect that to happen for MW5.

With all the times Russ has stated "We want to" for MWO and then done something entirely different, I'm surprised people would be so quick to give him a pass for MW5 when we know next to nothing about it aside from a pre-pre-Alpha gameplay showing.

Edited by Sereglach, 04 January 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#15236 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

BTW, all my chips on the Fire Moth tomorrow (Jan, 4th).

#15237 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

Some charts for you:
All mechs:Posted Image

Simplified by Class:
Posted Image

And by weight:
Posted Image

#15238 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 January 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

BTW, all my chips on the Fire Moth tomorrow (Jan, 4th).

Did we get confirmation on the announcement coming tomorrow?

#15239 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

Did we get confirmation on the announcement coming tomorrow?

No, I'm just guessing. ;)

#15240 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

So based on my poll so far, if this were to drive the mechs for this year I will go 5 of each with 2 runner ups(*) giving some grace for other happenings

Out of 186 participants

IS side would get
-Annihilator (85) [Assault]
-Stinger &/or Wasp (77) [Light]
-Crusader (70) [Heavy]
-Nightstar (57) [Assault]
-Uziel (55) [Medium]
-Sunder (47)* [Assault]
-Longbow (46)* [Assault]

Clan side would get
-Firemoth (94) [Light]
-Mad Cat Mk II (70) [Assault]
-Nova Cat (68) [Heavy]
-Warhammer IIC (68) [Assault]
-Rifleman IIC or Locust IIC (67 tie) [Heavy/Light]
-Stone Rhino (52)* [Assault]
-Cougar (39)* [Light]

I would definitely call that a good year for Clans with a nice mix of everything (besides mediums). IS wouldn't fare to bad, although a bit heavy sided with quite a few assaults.

Edited by CK16, 04 January 2017 - 03:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users