• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 12 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Can't have the 2G without the others ;)

Haha but you were the one who talked about lrms. The base variant also has 4 ballistic & 2 energy apart from it's missiles.

#18562 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 12 January 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Haha but you were the one who talked about lrms. The base variant also has 4 ballistic & 2 energy apart from it's missiles.

"... base variant ..." "... apart from LRMs."

Thus, referring to a chassis with an LRM-toting assault as its base variant, " ... if you're going to go LRM-assault, go full LRM-assault."

:D

Also: :P

And, and has been noted by other poster, even the Longbow (which is defined by LRMs as much as any chassis in the game) has variants with other weapons. :)

Edited by Virlutris, 12 January 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#18563 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 12 January 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

"... base variant ..." "... apart from LRMs."

Thus, referring to a chassis with an LRM-toting assault as its base variant, " ... if you're going to go LRM-assault, go full LRM-assault."

:D

Also: :P

And, and has been noted by other poster, even the Longbow (which is defined by LRMs as much as any chassis in the game) has variants with other weapons. :)

Haha sorry I look at hardpoints not weapons because we have a mechlab that would allow us to swap in srms or mrms or even ignore the missiles. Focusing on base loadout is fairly pointless, only the hardpoints matter.

#18564 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 12 January 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

And, and has been noted by other poster, even the Longbow (which is defined by LRMs as much as any chassis in the game) has variants with other weapons. Posted Image

All of the variants possible for this game are unfortunately a combinations of missiles and energy.

Supposedly 8 hardpoints, being 6m+2e (7Q), 8m (0W), 2m+6e (7V), 4m+4e (12C), 4m+3e+jumpjets (12R) and a PGI invented hero.

As much as I want the Longbow, it has the same weight, speed and weapons of the Stalker.

#18565 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 January 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

All of the variants possible for this game are unfortunately a combinations of missiles and energy.

Supposedly 8 hardpoints, being 6m+2e (7Q), 8m (0W), 2m+6e (7V), 4m+4e (12C), 4m+3e+jumpjets (12R) and a PGI invented hero.

As much as I want the Longbow, it has the same weight, speed and weapons of the Stalker.

I propose making the hero based on the NAIS variant. X6ac2 & x3Mlas but no ecm because people would cry about p2w.

#18566 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 13 January 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

I propose making the hero based on the NAIS variant. X6ac2 & x3Mlas but no ecm because people would cry about p2w.

I counter with doing that, but make it a 13P version for c-bills, that way no p2w argument.

#18567 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 13 January 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I counter with doing that, but make it a 13P version for c-bills, that way no p2w argument.

The Longbow has enough variants they might not think it worthwhile but I would prefer your proposal. That way it could have it's ecm and excellent HPs.

#18568 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Why so seriorz, ppl?

Most of my commentary was light-hearted banter. :D

Truthfully, I'm not in a hurry for the Viking or the Longbow. I'd take either for novelty reasons, but mostly: "meh."

#18569 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 13 January 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Why so seriorz, ppl?

Truthfully, I'm not in a hurry for the Viking or the Longbow. I'd take either for novelty reasons, but mostly: "meh."

As stated the 13NAIS Longbow is a beast in TT, swap the 6xLAC/5's for 2xUAC/10 with more energy back up and itd be a down right brutal in MWO. Solid sheild arms and decent to good torso hit boxes, it actually stands a chance at being one of the best 85t chassis in yhe game.

#18570 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 13 January 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Why so seriorz, ppl?

Haha sorry. Tone doesn't always carry well through text. I wasn't being serious either.

Personally I see a lot of potential in both chassis. To be fairly strong. The Longbow & the Viking offer high mounts, possibly good hitboxes depending on how the art turns out.

I mean, the Lbow has variants that are as fast as a Bmaster, some variants are actually more energy based, a JJ variant or two and an ecm variant as well so it wouldn't just be a Stalker with a different shape. It actually has tons of flavour and could rival the Bmaster for strength in game.

The Viking offers some of that with a ton of HPs on it's base variant. 4M, 4B & 2E all in high mounts. The 2G I mentioned has 2B & 4E +Ecm. A missile variant that has more energy and no ballistics along with an all missile variant.

#18571 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Identify this mech:
Posted Image
Source: Battletech Compendium.
Every other image, back to back, is "Unseen". So I figure this is an unseen mech. The head makes me think Stinger. The back makes me think Phoenix Hawk.

...What is it?

#18572 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Identify this mech:
Posted Image
Source: Battletech Compendium.
Every other image, back to back, is "Unseen". So I figure this is an unseen mech. The head makes me think Stinger. The back makes me think Phoenix Hawk.

...What is it?

99% sure that it's a Crusader.

#18573 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 January 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

99% sure that it's a Crusader.

I can kinda see that.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And I know the art takes a number of liberties (the Thunderbolt has a bulky Knight's Helmet for a head, the Marauder has a vast but tasteful redesign if you ignore the legs, there's the a number of other mechs... and what is perhaps the best 1980s drawing of a spider that I have ever seen.)

Posted Image
Now that's a Spider.

But for a Crusader, its really... weird compared to the models. Then again the models usually are terrible...
Neat, though.

Edited by Koniving, 14 January 2018 - 09:03 AM.

#18574 nanoreaper

• PipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDenton Texas

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

I would like too see some more variants of existing mechs like the hunchback, jenner and other older mechs. also the Argus

#18575 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

We're effectively out of Hunchback variants unless PGI intends on introducing the Crucis Type V chassis alongside the Komiyaba Type VII chassis.

Then we can see the Hunchback 5th generation.

#18576 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

We're effectively out of Hunchback variants unless PGI intends on introducing the Crucis Type V chassis alongside the Komiyaba Type VII chassis.

Then we can see the Hunchback 5th generation.

The lack of crit-splitting takes a ton of the good -5 Hunchback variants clean out of contention. It's a chassis type that really benefits from the construction method. -The -5S, most notably.

Edited by Brain Cancer, 14 January 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#18577 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 14 January 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

The lack of crit-splitting takes a ton of the good -5 Hunchback variants clean out of contention. It's a chassis type that really benefits from the construction method. -The -5S, most notably.

Splits a single crit into the RA. Yep that one's out. But given the size of the Heavy Gauss and the LBX 20... PGI needs to get around to this implementation.

Without a unique appearance, the HBK 5M and 5N are pretty much a 4G with DHS. Though the Crucis Type V chassis is unique in that it is somewhat larger than the Komiyaba Type VII chassis. (in order to fit the DHS, as otherwise it couldn't, and as such the remakes of the classics that Kali-Yama Weapons Industries also used that skeleton, both to make them incompatible with the field refits so that they can sell straight models off the production line (ruining the Marian Hegemony's monopoly in field refits for the 4G which allowed all the other variants to even exist), as well as squash the original HBK 4G and all its derivatives with their own HBK 4G and its inferior "Kali-Yama Big Bore 120mm" AC/20 with a high rate of fire on its high-end AC/5 sized rounds as opposed to the Tomodzuru 180mm Mount Type 20 and its big heavy punch, which pilots generally liked better when they could find ammo for the fleetingly rare weapon.)

(The 5H is Marian Hegemony's big middle finger to Kali-Yama Weapons Industries, as they produced a refit kit for the 5M, which was the start of yet another series of refits that allowed them to sell mods for the Hunchbacks without giving any profits back to the K-YWI, since they basically killed their mod business for the old HBK 4Gs.)

The 5SG has a lot of promise though. ECM capable. Stealth armor stock. And a Hunchback that can canonically handle a Gauss Rifle without falling on its ***. (Read TRO 3039's entry on the Crucis Type V Hunchback 4G... it is hilarious! Kurita threw prototype Gauss Rifles on them, and they kept falling over even while braced to fire. Their solution? A specially designed 35 ton Light Mech with a special set of legs designed to handle the recoil.... the Hollander.)

Edited by Koniving, 14 January 2018 - 09:34 AM.

#18578 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Splits a single crit into the RA. Yep that one's out. But given the size of the Heavy Gauss and the LBX 20... PGI needs to get around to this implementation.

I've been saying for a while, the HGR should be 10 Crist, with the LB-20 should be 8 or 9 Crist in MWO, due to the lack of dual fire modes that it was balanced around in TT... doing this would make some mech that need the crit splitting to work suddenly become viable variants in MWO. Truth be told, I'd like the HGR to be 9 Crist, so that we could see the Crusader variant that uses an XL engine and HGR....

#18579 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Juodas, I found another image of a Crusader in the same book.
Posted Image
The head is drastically different. Though that's not saying they can't be vastly different. Just unusual considering its within the same book.

There's no art signatures on either, sadly, so can't even tell if it is a different artist.

But needless to say, lets add the Crusader to MWO already so we can see it in MW5 Mercs.
(And Long Bow. Don't care. Much want.)

#18580 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Juodas, I found another image of a Crusader in the same book.

The head is drastically different. Though that's not saying they can't be vastly different. Just unusual considering its within the same book.

There's no art signatures on either, sadly, so can't even tell if it is a different artist.

But needless to say, lets add the Crusader to MWO already so we can see it in MW5 Mercs.
(And Long Bow. Don't care. Much want.)

This might be a different variant of the Crusader. The lack of one of the hands and the pelvis mounted srm-2 racks, makes me think of the 5M

Here's the picture of the variant from Sarna:
Posted Image
Keep in mind, that i'm PRETTY SURE that it still has a hand actuator in the record sheets. It's just that the art doesn't show it, for some reason or another.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 14 January 2018 - 10:17 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users