#5521 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

It is viable in a warfare situation. If you hide the thing properly in some old garage, power down, lead the enemy force down that path and get your Urbie pilots (some local militia only, no need to waste real pilots) to fire off one shot from that AC/20 in the back of them (which is pretty nice kick, I mean, a successful rear CT shot would destroy even the mighty AS7-D) and then eject and run for their lives, you've got a perfect bang for a buck.

Not usable in MW:O, true, but you can't deny this thing isn't really as stupidly built as one would think on the first look. :)

Hey, we have some too. :blink:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see the Urbie in game. My concern was the viability of an AC20 with only 7 shots.... In TT when the armor wasn't doubled and AC20 was something to be feared... In MWO, an AC20 with limited shots and a SL for backup is just asking for it. And I love the AC20 too, just not with less than 3 tons of ammo. Though, the Urbie could use it to keep the locusts away, but they'd have to be damn good shots....

#5522 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 October 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see the Urbie in game. My concern was the viability of an AC20 with only 7 shots.... In TT when the armor wasn't doubled and AC20 was something to be feared... In MWO, an AC20 with limited shots and a SL for backup is just asking for it. And I love the AC20 too, just not with less than 3 tons of ammo. Though, the Urbie could use it to keep the locusts away, but they'd have to be damn good shots....

Yes the stock version will really (really) suck; but..... In MWO we have access to tech that was not available for the Urbanmech like Endo-Steel, FF armor, and XL engine. With these I bet you can make a fast (for an Urbie), harasser with 2-3 AC20 ammo and a ML for backup.

#5523 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 18 October 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Yes the stock version will really (really) suck; but..... In MWO we have access to tech that was not available for the Urbanmech like Endo-Steel, FF armor, and XL engine. With these I bet you can make a fast (for an Urbie), harasser with 2-3 AC20 ammo and a ML for backup.

There's always a sacrifice..... Stock won't come with full armor either so that'll be tonnage needed. Hopefully we'll get a chance to put all these theories to the test... :)

#5524 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View Postcdlord, on 18 October 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

There's always a sacrifice..... Stock won't come with full armor either so that'll be tonnage needed. Hopefully we'll get a chance to put all these theories to the test... :)

Stocks comes real close to full armor. MAx armor for the weight class is 6.5 tons, the stock Urbie has 6.

Also the true stock urbie has an AC10, not the 20, which is a rare alternate. That said, it would need the engine cap thrown out the window, and mobility tweaks that make the Hunchy look arthritic to truly stand a chance.

And I think it is safe to say that possibly only Utilyan is a bigger Urbie junkie than I in the entire player base.

#5525 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 October 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Also the true stock urbie has an AC10, not the 20, which is a rare alternate. That said, it would need the engine cap thrown out the window, and mobility tweaks that make the Hunchy look arthritic to truly stand a chance.

Yeah. It would be fun, but since they did the Urbie bobble head, it is pretty much sure we won't be seeing it in the game in any way outside of an April's Fools joke. And PGI hasn't shown much "promise" in that regard, so yeah, the chances are pretty much slimmer than the implementation of any other mech you could think of.

#5526 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yeah. It would be fun, but since they did the Urbie bobble head, it is pretty much sure we won't be seeing it in the game in any way outside of an April's Fools joke. And PGI hasn't shown much "promise" in that regard, so yeah, the chances are pretty much slimmer than the implementation of any other mech you could think of.

my Jihad era TT Urbie design
Posted Image
Back story is that one of the old Urbie plants were reopened along the old Chaos March, and retooled to try to get machines fast to stave off the Wobbies, and that they essentially retooled the line using Urbie and Valkyrie components and a"procured" shipment of RACs from the Feduns. The alternate version used a RAC2 but .5 tons more standard armor, a 3rd JJ and 3 medium lasers. Along with some experimental ones with Valkyrie arms attached instead.

Yes, my resistance unit was essentially a reinforced regiment of Urbies, old originals up to the new Urbie IIIs.

And we kicked Wobbie butt!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 18 October 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#5527 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 October 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Locust is 20 tons.

Urbie is 30 tons.

Yes, but size wise they're similar. It makes sense from a programming point of view.

#5528 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I think PGI will eventually add a Hero UrbanMech and make a butt load of money in the process. :)

#5529 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Expanded rarity table.
Posted Image

Important: values between () are the sum of all variants' availability.

EDIT: let's hope PGI uses similar numbers for the Community Warfare stuff they are doing.

Edited by Odanan, 19 October 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#5530 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Too bad there isn't something along these lines for 3050, too.

Really great chart, still.

Edited by Adridos, 19 October 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#5531 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostAdridos, on 19 October 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Too bad there isn't something along these lines for 3050, too.

Really great chart, still.

Really too bad. I searched everywhere for 3050 detailed info but didn't find. :)

So, unfortunately, this chart misses all the upgraded units (second level tech mechs).

#5532 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostOdanan, on 19 October 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Really too bad. I searched everywhere for 3050 detailed info but didn't find. ;)

So, unfortunately, this chart misses all the upgraded units (second level tech mechs).

eh, reading into the fluff, most of the upgrades are only now being produced as "field kits". Use the MUL list for specifics, and apply it by house variant.

#5533 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostColddawg, on 18 October 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yes, but size wise they're similar. It makes sense from a programming point of view.
Even with PGI's tendency to make Lights too small (versus the relatively-consistent scaling between the other weight classes), it seems unlikely (IMO) that a MWO UrbanMech would be as small as the MWO Locust.
If anything, it's more likely (IMO) to be closer to the MWO Commando or even the MWO Spider in terms of height.

Also, what do you mean by "it makes sense from a programming point of view"? ;)

View PostMaverick01, on 18 October 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

I think PGI will eventually add a Hero UrbanMech and make a butt load of money in the process. :huh:
Well, if PGI overhauled the Engine system so that the UrbanMech could be put into the game without a lighter-than-air Engine, that might be a possibility... :(

(Seriously - why was the Cockpit weight integrated into the Engine? I can kinda see the rational behind the Gyro integration (since Gyro weight is a function of Engine rating), but it still would have been better to have all three elements be separate (especially in the long term, when options like Small Cockpits & Heavy-Duty or XL Gyros should become available)... :D)

#5534 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 19 October 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Even with PGI's tendency to make Lights too small (versus the relatively-consistent scaling between the other weight classes), it seems unlikely (IMO) that a MWO UrbanMech would be as small as the MWO Locust.
If anything, it's more likely (IMO) to be closer to the MWO Commando or even the MWO Spider in terms of height.

Also, what do you mean by "it makes sense from a programming point of view"? ;)

Well, if PGI overhauled the Engine system so that the UrbanMech could be put into the game without a lighter-than-air Engine, that might be a possibility... :(

(Seriously - why was the Cockpit weight integrated into the Engine? I can kinda see the rational behind the Gyro integration (since Gyro weight is a function of Engine rating), but it still would have been better to have all three elements be separate (especially in the long term, when options like Small Cockpits & Heavy-Duty or XL Gyros should become available)... :D)

About the height of Commando, or a little smaller makes sense, since it will be consistently wider than a COM, and not get skinny legs like other lights. Also, over a 1/3 it's weight is in the bloody arm....

#5535 TDN Dreadnaught

• Pip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThe U.S.A

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Gotta love that Kenosha muscle(The AMC Javelin)

#5536 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

So anyone have any guesses as to what mech comes out April?

nov = shadow hawk (med)
dec = thunderbolt (heavy)
jan = battlemaster (assault)
feb = griffen (med)
march = wolverine (med)
april = ???

But what would be more dastardly (and most likely will happen is this)

nov = shadow hawk (med)
dec = griffen (med)
jan = wolverine (med)
feb = thunderbolt (heavy)
march = flea (light)
april = battlemaster (assault)
may = ???

Edited by ManDaisy, 20 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#5537 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostManDaisy, on 20 October 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

nov = shadow hawk (med)
feb = griffen (med)
march = wolverine (med)
april = Zeus! ( to be announced.....hopefully )

FTFY :huh:

nothing to guess since this is what we´re going to get :D......without april i guess

#5538 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Soon in game:

- Shadow Hawk, medium mech (15 October for Phoenix Project, 20 November for C-Bills)
- Thunderbolt, heavy mech (15 October for Phoenix Project, 18 December for C-Bills)
- Battlemaster, assault mech (15 October for Phoenix Project, 22 January for C-Bills)
- Griffin, medium mech (17 December for Phoenix Project, 18 February for C-Bills)
- Wolverine, medium mech (17 December for Phoenix Project, 18 March for C-Bills)
- Flea, light mech (delayed to April?)

May = Banshee or Firestarter.

#5539 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostManDaisy, on 20 October 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

nov = shadow hawk (med)
feb = griffen (med)
march = wolverine (med)
april = ???

We mustn't forget we still have the poor Flea left out there somewhere waiting for people who want to have the same kind of fun as with Locust. And the Clan mechs, of course, for whom this hiatus of creativity was created.

As a proud warrior of the IS and someone who likes fooling around in a Locust from time to time, I'd prefer if we got Flea first to get MASC finally out of the way (MASC is a pretty hefty component to miss when you put in the likes of Shadow Cat and Clan tech versions of equipment).

Edited by Adridos, 21 October 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#5540 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

why is the flea delayed so long?

46 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users