Clans Lost 50 Planets During The Weekend Event...

Balance

455 replies to this topic

#81 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostSorrowcry, on 28 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Ok. Take 7-day contract for clans and go. With screens and video plz. Thats would be funny.
High words and nothing above them.

I did this....

The clan mechs were clearly superior.

The teamwork was non-existant, I couldn't find a good 12man to play with, there was no coordination... and everyone insisted on taking super bad mechs like novas and ice ferrets when they could take stormcrows and timberwolves.

I mean .. seriously... clanners have something against picking there own clearly kickass mechs and insist on bringing the super bad mechs instead... its like if spheroids brought nothing but locusts, awesomes(or victors even worse) and catapults.

On the bright side clan narc + hordes of useless clan players in lrmboats = lotsa easy money for me.

If you pick the worst possible clanmech and go against dragons, wubbolts, stalkers, and firestarters clans will probably seem weak to you..... if you bring 4 hellbrigners or 3 stormcrows and a timberwolf they wont seem op to you.

#82 ST0RM3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

View Postzortesh, on 28 March 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

I did this....

The clan mechs were clearly superior.

The teamwork was non-existant, I couldn't find a good 12man to play with, there was no coordination... and everyone insisted on taking super bad mechs like novas and ice ferrets when they could take stormcrows and timberwolves.

I mean .. seriously... clanners have something against picking there own clearly kickass mechs and insist on bringing the super bad mechs instead... its like if spheroids brought nothing but locusts, awesomes(or victors even worse) and catapults.

On the bright side clan narc + hordes of useless clan players in lrmboats = lotsa easy money for me.

If you pick the worst possible clanmech and go against dragons, wubbolts, stalkers, and firestarters clans will probably seem weak to you..... if you bring 4 hellbrigners or 3 stormcrows and a timberwolf they wont seem op to you.

Sorry friend but this is nothing new in your words. LRM boats from IS we see too, but this is... Lets do not talk about lrms.
Just lets see:
Quirks for heatgen, cooldown, structure and range (especially for LLs!) and freakin duration for this LLs aaaand removing ghostheat from 2 to 3 for longrange play.
Quirks for heatgen, cooldown, structure, range for MPLs and SPLs and SRMs for close fight.
What have clans : stupidlolawful quirks on 4 useless mechs, hotest configs, fixed jj, baps, flamers, heatsinks too much longer duration of lasers. Did you know that range of quirked IS ERLLs and C ERLLs are same, but DURATION! Think of this.
I told about playing in CW only not public games. This really hard only hide and wait when spheroids comes closer and we shot them from mid-range. For now this is only single playeble tactic against premades on def. But attack against semi-good premades (not noobs on someting impossible) now is really hard or impossible.
What a HELL are clans are doing few months ago? Play hide and seek without shooting??
I do not want to kill IS mechs by 1 small laser from 1000m. I just want to play as fair as it can be.

Edited by Sorrowcry, 28 March 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#83 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

Wait....I thought in lore and stuff clans would wreck from distance and using speed keep that distance then wen enemy is weakened swoop in and crush....so why is it I am out ranged or even engaged at ranges that no IS mech could have....remove these quirks stopping to giving into IS bitching and yes make clan mechs superior in almost all levels but reduce clan numbers to 10 players vs 12...also make meta builds go away! I want versatile builds to be useful in CW'S actually....meaning same a Timber Prime stock build be useful actually....

#84 ROSS-128

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

It seems like a lot of mercs rolled Steiner recently, and the zerg is out in force with the event going on.

Koniz has six IS ghost drops queued right now (unless one drops while I'm typing this). Count 'em, that's 72 players sitting on their rear waiting to drop without an opponent. I doubt the quality of their mechs is going to have any influence on which way that planet goes.

#85 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Dude, you still have your 55t medium mech with a 50+ alpha with an eff. range of more than 400m that can go over 100kph and has the durability of an assault mech.

#86 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostE Rommel, on 28 March 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

It seems like a lot of mercs rolled Steiner recently, and the zerg is out in force with the event going on.

Koniz has six IS ghost drops queued right now (unless one drops while I'm typing this). Count 'em, that's 72 players sitting on their rear waiting to drop without an opponent. I doubt the quality of their mechs is going to have any influence on which way that planet goes.

Something that PGI needs to fix, a faction having 70 plus players dropping on one planet is almost sure to win it regardless of how they preform and that is ruining the CW experience

#87 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostSorrowcry, on 28 March 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Sorry friend but this is nothing new in your words. LRM boats from IS we see too, but this is... Lets do not talk about lrms.
Just lets see:
Quirks for heatgen, cooldown, structure and range (especially for LLs!) and freakin duration for this LLs aaaand removing ghostheat from 2 to 3 for longrange play.
Quirks for heatgen, cooldown, structure, range for MPLs and SPLs and SRMs for close fight.
What have clans : stupidlolawful quirks on 4 useless mechs, hotest configs, fixed jj, baps, flamers, heatsinks too much longer duration of lasers. Did you know that range of quirked IS ERLLs and C ERLLs are same, but DURATION! Think of this.
I told about playing in CW only not public games. This really hard only hide and wait when spheroids comes closer and we shot them from mid-range. For now this is only single playeble tactic against premades on def. But attack against semi-good premades (not noobs on someting impossible) now is really hard or impossible.
What a HELL are clans are doing few months ago? Play hide and seek without shooting??
I do not want to kill IS mechs by 1 small laser from 1000m. I just want to play as fair as it can be.

The lrms thing was a sidenote.. yes all pug groups suffer from too many lrms.

those quirks on put is mechs on par.

Clanmechs have higher heat spikes, but far better heat dissipation due to lower weight lasers, and double heatsinks that only cost two slots.

There up's and downs to both is and clanmechs... and only a few is mechs are comparable to good clanmechs.
namely dragons 1n's, firestarters, stalker 4n's, thunderbolt 5ss.

Id say this, i feel the game is fairly balanced atm, with specalized is mechs capable of outdoing clanmechs in very narrow circumstances, and with the clanmechs being slightly more powerful overall.

People ***** about the stalker 4n for some reason.. and sure it is powerful.. but its hot as hell, has gigantic side toroso's, moves slowly, cannot shield itself with its arms, and doesn't twist that well.

i mean compare the premier laser spew timerwolf.(my build)

To the oh so op 6 llas stalker.(from metamechs)

pros and cons.
stalker has higher mounts.
stalker has better inital sustainability.
They both have similar damage and range.
the timerwolf moves much faster.
the timberwolf has 27 dhs to the stalkers 19 dhs, so it dissipates much faster, ie once there both at high heat the timberwolf will be back down to a heat where it can alpha quicker.
The timberwolf can alpha every shot.
laser duration.. mech.. one mech has to fire 3 llas twice to get the 52 dmg downrange, the other just alphas once.

Now personally id take that timberwolf over that stalker any day of the week.

#88 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

They need to look into LZ camping, this is the most unfun part. There are outfits exploiting this and there is nothing to do against it on some maps. Grim Portico on the defensive side comes to mind in particular for me. I'm still very new to CW, only second day.

#89 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

View Postzortesh, on 28 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

i mean compare the premier laser spew timerwolf.(my build)

To the oh so op 6 llas stalker.(from metamechs)

pros and cons.
stalker has higher mounts.
stalker has better inital sustainability.
They both have similar damage and range.
the timerwolf moves much faster.
the timberwolf has 27 dhs to the stalkers 19 dhs, so it dissipates much faster, ie once there both at high heat the timberwolf will be back down to a heat where it can alpha quicker.
The timberwolf can alpha every shot.
laser duration.. mech.. one mech has to fire 3 llas twice to get the 52 dmg downrange, the other just alphas once.

Now personally id take that timberwolf over that stalker any day of the week.

I don't think you've been in a situation where you've tried to poke an organized team running those Stalkers and Thunderbolts en masse. Good luck even being able to show enough of your mech to even get a shot off with those arm mounted weapons without getting cored in both side torsos in the process.

Hardpoint location can completely make or break a mech in CW, and it's no surprise that the mechs that have the highest hardpoints are the ones most commonly used.

#90 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostMystere, on 28 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Ahem, isn't that's the exact same rationale given by IS folks whining about Clans being OP? As the saying goes, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Thats not what people say at all actually. They go by weapons, mech weights and XL side torso loss.

View PostInspectorG, on 28 March 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

"numbers have a quality all their own"
-Some strategist somewhere.

Dude get your Quote right.
"Quantity has a quality all its own"
-Joseph Stalin

#91 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 28 March 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Dude get your Quote right.
"Quantity has a quality all its own"
-Joseph Stalin

Meh, didint need to. :P

#92 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostAresye, on 28 March 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

I don't think you've been in a situation where you've tried to poke an organized team running those Stalkers and Thunderbolts en masse. Good luck even being able to show enough of your mech to even get a shot off with those arm mounted weapons without getting cored in both side torsos in the process.

Hardpoint location can completely make or break a mech in CW, and it's no surprise that the mechs that have the highest hardpoints are the ones most commonly used.

Well hopefully that is fixed with the Cauldron born and shadowcat.. though expect those to have some stupid nerfs as well to be "onpar" with IS mechs.

#93 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostAresye, on 28 March 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

Poking against a prepared firing line as anyone vs anyone is... well a bad idea... you'd have a hard if if it were stalkers or warhawks or timberwolves.

I have faced those thunderbolts and stalkers actully, since i have fought other is groups... I don't poke against them thou... I play as part of a organized team so its usually full on pushes or were the ones in the firing line, poking is discouraged as it wastes armour you will need in a real push, you poking in that situation is exactly what they want.

Thou the poking and shooting thing can work for clanners if they use there mobility so surround the enemy and poke from all sides, that way its way harder to focus the entire teams fire on you before you can duck back.

hellbrigners have excellent high mounted torso energy points if you wanna be poking, i often see them trolling away with there head mounted erll, and they have ecm, a pretty good mech all round.

If you face a organized team running coordinated dropdecks and your not you are screwed, its nothing to do with the balance of clans vs is, the organized team will win.

Take a wave of 12 5Asrm6(real srms not those pathetic streaks) stormcrows, hide behind cover, then to mass banzai charge when enemy gets close, it'll feel just as unfair to those on the receiving end of it as the stalkers feel to you.

Edited by zortesh, 28 March 2015 - 07:21 PM.

#94 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Give the Clans true DHS and the balance would be very close, right now the IS has teh advantage due to overheating of clan mechs when firing just 2 er's much less some of the builds I see the IS running like the 6 lg stalkers and even the 3 lg laser Shadow hawks with better heat and at 10 to 20 tons lighter.

#95 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

The problem is the IS get the extra cbill bonuses for contacts and the mercs go there to get it..
If PGI made it that everyone got the same cbill bonuses then everyone would probably be with the clans..
I noticed today while calling attacks on JF. Clan Wolf was defending JF today for the majority!
I noticed that Clans are getting new players and they aren't going to be as good as they were.
We were rolling almost everyone we played today... I went 13-3 against Clans today and almost all of the wins we camped the spawn and destroyed all the mechs.
Sulforious is the most horrible match to defend on!
Even if the "Clans are OP" they have a hard time defending the spawns on that map...
PGI please fix!

#96 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 28 March 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Give the Clans true DHS and the balance would be very close, right now the IS has teh advantage due to overheating of clan mechs when firing just 2 er's much less some of the builds I see the IS running like the 6 lg stalkers and even the 3 lg laser Shadow hawks with better heat and at 10 to 20 tons lighter.

The only reason Clan mechs overheat so much is because Clan pilots choose to overgun their mechs with lasers without regard to the heat sinks needed to keep the mech balanced. Clan weapons generate more heat, but they also get more tonnage for heat sinks by virtue of their weapons weighing less than their Inner Sphere equivalents, and more crits to use them in because of their smaller crit size. Indeed, Clan mechs are the only ones that can put double heat sinks in their -legs- to use water to push their cooling even higher!

That doesn't even get into the greater damage Clan weapons do for the heat that they balance out with those smaller and more numerous double heat sinks, which means a Clan mech can do comparable damage to an Inner Sphere mech with fewer or smaller weapons (a Clan ER Medium Laser is 1/5th the tonnage and half the critical space of the Inner Sphere Large Laser, yet does about the same damage for nearly the same range. Given that the Clan mech can then take 4 more double heat sinks for the saved tonnage..).

Anyway, let's drop this whole 'Clan mechs have more heat issues than Inner Sphere mechs' because it just isn't true. Both types of mech have the same heat issues for the same reason: Pilot decision to overload their mech with weapons instead of the heat sinks to keep it stable. Clan mechs simply have more temptation to do so because of the greater damage potential of their weapons and the idea that a Clan pilot can use their higher average speed to alpha strike and expect to duck back into cover for a cooldown.

Edited by Jakob Knight, 28 March 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#97 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostJakob Knight, on 28 March 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

Anyway, let's drop this whole 'Clan mechs have more heat issues than Inner Sphere mechs' because it just isn't true.

Er.... No. When 5 large lasers run cooler than 4 medium lasers, you think there is something different... So yes, Clans run hotter, and losing a side torso only makes it worse.

This event is being a GOOD slap in the face of the IS cry babies. The combo with stalker + thunderbolts + firestarters is getting really hard to beat.

#98 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

The Space Pope would like to suggest a new title for this thread:

"Clans lose 8 planets, many people start making assumptions, confirmation bias in full force all around."

Edited by The True Space Pope, 28 March 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#99 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

Anos benedicto conductos mechanicos totales. Amen.

#100 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

View PostAnarcho, on 28 March 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Er.... No. When 5 large lasers run cooler than 4 medium lasers, you think there is something different... So yes, Clans run hotter, and losing a side torso only makes it worse.

5 is larges is cooler then your 4 clan mediums? your building your mechs wrong, theres these things called heatsinks, there helpful to add to a mech becuase they up the heat capp and your heat dissipation.

Being as your mediums are 1 ton have only 2 less damage, and the same range you should have the space and tonnage for alot of heatsinks.

View PostAnarcho, on 28 March 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

This event is being a GOOD slap in the face of the IS cry babies. The combo with stalker + thunderbolts + firestarters is getting really hard to beat.

Weird, seeing as i've faced both clans and is 12mans, and i can say teams that consist of solely stormcrows and timberwolves, are way scaryier then teams that consist soley of firestarters, thunderbolts, and stalkers.

Edited by zortesh, 28 March 2015 - 10:56 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users