227 replies to this topic

#101 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

Reading these five pages and regardless of where people stand.

We have yes voters Saying they are going to pick on no voters i'm assuming this is also going as far as TKing hoping PGI will turn a blind eye and not ban said TKer

We have No voters angry at the slimy way PGI went about trying to go back on their word.

Regardless of where I stand, all I can say is Congratulations P.G.I instead of, gaining three or four grand you have most certainly, lost in the long term far more income.

I refuse to believe your so utterly naive, as to not realise what this was going to do, you have turned the community deliberately against each other, in a grubby attempt to squeeze out some more cash

You disgust me

#102 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Fun fact: Collectibles doesn't have to be exclusive to be collectibles.

Did i say so? :blink:

#103 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostCodestar, on 19 May 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

Will we be able to see who the miserable spuds are who voted no? I would like to victimise them on the battlefield in the mechs they don't even use any more??? Seriously??? Sad day for the community!

Codestar

Yes resell the founders mechs too. Good idea! They are really good looking mechs. I'm sure there are more people out there who would love a chance to get their own set. Stop being miserable Twits!

Codestar

Honestly ... if PGI wants to resell the package all they need to do is change the "P" designation on the Phoenix mechs to something else and change the titles/badges. All the mechs in the Phoenix packs are available in the game already. The 30% cbill variants and the medallions are the only unique elements as I recall. The amount of work involved in creating a "P2", "P'" (P prime), "PR" (Phoenix Reborn, Phoenix Rises) version of the mechs ... is completely minimal (just look at the I and G and non-named versions of the clan invasion mechs)

I also have no idea how many folks would even bother buying a re-released Phoenix mech pack since I expect many folks would have already purchased the ones they wanted.

My guess is that PGI wants to do it for consistency. Other than Founders which is somewhat unique ... I think Phoenix is the only mech pack that is not still currently available. After Phoenix they decided that there was no reason not to keep the mech packs up for sale as good bargains for mech purchases. However, Phoenix was originally released as a limited edition so they have a conundrum which could easily be addressed with a Phoenix Reborn pack with different titles and mech identifiers but otherwise the same.

#104 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

No offense, but have any of you who voted no thought that because you voted no, you are potentially denying PGI a huge wave of income, and potentially a "Phoenix Wave 2" further down the line with mechs like the Stinger/Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Crusader and Marauder, and even more?

If the Phoenix Project were re-opened, it could very well pay for the remaining Phoenix Mechs that were not touched due to Harmony Gold's stranglehold on them. Who the hell seriously cares about "false advertising" these days anyway. We are CONSTANTLY bombarded with false advertisements in this day and age.

Think this through guys, you're denying PGI even more money that could be spent to add more mechs to, and overall improve this game.

cant tell if serious or troll

#105 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostAnimus41, on 19 May 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Remember folks a Yes vote here means a Yes vote for the resell of the Founders mechs as well.

Go for it! 120$ for 4 total mechs... no variants and simple dirt skin... Bring it!!!

#106 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 20 May 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

Did i say so? :blink:

No, I did not. I apologize if sounds that I accused you of that. I know the toxicity is high here, so I see how you could see it that way.
But I also just wanted to point out that even if they resell the Phoenix packs, they are still collectibles.

#107 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

No, I did not. I apologize if sounds that I accused you of that. I know the toxicity is high here, so I see how you could see it that way.
But I also just wanted to point out that even if they resell the Phoenix packs, they are still collectibles.

As is every other mech.
We agree here.
He just said he thought he was collecting. Actually he is, no matter what.

#108 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 May 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

No it doesn't. The two packages aren't even remotely comparable. That statement is too idiotic to warrant a longer response.

they are comparable in one important reguard, they were both sold as a limited time deal that would never be sold again.

#109 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

So would Never saying Never when it comes to doing business.

Sony has upheld its advertised agreement that Multiplayer content for games released on the Playstation 3 Platform will never be gated by a subscription service. To this day that's been held up since it's release in 2006

They made no such promises with future platforms like the Vita and Playstation 4. From that added the Multiplayer content gating for those platforms.

As a corporation they've upheld their consumer agreement, So one of the largest hardware manufacturers in the world can do that. I'm pretty sure PGI can hold up to that same ideal.

#110 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostCreovex, on 20 May 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Go for it! 120$ for 4 total mechs... no variants and simple dirt skin... Bring it!!!

The legendary ($120) founders package came with $80 of MC as well + numerous other benefits since its release. Personally not precious about any game content. So $40 for the four founder mechs for new players would be fine with me. Good deal when compared to 4 Urbies! :D Just supporting game I enjoy playing. Lets go stomp some robots!!!

Codestar

#111 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

The legendary ($120) founders package came with $80 of MC as well + numerous other benefits since its release. Personally not precious about any game content. So $40 for the four founder mechs for new players would be fine with me. Good deal when compared to 4 Urbies! :D Just supporting game I enjoy playing. Lets go stomp some robots!!!

Codestar

To be fair though, the founders pack also came with the very real risk of never piloting those mechs because of different issues related to the development of the game.

#112 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostCodestar, on 19 May 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

Will we be able to see who the miserable spuds are who voted no? I would like to victimise them on the battlefield in the mechs they don't even use any more??? Seriously??? Sad day for the community!

Codestar

From a similar thread:

View PostMystere, on 20 May 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Why even bother to give people a choice if those who disagreed with you will just be blamed, vilified, tarred, and feathered?

<smh>

Edited by Mystere, 20 May 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#113 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

Honestly, you people.

Has no one considered the possibility that PGI are asking this question, in this way BECAUSE they know what the answer will be and so when forum dwellers agitate for another release of the Phoenix pack they can point at the results here and say "well we asked but..."?

Personally, the exclusivity of the Phoenix and Sabre gives me no value, so I don't mind if they sold it again. I would argue that the Founders is different, even though I missed out on being a Founder.

Can you all stop pretending to be lawyers and consider the possibility that maybe, juuuust maybe, PGI know WTF they're doing?

#114 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

#115 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 20 May 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

Honestly, you people.

Has no one considered the possibility that PGI are asking this question, in this way BECAUSE they know what the answer will be and so when forum dwellers agitate for another release of the Phoenix pack they can point at the results here and say "well we asked but..."?

Personally, the exclusivity of the Phoenix and Sabre gives me no value, so I don't mind if they sold it again. I would argue that the Founders is different, even though I missed out on being a Founder.

Can you all stop pretending to be lawyers and consider the possibility that maybe, juuuust maybe, PGI know WTF they're doing?

Maybe because PGI goofed up three times on this event alone?

Seriously, the bevy of past and present mistakes and failures does make one skeptical...

#116 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

You all disgust me.

Not really. I just wanted to get into the spirit of the thread.

;)

#117 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostAppogee, on 20 May 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

You all disgust me.

Not really. I just wanted to get into the spirit of the thread.

;)

I know, right? It's what all the cool kids are doing.

#118 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 20 May 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Sony has upheld its advertised agreement that Multiplayer content for games released on the Playstation 3 Platform will never be gated by a subscription service. To this day that's been held up since it's release in 2006

They made no such promises with future platforms like the Vita and Playstation 4. From that added the Multiplayer content gating for those platforms.

As a corporation they've upheld their consumer agreement, So one of the largest hardware manufacturers in the world can do that. I'm pretty sure PGI can hold up to that same ideal.
Wait... Does PGI also own product manufacturing? A Movie studio?

Sony is a really big company with their hands in a lot of different pies. They can afford to take a stand like that thanks to other divisions profits.

#119 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 20 May 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

Maybe because PGI goofed up three times on this event alone?

What are their three goofs on this event? Maybe I missed them.

#120 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 20 May 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

What are their three goofs on this event? Maybe I missed them.

1. Having it.
2. Persisting with it.
3. Finishing it.

;)

Edited by Appogee, 20 May 2015 - 08:43 AM.

60 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 60 guests, 0 anonymous users