That got a heart felt chortle.

#122 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

Nah, I thought it was fine. I am genuinely surprised that so many fellow Phoenix owners voted No in the poll.

It seems a bit of an own goal from my perspective ... denies PGI funding to continue development, and leads to fewer inferior Phoenix Mechs on the battlefield for the rest of us Phoenix suckers to shoot at.

#123 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

The legendary ($120) founders package came with $80 of MC as well + numerous other benefits since its release. Personally not precious about any game content. So $40 for the four founder mechs for new players would be fine with me. Good deal when compared to 4 Urbies! :D Just supporting game I enjoy playing. Lets go stomp some robots!!!

Codestar

So you want all the reward and none of the risk associated with the early investors?

Yes you're paying now for that content. But when this was originally pitched there was no guarantee that the title would be successful, there was no guarantee that it'd even still be active today.

At the time you had MW:O and MW:T start within a month of each other for Kickstarter funding. MW:O is still here, MW:T isn't. All those people who invested in MW:T have lost out on that investment. I being among them. I accepted that risk and put my money where I felt there was a product I desired and accepted that risk.

I personally think PGI taking the stance of asking the original investors is abhorrent in their disrespect to gain additional income from existing content rather than creating new content or other innovative means of acquiring income. Possibly even adjusting their business models to parody other successful F2P titles. I'll look directly over at what is now Daybreak Games with titles like Everquest, Planetside, and H1Z1 and EA's SWTOR for that. Microtransaction stores (We have that, sorta...), Optional Subscription model with associated membership bonuses given to users weekly (Could Use this), All the while still continuing to release expansion packs (We get this to in mechpacks...but could do other things with it). Even with the console release of Elder Scrolls Online there is a dynamic shift for that title to mirror what SWTOR currently has for their subscription model. These are examples of the ever changing industry for the F2P market and successful adaptation.

Edit: http://www.swtorstra...rs-in-2013.html

Edited by Mirkk Defwode, 20 May 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#124 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Wait... Does PGI also own product manufacturing? A Movie studio?

Sony is a really big company with their hands in a lot of different pies. They can afford to take a stand like that thanks to other divisions profits.

So what you are saying is that because PGI is a small company they can lie all they want. Your argument makes no sense.

#125 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 20 May 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

Fun fact: The Phoenix mechs actually ARE collectible items. As are the founders.

First Production run of Princess Di beanie baby is collectable. Second run of the Princess Di BB... Not so much. Why didn't the original lose their value when a second run was made ...I wonder???

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 20 May 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#126 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 20 May 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

Fun fact: The Phoenix mechs actually ARE collectible items. As are the founders.

Debatable. They can't be traded or sold so you cannot really do the things with them that collectibles are for. They are about as collectible as a tattoo.

#127 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Wait... Does PGI also own product manufacturing? A Movie studio?

Sony is a really big company with their hands in a lot of different pies. They can afford to take a stand like that thanks to other divisions profits.

Sony is big with their fingers in a lot of pies.

That's also beside the point. The point being they've upheld an advertised agreement with their consumers that moved consoles.

In this case PGI is looking to go back on an advertised agreement that actually added weight to peoples determination to make the purchase of the Phoenix pack and associated Sabre reinforcements.

In this case it's the statement that it's a limited time offer, and that they wouldn't be selling it again. That certainly weighed on my choices at the time as to whether to purchase it or not.

#128 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostAnimus41, on 20 May 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

So what you are saying is that because PGI is a small company they can lie all they want. Your argument makes no sense.

no your argument doesn't. because they are a small company they need to have disclaimers so they can do whats needed to continue to earn profits.

You gave your word You understand PGI has the right to change things as they see fit. It is in the terms of service you agreed to. You gave YOUR word YOU accepted this agreement. Soon as you don't like the agreement You go back on YOUR word and complain cause PGI exercises its rights under the terms of service.

Who's Untrustworthy again? You electronically shook hands, but now you don't want to honor YOUR end of the deal.
Posted Image
meet
Posted Image

Practice what You preach or sit down. -_-

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 20 May 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Sony is big with their fingers in a lot of pies.

That's also beside the point. The point being they've upheld an advertised agreement with their consumers that moved consoles.

In this case PGI is looking to go back on an advertised agreement that actually added weight to peoples determination to make the purchase of the Phoenix pack and associated Sabre reinforcements.

In this case it's the statement that it's a limited time offer, and that they wouldn't be selling it again. That certainly weighed on my choices at the time as to whether to purchase it or not.
Technically it is still a limited time offer. It has not been running continuously but Might start up again. It could also end again and in doing so continue to be Limited in time.

#129 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

First Production run of Princess Di beanie baby is collectable. Second run of the Princess Di BB... Not so much. Why didn't the original lose their value when a second run was made ...I wonder???

This example is.... disturbing :wacko:

How much would the first production run be worth if there never had been a second one?
Those two production runs are clearly distinguishable. Would this be also the case for the reopened phoenix package?

#130 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 20 May 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

This example is.... disturbing :wacko:

How much would the first production run be worth if there never had been a second one?
Those two production runs are clearly distinguishable. Would this be also the case for the reopened phoenix package?

Interesting idea! What if they reopen the Phoenix pack, but make sure that people can see if you bought the original one or the second one. Maybe that would even increase the worth of the originals even if the new owners technically have the same thing.

#131 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostJetfire, on 20 May 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Debatable. They can't be traded or sold so you cannot really do the things with them that collectibles are for. They are about as collectible as a tattoo.

You cant give the description of your tattoo to someone else and it appears on his skin.
You can give your login data to anybody you want. They will be able to use your account and also deny you usage of it.
Waiter, another analogy please! This one is stale!

#132 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostCathy, on 20 May 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

So let them change it, let them go do the deed without our help, let them be proven the liars once again, showing once more how utterly untrustworthy PGI are.

Let the steamers come along, and see

Never again means never again unless we have run out of ideas.

They want these mechs packed again fine, they can call it the No integrity Pack, and change the (P) mechs camo to look like a guy in cheap shades, with a back pocket full of dollars

Or they could use the Bounty Hunter's $ per bounty mark.

#133 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Interesting idea! What if they reopen the Phoenix pack, but make sure that people can see if you bought the original one or the second one. Maybe that would even increase the worth of the originals even if the new owners technically have the same thing.

Might at least sway some of the "no" sayers.
Nothing like that has been stated though when the poll was opened. It was a poll for carte blanche action. This gets a "no" from me.

#134 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 20 May 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

So you want all the reward and none of the risk associated with the early investors?

Legendary founder too Mirkk. I was paying to support a game I would like to play. I like playing the game I have, and would like to continue playing the game. Total spend $1213.90 to date. As Appogee said above it seems to be an own goal for the community. The fun things for me is playing with everyone in the matches. Every match I have is fun (usually!). Different mechs just give me different ways to have fun. Less mechs for all is less fun for all!

Weekend event idea. Gold mech of your choice for 250 (p) mech kills! Is this trollin' ? ;)

Lets go play!

Codestar

#135 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

The idea of rebranding and re-releasing it has been suggested in quite a few places. And for the most part hasn't met with opposition from the original Phoenix Holders. Personally if they want to do that, just change the Chassis that has the (P) distinction, change the custom geo on those new mechs, and make it an option for the original Phoenix holders to acquire those mechs and those mechs alone.

#136 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 20 May 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Hey if they wanna throw $120 at PGI for 4 Mechs without the risk... Let em.

#137 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 20 May 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

The idea of rebranding and re-releasing it has been suggested in quite a few places. And for the most part hasn't met with opposition from the original Phoenix Holders. Personally if they want to do that, just change the Chassis that has the (P) distinction, change the custom geo on those new mechs, and make it an option for the original Phoenix holders to acquire those mechs and those mechs alone.

Most suggestions that I've read was to simply make a different pack altogether which kind of defeats the point. What I meant was to have the exact same mechs with the exact same look, but perhaps with a [P2] instead of [P]. With a badge that looks the same but with a "2" in the corner.

#138 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Legendary founder too Mirkk. I was paying to support a game I would like to play. I like playing the game I have, and would like to continue playing the game. Total spend $1213.90 to date. As Appogee said above it seems to be an own goal for the community. The fun things for me is playing with everyone in the matches. Every match I have is fun (usually!). Different mechs just give me different ways to have fun. Less mechs for all is less fun for all!

Weekend event idea. Gold mech of your choice for 250 (p) mech kills! Is this trollin' ? ;)

Lets go play!

Codestar

Congratulations on being a Legendary Founder. My goal was not to call you out but to make the point that many of the people clambering for this content to be released again it is about acquiring the special bits without having the risk associated with it.

In the latter half of my statement I also made a point to poke at other potential revenue streams that have been mentioned quite a few times by different folks in different areas/threads/discussions for having a more consistent income system that isn't tied to the premium time system. Even a tiered income system that doesn't negate premium time as an interim option, or full subscription model that includes premium time and longevity bonuses, or the ability to produce and add mechpacks for directly injected content.

#139 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Most suggestions that I've read was to simply make a different pack altogether which kind of defeats the point. What I meant was to have the exact same mechs with the exact same look, but perhaps with a [P2] instead of [P]. With a badge that looks the same but with a "2" in the corner.

Second edition!

#140 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 20 May 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

What are their three goofs on this event? Maybe I missed them.

They goofed with the solo versus group drops bug, they goofed with the tournament page going down, and they goofed at recording qualifying matches (even after the tournament page came back up, a lot of people didn't get their matches recorded). They couldn't execute this Event correctly,

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users