Psa: Phoenix Poll Link

227 replies to this topic

#141 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 20 May 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

This example is.... disturbing :wacko:

How much would the first production run be worth if there never had been a second one?
Those two production runs are clearly distinguishable. Would this be also the case for the reopened phoenix package?

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Interesting idea! What if they reopen the Phoenix pack, but make sure that people can see if you bought the original one or the second one. Maybe that would even increase the worth of the originals even if the new owners technically have the same thing.

You can't increase the worth of something you can't trade. There is no way to transfer said item so the only value associate to it is the "intrinsic value" or you can look at if from the "opportunity cost" perspective to attribute value. What you got and what it means to you (place a value on it) ... and what you could have gotten for the same amount of money (didn't get a 24' flat screen monitor because of it)...

If the poll fails, they should re-release it as Phoenix Rising - Resistance III and change the default color pattern on the 'P' mechs to match the resistance colors... Game...set... match!!!

Edited by Creovex, 20 May 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#142 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

First Production run of Princess Di beanie baby is collectable. Second run of the Princess Di BB... Not so much. Why didn't the original lose their value when a second run was made ...I wonder???

Who wants a Princess Di beanie baby??? :blink:

#143 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

I love that people are associated that if the Phoenix pack is not re-opened, PGI will go out of business. I mean honestly how many of the Phoenix pack's do you think they are going to see? If I did not have it already I would not buy it now since all the mechs are in game, and honestly there is nothing to stellar about the P versions.

As I said I think this whole thing should have better thought out, Off the Pack with a Phase 2 liable on them, or something, making this a black and white yes/no Vote without out any thought out options was not smart on PGI's part.

Edited by TKSax, 20 May 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#144 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostCreovex, on 20 May 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

You can't increase the worth of something you can't trade. There is no way to transfer said item so the only value associate to it is the "intrinsic value" and "opportunity cost". What you got and what it means to you (place a value on it) ... and what you could have gotten for the same amount of money (didn't get a 24' flat screen monitor because of it)...

If the poll fails, they should re-release it as Phoenix Rising - Resistance III and change the default color pattern on the 'P' mechs to match the resistance colors... Game...set... match!!!

Well I don't think it has any value either way, but it might satisfy those who think it does. And satisfy those that also what a phoenix mech with the added benefits it comes with. A compromise.

#145 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 20 May 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Who wants a Princess Di beanie baby??? :blink:

Collectors.

Who wants to keep players from having the mechs they want? :huh:

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 20 May 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#146 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Hmm looks in mechbay... seems like those mechs are available so how are they being kept from players? Its not like the are Gift Store only. grumble grumble

#147 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostTKSax, on 20 May 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

I love that people are associated that if the Phoenix pack is not re-opened, PGI will go out of business. I mean honestly how many of the Phoenix pack's do you think they are going to see? If I did not have it already I would not buy it now since all the mechs are in game, and honestly there is nothing to stellar about the P versions.

As I said I think this whole thing should have better thought out, Off the Pack with a Phase 2 liable on them, or something, making this a black and white yes/no Vote without out any thought out options was not smart on PGI's part.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I don't think it's that much moneys worth. But then again, I don't see how a Yes somehow allows them to do whatever they want like some are saying.
But I think they asked so vaguely because they just wanted to test the waters. They also didn't know how serious people were about the UrbanMech before they gave people a way to answer.

#148 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostCreovex, on 20 May 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

You can't increase the worth of something you can't trade. There is no way to transfer said item so the only value associate to it is the "intrinsic value" or you can look at if from the "opportunity cost" perspective to attribute value. What you got and what it means to you (place a value on it) ... and what you could have gotten for the same amount of money (didn't get a 24' flat screen monitor because of it)...

This is nonsense.
You know a game called "Eve"? Your login there can easily be worth several thousand $. All because of the virtual assets connected to this login.

You can not trade in the game here, but you could very well trade your virtual assets via your login data.

#149 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostHellcat420, on 20 May 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

they are comparable in one important reguard, they were both sold as a limited time deal that would never be sold again.

For DIFFERENT reasons.

The Founders can't be possibly brought back, because we are past the "founding" phase. Also, unlike the Phoenix pack, the founders took great risk, and helped create the financial foundation for the game. They are listed in the credits, by name FFS. Those guys are the reason this game exists, and that is a unique privilege that should never be granted again. The Phoenix pack never had anything like that. It was just the first non-founders mech pack offered.

Now I don't know why everyone is getting pissy about the Phoenix pack being re-offered. PGI didn't say they're doing it. They are asking our opinion, and giving us the choice to let them do it, or not do it.

I personally think it's silly to re-offer the pack, since all the mechs already exist in-game, and can be purchased for C-Bills. The unique geometry isn't really that important, for the price, to be honest.

#150 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Collectors.

Princess Di Beanie Baby...I can't believe that's even considered a collectible...

Surely you jest? :blink:

#151 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 20 May 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Princess Di Beanie Baby...I can't believe that's even considered a collectible...

Surely you jest? :blink:

I don't know. I hear some people are getting pretty upset about other people getting their hands on some imaginary items that can only be used in one game, when they thought they had them for themselves.
I **** you not.

#152 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

But then again, I don't see how a Yes somehow allows them to do whatever they want like some are saying.

I kinda do, if they do decide to resell the pack, does that mean if enough people ask them about Gold TimberWolfs they were also re-open those to sales?

#153 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 May 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

For DIFFERENT reasons.

The Founders can't be possibly brought back, because we are past the "founding" phase. Also, unlike the Phoenix pack, the founders took great risk, and helped create the financial foundation for the game. They are listed in the credits, by name FFS. Those guys are the reason this game exists, and that is a unique privilege that should never be granted again. The Phoenix pack never had anything like that. It was just the first non-founders mech pack offered.

Now I don't know why everyone is getting pissy about the Phoenix pack being re-offered. PGI didn't say they're doing it. They are asking our opinion, and giving us the choice to let them do it, or not do it.

I personally think it's silly to re-offer the pack, since all the mechs already exist in-game, and can be purchased for C-Bills. The unique geometry isn't really that important, for the price, to be honest.

Maybe because there was risk at the time the Phoenix was offered? IGP/PGI was stumbling along back then; there was concern about whether the game would be around a year later. People who bought into the Phoenix were taking a chance then. I know I thought long and hard about purchasing the pack, so long, in fact, that I didn't buy mine until the week before it was canceled. Add to that the sensation of being had, now that PGI is hinting at re-releasing the pack, and you get a lot of angry customers. People feel like they took a risk and were tricked.

View PostTKSax, on 20 May 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

I kinda do, if they do decide to resell the pack, does that mean if enough people ask them about Gold TimberWolfs they were also re-open those to sales?

Exactly! They are testing the waters to see if they can get away with this with other products as well. The Phoenix was the logical option. If it's re-released, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Gold Mechs and Founder's Packs get put on the table as well.

#154 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostTKSax, on 20 May 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

A re-release would have brought PGI some revenue. It may have kept MWO alive for an extra 2 weeks in the future. Two weeks I would have had been having fun with you folks! Now its going to end 2 weeks early!

I want the fun to go on forever!

Codestar

#155 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

A re-release would have brought PGI some revenue. It may have kept MWO alive for an extra 2 weeks in the future. Two weeks I would have had been having fun with you folks! Now its going to end 2 weeks early!

I want the fun to go on forever!

Codestar

ROFL

Releasing a Phoenix II Pack would have garnered even more money...

#156 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostTKSax, on 20 May 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

That doesn't make sense. The gold mechs aren't Phoenix mechs. How does saying yes to reselling Phoenix allow them to resell anything else than that?
If they did they would be doing as much wrong then as reselling the Phoenix packs without asking would now. It changes nothing about anything else but the Phoenix mechs.
It might suggest that we are more likely to agree to the others, but it is no guarantee and they would still need to ask first. It's the fact that they are ask first that makes it okay if we say yes.

View PostNightmare1, on 20 May 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

ROFL

Releasing a Phoenix II Pack would have garnered even more money...

If by Phoenix II Pack you mean the exact same pack, but with a "2" added, then yes.

Edited by Savage Wolf, 20 May 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#157 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 20 May 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

This is nonsense.
You know a game called "Eve"? Your login there can easily be worth several thousand $. All because of the virtual assets connected to this login.

You can not trade in the game here, but you could very well trade your virtual assets via your login data.

Far from nonsense.... There is no APPROVED (non-BANNABLE) method to transfer items from one account to another outside of a gift store purchase. Selling an account is not approved and can void the account thus it is not a solution. However, I could take a mint condition Spider Man Issue #1 (if I had one), and sell it to someone else without any repercussions. Big difference between digital and tangible assets here ace.

Edited by Creovex, 20 May 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#158 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 May 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

That doesn't make sense. The gold mechs aren't Phoenix mechs. How does saying yes to reselling Phoenix allow them to resell anything else than that?

Phoniex Mechs were offered as limited time only, never to be sold again one sale ends.

Gold Mechs offered as Limited Quantities never to be sold again one sold out.

If enough people ask about Gold TimberWolves they have set precedent that they will sell more of stuff that was limited...

#159 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 20 May 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Maybe because there was risk at the time the Phoenix was offered? IGP/PGI was stumbling along back then; there was concern about whether the game would be around a year later. People who bought into the Phoenix were taking a chance then. I know I thought long and hard about purchasing the pack, so long, in fact, that I didn't buy mine until the week before it was canceled. Add to that the sensation of being had, now that PGI is hinting at re-releasing the pack, and you get a lot of angry customers. People feel like they took a risk and were tricked.

The founders packs were advertised as an investment, the Phoenix was not.
If you considered it a risky deal, then that's just your assessment and nothing more.
I just paid for 18 mechs. Nothing more.

View PostTKSax, on 20 May 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Phoniex Mechs were offered as limited time only, never to be sold again one sale ends.

If enough people ask about Gold TimberWolves they have set precedent that they will sell more of stuff that was limited...

And then they would need to ask again because that was how they succeeded in reselling the first one. There is no way they would get around asking again. There would just be greater reason to consider asking at all.

#160 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostTKSax, on 20 May 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Honestly, if they get that kind of overwhelming demand fr Gold T-Wolves, they should re-offer them. If you can find that many crazy people willing, and wanting, to shell out 270 dollars for a skin, then go ahead.

PGI themselves said that the gold mechs was a stunt by IGP, and they personally didn't really like it, but I would not be upset with them at all, if they get enough responses asking for a re-release of the gold mechs.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users